**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Class and Rarity Gates - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

It's really not about making it last longer, although it may take some longer to get there. It's a progress gate. The point is to make it accesible to people who have reached a certain level of progress. For some, they've reached it. For others, they'll have to work towards it.

You can’t work towards progress in the game. It’s too RNG dependent. It’s one thing to not be able to take down a boss because you haven’t mastered the skills yet (Act 4 Maestro is the best example of this with his special 1).
    You can absolutely work towards having a certain number of 6*s.
    Notcho59 said:

I have 100% completed act 6.1

The biggest hurdle was overcoming not having my synergy champions on my team which definitely cost me a few extra revives. This is why we "the community" insist that this rarity gating content is bias towards the whales. The whales have all their synergy teams at the highest rarity and the non-spenders do not.

Variant 1 and 2 are great examples of how to create difficult content that did not specifically cater to the whales.

Notcho59 said:

I have 100% completed act 6.1

The biggest hurdle was overcoming not having my synergy champions on my team which definitely cost me a few extra revives. This is why we "the community" insist that this rarity gating content is bias towards the whales. The whales have all their synergy teams at the highest rarity and the non-spenders do not.

Variant 1 and 2 are great examples of how to create difficult content that did not specifically cater to the whales.

Storymode is not a competition. It's permanent content that can be done when and if we're ready.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Why r the devs so repulsed by using skill gates rather than these cheap tactics? Put a infinity Thanos or LoL Maestro in each path but stop with these cheapskate gates
  • DrFreakyDrFreaky Posts: 30
    Everytime theres a specific quest we have top Spend our gold to rank up a certain champs. We are all short on gold, We have been saying but no listening.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Really? Just scroll to the bottom and look at all the gates.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

It's really not about making it last longer, although it may take some longer to get there. It's a progress gate. The point is to make it accesible to people who have reached a certain level of progress. For some, they've reached it. For others, they'll have to work towards it.

You can’t work towards progress in the game. It’s too RNG dependent. It’s one thing to not be able to take down a boss because you haven’t mastered the skills yet (Act 4 Maestro is the best example of this with his special 1).
    No you can’t... especially if you’re gettibg multiple dupes which can happen because of RNG.
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

No you can’t... especially if you’re gettibg multiple dupes which can happen because of RNG.
    If you're telling me that having a certain number of 6*s is not a goal you can make, work towards, and attain, I'm going to have to disagree. That's literally the objective of accumulating them.
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 153 ★★★
    I see this as bad move given Apple’s upcoming release of Apple arcade....Kabam needs to find a way to find common ground with the player base. Their competition for players is about to see a huge increase with games that won’t cater to whales and won’t be so RNG/loot box dependent.

Nothing good will come of these continued rarity bans.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

Very conservatively, that's over 4000 units in a month.

Which is actually nothing.

Spending your entire unit net worth each month on 20 cav crystals to maybe get 2 arena fodder 5 stars is hardly worth getting excited about.

You're right on most things and you're smart than I am, but you're very wrong on this. "Good access" to 5s and 6s through the cav crystal is wrong on so many levels even if you run this game like a full time job and have a giant roster capable of said grinds and you don't do war or any content.

Trust me, I've seen it all. I'm in masters, place very high in AQ, so I know what people spend. Having the cavalier title doesn't give us better access to 5s and 6s unless we spend and spend a lot. This game is more pay2win more than ever and getting worse and worse.
    The Cavalier Crystals are not the only access to 6*s and 5*s that we have. Overall, they've become more available than when they were introduced. This is not only some random statement. They have the data to back up that claim. They're not widely available for everyone in the game, but neither is this content.
    We're being told that we have more access to 5*s and 6*s after being cavalier. True technically but a dishonest statement in practice unless we spend. All the grinding in the world for cavalier crystals won't put a dent in our progression.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

No 4s!
    Can bring only certain classes!
    Can only bring 1 5 star!
    Only certain sizes!

Give me a break. What's next....class, rarity, tag, and rank restrictions all in one?

"For act 6.3 only 6* hero science champs at r2 with a size matter global node in this lane!"

We get it, you want us to spend $10 000 a week on cav crystals like COW. Great, see how the game survives when you've restricted players so hard that there's no one left to play. I spent $6000 in a month a few months back on this game, and I'm not doing that anymore.

End game players are getting rid of their accounts like the plague. Master level teams can't find decent players for war anymore cause all the vets got tired of where the game's headed and sold off their accounts to noobs who can barely play.

What is the point of spending several mortgage payments getting a champ, duping them, ranking them up to r5 , and taking them to max sig when you can come in and render them utterly worthless with an arbitrary gate?

Why do I have to bring my sig 20 6* deadpool xforce to act 6.2 when I can use a r5 sig 200 omega red? It's not fun, or fresh, or interactive. It just pisses me and everyone else off. Don't design powerful champs if you can't make proper content. Better yet, don't create problems, sell us solutions, then make those solutions utterly worthless so you can sell more solutions later down the road.

I don't care for 6 stars. They were released for no reason and my 6* RNG has been atrocious. Don't tell me who I can and can't use for content, I was the one that spent 10s of thousands of dollars on this game, not you! If our purchases can't keep their value then there's no point in spending.

You analysis is spot on. Why would we spend when you can't use those champs to complete the hardest content?