**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unpopular mcoc opinions

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Riggs_97 said:

Taskmaster is a heavily underrated champ. Awakened and used correctly, he wins most fights.

I would agree with this. Underrated for sure.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    She hulk is the best science champ
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

Iron man iw is an awesome offensive champ.

It amazes me that more people don't realize this. It's no different than Void, to me -- it's DOT, and if you play him right, the uptime is pretty much constant
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I disagree with Hyperion, cap marvel Corvus and other champs who are amazing if the fight is shorter are better, but the others I agree with

Each Fight certainly dictates which champ is better for said fight. I was just stating that Hyperion benefits from a rank 5 more than any other champ I have, including Corvus. I love Corvus too- I just saw a huuuuge difference in hyperions overall abilities at rank 5 - much bigger than the difference I saw in my 6 star rank 2 Corvus
    This is good to know. I had considered taking Hype up as my next R5, but he has some downsides (mostly paths that punish beneficial effects) so I hadn't pulled the trigger on him yet. I have also considered taking up Void. I'm really hoping to get Iceman because he would be my next R5 if I can get him as a 5*...I'm planning to 100% Variant 2 and see what class R4 -R5 gem I get then decide from there.
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    Spurgeo14 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I disagree with Hyperion, cap marvel Corvus and other champs who are amazing if the fight is shorter are better, but the others I agree with

Each Fight certainly dictates which champ is better for said fight. I was just stating that Hyperion benefits from a rank 5 more than any other champ I have, including Corvus. I love Corvus too- I just saw a huuuuge difference in hyperions overall abilities at rank 5 - much bigger than the difference I saw in my 6 star rank 2 Corvus
    This is good to know. I had considered taking Hype up as my next R5, but he has some downsides (mostly paths that punish beneficial effects) so I hadn't pulled the trigger on him yet. I have also considered taking up Void. I'm really hoping to get Iceman because he would be my next R5 if I can get him as a 5*...I'm planning to 100% Variant 2 and see what class R4 -R5 gem I get then decide from there.
    Sounds like you have some good options. I’ll provide some insight to consider: Void was my first rank 5. He certainly benefits from one of the largest health pools in the game, however, he can do the job at rank 4. Is he better at rank 5? Clearly, but still solid at rank 4

My rank 5’s : Blade, omega red, void, Ghulk, Hyperion and rank 2 Corvus (6star)

Personally, I’d take rank 5 Hyperion over any of them. You are right that there are a few nodes that work against him , but he is so good for most content. Dude really shines and benefits from that rank 5.

Good plan waiting to see what rank 5 gem you get. I got a science from variant 2 that I used on ghulk and I got a cosmic from variant 1 that I have not used yet. Considering rank 5 venom or waiting on captain marvel movie.

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    -Domino is the worst to backdraft intercept with
    - Iceman is overrated as hell(Don’t kill me)
    - Winter Soldier with the synergy is one of the best damage dealers
    - Corvus is overrated
    - Annihilus is underrated
    - X-23 is better than Wolverine(Again, don’t kill me)
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I am a fanboy of all power control. I do prefer Magik, but Doc is awesome.

In terms of unpopular opinions.....people are too obsessed with damage in this game. Heimdall is a good champ, not just a synergy champ. Best true strike champ in the game.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Raganator said:

I am a fanboy of all power control.

In terms of unpopular opinions.....people are too obsessed with damage in this game.

1. So am I. I am a very cautious player, defense-oriented. I like power control.
    2. Absolutely. I don't enjoy fighting characters with huge health pools noded beyond belief, so much you almost have to have a gimmick mechanism to burst them down. DPS isn't the most fun way to play, for me. I actually really like versatility and a decent balance between offense, defense and utility
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    I think groot is underrated I ranked 3 both groots for v2 and by far I actually like using regular groot more just because yes damage isnt good but the bleed on sp3 and the regen from sp2 where its by % u lose it can be quite good if u can sustain from getting hit when regen is active and the bleed is quite underrated on grootnot the weakest and meme tier champ but underrated if u played him at r3 u can see hes quite fun to play with the regen from sp2 and bleed on sp3 with his fury combined its devastating
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    og hulk is not good. I don't get the hype.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    -Domino is boring to play with
    -Quake is not boring to play with especially on a stun immune node
    -Stealth Spidey is underrated
    -Rouge is very underrated
    -Heimdall is pretty good offensively
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Loki is a better 6* pull than IMIW.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

I have one. Any Champ can be useful in the right hands.

Given that you said "useful" as opposed to "good", I cannot disagree with you.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★
    Hulkbuster defo not bad just needs armor breaks active also reduces damage when duped can be great in a few situations dpx fair enough is poor but damage if good sig can be killer and I actually like his sp3 bleed damage and sp2 even his basic attack bleeds from dup can help groot as I said previously u just need to know all these are just underrated as they dont get used if u actually used at higher rank u can see potential In these champs