**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Attack On the Nexus! Event and Special Objectives

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Sorry, the rewards of this event are so lame it barely worth spending the amount of energy. You can't rank-up if you're broke and this event lacks gold.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    Despite the misgivings on energy costs,

Running one run through Normal to Master costs 18 x 3 = 54 energy. For auto playing them, you get 30 units which is 70 energy. Hence, we are net 16 energy.

Following which, exploration of Epic costs 18 x 2 = 36 energy. Subtract the 16 we gain from above, we will be spending 20 energy for the following:
    - 1 x T2CC
    - 1 x T1A
    - 4.5k T4B Fragments
    - 10 units.

Pretty decent if you look at it that way. Only down side is that it’s tedious.

After a week, we get 5 x Epic Anomaly tickets, which will net us:
    - 10 5* Sig Stones
    - 7.5k T2A Fragments
    - 1.8k T5B Fragments

All these are rewards for ONE week.. and the event goes on for 5.

Which brings the total rewards from side quests to:
    - 25 x T2CC
    - 25 x T1A
    - 112.5k T4B Fragments (3.125 T4B)
    - 250 Units
    - 50 5* Sig Stones
    - 37.5k T2A Fragments
    - 9k T5B

Low? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    But why did there need to be champion gates? That’s my question considering this is a daily quest. I’m almost a million rated and the last two days my best choices have been only rank 3. I can only imagine the trouble others are having with lower ratings. My epic boss was a stun immune six star thing.

Not worth it even for sig stones.

But why did there need to be champion gates? That’s my question considering this is a daily quest. I’m almost a million rated and the last two days my best choices have been only rank 3. I can only imagine the trouble others are having with lower ratings. My epic boss was a stun immune six star thing.

So those that cruise through EQ with only 1-2 champs don’t get to do so for the side quests as well?

Roster depth dude.

If you’re 1m rated and only have R3 of a certain class + tag, then it’s not too deep of a roster ya? (Not to mention a stun immune Thing without a 3m timer is easy.)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

My main issue with the side quest is actually the time commitment, or rather, how tedious it is to be daily.

I feel that making it once every 2 days, bumping the energy per tile twice, doubling the rewards, will make it less of a grind for the side quest.

That seems to be the trend. I hate a low tolerance for boring easy content these days. A perfect side quest for me is hard and short.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Markjv81 said:

I like the fact that Rank-Up resources are being given more attention with respect to side events as I personally think that August and September month are more shard and champion acquisition based. One change I would like to see however, is the increase in the ISO offered on completing alternate reality quests if these quests need "energy" (I refer to the in-game ones) to complete the paths. Otherwise it looks fine.

What are the special objectives and their rewards though??

You're gonna have to wait to see them, but there are some great rewards in there as well. You can earn a T2A, a few T4B, and a bunch of T4CC Fragments.
    T4cc frag crystals, awesome! The 2000 I’ve already got isn’t enough.

These are not great rewards.
    Yha that's it mate, I have too like that, i don't open them just not to spoil them in garbage champions... (There was not gold enough for that too lol)
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Only the objectives seem quite good, easy T4Bs for me, event doesn't seem worth it at all.
    xNig said:

So those that cruise through EQ with only 1-2 champs don’t get to do so for the side quests as well?

Roster depth dude.

If you’re 1m rated and only have R3 of a certain class + tag, then it’s not too deep of a roster ya? (Not to mention a stun immune Thing without a 3m timer is easy.)
    I have 5 rank 5 five star champs and at least 10 or so rank 4 five stars, so my roster is just fine thanks, no need to be rude. You really think the average player who would be doing these has more than that? LOL pretty out of touch comment dude. Three classes of only villains is very restricted. I get not wanting people to walk through something but there needs to be a balance. And it’s not like kabam has done something similar and realized it was too restrictive in the past. I guess you forgot they came out and admitted their gates for act 6 were unnecessary. So those were hampering people but it’s ok for a side quest with lots of energy you have to do daily for low rewards? That’s your logic? Ok. Sure
    And for the record I got through the stun immune thing because I had higher than rank 3 bleeders, my original comment was about the champion.
    5 R5s and only 10 or so R4s? LoL

Roster depth, “fast tracked” dude...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,191 ★★★★
    Wow. I been running this until now. Do not see why though. The rewards are lame.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,191 ★★★★
    The specual objectives are fun and prizes good but every time we get one of these "need a pass to enter" events the rewards seem to get lamer and lamer.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    The one thing that I was disappointed about was the fact that we are having to fight over 20k 6* at level 200 with a weak team that does not have the ability to counter due to the champion restrictions. Like Havoc for example. The best counter is Cyclops but we can not bring him due to the class and Hero/Villain restrictions. You are going to take some KOs against him since his abilities can kill you even if you don't get hit and play a perfect fight. It does not help that you have to use an R3 5* or R5 4* in these fights as well. Makes it very difficult unless you have a bunch of R5 or R4 5*. I personally feel like the difficulty was ramped up way too much in correlation to the champ requirements.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Where are these Nexus of All Realities? Or when they Suppose to start
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Dęłtå said:

Where are these Nexus of All Realities? Or when they Suppose to start

They are under the event quest tab, scroll to the right. Unfortunately they are about to start a Two day cycle where you need tickets from The first 5 days of the week so you will have to wait for two days before you can participate.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    is there anyway to fast forward the movement animation in that final quest? O.o

just playing it now ... ok sure, it was kinda .. "interesting" the first time ... but repeating it 5 times is getting old really quick .. LOL
    dot_ditto said:

just playing it now ... ok sure, it was kinda .. "interesting" the first time ... but repeating it 5 times is getting old really quick .. LOL

im just happy it's zero energy. still doesn't make up for the rest of the days 2 per tile but ill take it
    edited October 2019

dot_ditto said:

im just happy it's zero energy. still doesn't make up for the rest of the days 2 per tile but ill take it
    True . ;) hehe
    still wish there was a "fast forward" option ... LOL

[edit] Oh found one!!
    Click to move, then immediately hit "back" ... then reenter quest .. :)
    HAH!
    [/edit]
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    M_virk said:

xNig said:

Despite the misgivings on energy costs,

Running one run through Normal to Master costs 18 x 3 = 54 energy. For auto playing them, you get 30 units which is 70 energy. Hence, we are net 16 energy.

Following which, exploration of Epic costs 18 x 2 = 36 energy. Subtract the 16 we gain from above, we will be spending 20 energy for the following:
    - 1 x T2CC
    - 1 x T1A
    - 4.5k T4B Fragments
    - 10 units.

Pretty decent if you look at it that way. Only down side is that it’s tedious.

After a week, we get 5 x Epic Anomaly tickets, which will net us:
    - 10 5* Sig Stones
    - 7.5k T2A Fragments
    - 1.8k T5B Fragments

All these are rewards for ONE week.. and the event goes on for 5.

Which brings the total rewards from side quests to:
    - 25 x T2CC
    - 25 x T1A
    - 112.5k T4B Fragments (3.125 T4B)
    - 250 Units
    - 50 5* Sig Stones
    - 37.5k T2A Fragments
    - 9k T5B

Low? 🤷🏻‍♂️

People are really under valuing the 5* sig stones. Those are worth the grind alone.
    You think 50 sig stones are worth more that a months grind?
    Boy you much be soo desperate for them.
    These are **** rewards.
    I got 10 sig stones, 100k+ gold, t2 alpha frags and t5 basic frags today for no energy and 5 easy fights. I wish the daily quest were shorter but I think it's worth it.
  • GrabGrab Posts: 71
    so are we supposed to use all the anomaly tickets today/tomorrow or should we hold some in reserve for future use?
    Grab said:

so are we supposed to use all the anomaly tickets today/tomorrow or should we hold some in reserve for future use?

I used my 5 today .. :)

I suppose you could hold them for next week .. and run it 10x next week ...
    (I'm assuming this 5day +2day runs x4 times through the month?)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Grab said:

I think because the map costs zero energy and has no other entrance limit you can use the tickets whenever you want, but I don't see any advantage to deliberately holding them, as the rewards appear to be the same whether you use them this week or next week.