15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• LinebackerreconLinebackerrecon Member Posts: 5
    @Kabam Miike can you please walk people through what the basis for this feelings statement you said earlier? Is there some sort of metric/data your company is using to make this statement? (Such as were there in game surveys to gather this feelings based data). I am not trying to be flippant just genuinely curious. I think explaining the basis for some these statements may help at least some people understand the reason in your companies decision making process, which could help alleviate some people concerns (not all obviously...some people will always complain). Making a statement based on perceptions of feelings is pretty hard for people to understand your reason for a decision and if data exists it may go a long way with some
  • vikky89vikky89 Member Posts: 80
    @Kabam Miike can you please walk people through what the basis for this feelings statement you said earlier? Is there some sort of metric/data your company is using to make this statement? (Such as were there in game surveys to gather this feelings based data). I am not trying to be flippant just genuinely curious. I think explaining the basis for some these statements may help at least some people understand the reason in your companies decision making process, which could help alleviate some people concerns (not all obviously...some people will always complain). Making a statement based on perceptions of feelings is pretty hard for people to understand your reason for a decision and if data exists it may go a long way with some

Well Someone here tried to do that. They had a poll open to get some actual data, and most of the community overwhelmingly voted against some of the changes like removing defender kills (95%), but miike removed the poll citing some bs forum rules.
  • D_EYED_EYE Member Posts: 18
    Any chance of a quick reply please? A lot of people place defenders with Liquid Courage and may not realize why they never get a kill.

Will there be any change for defenders on suicide masteries? Since the 13.0 update will power is tied to base health and poison/bleed to boosted node health, meaning you will die of poison in 60 seconds. An unfair outcome for people who paid for these masteries - most defenders being unsuable except robots/poison immune! Any changes to this? Please let me know!!?
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Member Posts: 83
    Everybody wants no more Mystic Dispersion. Everybody wants be able to use a big rooster of heroes in attack and defense. Until the politic keep MD you can change map or nodes but war still boring and unfunny. A lot of months players ask this change. Why kabam must keep Md??? For a "real change" of war metagame remove MD is "the only way". And you know this.
    Now, instead 3 Juggy, Magik or Dormammu miniboss we play Aginst 5 Juggy, Magik or Dormammu miniboss.
    Where's the news??? Why should be more funny and not boring???
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Member Posts: 228
    Ok so now I seriously am fed up with all this whining "oooh the want us to spend". First of all, this is a COMPANY not a charity. You are playing for free, of course they try to increase their revenue. In any case the statement doesn't hold, as there are currently many ways to play for free at top levels. I am a non spending 350k player in AW1 and AQ top 50. You get 6kpotions from the glory store, revives as well, units from arena, what the hell do you guys complain about??? I can't stand this whining. Second thing, in anything this reduces items usage. Just bring in a duped ironman or ultron, and kill the boss in 20 fights, even with nodes on, stop the fight at 50% life, timeout and repeat. Indeed @Kabam Miike I would like to stress the point that taking out defenders kills basically favors those who have regen champions such as ironman or ultron, and allows to pause-quit or timeout and restart the fight without any drawbacks. I don't know whether you guys considered that, it looks like a problem to me.
    Thanks
  • SquareSquare Member Posts: 19
    So you are taking slashed tires and thorns node away but will replace them with 5 mini bosses.
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Member Posts: 64
    You guys have brought on more and more mods over the past few months. How come we don't see any increased interactions here? Always the same...respond to the first few select posts in unpopular threads, then crickets. Seems the only thing these mods were brought on for was to close out threads.
  • vikky89vikky89 Member Posts: 80
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    Ok so now I seriously am fed up with all this whining "oooh the want us to spend". First of all, this is a COMPANY not a charity. You are playing for free, of course they try to increase their revenue. In any case the statement doesn't hold, as there are currently many ways to play for free at top levels. I am a non spending 350k player in AW1 and AQ top 50. You get 6kpotions from the glory store, revives as well, units from arena, what the hell do you guys complain about??? I can't stand this whining. Second thing, in anything this reduces items usage. Just bring in a duped ironman or ultron, and kill the boss in 20 fights, even with nodes on, stop the fight at 50% life, timeout and repeat. Indeed @Kabam Miike I would like to stress the point that taking out defenders kills basically favors those who have regen champions such as ironman or ultron, and allows to pause-quit or timeout and restart the fight without any drawbacks. I don't know whether you guys considered that, it looks like a problem to me.
    Thanks

Issue is not about spending, its about not rewarding skill. There should be some kinda of penalty if you die on a node. When matched up against a big spending alliance other ally had a chance of a win by virtue of their skill n defense kills. This prevented abusing regen champs by the method u mentioned above. Now with defense kills gone its all about who can spend big on potions.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Member Posts: 228
    vikky89 wrote: »
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    Thanks

Issue is not about spending, its about not rewarding skill. There should be some kinda of penalty if you die on a node. When matched up against a big spending alliance other ally had a chance of a win by virtue of their skill n defense kills. This prevented abusing regen champs by the method u mentioned above. Now with defense kills gone its all about who can spend big on potions.

I agree, and indeed I asked him whether they figured a way to avoid the exploitation
  • BornBorn Member Posts: 228 ★★
    This update will ruin AW. Plain and simple. It was already in a desperate need for an update, but this is taking it backwards. AW should be skillled based more than anything. We are competing against other allys to see who is more skilled and organised. A lower rating ally should be able to beat a higher rated ally if they have the skill. This won't be possible now as even if the lower rating ally can 100% the map with half as many deaths, all the higher rating ally has to do is also 100% and win on defender rating and diversity. Doesn't seem fair at all.

And LMFAO, the statement about removing defender kills so it doesn't make the player feel bad for losing a champ has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Common Kabam, I know you guys need to make money but this is just obserd. Surely someone with some brains can think of a better way of updating AW without sucking the fun and life out of what could and should be one of the best parts of this game.
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    I am curious about the detect masteries now that its been brought up. This does make them completely useless. AQ has maps out there that list all of the opponents on what nodes. AW was the only place with variety (sorta) that they could be used. Can anyone tell me a purpose for them now that I may be missing?

This is something that I raised with the team, and they are discussing the situation now.

How's that discussion going? Still no news on this? You mean this wasn't thought of ahead of time, with all your testing you guys do? I'm shocked!
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

ok, just as many defenders. But defender kills, in combo with 5 mini bosses means $$ wins every war. No more skill. Good job killing wars.

The amount of items that any user can use remains the same, so every Alliance Member can still only Revive/Heal 15 times. This hasn't changed. Additionally, 5 Minibosses doesn't mean that any one person will be taking on more than 1.

The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Im feeling defeated by game lag that has plagued the contest for 2 years and the AI Evade-Attack bug that Kabam hasn't been able to fix for over 1 year. Will this spur Kabam into action?
  • Marzipan87Marzipan87 Member Posts: 44
    Did you reset the AW Rating ?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    I like how Kabam Miike is ignoring the main point of the posts he is quoting. Removing defender kills makes them more $$$, plain and simple. Just admit it

We have addressed that a few times. As we said, that was not the goal with the change. The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

It doesn't matter what your "goal" was, we're telling you how it's gonna be. How am I supposed to beat an alliance with higher defender rating that will spend to 100% the map? It's impossible, even if we 100% aswell with 100 deaths while they do it in 300, they'll win purely by defender rating. You've removed all the skill involved in AWs

Perfectly said
    Well, personally I'm excited for the idea. Less Energy wait times, new Map, more points for Attack Kills. Portals will be interesting. I'm open to change. It will take some getting used to, but anything new does.

Portals are far from interesting and really don't serve any purpose.
  • Lord_ShaedowLord_Shaedow Member, Content Creators Posts: 13 Content Creator
    Can you explain the logic begind temp reducing energy cost for Act 4 to go along with this? Can't work out why this is done and included in AW update post?

It's just something to do while Alliance Wars are down for an extended period. It won't be something for everybody, but if you haven't 100% Explored Act 4 yet, it's a good time!

As someone who was JUST working on Exploring Act 4 100% this change came at the perfect time.
  • JM_88JM_88 Member Posts: 1
    Hey @Kabam Miike instead of freaking out about something that I haven't seen and have no idea how it's going to function, I'm going to wait and see how it actually plays. And then I'm going to freak out. That is all.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Sorry, if I missed it...

But do we already know, when the next AQ will start? 29 August (normal schedule) or 27 August (as said in the AW announcement post)?

Thanks!
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Member Posts: 550 ★★
    I am curious about the detect masteries now that its been brought up. This does make them completely useless. AQ has maps out there that list all of the opponents on what nodes. AW was the only place with variety (sorta) that they could be used. Can anyone tell me a purpose for them now that I may be missing?

This is something that I raised with the team, and they are discussing the situation now.

How about just giving us a week of free masteries like you have done in the past. This way we can reset the masteries to reflect the changes in war without killing us in resource use. Thanks.
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    Noob_2yrs wrote: »
    Mini bosses increase and harder maps but no rewards increase, what a joke ;)

We didn't say it's harder! We've made a bunch of adjustments that should actually make it easier, like the total removal of Slashed Tires and Thorns.

True that! The removal of 1 slashed tire node makes it sooo much more easier!

While having 5 mini-bosses makes it harder to get to the boss, maybe the boss becomes much easier once all 5 nodes are off of him. Maybe the 2 extra nodes will take off checkmate and stun immunity as well.
  • OmniOmni Member Posts: 574 ★★★
    SubTypical wrote: »

How's that discussion going? Still no news on this? You mean this wasn't thought of ahead of time, with all your testing you guys do? I'm shocked!

They stayed in the office over night, still discussing with the pizza and maple syrup they are expensing under "14.1 bugs fund"
    Oneslydogg wrote: »

The fact that it took a post in this thread for your "team" to even realize this is the most troubling thing I've read so far.

Wish I could, Agree, Like and LOL this all at the same time.
    Omni wrote: »

They stayed in the office over night, still discussing with the pizza and maple syrup they are expensing under "14.1 bugs fund"

I didn't see maple syrup, but they do at least have a wall of candy: http://vanmag.com/city/cool-workspace-inside-the-kabam-vancouver-office/
  • OnyxgemOnyxgem Member Posts: 7
    I am sorry but these changes, especially that defender kills now don't get you any points is BEYOND STUPID and making AW nothing more than PAY TO FREEKING WIN! Come on Kabam use some common sense already!!!!
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Member Posts: 292
    Wtf is everyone whining about? Wars have ALWAYS been a cash cow and about getting us to spend to win. And it worked. You all have reinforced this by doing exactly what Kabam wanted. You spend to win.

Kabam is merely making spending to win even easier. They know exactly what they are doing.
  • SparhaukSparhauk Member Posts: 23
    NevvB wrote: »
    Why dont we get defender kill points anymore? This will benefit spending alliances cause they dont have to worry about giving up points for every death.
    We have won a few wars because of defender kills and now you've made it harder for non spenders vs. spenders.
    You've made aw less about skill and more about who will spend.

OF COURSE they've made it more favorable for their cash cows! Who do you think they work for?
  • Tulkas97Tulkas97 Member Posts: 1
    I broke down and made a forum account to voice my concern over the removal of defender kills points. This change is going to remove the skill aspect of AW. I've lost track of the number of AWs my alliance has won because we fought better/more efficient than our opponent. I'll give you a recent example. We got 86.2% exploration and our opponent spent their way to 100%. Both got boss kills. However my alliance got KO'd 25 times and our opponents got KO'd 77 times. We won due to defender kill points. Under the new rules the other alliance wins simply because they spent more items despite the fact they fought poorly.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Member Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'm not going to get into AW, because I agree with 99.9% of the voices here regarding the changes you're planning, but seeing as this seems to serve as the 15.0 change-log thread as well, I need to voice my concern over the fact that my OG Vision is still bugged.

I could care less about AOU Vision, personally. I have him as arena fodder, but I spent real damn money, and plenty of it for this EXCLUSIVE champ only available via a massive amount of units. This type of issue should be Priority 1.

At this point, I spent almost $200 CAD on a champ that's broken. This needs to be addressed ASAP.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Member Posts: 690 ★★★

I didn't see maple syrup, but they do at least have a wall of candy: http://vanmag.com/city/cool-workspace-inside-the-kabam-vancouver-office/

CANDY WALL?!?!?

WTF, I want in on that.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★

CANDY WALL?!?!?

WTF, I want in on that.

Maybe that's why bugs take so long to fix. Distracted by all that candy.
This discussion has been closed.