**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Attack On the Nexus! Event and Special Objectives

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    It’s been asked a couple of times, but I don’t see it being adressed, so once more: what’s the energy cost going to be?
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,765 ★★★★★
    Nabz034 said:

“You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.

@Kabam Miike

Yeah cause T4C and T4Bs is exactly what the veteran players are wanting and needing...🤦🏻‍♂️

Best is you guys took out the 5* and 6* shards

Was this event geared More towards newer summoners with a total hero rating of less than 500k? Seems like it.

It’s been a while since you guys dropped an event made specific for the Veteran players.

LOL!!!!

....says a guy, a month after a new Variant event is released.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

I like the fact that Rank-Up resources are being given more attention with respect to side events as I personally think that August and September month are more shard and champion acquisition based. One change I would like to see however, is the increase in the ISO offered on completing alternate reality quests if these quests need "energy" (I refer to the in-game ones) to complete the paths. Otherwise it looks fine.

What are the special objectives and their rewards though??

You're gonna have to wait to see them, but there are some great rewards in there as well. You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.
    I wouldn't call those "great" at this stage of the game.
    99.99% of the players of the game are not at your stage of the game. They are at a different stage of the game where those rewards are still very important.
    That's what the easier difficulties are for. The highest difficulty shouldn't be giving out rewards for mid-tier players.
    Know anything higher than T2A and T5B?
    Yes T5 class catalysts frags. You're flat out incorrect.
    They're not going to distribute those that easily. As I already said, they're supposed to be rare. As rare as possible. R3 6*s isn't something that you just throw into the game.
    They have to add them into non-static content sometime, as they are probably somewhat needed for future content. Let's assume that they would give out 5 of the 2% T5CC Fragmet Crystals each month: Not only would that mean that you have to wait 10 months to technically get a 6* to R3, you also have to be super lucky to get 50 times the same T5CC fragments out of these crystals, we're talking about a 1.2x10^-37% chance. That's nowhere near what you are suspecting.
    We're just not at the point where they're ready to add them to static content. Perhaps sometime soon, perhaps with a new Difficulty. Not at the moment.
    edited September 2019

Nabz034 said:

@Kabam Miike

Yeah cause T4C and T4Bs is exactly what the veteran players are wanting and needing...🤦🏻‍♂️

Was this event geared More towards newer summoners with a total hero rating of less than 500k? Seems like it.

It’s been a while since you guys dropped an event made specific for the Veteran players.

You earn those in the Daily Quests. The Nexus is open 2 days a week, and you can run it as many times as you have Anomalies for, for T5B and T2A.
    I hate when Quotes get messed up. Lol.
    YOU may be ready, and others may be ready, but the game doesn't necessarily follow suit. Adding them is going to shift Arenas, War, AQ, future content, pretty much every interconnected system.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★
    What doesn't make sense to me is that rank up resources have been made readily available especially through the continuous updates of Alliance Quests. Why are there side events being dedicated for rank up resources when AQ is there?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★

I don't get anyone anything. People are responsible for their own comments. In any case, if someone wants to say there's no base to what I'm saying because I'm not "Gud", they should probably examine what I'm actually saying and think about the truth to it. If you can't see how adding R3 6*s to the game will be a major shift, I don't have much to say.

R3 6* are going to be here in 6 month's time.
    Siliyo said:

I don't get anyone anything. People are responsible for their own comments. In any case, if someone wants to say there's no base to what I'm saying because I'm not "Gud", they should probably examine what I'm actually saying and think about the truth to it. If you can't see how adding R3 6*s to the game will be a major shift, I don't have much to say.

R3 6* are going to be here in 6 month's time.
    Perhaps. Through Act 6 and LoL2, or some other type of content. You won't see them monthly at first. I'd venture a guess that they may be added to Cavalier Difficulty in small quantities. Hard to say when that will come to pass.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    Kabaam has dropped the ball, once again on this event. The only way they can salvage such a terrible event is to buff the rewards to Uncollected this month, give us a Cavalier difficulty, or introduce a celebrity challenge this month. By the way, what happened to those? I always looked forward to them, especially those 20 5* generic signature stones.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

It seems at this point the community is in agreement that this event is lackluster in its reward systems. I believe if they are not including shards and focusing on rank up resources then they need to increase how much of those items they are giving as rewards. I'm a midlevel free to play player and can earn a lot of those easily other ways which are part of my normal play time. Please Kabam consider revising the rewards. Take care of your customers, those who play this game, us the community.

The only good rewards in this overall I’d say are the t1a and the units, but that just isn’t enough for a side event, epic rewards are just trash, and this is a 5 week month I believe aswell
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

dot_ditto said:

Haji_Saab said:

Nabz034 said:

@Kabam Miike

LOL!!!!

....says a guy, a month after a new Variant event is released.
    Variant 2 & 3 are mid-tier content ...
    Uh, as a mid-tier player, I'd have to disagree, I've tried a few times to get somewhere with all 3 variants, and get absolutely curb-stomped.

(no 6* yet, but 25+ 5*, two are R4, many many maxed 4* ... and yeah .. uh .. no, Variants are end game content, all the way)
    Ok, well at least they are not end game content ... People with a few good 5* did Variant 2 and 3 within a week of their release ... full 100% explore ... this was not the case with Variant 1 which was the true end game content.
    All 3 Variants are end game content. The only reason why Variant 1 was especially hard was the limited amount of options you can bring per class. If you go back and play it now it is no where near as hard when it first came out.
    Which just means... "end game content" isn't truly "end game" yet. lol
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Why is everyone complaining about terrible rewards for 'endgame' players. Yea sure they aren't the best. But its not always about endgame players. Mid tier and beginner players matter too. For master you can get 1 t1 alpha for 5 of the 7 days a week, might not benefit the older players as much as the newer players. From a producers standpoint, you want people to keep using your product, which means Kabam needs to make the rewards targeted to players with a small and players with an expanding roster.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Raganator said:

I like the fact that Rank-Up resources are being given more attention with respect to side events as I personally think that August and September month are more shard and champion acquisition based. One change I would like to see however, is the increase in the ISO offered on completing alternate reality quests if these quests need "energy" (I refer to the in-game ones) to complete the paths. Otherwise it looks fine.

What are the special objectives and their rewards though??

You're gonna have to wait to see them, but there are some great rewards in there as well. You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.
    I wouldn't call those "great" at this stage of the game.
    99.99% of the players of the game are not at your stage of the game. They are at a different stage of the game where those rewards are still very important.
    That's what the easier difficulties are for. The highest difficulty shouldn't be giving out rewards for mid-tier players.
    I'm not sure what you consider a mid-tier player. But how high a player can reach depends on both their roster and their skill level. The more skill they have, the higher difficulty they can complete with a lower level roster. A high tier skill player with a mid tier roster would get more benefit out of a set of rewards than a lower tier skill player with a higher tier roster. Those rewards probably will be less interesting for a player with lower skill and higher roster than they would be for a player with higher skill and lower roster. Which is what we should be rewarding.

The problem is at the very very top, there isn't much content that pushes the high skill and high roster players. And part of the problem is most games can't both challenge those players and hand out the rewards such super high challenge content would ordinarily deserve, because it would allow the top tier players to advance too quickly. We have things like 6* champs that can absorb some high end effort and resources, but we don't have the kinds of systems that MMOs use to directly reward end game players with the kinds of things that would interest them and allow them to compete with each other without also obliterating everyone below them. I'm not sure what the best solution to that problem is at the moment.
    All of this may be true.

But there’s an inevitable hangover from the sugar high of the 90-day calendar plus back to back months of sub-par, time intensive events (not to mention a boss rush that, while relatively easy, gave rewards aimed at progressing players). Maybe the feeling was just resignation since following up on T2a and AGs in log-in rewards would disappoint no matter what.

Game fatigue seems pretty high (both on the player and team sides), especially with the end of AW seasons around the corner. Might be time to study up on those Sanctum polls, see what the players are looking for in game and try something new.

Dr. Zola
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Why is everyone complaining about terrible rewards for 'endgame' players. Yea sure they aren't the best. But its not always about endgame players. Mid tier and beginner players matter too. For master you can get 1 t1 alpha for 5 of the 7 days a week, might not benefit the older players as much as the newer players. From a producers standpoint, you want people to keep using your product, which means Kabam needs to make the rewards targeted to players with a small and players with an expanding roster.

What's the point of having 4-5 difficulties if you're not going to cater to everyone?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

What's the point of having 4-5 difficulties if you're not going to cater to everyone?
    The point is to target as many difficulty points as possible, but there's no way to target everyone with only four or five. That's simply impossible. Just looking at the typical monthly and special event quest difficulties, it is obvious that even with Normal, Heroic, Master, and Uncollected/Epic we're skipping over a lot of players: most players are falling in between the huge gaps in those and have to work upward towards difficulty tiers far above them. There's nowhere you could put a tier higher than UC or Epic that wouldn't also miss most of the players above UC/Epic, assuming you wanted to add an additional difficulty tier.

Also, the playerbase gets thinner as you go higher. The simple numbers are that there are tons of players for whom Normal is the closest reasonable difficulty. Ditto for Heroic, Master, and UC. But a hypothetical Cav difficulty far above UC (following the difficulty curve in general) would have only a very tiny percentage of players for whom that would be appropriate. Shuffling the tiers around to target them would be adding a tier for hundreds, maybe thousands of players while making life more difficult for tens if not hundreds of thousands of others. That's a net loss to the playerbase as a whole.