Announcing: Gwenpool Goes to the Movies

Comments

• Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Hey All,

Seeing a lot of questions about the difficulty of this Quest. Just to set the record straight, while the difficulty might go up a little throughout the event, it will not be a significant change. The tuning will remain along the same path, but the only change to difficulty would be the Encounters. Some Champions are just trickier fights than others.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Member Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Hey All,

Seeing a lot of questions about the difficulty of this Quest. Just to set the record straight, while the difficulty might go up a little throughout the event, it will not be a significant change. The tuning will remain along the same path, but the only change to difficulty would be the Encounters. Some Champions are just trickier fights than others.

So the event will be significantly easy, correct?
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Member Posts: 301 ★★
    Hey All,

It's just weird that the difficulty is *so* low. I was expecting Epic to be at the same level as Uncollected. It's not even as hard as Master. It's a little boring.
    Hey All,

It's just weird that the difficulty is *so* low. I was expecting Epic to be at the same level as Uncollected. It's not even as hard as Master. It's a little boring.

But it’s easy 5* shards and a free 5*
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,303 Guardian
    Hey All,

I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but the difficulty is so low it is almost meaningless that the difficulties are different between tiers. I mean, for any player that's been in the game for any length of time, it might as well all be the same difficulty.

I get it if this is really just supposed to be a fun little distraction to tie in to the movies, but as a fun little distraction the path lengths and energy costs are probably somewhat higher than appropriate for fun little distractions. By no means are the maps excessively long or the energy costs inordinately high, but if this was really intended for most players to just dive in there and scoop up rewards, it should probably take less time to run through all the maps. Even auto-fighting through the entire thing, it gets repetitive enough to cease to be light fun.
  • JmclcaeJmclcae Member Posts: 5
    I can only see 2.5k 5* shards in the rewards , where are the 5k missing?
  • TwmRTwmR Member Posts: 662 ★★★
    Jmclcae wrote: »
    I can only see 2.5k 5* shards in the rewards , where are the 5k missing?

They are rewards for each individual quest
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Member Posts: 296
    Honestly I rather see the opponent pi in epic stay where it is. It makes this event playable by anyone over lvl 40 and they get something decent out of it. It would be a nice change up from all the other stress from the game and much like the 2* arena for a guaranteed 5*
  • KhowalskhiKhowalskhi Member Posts: 1
    I need war machine
  • ElusiveElusive Member Posts: 45
    Is the capitain america infinity war in the 2* crystal? @Kabam Miike
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Member Posts: 412 ★★★
    DNA summed it up very nicely. Auto-fighting this much is very boring and the added difficulty is basically just a time sink since the difficulty is so low. Really need a simulate or auto-win feature for content that is vastly below an accounts power level. Alternatively you could make it so that the rewards scale up with each difficulty and players are rewarded based on the highest one they've completed (peak milestones! but for quests, in a way).
  • AntmanfanAntmanfan Member Posts: 2
    Just because it is easy doesn't means it needs to change, I think the this is a great side quest because it gives newer players a chance to improve their roster and gives veteran players good rewards for not much effort. Based on the past few months of side quest, I think that the current state of Gwenpool goes to the movies is something that we all deserve. I think that we should take thee rewards and just shut up.
  • KyleMKyleM Member Posts: 129
    I want a challenge use low level champs
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Member Posts: 84
    No there's no 5* Thor , war machine
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    The last thing I'm going to complain about is a fun, little exercise that gives relatively simple earnings.
    Why isn't scarlet witch in any of the cinematic crystals other then the 2*? War machine and thor are at least listed as not available as 5* but scarlet witch isn't even available as a 4* in the cinematic crystals
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Member Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    Why isn't scarlet witch in any of the cinematic crystals other then the 2*? War machine and thor are at least listed as not available as 5* but scarlet witch isn't even available as a 4* in the cinematic crystals

Scarlet witch? She shouldn't even be in the cinematic crystal
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Member Posts: 276
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 5* shards don't add up to 7500.... What am I missing?

Why not? She was in avengers age of ultron and avengers infinity war. They even have her on the list of champs needed this special quest.

Why not? She was in avengers age of ultron and avengers infinity war. They even have her on the list of champs needed this special quest.

Iron Man
    Hulk
    Warmachine
    Thor
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Iron Patriot
    Loki
    Winter Soldier
    Star-Lord
    Ultron
    YellowJacket
    Black Panther (Civil War)
    Mordo
    Yondu
    Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Killmonger
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Wasp

You sure? This is the list of needed champions. I'm pretty sure I'm not blind and i don't see her anywhere.
    Nitro422 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 5* shards don't add up to 7500.... What am I missing?

Did you count the exploration and completion rewards for each quest?
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I am missing 6 champs. Looks like can't do 100% in any of the difficulty levels.

• WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    I am missing 6 champs. Looks like can't do 100% in any of the difficulty levels.

It's all the same difficulty so you are good there. Also come August 8th you will have easy attempts at the missing champs in the quickmatch arena. It will award you a 2* basic cinematic crystal instead of the usual arena crystal. This will be available for the rest of the month. Don't lose hope yet! You still have plenty of time and opportunity to get your missing champs.
    When do week 2 quests start? I forgot when the week one quests started...
    When do week 2 quests start? I forgot when the week one quests started...

August 8th
  • SheldonStrange09SheldonStrange09 Member Posts: 7
    Will the difficulties at Week 2, 3, 4 remain the same as in Week 1?
  • KyleMKyleM Member Posts: 129
    Will the difficulties at Week 2, 3, 4 remain the same as in Week 1?

Yes pretty sure miike confirmed that if memory serves
    Miike didn't say it would remain the same. All he said was it was not going to have significant increases. That could mean many of things. Week 4 in epic could have 5.5k pi opponents instead of 24k pi opponents. Or it could be 10k pi opponents. Epic difficulty is about the global node buffs and jacked up ai. (Play a map of heroic then switch to epic and you will see what I mean).
    Still the way miike talked about the difficulty is that most players should be able to play it without the need to waste items.
    edited August 2018
    Miike didn't say it would remain the same. All he said was it was not going to have significant increases. That could mean many of things. Week 4 in epic could have 5.5k pi opponents instead of 24k pi opponents. Or it could be 10k pi opponents. Epic difficulty is about the global node buffs and jacked up ai. (Play a map of heroic then switch to epic and you will see what I mean).
    Still the way miike talked about the difficulty is that most players should be able to play it without the need to waste items.

11hgrgis8jva.jpeg

See, it won’t get very hard. Easy 5*.
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Member Posts: 84
    Why can't cap America iw/ww2 work as a gate for cap America?