**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Attack On the Nexus! Event and Special Objectives

Comments

• So am I right in presuming that all champions that do not have ether the hero or villain tag are going to be excluded from this event!?
  • Cendar333Cendar333 Posts: 303
    What's the energy cost for this event?
  • I know this has nothing to do with the mods, but has the development team gone on strike or something?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I calculated 30k t2a fragments and 7.2k t5b fragments for the month. Not terrible. Not the best we’ve seen either. Hoping there’s a lot of t2a up for grabs in the solo events.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★

So am I right in presuming that all champions that do not have ether the hero or villain tag are going to be excluded from this event!?

I want to know this also. And will the difficulty be scaled appropriately considering the restrictions?

• Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    edited September 2019
    What is with the rewards? Comparing both of these side quests from this month (September) and next (October) there is a huge gap with reward levels. This is similar to the Spider man side quest a few months ago... Crappy rewards a store system that seems ok at best. I get that there needs to be a balance on rewards but this event was made for 2017.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Did you guys forget about an extra line in the rewards section for epic? Seems like an alright event in 2018 and we are almost done with 2019
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

I like the fact that Rank-Up resources are being given more attention with respect to side events as I personally think that August and September month are more shard and champion acquisition based. One change I would like to see however, is the increase in the ISO offered on completing alternate reality quests if these quests need "energy" (I refer to the in-game ones) to complete the paths. Otherwise it looks fine.

What are the special objectives and their rewards though??

You're gonna have to wait to see them, but there are some great rewards in there as well. You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.
    I wouldn't call those "great" at this stage of the game.
    99.99% of the players of the game are not at your stage of the game. They are at a different stage of the game where those rewards are still very important.
    So Kabam shouldn't make content that end game players should want to play? I want to be excited when I see rewards and not feel like a time waster just because I have a 4 year account.
    They're in the process of discussing a new Difficulty, at the very least looking at it. According to recent comments last month. Although, it is fair to mention it's not possible to generalize Events and make everything appeal to everyone. It's a process of trying to be as inclusive as possible and add at least something everyone can use where they're at.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,629 ★★★★★
    I'll do it for the t5b shards but that's it. Have zero use for any t2a atm as I have some in overflow. I need more gold if anything
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

I like the fact that Rank-Up resources are being given more attention with respect to side events as I personally think that August and September month are more shard and champion acquisition based. One change I would like to see however, is the increase in the ISO offered on completing alternate reality quests if these quests need "energy" (I refer to the in-game ones) to complete the paths. Otherwise it looks fine.

You're gonna have to wait to see them, but there are some great rewards in there as well. You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.
    99.99% of the players of the game are not at your stage of the game. They are at a different stage of the game where those rewards are still very important.
    99.9% dont play epic even though we dont have the data so not sure what you are pointing out...also this event isnt great for newer players either(talked to a few and they dont like it that much either)
  • DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

So Kabam shouldn't make content that end game players should want to play?
    No, that does not logically follow.
  • I think that we can all agree that unless this comes with a minimal time and energy requirement this is barely worth the effort, no matter what stage of the game you’re in.

Newbies will be better off doing story/exploring/MEQ and the end game players may as well just farm WS for potions for when 6.3 comes out if this is anything more than a 2 minute job.

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

So Kabam shouldn't make content that end game players should want to play? I want to be excited when I see rewards and not feel like a time waster just because I have a 4 year account.
    They're in the process of discussing a new Difficulty, at the very least looking at it. According to recent comments last month. Although, it is fair to mention it's not possible to generalize Events and make everything appeal to everyone. It's a process of trying to be as inclusive as possible and add at least something everyone can use where they're at.
    A new difficulty has nothing to do with these lack luster rewards. The rewards are what they make it, period. If the "end game" crowd isn't excited for it then you're not appealing to everyone. The guy that posted above me said it doesn't even excite him as a progressing player.

It's not all bad, my only motivation really would be the sig stones because my void needs about 30 levels.
    I'm not aware of any demographic that's above T2A and T5B.
  • DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

Weak sauce
    I agree, but I was being polite.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

A new difficulty has nothing to do with these lack luster rewards. The rewards are what they make it, period. If the "end game" crowd isn't excited for it then you're not appealing to everyone. The guy that posted above me said it doesn't even excite him as a progressing player.

It's not all bad, my only motivation really would be the sig stones because my void needs about 30 levels.
    It's the quantity and time cost. When you're a map 7 player or you have 10 r5 5 stars minimum, you don't clamor at everything that has t5 basics or t2 alpha shards. Some individuals aren't struggling in that department since you need an entire break down.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

It is time plus the quantity given. When you're a map 7 player or you have 10 r5 5 stars minimum you don't clamor at every bit of shards the game offers for t5 basic and t2 alpha since you needed that broken down.

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

It is time plus the quantity given. When you're a map 7 player or you have 10 r5 5 stars minimum you don't clamor at every bit of shards the game offers for t5 basic and t2 alpha since you needed that broken down.
    They add up over time. 2 Paths per run. Are you itching for them after a certain point? Perhaps not. They're the extent of what is offered for Ranking materials. Save for T5CCs which are being distributed in a more controlled way to ease R3 6*s into the game.
  • DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

Weak sauce
    I agree, but I was being polite.
    Pretending to not understand a response is not polite just to be clear.
    This is also something I chose not to point out, but since you seem to be expressing a desire for completeness, I also originally didn't want to point out the obvious straw man that is evident when you attempt to imply that suggesting that a large percentage of the playerbase might find the rewards desirable automatically makes the case that I feel Kabam shouldn't make content for the small percentage that doesn't.

That's like saying if I correct someone who says 2+2=5, I'm expressing hatred for odd numbers.