**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Broken record but still need to ask about RDT

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Your post is against forum ToS-

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/119507/forum-faq#latest

They arent coming back. They have no plans to issue any and no champs need them. Make educated rank ups or just be happy with who you rank. Stop asking for RDTS

You can't say they aren't coming back - only that when that was posted Kabam didn't have any plans to bring them back. And January 29th was a long time ago...
    If people can keep asking for them, I can keep saying they're not coming back.
    Ok so we agree then - we can keep asking for them.
    No we don't. People should stop asking. There isn't a single good reason for them. No champ has been nerfed or fundamentally changed where you cant use them anymore like 12.0. They shouldn't have ever given them during xmas either.
    Ok so we agree again then - there wasn't a single good reason to give the Christmas RDTs out, and yet THEY GAVE THEM OUT ANYWAY. We can keep asking for them.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

They arent coming back. They have no plans to issue any and no champs need them. Make educated rank ups or just be happy with who you rank. Stop asking for RDTS

You can't say they aren't coming back - only that when that was posted Kabam didn't have any plans to bring them back. And January 29th was a long time ago...
    No we don't. People should stop asking. There isn't a single good reason for them. No champ has been nerfed or fundamentally changed where you cant use them anymore like 12.0. They shouldn't have ever given them during xmas either.
    Ok so we agree again then - there wasn't a single good reason to give the Christmas RDTs out, and yet THEY GAVE THEM OUT ANYWAY. We can keep asking for them.
    No. They have no use in the game. They are horrible for the game itself. These stupid threads start back up again 1 by 1 and clutter up the forums and they keep getting shut down. Focus on making good rank up choices or rank ups that male you happy and stop looking for a crutch.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

They gave them once, as a surprise, to prepare for the upcoming year, I believe. The following Christmas we got an AG. Was so glad they never fed into it again. LOL.
    I'll gladly keep arguing in this thread until it's shut down as well. There isnt a single person who can give a valid reason for Rank Downs.

I'll gladly keep arguing in this thread until it's shut down as well. There isnt a single person who can give a valid reason for Rank Downs.

You haven't given any valid reasons to not have them, just your own opinions.

I have a pretty good one:
    I have a keyboard and I play the game
    Therefore I’m entitled to everything I want and get to complain about it until I get it
    Lol
    He probably makes bad decisions and needs them. I'd let him have one of they didn't give back any resources.
    Snizzbar said:

Was there any champs nerfed since 12.0? Nope.

Only valid reason I need and needs to be.

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

They have no use in the game.
    I would use them to rank down some champs.

Snizzbar said:

No there weren't. But we got some at Christmas, which means Kabam had a valid reason to give them out that, surprisingly, was unrelated to champ nerfs.
    We can keep asking for them 😁👍
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    Rank down tickets would be much appreciated and I would like Kabam a lot more if they handed them, or added as rewards to some content
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    I don’t see the issue asking for rdt diring summoner appreciation month.

I’m a summoner and I’d appreciate a rdt.
    Some of the player base arnt so fortunate they can even get enough 5* shards in 3months to open a 5* let alone like some who are able to earn at least 1-2 alpha 2 cats in a 10 day period.

To me getting enough alpha can be a huge task so wanting and asking regarding rdt shouldn’t be a forum war between the playing community because some have recourse that even a rubbish 5* get treated with love.
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

They have no use in the game.
    I would use them to rank down some champs.
    No you wouldn't. You aren't any different than the rest of the greedy masses here. You wouldn't rank down a champ without getting resources back.

Rank down tickets would be much appreciated and I would like Kabam a lot more if they handed them, or added as rewards to some content

No you wouldn't. You would find something to complain about just like you do about everything else on here.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Actually, as someone who argued against RDTs prior to the Christmas ones, the Christmas ones actually had a justifiable reason for their existence. They were a gift. That sounds weird, but there's a difference between issuing them because one or more champs are seen as problematic by some small segment of the player population, and issuing them because you're just giving them away. When you issue them to address a champion issue, you reinforce the notion that player rank up decisions can be based on the idea that the game has permanence - that players have a right to expect the devs won't change the game in the future in ways they don't agree with. That's an unreasonable expectation, but RDTs in that situation imply that expectation is something players can reasonably have. In my opinion, RDTs are dangerous to issue in that situation because you're undermining a core foundation of operating the game to your own (the developers) detriment.

But when you just give them away, you aren't connecting them to any incorrect player perception of how the game works. In that situation, RDTs are not that much more different an award than giving out rank up gems based on the highest rank champion the player has. What we call an RDT is in a sense a rank up gem that requires us to rank down something first. A rank up gem is generally even better, because we get the rank up without the need for the rank down. So if it would be entirely fine for Kabam to give out rank up gems for Christmas, it has to be perfectly acceptable for them to give out rank down gems, because the rank up gems are in all respects better.

RDTs are a tool, and tools aren't good or bad. It is how we use them that make them good or bad.
    Connect said:

Some of the player base arnt so fortunate they can even get enough 5* shards in 3months to open a 5* let alone like some who are able to earn at least 1-2 alpha 2 cats in a 10 day period.

To me getting enough alpha can be a huge task so wanting and asking regarding rdt shouldn’t be a forum war between the playing community because some have recourse that even a rubbish 5* get treated with love.

Go earn your resources like every player has to. Work for it like its intendeded.
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

No there weren't. But we got some at Christmas, which means Kabam had a valid reason to give them out that, surprisingly, was unrelated to champ nerfs.
    Mistakes are made all the time as you always point out, that was one of the many bad decisions they made.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197

Connect said:

Go earn your resources like every player has to. Work for it like its intendeded.

Ok daddy I’m so sorry I knew I shouldn’t of dropped out of college
    @Demonzfyre sounds like you never make mistakes, be it rankup or others, its honor to finally meet such an exceptional human being

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Do you still need the definition of an, exception?
    At this stage they've been given out twice. Once for champ nerfs at 12.0, and once for no reason other than to 'prepare' us for the new year. They've followed their own 'rule' once, and broken it once. You might well assume that the 12.0 RDTs were the exception 🤔
    Connect said:

Connect said:

Ok daddy, I’m so sorry I knew I shouldn’t of dropped out of college.
    Fixed it for you.
    edited July 2019

@Demonzfyre sounds like you never make mistakes, be it rankup or others, its honor to finally meet such an exceptional human being

How do you accidentally rank up a champion?
    I get selling it even using an AG
    By making wrong choice that you later regret. I said mistake no accident

Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

Mistakes are made all the time as you always point out, that was one of the many bad decisions they made.
    I don't think it was a mistake or a bad decision. We can keep asking for them ☺️

I make plenty of mistakes. But I take a long hard look at who I rank up and choose what benefits me or my alliance. Ive only made a few rank ups just because I wanted and those were Taskmaster 5* to R4 and Goldpool to R3 with no intention of using him except questing for fun.
This discussion has been closed.