Options

What's the deal with the Gambit relic?

Comments

• Options
    SUPREME77SUPREME77 Posts: 144
    someone please close this discussion 😭
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

When Kabam put out the wrong mystic champion in the 7* Titan Pool choice, that’s not a bug, it’s a mistake, it’s an error.

If Kabam never intended the Crit rate for Gambit relic to be what ended up in the game, it’s not a bug. That a screw up/mistake/error. It’s not an unintended interaction caused by some part of the game, someone has put the wrong numbers in. Just like the wrong champion was put on the Titan Pool as a choice.

When anything new is added to the game there should be a checklist that looks at, is the thing being added, doing what it should be doing.

It looks like Gambit wasn’t released as the developers had intended and months later the mistake has been discovered, which should have been part of testing. This should have been communicated before any changes were made.

But the wider point that Dr Zola has made, there are too many bugs in the game that get through, but there’s also to many of these error/mistakes that mean champions abilities get reduced/nerfed/changed to there ‘intended’ levels when they should have never been put out wrongly in the first place, or discovered within at most a day of being live.

All this developer time is being freed up through reducing the number lanes on Act Content and number of nodes changes in BG, hopefully there will be more time to check are the things being released doing what they are supposed to do, and not wait 3-6 months for player data feedback to realise things are wrong.

Took them MONTHS to notice that Gambit’s crit rate is a mistake 😂
  • Options
    5th5th Posts: 151 ★★
    Wozzle007 said:

When anything new is added to the game there should be a checklist that looks at, is the thing being added, doing what it should be doing.

Simple!!

• Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

Previously, the Gambit relic gave specials that deal physical damage +~2200 crit rating across all rarities and ranks. I can't imagine this was intended but has it now actually been fixed or was it just a visual bug and the crit rating displayed was never accurate?

The crit rating has now changed to various values across the different rarities with the 4* giving +~800 crit rating and the 5* giving +~1600 crit rating. I'm unsure on how much crit rating the 6* gives as I don't own it.

The additional crit rating still doesn't increase as the relic is ranked up however. Is this also intended or not? Will there be anymore changes to it or is this the final version?

I wanted to report this very thing yesterday. I held back thinking it was just some bug.

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,070 ★★★★★

Mods here used to acknowledge when there’s a problem and say they’d take it back to the game team. We don’t see that happening anymore; threads with bug reports get ignored. Apathy reigns supreme and there’s zero to no accountability.

Just because they don't comment, doesn't mean it wasn't given to the team. Plus the team has access to the forums.
  • Options
    5th5th Posts: 151 ★★
    edited June 2023

Mods here used to acknowledge when there’s a problem and say they’d take it back to the game team. We don’t see that happening anymore; threads with bug reports get ignored. Apathy reigns supreme and there’s zero to no accountability.

Plus the team has access to the forums.
    Yes.

• Options
    7714dtl said:

Just because they don't comment, doesn't mean it wasn't given to the team. Plus the team has access to the forums.
    Also bo reason to assume the team got it. The lack of communication between the moderators/game team is beyond obnoxious. The moderators respond to next to nothing nowadays including legit questions/game issues.
    The problem is that you expect every thread to be answered every time. From what it seems, there's only 3 mods left, Miike, Jax and possibly Zibit.

There's thousands of threads in the bugs section and many are the same problems and many are answered by the community. The mods have commented many times that even though there's no comment from a mod, the threads are passed along.

But the community does themselves a disservice by rarely ever giving appropriate details needed too. Half the bug threads don't have the info needed to pass along. A mod will comment and then the OP never responds.

You know how many "why is spiderman evading Venom" threads there are? Do all of those need to be passed a long to the team?
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

The point I'm making is NONE of us have enough information to make assertions either way. I suspect it's a bug because history shows they don't just silently nerf things, and they've said so umpteen times.
    The implied point I made, which was overlooked, was it's always best to gather more information and ask then jump to the "nerf" conclusion.

History does say the opposite tho 💁‍♂️
    Hard disagree. In 8 and a half years, I'd like to know what history of silent nerfs that is.
    There's been a few, you can search the forums or YouTube to get enough.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★
    Listen, communication is an ongoing process of improvement, and there's no doubt that things can slip through the cracks sometimes.
    However, the primary purpose of the Forum is for us to discuss the game. Not to get answers. They've been quite upfront about the fact that not all Threads will get a response from Moderation.
    I'm not saying there aren't issues. That doesn't mean everything brought up will have a confirmation either way. Any idea how many issues they deal with in a month? Yes, it's their job. They're also human. They do the best they can.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

xLunatiXx said:

The point I'm making is NONE of us have enough information to make assertions either way. I suspect it's a bug because history shows they don't just silently nerf things, and they've said so umpteen times.
    The implied point I made, which was overlooked, was it's always best to gather more information and ask then jump to the "nerf" conclusion.

Hard disagree. In 8 and a half years, I'd like to know what history of silent nerfs that is.
    Name them. Other than bishop there hasn't been one. Bug fixes don't count
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

xLunatiXx said:

If there's been so many, why can't you just say them instead of this response?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    edited June 2023
    Communication happened fast after this message 🤣
  • Options
    Chris_118Chris_118 Posts: 28
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

The Crit tuning values were intended be as follows:
    4-Star: 800
    5-Star: 1600
    6-Star: 2400

How are these values intended to scale when levelling up the slot?
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 290 ★★

007Bishop said:

007Bishop said:

xLunatiXx said:

Wow is that the first (or another) shadow nerf ? I'm losing my words

There are no shadow nerfs. If anything, it's likely a bug.
    The Kabam employee speaks. Once again. Now don't speak again.
    It's easy to just insult someone and go when you don't have any arguments
    cope desi boy
    Hmm they should make a Desi boy version of the Desi girl song 🩰
    P.Chopra :blush: