**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Champion Improvement Suggestions [edited by Mod for clarity]

Comments

• YawnYawn Posts: 22
    Yeah I see what you’re saying. Some champs will be better than others, that’s just the way things go. The odds of buffed champs being rank 5 worthy is close to zero. Just wish there was somewhere that each champ had a place, such as a game mode or some amazing counter to a war node or strong defense placement. I know, It’s a lot to ask.
    Yawn wrote: »
    Gonna have to disagree with you on your point that there is no need to buff old champs. KABAM has made it their mission statement that they want champion diversity in all aspects of the game. This will never happen if there are champs as useless as iron fist/ x force Deadpool/ khan/ Groot etc... The whole idea that champs will one day “go outta style because they’re old therefore be rendered useless” shouldn’t be the direction the game should be taking and shouldn’t be something you’re okay with.
    At 1 point iron fist was used for legends run back then,

But this is cae with all old champs there is no need to kabam to buff old champs,

Look at venom/carnage they got a nice buff...but how many of those people are actually going to r5 5* when there are champs like.

Medusa/hyperion/Corvus in cosmic category or other strong meta champs.
    @Yawn

Yea ill wait for the day someone brings

Xforce deadpool,kamala khan,groot, to alliance war attack, till then, they are not meta characters and are not worth r5 5* vs better champs in respective class

And even if they did get buffs..how will they stack up? They will need to be equal or better in terms of what they will bring to the table.

For example what does buffing kamala khan or using her have over champions like hyperion,corvus,medusa? If she ever did get a buff..will she be any better? Willl she be a champion worthy to r5 5*?

And yea they are used for diversity for defense. Faced a 6* duped deadpool xforce via @DoolieRay defense for
    “diversity defense”
    Thats where he will be used for.

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Yeah I see what you’re saying. Some champs will be better than others, that’s just the way things go. The odds of buffed champs being rank 5 worthy is close to zero. Just wish there was somewhere that each champ had a place, such as a game mode or some amazing counter to a war node or strong defense placement. I know, It’s a lot to ask.
    Gonna have to disagree with you on your point that there is no need to buff old champs. KABAM has made it their mission statement that they want champion diversity in all aspects of the game. This will never happen if there are champs as useless as iron fist/ x force Deadpool/ khan/ Groot etc... The whole idea that champs will one day “go outta style because they’re old therefore be rendered useless” shouldn’t be the direction the game should be taking and shouldn’t be something you’re okay with.

But this is cae with all old champs there is no need to kabam to buff old champs,

Look at venom/carnage they got a nice buff...but how many of those people are actually going to r5 5* when there are champs like.

@Yawn

Xforce deadpool,kamala khan,groot, to alliance war attack, till then, they are not meta characters and are not worth r5 5* vs better champs in respective class

And even if they did get buffs..how will they stack up? They will need to be equal or better in terms of what they will bring to the table.

For example what does buffing kamala khan or using her have over champions like hyperion,corvus,medusa? If she ever did get a buff..will she be any better? Willl she be a champion worthy to r5 5*?

And yea they are used for diversity for defense. Faced a 6* duped deadpool xforce via @DoolieRay defense for
    “diversity defense”

To many champs and game continues to evolve, i dont see people pulling triggers for r5 5* carnage or venom unless they arent trying to competitive in aw.

They been buffed and are alot better, r5 5* worthy? All depends on user, and what they value

Look at red skull..he has nowhere in the game for any used but a diversity champ, there are better champs, even older ones.

Look what happen last months eq ronan was the mvp. But now hes back to arena fodder, and he doesnt serve ang purpose right nkw and i just dont see him as a r4/5 5*

People used ronan and i used him aswel to beat uncollected symbiote,redskill,heimdal

qpqoj40hdxev.jpeg

Yeah, I too used Ronan, and it was refreshing using a character that never gets the spotlight. It gave him some part within the game unique to him. It proved that he had value in the right context/situation. It was fun to find out that a task that was impossible for god tier champs was slight work for Ronan. Would be cool to see this done with other characters during certain AW/AQ seasons and the monthly EQ’s. It would mix up and shift the meta characters every so often and gives them use without buffing them. But yeah, with a continually evolving game the task of keeping everyone viable in every context just can’t exist. I don’t think every character needs to be r5 worthy so long as they have somewhere to be used aside from the dullest part of the game, arena.

@Yawn

“diversity defense”

To many champs and game continues to evolve, i dont see people pulling triggers for r5 5* carnage or venom unless they arent trying to competitive in aw.

They been buffed and are alot better, r5 5* worthy? All depends on user, and what they value

Look at red skull..he has nowhere in the game for any used but a diversity champ, there are better champs, even older ones.

Look what happen last months eq ronan was the mvp. But now hes back to arena fodder, and he doesnt serve ang purpose right nkw and i just dont see him as a r4/5 5*

People used ronan and i used him aswel to beat uncollected symbiote,redskill,heimdal

qpqoj40hdxev.jpeg

• BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    edited October 2018
    I’d like to thank @Kabam Porthos. Personally I believe this needs to be addressed before any real improvements will be seen. I

Any champ, mastery, or class subject to downgrade, should be restored to former glory (Multiple downgrades never- Dr. Strange being one) Before any chamge that affects a large number of champions, or favored champion by the masses, should be looked at in terms of how those changes will make those champs better, not worse.

Make all content “slightly better” to match if you have to. Instead of making a much better champion and waiting for peole to really start using them, only to take the fun out of it.

The point is to make champs a better option for diversity, not to handicap them. Any negative impact to an entire class (MD) or negative impacts on abilities (Bleed) have broader implications. (Deep Wounds, Assassian, other mastery)

This is what upsets peole. No love is given until it’s almost demanded. Due to the fact too many peole enjoy using them? Dosnt make sense to me, but I still enjoy playing and using the new, more powerful champs, even knowing there’s a chance they will get a downgrade.

Champs should never be downgraded though, nor masteries or classes. Make the other masteries BETTER, not worse. This will help “fix” problems without having second guess when it’s clear peole can’t use their favorite champions anymore.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Champion improvement Suggest :

RedSkull:

psmsd1ljrbax.png

Armor Up Buff Are Passive

Special 1: Transmit Force – Red Skull strikes his opponent before passing through space to quickly catch them off guard with two quick hits.

All hits refreshes all Shocks on the opponent inflicted through Red Skull’s abilities and Stuns the opponent for 2 Seconds And Armor Break For 10 Seconds

RedSkull Has A Chance To Gain A Fury Buff increase he's Damage For 10 Seconds

Hold Block For 1 Second to Remove A Dbuff ( at the Cause of an Armor Up )

Increase he's Base State

Cosmic Cube Power Give Him immunity to the effects of Poisons and reduces the damage of Bleeds by 50%.

He need To Be Changed Because He Mystic Food And Suck Weak Damage And Base State

And he was Hyped But Kabam Developers Didn't Do Him Justice
    edited October 2018
    Champion Improvement Suggest :

fv3k3qu7gj31.png

The Sentry

Passive: Reality Warp

At the start of a fight and after every 15 Hits in a Combo, Sentry gains a Reality Warp. Reality Warps stack up to 8 max. Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities.
    Passive: State of Mind

Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next State for every 10 Hits in a Combo. When Sentry loses his Combo, he reverts to Unyielding Fortitude.

Unyielding Fortitude: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry cannot lose his Combo. Remains until Sentry changes States.

Overpowering Light: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 1 Attack Damage is increased by 1000.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. Remains until Sentry changes States.

Steadfast Approach: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Heavy Attack Damage is increased by 1000 per Reality Warp. In addition, he gains 100% chance to Perfect Block and He's Heavy Attack inflect Incinerate Damage

Absolute Strength: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 2 Attack Damage is increased by 900.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. Remains until Sentry changes States.

After Absolute Strength, Sentry restarts State of Mind, entering Unyielding Fortitude.
    Special Attacks:

Special 1: Light Blast – Sentry punches his opponent before unleashing a Light-based Energy blast.

100% chance for Fury, increasing your Attack by 400 for 20 seconds.

Special 2: Soaring Strike – Sentry leads with an uppercut then loops around for a flying double punch.

100% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 1333.67 Armor Rating reduction for 20 seconds.

Special 3: Channel the Void – Sentry transforms into the Void, creating a black hole that consumes the opponent.

When Health is below 50% Or Above , Sentry consumes 3 Reality Warp to Heal 2000 over 8 seconds.

Signature Ability: Molecular Reformation – Reality Warps persist from fight to fight and Sentry has a chance to gain Indestructible when he loses a Combo.

When Sentry loses his Combo, he has a 100% chance to become Indestructible for 3-5 seconds per Reality Warp.

At the start of a fight, if Health is above 0%, Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight.

immune to the effects of Poisons and reduces the damage of Bleeds by 85%.

45% chance For Basic hits To inflict Incinerate Debuff on the opponent

Note: Why I Think Sentry Need A Buff Because People Have Voted in this Post :

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/99442/worst-2018-champ#latest

He's the Worst 2018 Champ according to Mcoc Community
    Just duped my 5* Ant-Man.

He has two abilities. Three counting his “signature”

What got me is the very slim “25% of the time” it activates. Fatigue is far to slim of a chance to make it effective, and his sp2 poision damage is just weak compared to others.

He could use some love for sure. Look at wasp, she’s more in line with how his ability should work with “shrink” Ant-Man can become enormous though and should have some offensive ability, at least the possibility. For example, his heavy attack animation should be more like Memphistos. Growing in size to deliver a huge blow. Maybe add stun or bonus to attack as a kicker.

It would be cool to see champions become more fluid and animated, as so many newer champions are. Makes it better experience all around. No need to change mechanics either, not if just polishing graphics anyway. Champion models are identical in many cases and could be addressed as a whole, one at a time.

This is not my Post By The Way

• ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    Champion Improvement Suggest :

fv3k3qu7gj31.png

The Sentry

Passive: Reality Warp

At the start of a fight and after every 15 Hits in a Combo, Sentry gains a Reality Warp. Reality Warps stack up to 8 max. Reality Warps are used as a multiplier for his abilities.
    Passive: State of Mind

Sentry starts the fight in Unyielding Fortitude and changes to the next State for every 10 Hits in a Combo. When Sentry loses his Combo, he reverts to Unyielding Fortitude.

Unyielding Fortitude: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry cannot lose his Combo. Remains until Sentry changes States.

Overpowering Light: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 1 Attack Damage is increased by 1000.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. Remains until Sentry changes States.

Steadfast Approach: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Heavy Attack Damage is increased by 1000 per Reality Warp. In addition, he gains 100% chance to Perfect Block and He's Heavy Attack inflect Incinerate Damage

Absolute Strength: 100% chance on entering this State, Sentry’s Special 2 Attack Damage is increased by 900.8 per Reality Warp and is Unblockable. Remains until Sentry changes States.

After Absolute Strength, Sentry restarts State of Mind, entering Unyielding Fortitude.
    Special Attacks:

Special 1: Light Blast – Sentry punches his opponent before unleashing a Light-based Energy blast.

100% chance for Fury, increasing your Attack by 400 for 20 seconds.

Special 2: Soaring Strike – Sentry leads with an uppercut then loops around for a flying double punch.

100% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying 1333.67 Armor Rating reduction for 20 seconds.

Special 3: Channel the Void – Sentry transforms into the Void, creating a black hole that consumes the opponent.

When Health is below 50% Or Above , Sentry consumes 3 Reality Warp to Heal 2000 over 8 seconds.

Signature Ability: Molecular Reformation – Reality Warps persist from fight to fight and Sentry has a chance to gain Indestructible when he loses a Combo.

When Sentry loses his Combo, he has a 100% chance to become Indestructible for 3-5 seconds per Reality Warp.

At the start of a fight, if Health is above 0%, Reality Warps persist with Sentry from the previous fight.

immune to the effects of Poisons and reduces the damage of Bleeds by 85%.

45% chance For Basic hits To inflict Incinerate Debuff on the opponent

Note: Why I Think Sentry Need A Buff Because People Have Voted in this Post :

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/99442/worst-2018-champ#latest

He's the Worst 2018 Champ according to Mcoc Community

It's been already said sentry won't be buffed. He was already buffed which made his abilities slightly better. Red skull is a newer champion. So possibly he won't be buffed soon. Good suggestions though
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Champion: Deadpool X-Force

What I Dislike: Pretty much everything to be quite honest... His power gain sucks, because you only get it when taking damage. His bleed is okay at best, but it pales in comparison to Domino... There is really no reason to ever play with DPX, because there are always other champs with better power gain and bleed that I would choose to bring on my team before DPX. Also, his sig ability kinda sucks. The idea is kinda cool, but it needs something more to actually make it worthwhile.

Suggested Improvements: If DPX is going to have power gain, it should be something similar to what Hyperion and Mordo have. None of this take damage to gain some power ridiculousness. On top of that, his special attacks are lacking... Sure keep the bleed, but I think we can do better.

New Ability: Critical bleed. While the opponent is bleeding, DPX has a 100% chance to place a critical bleed on the opponent, lasting 5 seconds, when using special attacks.

Sp1: This attack should refresh all bleeds on the enemy

sp2: I can't remember what percentage of his attack this special does as bleed damage, but I would buff that by about 200%, as well as extend the timer on the bleed to something like 10-15 seconds (gives time to refresh it using sp1).

sp3: Again, boost the damage of the bleed by about 200%, and extend the timer of this bleed to 20 seconds.

Sig: Dodendum Poke. Keep this ability the same, except change bleeds to be able to stack. This signature ability will give DPX a huge boost as it will ensure the opponents are almost always bleeding when he uses a special attack. Combined with the idea for critical bleed, a DPX dupe will no longer leave summoners dissapointed.

Alternative idea: DPX sig could also change to be something like Hyperion's except with debuffs. Something like "All debuffs last 70% longer" on top of that I would still keep his dodendum poke ability.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334

What got me is the very slim “25% of the time” it activates. Fatigue is far to slim of a chance to make it effective, and his sp2 poision damage is just weak compared to others.

He could use some love for sure. Look at wasp, she’s more in line with how his ability should work with “shrink” Ant-Man can become enormous though and should have some offensive ability, at least the possibility. For example, his heavy attack animation should be more like Memphistos. Growing in size to deliver a huge blow. Maybe add stun or bonus to attack as a kicker.

It would be cool to see champions become more fluid and animated, as so many newer champions are. Makes it better experience all around. No need to change mechanics either, not if just polishing graphics anyway. Champion models are identical in many cases and could be addressed as a whole, one at a time.

@issamaf80 It was mine.

I wanted to know if my 5* Ant Man, awakened yesterday, could be considered as a even somewhat effects defender? Now that he’s awakened anyway.

Never used him on offense and rarely ever see him on any AW maps, he’s almost turned into an ant and can’t come back. Wish he would though!

BeginthEnd wrote: »

@issamaf80 It was mine.

I wanted to know if my 5* Ant Man, awakened yesterday, could be considered as a even somewhat effects defender? Now that he’s awakened anyway.

Never used him on offense and rarely ever see him on any AW maps, he’s almost turned into an ant and can’t come back. Wish he would though!

Yes I Told You in The Post
    Let's Keep this post alive
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

I agree with you!
    If the old champs become outdated, it will only be a Race to get the new ones while they are hot. The classic heroes that have become the favorite of many will be left unused. And Heroes that are very strong in the comics gets left in the dust by obscure new heroes just because they are new to the game.

Kabam needs to continuously update old champs to keep up with the new that get introduced with new buffs and features. There must be some balance to the game.

I agree with you!
    If the old champs become outdated, it will only be a Race to get the new ones while they are hot. The classic heroes that have become the favorite of many will be left unused. And Heroes that are very strong in the comics gets left in the dust by obscure new heroes just because they are new to the game.

Kabam needs to continuously update old champs to keep up with the new that get introduced with new buffs and features. There must be some balance to the game.

Agreed with you
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

I agree with you!

Agreed with you

Also, I might add:
    It makes it more difficult for the more casual players, that take a long time to rank up their favorite champions and spend valuable resources on that, just to find that their heroes of choice are now good for almost nothing.
    The game needs both competitive players and casual players. And we need to feel somewhat safe investing time and money on ranking up heroes, also in the long run.
  • science22science22 Posts: 125
    Suel wrote: »
    Jane foster is the worst

Why is she bad.. She can do some reasonable damage with some not so bad staggers and stuns. But, at least she's better than IF. :/
  • science22science22 Posts: 125
    Loki is the worst Mystic in my opinion, but both are bad. No point in comparing garbage with garbage. They need buffs badly.

He's great against buff champions like medusa, crossbones and etc. He usually is a popular pick in Act 4's OG Ultron but his weakness are heavy hitting champs with less buffs like Domino and GP. Loki is very underestimated.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    edited October 2018
    Upgrade most of the old meh tier champions. Kabam should focus on both Deadpool’s and Ms Marvels. I add red Deadpool because everyone who has him spent money to get him and he should be one of the best champs.
    edited October 2018
    science22 wrote: »
    Jane foster is the worst

Why is she bad.. She can do some reasonable damage with some not so bad staggers and stuns. But, at least she's better than IF. :/

IF desperately needs a buff...

Character Update: Iron Fist

What I Dislike: Everything... Iron Fist is weak. Despite his armor break, his hits are fairly weak, and he needs something more to actually make him a usable character.

Suggested Improvements: Iron fist needs a whole lot of love when it comes time for an update. He should be one of the top armor break champs in the game, yet he is severely lacking in this area.

First, make his sig part of his regular abilities. Iron Fist should be able to stack armor breaks without needing the dupe.

Second, add the ability for IF to Armor Shatter. Perhaps after IF has stacked 5 armor breaks, preforming a heavy attack will armor shatter the opponent for 5-10 seconds.

sp1 (update): Make this special attack refresh all armor breaks and armor shatters.

New Sig ability: When an opponent is suffering from armor shatter, Iron Fist strikes will killer accuracy hitting guaranteed critical hits with a 1000 critical damage increase. (Much like Thor Jane).

None of these abilities give IF insane utility, but they would significantly help his damage output.
  • I think Mordo needs improvement on Sig ability coz uis Sig. ability is useless.
  • And ant Man is useless.... He defenitely needs improvement
    CASrini003 wrote: »
    I think Mordo needs improvement on Sig ability coz uis Sig. ability is useless.

Ahem Mordo Sig Block Unblockebull So Like Korg And IM IW ...
    CASrini003 wrote: »
    I think Mordo needs improvement on Sig ability coz uis Sig. ability is useless.

Ahem Mordo Sig Block Unblockebull So Like Korg And IM IW ...

His sig is energy resist when he's blocking which is incredibly useless.
    Thanks for the non robotic response and comment that actually contributes to the discussion! Appreciate it!
    Hey guys, I completely understand your desire to see some of the older Champions in The Contest, including Iron Fist, made more powerful.

I have a 5-Star Iron Fist on my own roster and decided not to upgrade him to Rank-2, simply because I have other Mystic Champions who are much more fun to play with. With that being said, Ranking him up is definitely something I would consider doing if he was improved. Personally, I think if he was altered to be able to take more Damage from Opponents and could inflict Bleed/Shock and Stun with Heavy Attacks and Specials, he would be a million times better!

The Contest isn't the same as real life and Champions aren't always the same as they were in comics. Though, even in this unique Battlerealm, I've always felt that if Punisher 2099 can Stun Opponent's with a Heavy Attack, Iron Fist should be able to do the same. I mean, he does hit Opponents with an IRON fist after all, and I think Bleed or Shock from his Heavy Attacks and Specials would just make sense!

To help make this discussion as constructive as possible, if there's a Champion you're unhappy with and would like to see them made more powerful, think about including some of the following points in your comment:

- Name of the Champion you would like to be changed
    - Which features or abilities about them don't you like at the moment and why
    - How exactly would you change them and why would you make the said changes, try to be specific!

Unfortunately, I can't promise that any of the ideas put forward in this thread will be implemented in a future update but feedback like this is really welcomed by our Game Team. Ultimately, we want you guys to enjoy playing the game as much as possible and a discussion like this one can be really helpful in allowing us to identify specific Champions that you're unhappy with and what exactly you don't like about them so we can consider making the changes you want to see.

I have to say, this is the most reasonable improvement I’ve seen so far. It wouldn’t make him a god but it would make him usable. It also doesn’t stray far from the way he was designed to operate. Good post.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Jane foster is the worst

What I Dislike: Everything... Iron Fist is weak. Despite his armor break, his hits are fairly weak, and he needs something more to actually make him a usable character.

Suggested Improvements: Iron fist needs a whole lot of love when it comes time for an update. He should be one of the top armor break champs in the game, yet he is severely lacking in this area.

First, make his sig part of his regular abilities. Iron Fist should be able to stack armor breaks without needing the dupe.

Second, add the ability for IF to Armor Shatter. Perhaps after IF has stacked 5 armor breaks, preforming a heavy attack will armor shatter the opponent for 5-10 seconds.

sp1 (update): Make this special attack refresh all armor breaks and armor shatters.

New Sig ability: When an opponent is suffering from armor shatter, Iron Fist strikes will killer accuracy hitting guaranteed critical hits with a 1000 critical damage increase. (Much like Thor Jane).

None of these abilities give IF insane utility, but they would significantly help his damage output.

I have to say, this is the most reasonable improvement I’ve seen so far. It wouldn’t make him a god but it would make him usable. It also doesn’t stray far from the way he was designed to operate. Good post.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Jane foster is the worst

I really want some love for my 6* IF :smiley: