Summoners, we are aware of some issues currently affecting Dungeons, and possibly other parts of the game. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will address the knock ons when we are sure this is all resolved.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

145791023

Comments

  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 5,111 ★★★★★
    Sunspot said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    Sunspot said:

    All I wanna know is, based on early predictions for now.

    Does Ægon seem like the best champion for the Abyss?

    Quake seems like the only champ capeable of a solo, but it’d be near impossible, stealth spidey and crazy intercepts could as well, the best general options are appearing to be ghost with minimal hits aegon with the furies from getting hit and potentially a few others who hit hard in low hits
    Interesting. Kinda made my G2099 useless because you can't ramp her. So, 240 hits with a 5/65 right? So, if I die 4 times with Ægon, I still carry over the combo and get 999 hits. Correct e if I'm wrong. I use a translator.
    It will take more than 4 with aegon, he can only carry over 180 hits per fight, so it will be in the middle of fight 6 he hits 999, guilly will be practically useless
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 5,111 ★★★★★
    Sunspot said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    Sunspot said:

    All I wanna know is, based on early predictions for now.

    Does Ægon seem like the best champion for the Abyss?

    Quake seems like the only champ capeable of a solo, but it’d be near impossible, stealth spidey and crazy intercepts could as well, the best general options are appearing to be ghost with minimal hits aegon with the furies from getting hit and potentially a few others who hit hard in low hits
    Interesting. Kinda made my G2099 useless because you can't ramp her. So, 240 hits with a 5/65 right? So, if I die 4 times with Ægon, I still carry over the combo and get 999 hits. Correct e if I'm wrong. I use a translator.
    It will take more than 4 with aegon, he can only carry over 180 hits per fight, so it will be in the middle of fight 6 he hits 999, guilly will be practically useless

    Haji_Saab said:

    I expected nothing less ... when LOL was released I didn’t even touch for a long time ... that’s how this is gonna go

    Only thing is that they want to annoy their players with camera lock because that is all that it achieves

    The goal is never to Annoy our players. This is an ongoing theme, and whether somebody likes it or not, it adds to the atmosphere of the Labyrinth and Abyss. It's a Maze, and it's supposed to be hard to find your way around.
    The issue is it doesn’t, it just makes you search for community maps
  • Sieger7999Sieger7999 Posts: 38
    Lvernon15 said:

    Sunspot said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    Sunspot said:

    All I wanna know is, based on early predictions for now.

    Does Ægon seem like the best champion for the Abyss?

    Quake seems like the only champ capeable of a solo, but it’d be near impossible, stealth spidey and crazy intercepts could as well, the best general options are appearing to be ghost with minimal hits aegon with the furies from getting hit and potentially a few others who hit hard in low hits
    Interesting. Kinda made my G2099 useless because you can't ramp her. So, 240 hits with a 5/65 right? So, if I die 4 times with Ægon, I still carry over the combo and get 999 hits. Correct e if I'm wrong. I use a translator.
    It will take more than 4 with aegon, he can only carry over 180 hits per fight, so it will be in the middle of fight 6 he hits 999, guilly will be practically useless
    Yeah the only hope is they release a synergy champ for her to get around it
  • Branu0727Branu0727 Posts: 14
    Sunspot said:

    All I wanna know is, based on early predictions for now.

    Does Ægon seem like the best champion for the Abyss?

    She hulk and domino by a longshot. Domino has fewest hits for good damage and she hulk can mayyyybe weave in heavies after the sp for the slow
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 748 ★★★★

    I don't understand how any of these fights could be completed in one go. Unless the plan is to force using multiple revives on every single fight regardless of how well you play.

    You do understand though. That’s always been the goal.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 115
    How does Brand of the Abyss V function with challenge rating? I vaguely remember challenge rating but might need a better explanation on how that node will work.
  • GmonkeyGmonkey Posts: 491 ★★
    RogerRabs said:

    If Aegon dies with his combo still up (combo shield or blocked hit) does he convert it to his persistent charge?

    Yes, screwed up in ramp up fights in lol

  • Sieger7999Sieger7999 Posts: 38
    Will that chance to evade be the same broken logic used in LOL where champs that have abilities to stop being evaded are still evadable?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,512 Guardian

    How does Brand of the Abyss V function with challenge rating? I vaguely remember challenge rating but might need a better explanation on how that node will work.

    Your champion's challenge rating is based on their star tier and rank. From the combat mechanics FAQ:
    CR -> star & rank
    10 -> 1* r1
    20 -> 1* r2 / 2* r1
    30 -> 2* r2
    40 -> 2* r3 / 3* r1
    50 -> 3* r2
    60 -> 3* r3 / 4* r1
    70 -> 3* r4 / 4* r2
    80 -> 4* r3 / 5* r1
    90 -> 4* r4 / 5* r2
    100 -> 4* r5 / 5* r3
    110 -> 5* r4 / 6* r1
    120 -> 5* r5 / 6* r2
    R3 is CR 130. CR is used in the diminishing returns formula that applies to flat stats, and nowhere else until now.

    Based on the node description when the fight starts the defender will get a bunch of stacks of Skirmish charges equal to the challenge rating of the champion you're using to attack. Each time you hit the defender, hit into the block of the defender, or the defender hits you back they will lose one charge. When all the charges are gone they will gain those benefits in Brand 5. Also, they will immediately gain the same number of Warfare charges and those will work like Skirmish charges until they run out, whereupon the defender will gain the Brand 6 benefits.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,051 ★★★★
    While I am very excited to see this, I have to say that I’m extremely disappointed with the decision to add a damage cap to the content. If these are the highest health pools we’ve ever seen, their size alone should be challenge enough, a damage cap ruins the aspect of threat.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,051 ★★★★

    So basically you can only get in 200 hits at a time thanks to brands V and VI cuz after they go permanently unstoppable AND unblockable the fight is over

    I have a feeling She Hulk might be an option to reach long matches.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,512 Guardian

    While I am very excited to see this, I have to say that I’m extremely disappointed with the decision to add a damage cap to the content. If these are the highest health pools we’ve ever seen, their size alone should be challenge enough, a damage cap ruins the aspect of threat.

    I'm not sure how important the damage cap is in the grand scheme of things. The Skirmish and Warfare brands seem to be functioning a bit like enrage timers that kick in at about 120 and 240 hits (depending on your CR). If you can hit the 85k damage cap consistently you can deal about ten million points of damage in 120 hits and twenty million in 240 hits. The cap seems less about slowing the players down and more emphasizing consistent damage over short burst damage.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,051 ★★★★
    I have to say, I do respect the integrity of the challenge. Even though there are aspects that disappoint me, it looks really hard. Kabam’s general idea for this content is perfect. A lot of players now think that once content is released they can do initial and 100% in a matter of days. This is evident with Act 6. Abyss is here to tackle that disillusion, and I support it. Yes, it’s hard. Yes, you will have to rank up champions much higher. And no, most of you (us) will not complete this content anytime soon. A true new Everest if what I am reading plays out well.
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 114
    I couldn't agree more with the implementation of a damage cap against opponents with much larger health pools than we have seen already seems like a counter productive addition the content. Like why give us these champs who can do seriously massive damage (Proxima/Corvus/Ghost/Guilly2099) if you don't put in a form on content where unleashing their maximum potential is possible.? The fun part of this new content and a 3-5 million health pool per fight would be that my proxima midnight if ramped up correctly could do 400k per sp2 or more. to combat the massive healthpools.
  • ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    Locked maps just slows effort really I wont even look at it till I have a map same as I did for lol and 5.4
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,512 Guardian
    Agentk said:

    So basically you can only get in 200 hits at a time thanks to brands V and VI cuz after they go permanently unstoppable AND unblockable the fight is over

    I have a feeling She Hulk might be an option to reach long matches.
    She’ll die at 240 hits as well
    Until I see the map, or rather someone else's map, I can't be sure that every fight has to end at 240. It might be possible to temporarily stun lock a target or other strategies that are unlikely to be permanently chainable but might extend the fight beyond the Warfare brand's limit. Unlike LoL, I don't see a Limber node in the list of Brands for the Abyss.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,051 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    While I am very excited to see this, I have to say that I’m extremely disappointed with the decision to add a damage cap to the content. If these are the highest health pools we’ve ever seen, their size alone should be challenge enough, a damage cap ruins the aspect of threat.

    I'm not sure how important the damage cap is in the grand scheme of things. The Skirmish and Warfare brands seem to be functioning a bit like enrage timers that kick in at about 120 and 240 hits (depending on your CR). If you can hit the 85k damage cap consistently you can deal about ten million points of damage in 120 hits and twenty million in 240 hits. The cap seems less about slowing the players down and more emphasizing consistent damage over short burst damage.
    This is the best reasoning I have seen as to why a damage cap is alright. It does open some doors for different strategies. I think I would still prefer the lack of a cap though. I suppose however, that I’m one of the people who really wanted another thing out of the abyss: an opportunity to see champion’s full damage potential.
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 126
    I wonder if the unstoppable and unblockable when warfare charges deplete are passive effects or active buffs. If they are buffs some champions could get rid of the unstoppable and you'd only have to deal with unblockable, but if they are passive could she hulk get rid of them despite increased AA and play perfectly?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 9,512 Guardian
    Psy26 said:

    I wonder if the unstoppable and unblockable when warfare charges deplete are passive effects or active buffs. If they are buffs some champions could get rid of the unstoppable and you'd only have to deal with unblockable, but if they are passive could she hulk get rid of them despite increased AA and play perfectly?

    My suspicion, and this is only a guess, is that both effects will be node effects that are not buffs or passives, and thus impossible for the player to remove or prevent with any normal champion ability. If they were effects with ability accuracy that would be too easy to prevent and if they were buffs it would be too easy to stagger or nullify them.
  • “Besides the standard Completion and Mastery rewards, the Abyss has 5 Abyssal Chests scattered throughout. Once claimed the chest will not respawn. Though these are rare, each one contains great treasures. “

    Will each chest contain a random one of these rewards or all in one chest.

    Also re: class advantage penalty. Will this apply only to natural class advantage or will be active if there are any with the universal class?
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 126
    DNA3000 said:

    Psy26 said:

    I wonder if the unstoppable and unblockable when warfare charges deplete are passive effects or active buffs. If they are buffs some champions could get rid of the unstoppable and you'd only have to deal with unblockable, but if they are passive could she hulk get rid of them despite increased AA and play perfectly?

    My suspicion, and this is only a guess, is that both effects will be node effects that are not buffs or passives, and thus impossible for the player to remove or prevent with any normal champion ability. If they were effects with ability accuracy that would be too easy to prevent and if they were buffs it would be too easy to stagger or nullify them.
    Of course that is what will probably happen but who knows, few more days and we will see
Sign In or Register to comment.