15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• R4GER4GE Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    hurricant wrote: »
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Heywood wrote: »
    fmbw4x1t7dgd.png

Awesome. 1.5 mil higher rated alliance. We play better and will lose because they ranked up bad champs.

Fix the damn game.

Adapt lol

If we place our highest ranked unique defenders, and face an alliance with 1 million rating above us, how can we adapt? wtf are you even talking about
    Calm down big man lol I see someone needs a break from the game.

Guess you don't remember when Adora told the community to "Adapt" when they made a change to the game.

LOL, unfortunately we can't fully adapt when they tell us more changes are coming.
  • JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Huluhula wrote: »
    JRock808 wrote: »
    The real ,problem is that Kabam will take the fastest, easiest, cheapest way out. Sorry to bring it up again, but look at MD and dexterity. It takes more than a few minutes to fix this obviously broken mechanic so they just rebuild war to try and lessen the impact? A bit like killing the patient to cure the disease.

Expecting complicated scoring systems that really don't help their content creation isn't in the cards. Even returning defensive kills isn't going to solve the awful map design, time commitment and truly uninspired nodes.

Makes me sad that they deleted your post because you spoke your mind

Thanks, it makes me sad as well. I even got a warning for my trouble of sincerely looking for excitement and fun again. The mods here are so biased it's not even a joke,

• chunkybchunkyb Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    Sigh.
    Any info coming out about war today? Glad my post was noticed enough to be deleted but still haven't seen anything from mods.
  • hurricanthurricant Member Posts: 545 ★★★
    Another loss how great. Wow this war system is so terrible and poorly thought out
  • HeywoodHeywood Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2017
    He wasn't wrong @Kabam Miike

The scoring for attacker kills was adjusted within a couple days to fix the exploit, yet it is taking weeks to fix war so it is not a contest of defender rating? The communication here is just horrible so far. What is the plan? Are we getting defender kills back?

We will be patient if we know the direction this is heading.
    If your goal if a second prestige war, that is fine. I will quit playing the game since I am not interested in that.

Just communicate with your player base so we know where this is heading.

• JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    If your paycheck was a dollar and your employer said they were "investigating it" would you just sit around for a month with no word?

If you bought a car and it only went up to 60 MPH and the manufacturer said they were "looking into it:" and went silent for weeks, would you be happy driving it?

if you went to a movie and people talked the entire time, threw popcorn at the screen and called your date funny names and the manager said they are "monitoring the data" before making any changes to your experience, but please keep coming back in the mean time, would you?

it's essentially what you are asking your players to do.

All that 12.0 transparency went right out a transparent window when the whales started spending again I guess.
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    Hey Everybody,

We've just posted another update on what you can expect in our next series of Alliance Wars when you start Matchmaking again tomorrow.

We've made a number of changes this time, including the reduction of points received for Defender Diversity to match its new role as existing per Battlegroup, and revamping a number of nodes to put more of an emphasis on the importance of choosing the right Defender for the right job.

Take a look at the changes in this post here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/142371/#Comment_142371

• QwertyQwerty Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    so now defender rating is going to determine the win
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Member Posts: 728 ★★★
    So now it seems like diversity doesn’t really matter at all again lol. And the node changes aren’t really that significant.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    still no defender kill points ... :(

so at tier 1 it'll still be forced diversity (poop defenders), 100% clears, and result in highest defender rating wins - skill still removed from "war"

BORING

#BringBackDefenderKillPoints
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Member Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    So glad i spent hours going through my battlegroups rosters and creating defender lists for diversity for it to now be negligible.

My stupidity i suppose.
  • Spig_NewtonSpig_Newton Member Posts: 11
    The only fix will be defender kills being brought back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ until then, AW will suck
  • xdethsquadxxdethsquadx Member Posts: 50
    We still have no recognition if the terrible brutality upon our efforts via diversity. We should all get RANK DOWN TICKETS. We all wasted our resources on champs you designed ONLY FOR DEFENSE and now they cant be used. You fundanentally alteted the value of our champions and now please let us redo some champs to actually make this fun again.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Member Posts: 273 ★★
    When are you guys going to get the effin hint man? Just add back defender kills.
  • TwuntTwunt Member Posts: 149
    The end all summary of this will be that you are making Defender rating and Diversity the two tie breakers. Doesn’t matter how you allocate the points. If both teams explore 100%, no skill required. The one with the higher Defender rating (now you lowered diversity points) will win. How can you have two variables to determine winners? That’s a sloppy formula.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Member Posts: 387 ★★
    I agree, bring back defender kills
  • Cael_EnixCael_Enix Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2017
    So Mike let’s be real, when will we see the rankdown tickets for the New AW strategy you are wanting US as the community to embark on?

Up until now everyone has ranked one of 6-8 champs specifically for War Defense. Now you are wanting a great diversity but want us to have to pay to rankup new champs while the old ones are basically penalized for being used?
  • hifans808hifans808 Member Posts: 17
    Quick questions:

What tiers are "hard, challenger, expert, etc."? I think just referring it to the tier numbers just makes it so much easier...

Are the bold items on the chart what was changed? Just want to clarify that...

Wasn't the points scored for defender kills also lowered? Wouldn't lowering defender diversity points create the same issue you had before with a loop hole being for teams not to place defenders at all?
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Member Posts: 387 ★★
    Might just move down to a map 3 alliance then. They could probably use some of my r5's or my r4 5stars lol. T5 basics coming out soon and will be chasing them just like we have the t4c and never caught up. Will definitely never catch up to winning whole t5 basics now. Whole game is starting to be a let down. :-(
    so Diversity Parade "war" continues to be, check with opponent alliance to see who has the higher defender rating... annnnddd, winner decided.

this is so terribly sad .... please bring back real alliance war with skill (defender kill points)
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Can we please get a comment on what, if anything is being done about the Detect and Scout masteries?

If it is nothing that is ok, but the issue has been ignored since the @Kabam Miike saying he was bringing it the game team.
  • Brr762Brr762 Member Posts: 11
    Without defender kills, defender rating is still going to be the deciding factor.
    edited September 2017
    Twunt wrote: »
    The end all summary of this will be that you are making Defender rating and Diversity the two tie breakers. Doesn’t matter how you allocate the points. If both teams explore 100%, no skill required. The one with the higher Defender rating (now you lowered diversity points) will win. How can you have two variables to determine winners? That’s a sloppy formula.

The point of the map changes is that we want you guys to emphasize your Defenders again. Prevent the other team from getting 100% exploration.

...and those upgraded nodes do not do that. We'll still easily 100% the map.

Removing Defender Kill Points has removed skill from Alliance War. Resulting in a boring, uncompetitive alliance quest 2.0.
  • QwertyQwerty Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    Twunt wrote: »

The point of the map changes is that we want you guys to emphasize your Defenders again. Prevent the other team from getting 100% exploration.

why not leave diversity points as is but bring back defender kills worth a reasonable point value? have wars be decided by defender kills not by a coin flip that can be figured out at the start of the map.

also do yourself a favor and make a sticky announcement saying no RDTs will be handed out because there will be at least another 28 more threads about RDTs before the week is out.
This discussion has been closed.