**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Attack On the Nexus! Event and Special Objectives

Comments

• TsoderbeTsoderbe Posts: 32
    I'm wondering why you would put a requirement on class, but not let all characters of that class make the run. Void can't be used? Venom can't be used, but you require Science and Cosmic. What kind of **** is this?
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Tsoderbe said:

I'm wondering why you would put a requirement on class, but not let all characters of that class make the run. Void can't be used? Venom can't be used, but you require Science and Cosmic. What kind of **** is this?

Need “hero” tag. They’ll get their turn in 2 days
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    This event is terrible by the way. These side events and monthly EQ starting to feel very lacking and unchallenging, these rewards are woeful also. So many new champs being introduced yet nothing to use them in, concerned about the general direction this games going in in regards to reward structure and difficulty.
  • Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    tafre said:

Correct me if I am wrong please, I want know if my explanation regarding the event rewards and energy costs is right:

As an endgame player, I am only interested in the Master difficulty of the Alternate Reality to get the t1a's and the epic difficulty of the Nexus quest to get the 5 star sig stones, which I can run at most 5 times on each week on the days it is open given that I complete the Epic difficulty of the Alternate reality quest each day. I get 5 Tier 4 anomalies for each of one days the Alternate Reality quest is open so I should be able to get 10 5 star sig stones each week by using the 5 anomalies I get from completing the epic difficulty of the Alternate reality every day.

I also want to explore the master difficulty each day and I have no interest in any of the other quests. Then this adds up to 54 energy per day, 36 for completing epic and 18 for exploring master, on the 5 days the Alternate reality quest is on and assuming the quest length is the same a total of 90 energy, 18 for each 5 runs, for the 2 days of the Nexus event. So this gives roughly 51-52 energy per day each week, where the total energy requirement is 360 energy for the 7 day period.

If my calculations and understanding of the event is correct the energy requirements for "meh" rewards seem to be very high. I do not have the Sigil, so I can get at most 240 energy per day given that I never miss a single second on the energy timer. So 240*7 gives 1680 energy each week and 360/1680*100%=21% of the maximum energy I can get. Given that I only run a very low percentage of this event quest, even that costs me 21% of my maximum energy, which I obviously cannot get since I am human and I sleep and lose some energy. There is also the monthly event quest and I like to run Heroic, Master and Uncollected each month so the energy costs are absolutely ridiculous if I understood the mechanics of this event quest correctly. I should not be required to buy energy refills or the Sigil to run the quests but this makes me feel like the developers think we should do that.

This!
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    I would love some insight from a moderator on why the game team chose 2 energy per tile, two paths per difficulty and 18 total each path for a daily side quest. Given that the biggest criticism for last month was the energy costs, and that we haven’t had an energy bundle in months on sale, why was this made to be so high? Not to mention how much it’s gonna cost to run the 48 hour one over and over to use these tickets.

I’m just kind of baffled at why this is the way it is and would love some clarity.
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★

I would love some insight from a moderator on why the game team chose 2 energy per tile, two paths per difficulty and 18 total each path for a daily side quest. Given that the biggest criticism for last month was the energy costs, and that we haven’t had an energy bundle in months on sale, why was this made to be so high? Not to mention how much it’s gonna cost to run the 48 hour one over and over to use these tickets.

I’m just kind of baffled at why this is the way it is and would love some clarity.

I agree to this. Atleast make it 1 energy per tile instead of 2.
  • BillLisBackBillLisBack Posts: 25
    I actually think it’s good that you guys are focusing on rank up rewards this month. But as many have said crystal shards are motivating.

Maybe for next time sprinkle some in along the way. For example, I couldn’t care less about collecting items for profile pics. Lame and it doesn’t help progression or excite me at all. Swapping those out for some shards would have been good.

That said, adding the units to the daily special quests was a nice touch.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★

I really don't understand what people are hung up about. last month was extremely gracious with rewards, and this month has slowed down a lot, which personally helps me head back to variant and main story content. plus, seeing how "few" rewards there are, (40 units a day? YES!!!!) they will probably add some super hard content like celebretity stuff

i will explore epic and do 1 each of the rest i think. 40 units, t1a, t2cc and some t4b frags is not bad for 90 energy.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Join mercs for money on earth or whatever.. what’s all about in this objective?
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Starhawk said:

i just saw the PI on the champs in Epic. considering the champ requirements every day I doubt i will attempt to do epic more than maybe once. I just dont have the time to spend 15-30 minutes doing a single difficulty every day. I only have 4 5/65 champs in my entire roster....these requirements cut some or all of these depending on the requirements. ridiculous....and that's not even taking into account the energy requirements.

Only 4 5/66 champs on your roster? That’s more than like 99% of players. I did EPIC with all 4/55 and 3/45 champs. It’s doable. The nodes aren’t bad. Now whether it was actually worth the effort is another story altogether.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 643 ★★★
    I can't remember the last time I didn't do the entire side quest in a month. This month, though, doesn't seem worth anything beyond completion for the units.
  • grud9egrud9e Posts: 85
    tafre said:

Correct me if I am wrong please, I want know if my explanation regarding the event rewards and energy costs is right:

As an endgame player, I am only interested in the Master difficulty of the Alternate Reality to get the t1a's and the epic difficulty of the Nexus quest to get the 5 star sig stones, which I can run at most 5 times on each week on the days it is open given that I complete the Epic difficulty of the Alternate reality quest each day. I get 5 Tier 4 anomalies for each of one days the Alternate Reality quest is open so I should be able to get 10 5 star sig stones each week by using the 5 anomalies I get from completing the epic difficulty of the Alternate reality every day.

I also want to explore the master difficulty each day and I have no interest in any of the other quests. Then this adds up to 54 energy per day, 36 for completing epic and 18 for exploring master, on the 5 days the Alternate reality quest is on and assuming the quest length is the same a total of 90 energy, 18 for each 5 runs, for the 2 days of the Nexus event. So this gives roughly 51-52 energy per day each week, where the total energy requirement is 360 energy for the 7 day period.

If my calculations and understanding of the event is correct the energy requirements for "meh" rewards seem to be very high. I do not have the Sigil, so I can get at most 240 energy per day given that I never miss a single second on the energy timer. So 240*7 gives 1680 energy each week and 360/1680*100%=21% of the maximum energy I can get. Given that I only run a very low percentage of this event quest, even that costs me 21% of my maximum energy, which I obviously cannot get since I am human and I sleep and lose some energy. There is also the monthly event quest and I like to run Heroic, Master and Uncollected each month so the energy costs are absolutely ridiculous if I understood the mechanics of this event quest correctly. I should not be required to buy energy refills or the Sigil to run the quests but this makes me feel like the developers think we should do that.

Thank you

I don't think constructive feedback gets better than this.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 ★★★
    tafre said:

The explanation of the event is very unclear, so you may be correct, but also may be way off. I've asked earlier in this thread and made a standalone thread, still with no answer. I've also read the initial post several times and the only thing I am sure of is:

You can get 1 ticket each day for 5 days. On days 6 and 7 you can use those tickets.

However, the rest has 3 different interpretations:

1) You only need 1 ticket to open up the Days 6/7 quest and then can get the rewards shown once. (I suppose they are available every day but you only need 1 day of exploration per week, so less energy is required)

2) You need at least 2 tickets to run the 2 different paths of the Days 6/7 quest to fully explore and get the rewards once. (I suppose they are allowing you to get up to 5 in case you want to exit/quit and restart a path a few times).

3) You can use all 5 tickets on Days 6/7 and get the rewards shown 5 different times (this is your assumption above).

If a mod can chime in here that'd be great. We shouldn't have to guess on this.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

tafre said:

The explanation of the event is very unclear, so you may be correct, but also may be way off. I've asked earlier in this thread and made a standalone thread, still with no answer. I've also read the initial post several times and the only thing I am sure of is:

You can get 1 ticket each day for 5 days. On days 6 and 7 you can use those tickets.

However, the rest has 3 different interpretations:

1) You only need 1 ticket to open up the Days 6/7 quest and then can get the rewards shown once. (I suppose they are available every day but you only need 1 day of exploration per week, so less energy is required)

2) You need at least 2 tickets to run the 2 different paths of the Days 6/7 quest to fully explore and get the rewards once. (I suppose they are allowing you to get up to 5 in case you want to exit/quit and restart a path a few times).

3) You can use all 5 tickets on Days 6/7 and get the rewards shown 5 different times (this is your assumption above).

If a mod can chime in here that'd be great. We shouldn't have to guess on this.
    Excellent question, from what I read I assumed you can go as many times as you want and collect rewards every time you enter. If this is not the case clarification is crucial to how I will proceed this quest moving forward.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    tafre said:

There is also the monthly event quest and I like to run Heroic, Master and Uncollected each month so the energy costs are absolutely ridiculous if I understood the mechanics of this event quest correctly. I should not be required to buy energy refills or the Sigil to run the quests but this makes me feel like the developers think we should do that.

This seems to have gone into a forum black hole the first time so I'm editing and reposting so the calculations get out there: apologies if this ends up being a duplicate.

Your calculations look correct to me, but one thing that might change things at least a little is that this month's energy costs look lower than I recall them being on average. If I've counted steps correctly, I get 137 steps for chapter one, 200 for chapter two, and 259 for chapter three (that's total across both maps per chapter). That means full exploration of UC would be 1451 energy and for master/heroic/normal (assuming they are all the same, which they usually are) 1314 energy. That seems to be about two hundred energy lower than I would expect.

Let's say someone wanted to fully explore everything except beginner. That would be 1451 + 1314x3 = 5393 energy. If we assume 240 energy per day that's 7200 energy per month, which leaves 1807 energy for the special event. If the event is four weeks long that means you have an energy budget of about 450 per week. At 18 energy per path run, that's 25 paths per week. That's enough runs to do epic twice a day for the ticket and then five times on the weekend, plus five single completions of master for the master completion rewards, with five runs to spare.

So it is theoretically possible for you to do the paths you said you wanted to do, with some energy slack. Of course, there are some gotchas. Assuming you sleep eight hours a day you have to lose ten energy per day because you're energy capped. But on the other hand, if you're in a reasonably active alliance you should be getting energy refills from alliance events. To do full exploration of normal through uncollected, plus two runs of epic, plus one run of master, plus all five runs of tickets, would require a total energy of 6833. Averaged over thirty days, you'd have to spend about 228 energy per day to complete all of that activity. That's tight, but just barely possible for someone that gets no energy from refills or alliance help and sleeps eight hours a day and loses ten energy capped out.

I kinda think the energy costs for the alternate reality stuff is a bit higher than they should be also, but they don't seem to be prohibitively high for someone that wants to do a lot of monthly quest exploration on top of targeted special event stuff. A completist would need to get energy from somewhere, but I would expect a completist to need more than just automatic energy recharge to do everything. You could probably still do everything if you got energy from completely free sources, like alliance events and alliance help, and maybe some arena grinding.

This assumes, as you mention, that the nexus energy costs are the same as the alternate reality energy costs.
    tafre said:

Your calculations look correct to me, but one thing that might change things at least a little is that this month's energy costs look lower than I recall them being on average. If I've counted steps correctly, I get 137 steps for chapter one, 200 for chapter two, and 259 for chapter three (that's total across both maps per chapter). That means full exploration of UC would be 1451 energy and for master/heroic/normal (assuming they are all the same, which they usually are) 1314 energy. That seems to be about two hundred energy lower than I would expect.

Let's say someone wanted to fully explore everything except beginner. That would be 1451 + 1314x3 = 5393 energy. If we assume 240 energy per day that's 7200 energy per month, which leaves 1807 energy for the special event. If the event is four weeks long that means you have an energy budget of about 450 per week. At 18 energy per path run, that's 25 paths per week. That's enough runs to do epic twice a day for the ticket and then five times on the weekend, plus five single completions of master for the master completion rewards, with five runs to spare.

So it is theoretically possible for you to do the paths you said you wanted to do, with some energy slack. Of course, there are some gotchas. Assuming you sleep eight hours a day you have to lose ten energy per day because you're energy capped. But on the other hand, if you're in a reasonably active alliance you should be getting energy refills from alliance events. To do full exploration of normal through uncollected, plus two runs of epic, plus one run of master, plus all five runs of tickets, would require a total energy of 6833. Averaged over thirty days, you'd have to spend about 228 energy per day to complete all of that activity. That's tight, but just barely possible for someone that gets no energy from refills or alliance help and sleeps eight hours a day and loses ten energy capped out.

I kinda think the energy costs for the alternate reality stuff is a bit higher than they should be also, but they don't seem to be prohibitively high for someone that wants to do a lot of monthly quest exploration on top of targeted special event stuff. A completist would need to get energy from somewhere, but I would expect a completist to need more than just automatic energy recharge to do everything. You could probably still do everything if you got energy from completely free sources, like alliance events and alliance help, and maybe some arena grinding.

This assumes, as you mention, that the nexus energy costs are the same as the alternate reality energy costs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    My favorite side quests were the labs prior to the most recent one. I quit playing that. They were short, hard, and gave good rewards. The most recent lab was twice as long for worse rewards. It became a chore and I quit doing it. That seems to be the trend. This quest isn't difficult or interesting, it just feels like a chore. The objectives are nice. I'll wait for the weekend version and then decide whether it's worth it after that.
  • m3chan1cm3chan1c Posts: 25
    All your calculations are good but if you don't want to buy energy refill to do quest it's your problem.
    I agree this quest is one of the worse they made They put another requirements to enter (seems like new trend), it's long and rewards not good at all.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    This month is very boring. I assume nothing else is coming(since Kabam has been teasing things months in advance at this point). Hopefully that’s not the case and we see something else, but this is going to be a boring month.
  • LCv2LCv2 Posts: 18
    edited October 2019
    This event is horrible. What’s with the champion restrictions? Today’s with Champion as boss and having restrictions on who I can use?? Pfft whatever. The rewards are pathetic and don’t warrant using resources.

What a waste of time.

Why is there never an event that allows us to use champions we don’t have (you know as a teaser to try them out before we buy them), instead of preventing us from using champions that we do have? Kabam’s concept of marketing sucks.
  • ecwpool207ecwpool207 Posts: 2
    Hey guys I can not figure out what characters to use in the protect the earth challenge can you tell me them the that would be appreciated if you could tell me thx
    One addendum to energy costs. Since first time completion of all difficulty tiers awards 10 units, hypothetically speaking a player could do single completion of all four difficulties, plus fully explore Epic, plus do five runs on the weekends, for a total of 30 paths. If the weekend runs cost the same amount of energy that is 30 x 18 = 540 energy. You get 200 units in that week for four completions times five days, which is equivalent to about 467 energy (200 / 30 * 70). So strictly in terms of energy costs, the special event almost pays for itself with this strategy.

• HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    This is one I’ll stop trying to do.( master and epic are all I hoped to do)

Energy costs aren’t the deterrent but the gate restrictions are.

The tag system needs to be smoothed out before this kind of content should be released.

5* sig stones are nice but the rest isn’t worth the chore!

Come on November!