**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    edited September 2017
    The team with the higher rating and more diversity will win in most cases

As simple as that, there is no skill involved...no matter what defenders you place, it all matters is whether u place a high PI defender...check...whether u have placed unique defenders....check

As the new AW design..lets face it..its easier to clear 100% bg now...and the boss gets beaten down before minibosses are takem down LOL

@Kabam Miike
  • Forcing balance on us just wasn't a good call.

Exactly. A fix should have been adding diversity points, and not getting rid of defender kills.
    Make it so a non-diverse champ needs to get at least 1 kill to equal the points for placing a diverse champ.

Diversity = 50 points - Defender kills = 50 pts.
    Something like that.

Then we could see a bigger mix of defenders more naturally and wouldn't be basically a mandatory part of the game.
    The current plan is to place horrendous defenders that will never get a kill because we have to.
    That is beyond dumb.

• TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    TomieCzech wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I posted it in the closed thread, do you mind telling us what intentions you guys had behind rolling this war nonsense out??

Diversity is more important than killed defenders.

Nodes are too easy to beat - no challenge there, no holdup in exploration by smart placements.

Maximum exploration is too easy to achieve for very little unit cost for both alliances.

2* diverse rank 1 champions in defence are more useful and important than maximum tier and rank of great defenders that are duplicates

Lastly, how the hell did your team miss the scoring error that you just corrected with the rediculouse defender kill point degradation? I put the numbers in a spreadsheet last night and it took me 10 minutes to play with them to realize it's broken and you guys who are developing it for weeks just happened to miss it??? Is anyone there who checks the new concepts before being rolled out????? Do you guys enjoy infuriating your player base?? Do you guys do it for the buzz on your forums??? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Exactly, kabam has been doing hell lot of errors from past year, its like they dont take their job seriously at all, as long as money flows...they are happy . Lil by liltle i have started playing this game less, i love this game...but all these bad decisions lately has made it less fun. Hope It changes
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    edited September 2017
    w2ze8xuet6g8.png

This is not about the small amount of points that decide ties - so called tiebreakers as you yourself posted before the rollout. It allows teams who lost a war fighting it to win it by placing crappy defenders, so the fighting is irrelevant. 2* and 3* useless defenders now decide who wins and there is no penalty to the team to get this defender killed. Look at our last war! @Kabam Miike

The easy map causes both alliances to be tied at the end and the diversity then decides who wins. There is no way one alliance can be behind by 10-30% in exploration and miss a boss kill and lose this way unless they are unable to play half of them. It used to be the case. It isn't any more. You start your war and unless you're required to use 2* champs in attack in tier 4 war for diversity, you explore near 100% and kill both bosses.
  • The whole point of "keeping score" is to determine who wins. The would point of a record is to see how often they win an in this games case get rewards. This diversity thing is not going to work when you take away defender KOs. Its not about who has the most "diverse" roster its about who can win a fight whit who you got, whos champs can stop an opponent on defense.
    Kabam your making this game less an less enjoyable an have caused many to quit. You still havn't brought out "base", you take what use to be awarded through crystals an now want them purchased, your about to introduce 6* champs without allowing anyone to really run with the 5*s . This is beyond pathetic greed. Ill stay posted to see whats fixed but I havnt spent any money on this game in a long time an will stop play all together soon if this continues
  • YSBYSB Posts: 192
    edited September 2017
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Commish @Kabam Iko

New war just isn't fun. I agree changes need to be made to old war, but this isn't fun. My alliance has spent the entire day making a spreadsheet of everyones top champs so we can max out diversity points. Doing that, paired with us getting 100% exploration and 3 boss kills, will guarantee a win every time. This is sooooo boring. I like winning, but let us focus on bringing up the champs we like best. Diversity is stupid. Sure it makes war easier, but it's boring. Nobody should ever waste a resource ranking up Kamala Khan. She's the worst champ in the game. But to win wars now, one person in every alliance will have to. How is that fun? It's stupid. New map, old scoring. That's what should have changed. At least until you figure out something that's actually better.
  • Lots of complaints and few alternatives so here's mine.

1) give champs AWD specific skills/buffs/debuffs. This way more champs can be feasibly used as defenders and there would be no impact on the rest of the game. Maybe move the focus from being node specific to champ specific. There would be an element of surprise this way. You may know the champ is skill, but not which skill champ and what their buffs are. Example: when Kamala (because she wants to play too) is used as an AW defender she gets +100% health/attack and can reach behind you and give you a wedgie when you're blocking. When she's used as a boss she can give atomic wedgies. Already good defenders aren't buffed as much. For example Magik can only give wet willies.
    2) make synergies work off of #1 or at least be more meaningful for the weaker defenders. Again these synergies can be AWD specific to avoid having to refactor other areas of the game.
    3) have AWD only masteries
    5) have AWD only...see where I'm going with this?
    6) Give all the whales a tshirt that's says "I spent $100's on this game and all I got was this lousy shirt". Not sure what that would fix but it would be funny.

That's all I got.
  • GoliathGoliath Posts: 5
    War is soooo boring now this game is supposed to be about having fun
    YSB wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Commish @Kabam Iko

New war just isn't fun. I agree changes need to be made to old war, but this isn't fun. My alliance has spent the entire day making a spreadsheet of everyones top champs so we can max out diversity points. Doing that, paired with us getting 100% exploration and 3 boss kills, will guarantee a win every time. This is sooooo boring. I like winning, but let us focus on bringing up the champs we like best. Diversity is stupid. Sure it makes war easier, but it's boring. Nobody should ever waste a resource ranking up Kamala Khan. She's the worst champ in the game. But to win wars now, one person in every alliance will have to. How is that fun? It's stupid. New map, old scoring. That's what should have changed. At least until you figure out something that's actually better.

Totally agree even just switching back to the old version would be better than it is now
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Goliath wrote: »
    War is soooo boring now this game is supposed to be about having fun
    Nothing fun about facing 10+ Magiks on defense
    For me this is the worst change to the game they've ever had
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Defender Diversity will not work if you move to it taking in account the entire alliance not per BG. There are currently only 106 champs in the game, is that correct? So then you would never be able to max the 150 placed champs. Not sure if the math works out for the adjustments made to attack kills. Although adding defensive kills would solve many issues with this update.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    I think CLASS DIVERSITY makes much more sense. If you have less than 10 champs in a class, you lose X points for each missing champ. That way we can still choose which champs to place and you can use same champ in a class multiple times.
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    I think CLASS DIVERSITY makes much more sense. If you have less than 10 champs in a class, you lose X points for each missing champ. That way we can still choose which champs to place and you can use same champ in a class multiple times.
    Wouldn't solve anything
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm afraid we're gonna be stuck with this version boys as the whales are okay with it cause:
    1) They have the biggest and most diverse rosters with all the rare champs
    2) They have the highest sig, therefore PI and prestige champions, so the only way they lose is if they **** up placements (see MMX vs A-H)
    3) The map is much easier so they don't have to spend on hard wars

So yea, doubt it's gonna be changed
    My solution for Diversity:

Force every member that joins war to only be able to use 1 champ from each class as a defender.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    edited September 2017
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Wouldn't solve anything

Why not? People wouldn't have to rank every champ available, but still spend some resources on unrepresented classes like Cosmic. Also adds some strategy as to who to choose. Kabam could also produce class-boosted nodes (certain class gets more attack/health/... on a certain node) Win-win for players and Kabam.
    DD2 wrote: »
    There's a reason the NBA doesn't put midgets and amputees and blind people on the starting line! Because they can't add to the team!

Diversity means nothing. Why are we supposed to rank up Luke Cage over an actual good defender?! They have no use!

You guys realize just how bad these changes are, right? Your champs have ZERO value now. It has nothing to do with skill, nothing to do with effectiveness. It's all arbitrary. This game is worthless now.

This is ten times worse than 12.0 ever was.
    Luke Cage needs love too! So shutup and level him up and put on defense lol

• AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    If he wants love, then he can damn well become a better champ and deserve it. War will become a matter of who has the most of the rare champs, and who got the newest Featured champ from a crystal. If left as it is, the system will push for people to buy more Featured crystals, or spend more units pushing Arena, or buy more cores to unlock the Suicides many have ignored until now, just to increase Defender Diversity and Rating.
    Of course, once they transition to Alliance-wide Diversity, only one person needs to acquire the Featured champ, so it will actually end up gimping sales/unit usage for that in the end...
  • 19eighty19eighty Posts: 30
    Not sure why alliances don't just boycott AW. Not sure it would help but if you don't like it stop playing that element. Seems like the best avenue.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    19eighty wrote: »
    Not sure why alliances don't just boycott AW. Not sure it would help but if you don't like it stop playing that element. Seems like the best avenue.

If there was another way to get 5* shards other than mindless arena grinding I'd agree with you.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    A lot don't because it's a primary source of 4* and 5* shards. And because they want to win, no matter what. Can't win if you don't play. And for some, to stop playing AW, would basically mean stop playing the game entirely. They don't come out with content fast enough to keep people occupied, so they need things like War to get people in the game. Ask yourself how much of what you do in this game, what % of resources you gain, what effort you put in, makes its way to supporting your alliance in War? How many champs have you ranked for War only? What champs do you want to pull, and is that desire born out of wanting to use them in War?

I have a set team for AQ that won't change until next season, if that. There's hardly any champs I want to pull for use in Quests. Most of the champs I long to pull, I want them for War. Because it was one of the more fun modes of the game, and I wanted to support my Alliance with strong Defenders/Attackers. Now, those desired champs are pointless, because putting in SG or OML or a 2* Whatever is worth more points unless I possess the only one of that champ in my Alliance.

But I still fight in Wars, because I believe it can get better... But they have to actually listen to reason instead of someone's financial projections. If MCoC tanks under Netmarble's watch, they may never get to make another acquisition again (fine by me). But for it to live and make them money, they need to listen to us, and test things properly, and recognize if they mess up and fix it quickly.
This discussion has been closed.