Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★

I am sorry if you do not believe the concerns about the rewards are legitimate. I am going to chalk that up to poor word choice. Trust me, the concerns about the rewards are legitimate because the rewards are a gigantic miss. I think the multitude of comments back that up.

Edited to change that. I'm not saying that concerns over rewards are not legitimate. We are discussing the feedback, but have nothing to add at this time.
    Well discussing the feedback is progress. If you want to initiate a dialogue with the community, even just the CCP, to discuss the rewards openly that would be welcomed with open arms
    Yeah, any transparency with the community in terms of the discussions would be welcomed
  • SpankySpanky Member Posts: 9
    No one is saying they should have more rewards but that the rewards should be more 6* focused instead of 5*. Instead of having 4-5 5* rank ups have 1-2 6* rank ups. They are close to the same strength but it allows players to grow their 6* roster which they use in the future instead of ranking up 5*s that they will potentially never use. As far as t5cc if you make winning a spending event (gifting) choose your class then end game content should be the same. There doesn't have to be more t5cc just something where the players have a choice on who they can rank after they finish so you know for sure your efforts have not gone to waste. There needs to be a balance between RNG and a sure thing.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    I think people forget that Kabam isn't going to change rewards immediately, they will most likely need a few days of feedback, discuss and then make a decision on if they believe the rewards need revamped or not. People need to be more understanding and allow time for any feedback. Kabam does have to be given some time to respond they can't respond to knee jerk reactions and shouldn't. The rewards are very good but I do agree with most at least 1 t5c and 6 star gem should be generic. But we need to give constructive feedback not bring out the pitch forks right away.
    Zuko_ILC said:

I think people forget that Kabam isn't going to change rewards immediately, they will most likely need a few days of feedback, discuss and then make a decision on if they believe the rewards need revamped or not. People need to be more understanding and allow time for any feedback. Kabam does have to be given some time to respond they can't respond to knee jerk reactions and shouldn't. The rewards are very good but I do agree with most at least 1 t5c and 6 star gem should be generic. But we need to give constructive feedback not bring out the pitch forks right away.

I agree they shouldn't just change things overnight because of what people say. It will take time to talk it over and we will have to wait and see what they come up with but they need to be aware the state of the game will be determined by whatever they decide. They have plans for another 5-10 years but that won't happen if people quit over this.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

Minus the addition of the 5* Weapon X for Exploration, his other changes are on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-U2PUp0zcc

Yeah, a few simple changes and the rewards are great, the 6* rank up gem isn’t necessary imo, just the stuff with the ag sigs and t5cc
    Spanky said:

Zuko_ILC said:

I agree they shouldn't just change things overnight because of what people say. It will take time to talk it over and we will have to wait and see what they come up with but they need to be aware the state of the game will be determined by whatever they decide. They have plans for another 5-10 years but that won't happen if people quit over this.
    Most people won't quit over this. The rewards aren't that bad or worth a reason to quit the game. Majority of the people will stay and play because overall they have a very fun game.
  • WikiLeaksWikiLeaks Member Posts: 20
    If other game modes offered ways to progress the feedback here could be dulled. Event quests havent been updated for years and produce almost no end game resources. Daily solo / alliance objectives haven't been tuned for years..

The rewards or lack thereof for this content is just a symptom of the overall problem. They are not ready to move the content / pay gate so this is where we are.
  • McCloud33McCloud33 Member Posts: 45

McCloud33 said:

@Kabam Miike Most everyone is talking about the final rewards and for good reason, but I think what is getting glossed over are some of the new nodes in Chapter 4. In particular the power sting.

In speaking with others who were involved in the BETA, and doing a little research, there are only 4 champs currently in the game that can power sting on their own. Emma Frost, Wasp, Yellow Jacket and Human Torch (when in nova flames). They also have very short duration power stings in which you won't be doing 90% reduced damage, resulting in hardly any effect in damage output.

There is one champ who can provide power sting via synergy...Mr. Fantasitc! This champ has been out less than a year and most players do not have him as a 5 star champion. This is very poor design and wreaks of the Mr. Sinister fight in 6.2 and the Poison vulnerability Mysterio in 6.3 which I believe everyone including Kabam agreed was a less than ideal design.

What's the point in doing the BETA test if you won't listen to those trying to help out and saying that this node is too much. Could you all please look at making this a 50%-70% reduction instead of 90% so those who do not have the ONE champion that can actually do a lane can at least push through with other champions?

We did take the feedback from Beta Players into account, but that doesn't mean that it will always be in the exact way that players suggested.

It's important for the team to marry their design intention with the feedback received. In this case, it is meant to be a pretty esoteric Node that rewards some Synergies and Champion choices. We found that players were having trouble with it, and in response, gave players an additional 40% attack while Power Sting is up.
    @Kabam Miike Thank you for the response and explaination that it was changed to give added damage, but from my understanding, it will have very little impact on the actual fights because the duration of the power sting is just so short on those 4 champions (I'll circle back to that) that have power sting available. This node is very similar to "Can't stop won't stop" in Map 7 AQ. The notable difference is that for CSWS, the duration of our attackers unstoppable buffs is increased to give us time to actually take advantage of that mechanic. Could that be a quick fix to just do the same thing with this node and extend (50%???) the duration of the power sting?

Even with the proposed change it still only leave 4 champions who have this mechanic. IMO that's just way to few to place as an entire lane. It's not like Shock (12 champs), bleed (58 champs), incinerate (24 champs), poison (13 champs), unstoppable (16 champs), prowess (8 champs). There are more than 160 champs that are 5/6* now and you're saying we have to be lucky enough to have one of these 4 (5 if you count Mr. Fantastic).
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Spanky said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Most people won't quit over this. The rewards aren't that bad or worth a reason to quit the game. Majority of the people will stay and play because overall they have a very fun game.
    This isn't worth quitting. We would just like the satisfaction of beating the content and getting the brand new rank up. So you're definitely right, but its a cumulative effect. If you're disappointed after Abyss, and after 6.4 and then you have to wait for act 7 six months later now we have an issue.

Zuko_ILC said:

Spanky said:

Zuko_ILC said:

This isn't worth quitting. We would just like the satisfaction of beating the content and getting the brand new rank up. So you're definitely right, but its a cumulative effect. If you're disappointed after Abyss, and after 6.4 and then you have to wait for act 7 six months later now we have an issue.
    I've 100% all content in the game, have a top 100 account so I definitely understand the issues. I'm an end game player with most of the champs in the game even trophy champs. These rewards are more focused for 5* roster increases which isn't great for me but that is why we are opening communication with the company and hoping they take our thoughts into account. But it is their game so they don't have to.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Member Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Hopefully these rewards will be changed to fit what this is. The end oof a 5 year story with disappointing rewards.

Hopefully these rewards will be changed to fit what this is. The end oof a 5 year story with disappointing rewards.

That most people have paid hundreds if not thousands of dollars or whatever currency the player uses plus countless amounts of hours to complete everything only to potentially come away with nothing usable (like many for abyss) based on RNG.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    You guys realize it's not the end of the game, right?
    Ebony_Naw said:

I don't understand how you never see what's wrong with some of these rewards. The only way for Kabam to know how the playerbase feels is if people come here to let them know. The quantity of complaints IS important, and some of these complaints have come with quality feedback on how to improve the rewards without breaking the system. I don't understand why you have an issue with that.
    That's not accurate at all. If the Rewards are disproportionate as I see it, I've spoken up before. People can say if they don't like them. I'm not inhibiting anyone. I just don't agree that they're out of sync with progression or the current state of the game. Players may be ready to launch into a game that revolves around 6*s, but the game isn't. The Rewards aren't bad. Just not what meets expectations. It's the end of Act 6, and the Rewards are on par with the rest of the Act, and where the game is at in terms of what's available. There will be other ways to earn Rewards. It's not going to carry people through the duration of playing. It's appropriate to what it is. Some of the requests I've seen aren't even things that exist in the game currently. It's just expectation meets reality.
    edited February 2020

Ebony_Naw said:

I don't understand how you never see what's wrong with some of these rewards. The only way for Kabam to know how the playerbase feels is if people come here to let them know. The quantity of complaints IS important, and some of these complaints have come with quality feedback on how to improve the rewards without breaking the system. I don't understand why you have an issue with that.
    That's not accurate at all. If the Rewards are disproportionate as I see it, I've spoken up before. People can say if they don't like them. I'm not inhibiting anyone. I just don't agree that they're out of sync with progression or the current state of the game. Players may be ready to launch into a game that revolves around 6*s, but the game isn't. The Rewards aren't bad. Just not what meets expectations. It's the end of Act 6, and the Rewards are on par with the rest of the Act, and where the game is at in terms of what's available. There will be other ways to earn Rewards. It's not going to carry people through the duration of playing. It's appropriate to what it is. Some of the requests I've seen aren't even things that exist in the game currently. It's just expectation meets reality.
    One can do an initial completion of abyss in 6 hours for free and get equal rewards to 50 hours of work to fully explore act 6, the most important content in the game. Act 6 also requires a much larger roster using far more resources and units. Please inform me how expectations were too high?
    One person did a clear in 6 hours, more I'm sure. If Abyss hasn't hit the mark in terms of difficulty, that's a separate issue. The most important content in the game is always what's new. If you examine the Rewards over Acts, it's not that far off. Save for the Gems, there's one Generic available in the whole game, much less many Gems at all, so that's highly rare. The quantity of Cats you get is significant. The Shards are more than previous, and yes, you have 5* material because 5*s are still a large part of the game for many Players. All-in-all, people decided to jump the gun and only focus on 6*s, and that's just not how the game is designed.
  • ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,218 ★★★★★
    Well I don’t want this post closed down, so back on subject.
    Reading the nodes it looks like I should rank up my Sunspot, Emma Stone and Yellowjacket to deal with some of those fun and interactive nodes if I plan on getting through completion.... depending on the Grandmaster fight...
    People want to keep taking shots at me about retiring from playing a few months ago, be my guest. That's really not what we're here to discuss, and it's just low-hat.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★

SLIPDRAG said:

Kabam, you seriously dropped the ball with Act 6 rewards and I hope you review/revisit them. They are beyond mediocre and not at all worth the effort. Nothing in there is getting me excited to blast through and push for completion and/or exploration. Please reconsider updating the rewards. Thank you!

We will not be changing them. As we said with the earlier Chapters, we chose to spread more of the Rewards out over the Chapters, and put less emphasis on the Act rewards this time, so players could use them earlier.
    I feel like there are actually some nice rewards mixed in here. If you add it all up, some of the rewards are quite solid. Really, there's some great stuff in there. And to be fair, I think the statement added to the announcement written by the team was great. That they realize there were some hiccups in the past and really want to make sure the act ends on a good note. I thought that was awesome. And I'm looking forward to seeing the final version of the content. I truly believe it's designers do want us to have a challenging, yet rewarding experience playing it.

I think the problem is found in the final act rewards though. Specifically the top 2-3 items. I think those are what's giving folks a bad sense about this. Obviously, the largest complaints are that they are random class, not to scale with previous acts relative to the state of the game and simply not a great value from an effort to reward perspective. When you consider the entire scope of effort required for full exploration of the act, it's just not there for some players. A feeling of balance (effort to reward). From what I've seen so far, some content creators seem to agree with the rest of the community on this as well.

That said, it's their game. They have the right to set the rewards to whatever they deem appropriate. And then we in turn, have the option to decide if we are still interested in playing it. Unfortunately, as it is, I think some will decide they are not. At least in the full participation in this particular content anyway. I personally, will most likely finish the completion. However the motivation to fully explore the act isn't there for me at the moment. As I said, I'm excited for the new content. It's just a matter of effort/reward ratio. If a consumer/supporter of a product invests their time and/or money in something. It has to feel worth it to them. Simple as that. If the opinions expressed here on the forum and in videos posted by content creators aren't compelling enough for the company to rethink it's strategy regarding the balance of these rewards, maybe the participation data to follow will be. I'm wishing nothing but the best for the future of this game. It really is awesome on so many levels.
    edited February 2020

But it’s still the end of a 5 year story and people have spent hundreds if not thousands to end up getting stuck with terrible rewards.
    So because the Storyline is ending then the Rewards should be 5 years-worth? Act 6 hasn't run for 5 years. They're the Rewards for Act 6. As for spending, that's a choice. You can either wait, or spend money. That's all spending has ever done is save time. What it entitles people to is access to whatever they spent on. Not added Rewards to what is already scaled for the content.
    Come on man. It's the long anticipated culmination of the entire story arc. Of course people (rightly) expected something special. Act 4 rewards and act 5 rewards were fantastic at the time. These rewards are not. No one is saying that they are useless, and no one is asking for the moon. We worked hard to grind out act 5 because we wanted the rewards. The overwhelming consensus is that there is no reason to do that with act 6. If you drop your platitudes about "scaled for the content" and look at it objectively maybe you'll see why this is a problem lol. I won't hold my breath though.
    That's just it. It's not a culmination of all 6 Acts. It's Act 6, and what they're giving is proportional to what it is. Now, if they decided to offer something else to all those who have completed all 6, I could see that. However, Act 6 Rewards are for Act 6. Not all 6.
    They're the Rewards for Act 6. Not the last 5 years, the whole story arc, the money spent on doing it, the next year of the game, et al.

But it’s still the end of a 5 year story and people have spent hundreds if not thousands to end up getting stuck with terrible rewards.
    So because the Storyline is ending then the Rewards should be 5 years-worth? Act 6 hasn't run for 5 years. They're the Rewards for Act 6. As for spending, that's a choice. You can either wait, or spend money. That's all spending has ever done is save time. What it entitles people to is access to whatever they spent on. Not added Rewards to what is already scaled for the content.
    Come on man. It's the long anticipated culmination of the entire story arc. Of course people (rightly) expected something special. Act 4 rewards and act 5 rewards were fantastic at the time. These rewards are not. No one is saying that they are useless, and no one is asking for the moon. We worked hard to grind out act 5 because we wanted the rewards. The overwhelming consensus is that there is no reason to do that with act 6. If you drop your platitudes about "scaled for the content" and look at it objectively maybe you'll see why this is a problem lol. I won't hold my breath though.
    That's just it. It's not a culmination of all 6 Acts. It's Act 6, and what they're giving is proportional to what it is. Now, if they decided to offer something else to all those who have completed all 6, I could see that. However, Act 6 Rewards are for Act 6. Not all 6.
    Well yes. Using your logic. Act 5, JUST act 5, allowed the first r5 champ of your choosing AND a generic 5* so u could awaken said champ. Act 4 same thing but with 4*. Seems logical to extend the same for the next level of progression in act 6 to r3 a 6* of YOUR choice. Furthermore, act 5 represented the first time in game that a player could reach the next level of progression which in that case was a 5*. Well kabam already allowed whales that advantage by simply paying for it, which has never before been the case in the game. Furthermore, they released abyss that enabled people who did not drop $100k to r3 a 6*. You are being illogical.
    The game was at a different place when Act 5 finished. It was at the point of Max 5*s. Generic Gems weren't as rare as a Generic 6* is now. We're only at R3 6*s being the ceiling.
  • cityofenochcityofenoch Member Posts: 45

SLIPDRAG said:

Kabam, you seriously dropped the ball with Act 6 rewards and I hope you review/revisit them. They are beyond mediocre and not at all worth the effort. Nothing in there is getting me excited to blast through and push for completion and/or exploration. Please reconsider updating the rewards. Thank you!

We will not be changing them. As we said with the earlier Chapters, we chose to spread more of the Rewards out over the Chapters, and put less emphasis on the Act rewards this time, so players could use them earlier.
    I feel like there are actually some nice rewards mixed in here. If you add it all up, some of the rewards are quite solid. Really, there's some great stuff in there. And to be fair, I think the statement added to the announcement written by the team was great. That they realize there were some hiccups in the past and really want to make sure the act ends on a good note. I thought that was awesome. And I'm looking forward to seeing the final version of the content. I truly believe it's designers do want us to have a challenging, yet rewarding experience playing it.

I think the problem is found in the final act rewards though. Specifically the top 2-3 items. I think those are what's giving folks a bad sense about this. Obviously, the largest complaints are that they are random class, not to scale with previous acts relative to the state of the game and simply not a great value from an effort to reward perspective. When you consider the entire scope of effort required for full exploration of the act, it's just not there for some players. A feeling of balance (effort to reward). From what I've seen so far, some content creators seem to agree with the rest of the community on this as well.

That said, it's their game. They have the right to set the rewards to whatever they deem appropriate. And then we in turn, have the option to decide if we are still interested in playing it. Unfortunately, as it is, I think some will decide they are not. At least in the full participation in this particular content anyway. I personally, will most likely finish the completion. However the motivation to fully explore the act isn't there for me at the moment. As I said, I'm excited for the new content. It's just a matter of effort/reward ratio. If a consumer/supporter of a product invests their time and/or money in something. It has to feel worth it to them. Simple as that. If the opinions expressed here on the forum and in videos posted by content creators aren't compelling enough for the company to rethink it's strategy regarding the balance of these rewards, maybe the participation data to follow will be. I'm wishing nothing but the best for the future of this game. It really is awesome on so many levels.
    The biggest challenge is when kabam released abyss they opened up the next level of progression which end game players have been starving for, as this has been one of the slowest paths to next level progression the game has seen. For better or for worse, Kabam established a level of expectation based on investment of time and effort to complete abyss that act 6, which is harder, would match or have some kind of balanced rewards for the incredible investment of time and resources. In the end, the top tier rewards are less than half of what abyss grants. That is discouraging and dealt a serious blow to people’s interest in pushing to explore act 6.
  • cityofenochcityofenoch Member Posts: 45
    MattMan said:

I just watched BGs vid and it confuses me. He talked about how as a f2p player he's well behind the endgame spenders and almost like playing a different game. Because of that, these mostly 5* rewards are great.

He said he doesn't want a generic awakening gem or class cat selector or 300 6* sig stones because he could only get one champ to about sig 100 and that can't compete with the spenders. This really makes no sense to me. Would it not make more sense for him to want more gems and shards and sig stones so that he would have the ability to get champs to r3 and have a chance to earn more rewards with better prestige then only one random gem, one random cat and 0 sig stones so he has almost no chance to get a 6* to r3??

I do agree with a lot of his thoughts about how they sold 6* champs and t5b way too early. It really feels like they're trying to show the progression with these rewards which IMO only hurt the f2p player as the spenders can just buy it all anyway.

Ya his video was really off, I disagreed with most aspects. The title is misleading, its not the F2P perspective, its solely his as a lot of the points he comes up with isnt in the eyes of an average f2p but from the eyes of his account where 6 stars may be very hit or miss(some f2p have some great 6 star rosters). He also mentions that a T5CC wont help him since most of his candidates arent awakened but then he never discusses the availability of awakening gems in Act 6 which is really strange. Also he says how his rank 5 roster will increase by 30% but thats not the aim of Story rewards. End of story rewards are supposed to increase your account vertically not horizontally(well both but vertically is def the golden reward in there). Also where will you use that many rank 5s? I have around 10 and I dont even use a few of them weekly so idk what he is gonna do with 35ish. He does mention that he enjoyed the Act 5 structure which I do agree and that T5CC were released too early. Overall it doesnt even seem whales are happy due to the sheer rng effect.
    I agree with you. His video was from HIS point of view and selfishly focused on his unique desire to expand his 5* R5’s. Cool goal bro...but not one shared with many. He doesn’t have a good 6* to rank up so these rewards look good to him. But this is also a guy who defended 12.0 so I’m not the least bit surprised. Don’t get me wrong I like a lot of his videos but he doesn’t really advocate for the community

He has a 6* human torch! Easily r3 worthy and would be a nice prestige boost for him even at s20 is just under 10900. It would greatly benefit him with only the current sig stones he has in his cache.