**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★

Jestress said:

Required for those Alliances. Not a requirement for the game. Things happen. People can't always be avaiable. It's the Alliances that enforce such strict rules on participation. The game has also made it easier in other ways, such as Peak Milestones and not making it a requirement to finish the Map 100% for the Crystals. Sometimes people don't show up. It happens. That means it's up to the Alliance to decide how to deal with it. You try and work around it, some would boot them, their choice. Communication comes in as well. If someone won't be around, they should communicate that. The system is not at fault for Allies placing their own pressures on people.
    Disagree. Kabam implements 1 hour timers on AQ. The pressure doesn't stem from alliances, it stems from the system. People should be able to sleep 8 hours a day. The remaining 16 hours shouldn't have to be spent in game waiting for energy to move.
    No. What you run and how you run it is up to you. The system would not have 1-Hour Timers if it wasn't doable in that time. The system is not making people play those Maps, it's not putting requirements to move when and where on the Players, it's not making it mandatory and unforgivable to be occupied with something else, and it's not creating conflicting schedules. All that is added by people playing. All the system does is offer Maps 1-7 with increasing difficulty, to be completed by 10 people per Map, and Energy that refills every hour.

Like I said, we run 6x5. We could run map 7 but don't love the map cost. It's not that it isn't doable. It's that it's more enjoyable with shorter timers, and if someone has an emergency it's much less likely to hurt the whole AQ. The reasons for the 1 hour timer are not very compelling. It would be less annoying if I thought there was a good reason for it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    Preference really has little to do with it. Many things people would prefer, are not what is best. I've outlined a number of issues it causes in the past, which I'm not reiterating here, and they themselves have stated time and again that it doesn't work. They've even explained that they've tried it full time and it's caused more issues than good. I'm sure they know people would prefer it. The request hasn't stopped in years, so they would be blind not to know people want it. Want isn't always all there is to it.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Required for those Alliances. Not a requirement for the game. Things happen. People can't always be avaiable. It's the Alliances that enforce such strict rules on participation. The game has also made it easier in other ways, such as Peak Milestones and not making it a requirement to finish the Map 100% for the Crystals. Sometimes people don't show up. It happens. That means it's up to the Alliance to decide how to deal with it. You try and work around it, some would boot them, their choice. Communication comes in as well. If someone won't be around, they should communicate that. The system is not at fault for Allies placing their own pressures on people.

Disagree. Kabam implements 1 hour timers on AQ. The pressure doesn't stem from alliances, it stems from the system. People should be able to sleep 8 hours a day. The remaining 16 hours shouldn't have to be spent in game waiting for energy to move.

Does being in game make your energy fill faster?
    *sitting by your phone. You know what I was trying to say. If you run Map 6, you know you can't wait for your energy to fill up to 5 before you move. People need to be cleared. Not everyone is in the same time zone. People don't play at the same time.
    Can you play this on a land line? My phone goes where I go.

You can wait on energy, it’s a matter of strategy, planning and communication, part of what the higher level maps encourage.

Jestress said:

Jestress said:

*sitting by your phone. You know what I was trying to say. If you run Map 6, you know you can't wait for your energy to fill up to 5 before you move. People need to be cleared. Not everyone is in the same time zone. People don't play at the same time.

You can wait on energy, it’s a matter of strategy, planning and communication, part of what the higher level maps encourage.
    It doen't take that much strategy, planning, and communication. It takes people logging in a lot and not having any outside the game issues lol.

Preference really has little to do with it. Many things people would prefer, are not what is best. I've outlined a number of issues it causes in the past, which I'm not reiterating here, and they themselves have stated time and again that it doesn't work. They've even explained that they've tried it full time and it's caused more issues than good. I'm sure they know people would prefer it. The request hasn't stopped in years, so they would be blind not to know people want it. Want isn't always all there is to it.

Preference has everything to do with it when we are talking about a game lol. It's more fun with shorter timers. They have never tried it full time. That's just not true. The explanations are garbage. The issues it causes are largely imaginary. @GroundedWisdom when did they try 1/2 hour timers full time?
    I suspect in their design plans. The comment was made by Adora quite a while back, and I doubt she was lying. The reasons are there, people just refuse to accept them. Which is precisely why this debate never gets anywhere. "We want them. It's good for us so it's good for everyone. Your reasons are garbage.". There's no headway in the debate at all. It's the OG RDT debate. Lol.
    Testing in their design plans revealed issues with 1/2 hour timers being harmful? Lmao. And that's what you meant by "they tried it full time?" I'm afraid that doesn't work...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Jestress said:

Jestress said:

It doen't take that much strategy, planning, and communication. It takes people logging in a lot and not having any outside the game issues lol.
    Well, you have made it obvious why you think it takes loggin in a lot and not having anything outside the game going on. You think strategy planning and communication have no bearing.
    edited May 2019
    'T lockquote class="Quote" rel="LeNoirFaineant">

Preference has everything to do with it when we are talking about a game lol. It's more fun with shorter timers. They have never tried it full time. That's just not true. The explanations are garbage. The issues it causes are largely imaginary. @GroundedWisdom when did they try 1/2 hour timers full time?
    I suspect in their design plans. The comment was made by Adora quite a while back, and I doubt she was lying. The reasons are there, people just refuse to accept them. Which is precisely why this debate never gets anywhere. "We want them. It's good for us so it's good for everyone. Your reasons are garbage.". There's no headway in the debate at all. It's the OG RDT debate. Lol.
    Testing in their design plans revealed issues with 1/2 hour timers being harmful? Lmao. And that's what you meant by "they tried it full time?" I'm afraid that doesn't work...

That was the comment made. When and how they did, I don't know. All I know is it doesn't matter what reasons are given, by me or them, it won't be heard or acknowledged. People are just going to keep asking and ignoring any arguments to the contrary.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited May 2019
    Pretty sure most of their past comments about 1/2 hour timers versus 1 hour timers was under the impression they would rework the map to require 2x the energy. I always felt they were deaf to the point of no we want same number of nodes but energy to come faster so having energy rot isn’t as painful as it can be on higher tier maps.

To be honest for m7 they should just make energy not even matter - there are ten paths in 2/3 sections so still need coordination / effort by all. They made link nodes more painful to fight through. Just remove energy and leave it to bgs to coordinate. If some finish in 30-60 minutes more power to then.

This would also encourage more to do m7 just push less drain waiting for energy

And oh spoiler alert - most doing m7 have the roster to do AQ, AWD, AWO anyway
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Majority of that all new node will be easily beaten by my quake.. :#

Jestress said:

Jestress said:

Well, you have made it obvious why you think it takes loggin in a lot and not having anything outside the game going on. You think strategy planning and communication have no bearing.
    Whatever. Didn’t say it had no bearing, and no amount of strategizing and communication can stop issues from arising sometimes that wouldn’t be issues with 1/2 hour timers.
  • GaryG2525GaryG2525 Posts: 7
    Is there any plans on updating alliance potions and revives to scale with increased difficulty? You need stronger Champs with higher hp/attack yet the potions are the same limited and very expensive.

They give us 30 min timers for appreciation weeks and when they mess up but also think that it hurts the players. I wonder if that one comment from Adora like a year ago was incorrect? Kinda like how they said AA was working as intended but then nerfed him later.
    They give them when there's either an issuw with the timing of AQ, or once in a while as a part of Appreciation. Even that has effects, and doing it for a week is not the same as having them permanent.

Lol. So they give them for appreciation but they couldn’t work full time? You must be joking.
    No. I'm not. There is a difference between once in a while and full-time.
    Yes, there is. Even when they run them, it has effects. That's why they can't do it all the time. I'm really not getting into the debate again.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited May 2019

Even that has effects

Please elaborate haha. Most, if not all, mod posts in past were written about designing maps for 1 hour timers. Often what they hinted at is if they designed maps for 30 min timers there would effectively be 2x the nodes and that would cause issues with people not checking in enough.

We don’t want 2x the nodes, we want current number of nodes but 2x the energy. Explain to me how in this instance every alliance would not finish as fast if not notably faster than they do now? That’s right, you can’t. You are just quoting some old mod posts without understanding the context and all they were implying by a perm change (which would include more nodes since they reference map design).

Yes, I am sure there are random people out there who with 30 min energy would like to finish AQ even faster BUT even those people would see it as an improvement over today for the mere possibility of finishing faster exists.

The only people would not see the benefit is a new player who never experienced 1 hour timers. Those players would see it like AW though that there is a lot more opportunity to rot energy and still finish with plenty of time to spare.

Even that has effects

Please elaborate haha. Most, if not all, mod posts in past were written about designing maps for 1 hour timers. Often what they hinted at is if they designed maps for 30 min timers there would effectively be 2x the nodes and that would cause issues with people not checking in enough.

We don’t want 2x the nodes, we want current number of nodes but 2x the energy. Explain to me how in this instance every alliance would not finish as fast if not notably faster than they do now? That’s right, you can’t. You are just quoting some old mod posts without understanding the context and all they were implying by a perm change (which would include more nodes since they reference map design).

Yes, I am sure there are random people out there who with 30 min energy would like to finish AQ even faster BUT even those people would see it as an improvement over today for the mere possibility of finishing faster exists.

The only people would not see the benefit is a new player who never experienced 1 hour timers. Those players would see it like AW though that there is a lot more opportunity to rot energy and still finish with plenty of time to spare.
    No, I'm not elaborating. I've had this discussion I don't know how many times. I've listed the reasons, had people ignore them and refuse to acknowledge them, or just plain argue that they don't matter. I'm not beating my head against a wall with this topic anymore. It's been years, and people are not going to change their views or stop asking, so I'm not having it again.
    Alright then. Ask yourself one question. If I'm so wrong, then why haven't they made them permanent in all the years of asking? Being wrong is not the same as not accepting the answer.
    edited May 2019
    That's not at all logical. More cynical, really. When all else fails, blame money. Lol. It has to do with different Time Zones and schedules. Not making people log on more. If it was that, reduced Timers would make people log on more often. Every half an hour to be precise. Not to mention whether you log on every hour or half an hour, it's still the same amount of required moves. So you're logging on just as much technically. Honestly, this debate is never-ending. People will not stop because they want it.