**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Mostly I'm just disappointed/sad. I've been competitive in this game for years with limited spending (mostly on guaranteed value items, not crystals). That has been eroded (which started with featured cav crystals). I love that people spend on this game and they should have an advantage over those that don't (or even spend minimally), but that gap is now huge. I will be forced to drop out of a top 20 AQ alliance that I have been in for several years because I just can't keep up. I have 29 6*, maybe 2 or 3 that I would even take to r3 (not to mention having to awaken them and get their sig high enough to matter). So now I'm forced to either spend or drop out of competitive play. I will choose the latter, but that, in turn, will likely diminish my interest in the game. Can I get a release date on MROC?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Mostly I'm just disappointed/sad. I've been competitive in this game for years with limited spending (mostly on guaranteed value items, not crystals). That has been eroded (which started with featured cav crystals). I love that people spend on this game and they should have an advantage over those that don't (or even spend minimally), but that gap is now huge. I will be forced to drop out of a top 20 AQ alliance that I have been in for several years because I just can't keep up. I have 29 6*, maybe 2 or 3 that I would even take to r3 (not to mention having to awaken them and get their sig high enough to matter). So now I'm forced to either spend or drop out of competitive play. I will choose the latter, but that, in turn, will likely diminish my interest in the game. Can I get a release date on MROC?

I believe this is why BG dropped from his alliance because he saw the writing on the wall that he simply can't keep up. I'm a minimal spender but I know for a fact you simply can't get the sig stones needed or the t5cc to keep up with top 20 alliances anymore being f2p.
    The gap has never been wider and the only thing keeping the gap wider is the random rng with AOL and act 6.4 full exploration. Skill should be rewarded on who is able to complete act 6.4 first and AOL first to be able to keep up with the end game but the random rng makes it impossible at this point.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    edited February 2020
    Slapdash said:

H3t3r said:

Slapdash said:

H3t3r said:

Slapdash said:

Any changes on the Darkhawk boss? That fight is incredibly unfair, requiring either the single counter (Torch) to get through effectively, or a ton of units.

What are the nodes?
    Spiked armor, if you crit with physical contact, you'll damage yourself heavily. You also need to be immune to incinerate, so you can bait out sp1s, to avoid his sp2 phase that makes you miss. You cant stop the incinerate or spiked armor with ability accuracy reduction, and knocking him down will put him in his shield mode, making him tanky and autoblock constantly. If you have to knock him down, then, you need true accuracy or true strike. Additionally, modifying his healing will not work, and kill you (Lionheart), and you cant use the same special 2 times in a row (Hurt Locker).
    I wouldn't worry about the incernrate as its 25% of base attack. Might use hyperion and just rotate between sp1 and sp2. But that fight hopefully will change
    If you can play around it with Hyperion, then more power to you, though I dont know how you'll possibly pull that off. Also, 25% of his attack is nearly 7000 damage, so it's no small amount of pain. 4 or 5 will kill unboosted champs.
    7000 is 25% of his modified attack not base attack . His base attack is probably like 4 to 5 thousand so that incernrate isnt going to be hitting all the hard
    Edit: some guy named SavageToby had a near solo using unduped 6* corvus got him down to 30% the incernrate was ticking for 81 dmg so not much there.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom no need to reply as @Lvernon15 has already covered it. Act 6 exploration doesn't do what act 5 exploration did for your roster. Even without the Abyss this would still be true. At the very least, completion should give a class gem and exploration a generic, completion a t5cc crystal and exploration a class selector. Those two things would at least allow a guaranteed pay off for the effort without breaking the game.

Like I said, 6*s are not where 5*s were at the end of Act 5.
  • SlapdashSlapdash Posts: 39
    H3t3r said:

Slapdash said:

H3t3r said:

Slapdash said:

H3t3r said:

Slapdash said:

Any changes on the Darkhawk boss? That fight is incredibly unfair, requiring either the single counter (Torch) to get through effectively, or a ton of units.

What are the nodes?
    Spiked armor, if you crit with physical contact, you'll damage yourself heavily. You also need to be immune to incinerate, so you can bait out sp1s, to avoid his sp2 phase that makes you miss. You cant stop the incinerate or spiked armor with ability accuracy reduction, and knocking him down will put him in his shield mode, making him tanky and autoblock constantly. If you have to knock him down, then, you need true accuracy or true strike. Additionally, modifying his healing will not work, and kill you (Lionheart), and you cant use the same special 2 times in a row (Hurt Locker).
    I wouldn't worry about the incernrate as its 25% of base attack. Might use hyperion and just rotate between sp1 and sp2. But that fight hopefully will change
    If you can play around it with Hyperion, then more power to you, though I dont know how you'll possibly pull that off. Also, 25% of his attack is nearly 7000 damage, so it's no small amount of pain. 4 or 5 will kill unboosted champs.
    7000 is 25% of his modified attack not base attack . His base attack is probably like 4 to 5 thousand so that incernrate isnt going to be hitting all the hard
    Edit: some guy named SavageToby had a near solo using unduped 6* corvus got him down to 30% the incernrate was ticking for 81 dmg so not much there.
    That's really weak, I guess it does ignore those champion boosts. Wierd that Kabam did that.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

@GroundedWisdom no need to reply as @Lvernon15 has already covered it. Act 6 exploration doesn't do what act 5 exploration did for your roster. Even without the Abyss this would still be true. At the very least, completion should give a class gem and exploration a generic, completion a t5cc crystal and exploration a class selector. Those two things would at least allow a guaranteed pay off for the effort without breaking the game.

6*r3s today are more available than 5*r5 back then (the latter wasn't actually available at all until Act 5 exploration). And yet Act 5 let you r5 a 5* of your choosing whereas Act 6 doesn't let you r3 a 6* of your choosing. This is the biggest complaint of the players who have been working on exploring the whole of Act 6, myself included.
    arsjum said:

6*r3s today are more available than 5*r5 back then (the latter wasn't actually available at all until Act 5 exploration). And yet Act 5 let you r5 a 5* of your choosing whereas Act 6 doesn't let you r3 a 6* of your choosing. This is the biggest complaint of the players who have been working on exploring the whole of Act 6, myself included.
    You were taking a 5* to Max at the end of Act 5. They were Duped much more, and the game had already seen a number of Gems flow through. While rare, a 5* Gen Gem wasn't as rare as a 6* Gen Gem is now. I think the argument is just an extension of the complaint about pulls, TBH. People aren't happy with their RNG and they want to be able to Awaken whoever they want. While they're free to feel that way, the Reward structure isn't there yet. There's only 1 Gen Gem in existence, for 100% of Abyss.

Hey all,

I wanted to let you know that we are still talking about some changes to rewards, and we currently have some plans but have not finalized them yet.

Off the bat, I want to point out that the T5CC Crystal and 6-Star Rank Up Gem Crystal are not changing, but we agree that the rewards here now are tailored more for 5-Stars, and players that are 100%ing Act 6 would probably like to grow their 6-Star Roster.

The first completion will still be geared more towards growing/empowering your 5-Star Roster, but 100% Exploration will be geared towards 6-Star Champions.

Thank you for your patience, and your feedback. We'll have more information for you soon.

Thank you for listening to the community. I'm perfectly fine with exploration catering more to 6 stars and completion catering more to just 5 stars.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Hey all,

I wanted to let you know that we are still talking about some changes to rewards, and we currently have some plans but have not finalized them yet.

Off the bat, I want to point out that the T5CC Crystal and 6-Star Rank Up Gem Crystal are not changing, but we agree that the rewards here now are tailored more for 5-Stars, and players that are 100%ing Act 6 would probably like to grow their 6-Star Roster.

The first completion will still be geared more towards growing/empowering your 5-Star Roster, but 100% Exploration will be geared towards 6-Star Champions.

Thank you for your patience, and your feedback. We'll have more information for you soon.

Good to hear Miike, glad you’re taking our feedback on board.
  • ShreddnesssShreddnesss Posts: 40
    edited February 2020

Hey all,

6-star rank up gem crystal ? Did I miss something ?
  • cityofenochcityofenoch Posts: 45

Hey all,

6-star rank up gem crystal ? Did I miss something ?
    My guess is he meant awakening gem crystal.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★

Hey all,

Great news that you guys are revisiting this @Kabam Miike but I'm not sure where there's a 6-Star Rank Up Gem Crystal. The only rank up gems in completion and exploration are for 5-Star Champs, was that a typo?:

• Hey all,

What do you mean by not changing? As in not being converted into a selector and generic? Or not changing in terms of amounts? Kinda confused here lol. Btw thanks for the update on the situation.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Great to know you’re taking the feedback into consideration
    WHOz_R4GE said:

So basically they confirm the two items that we are saying need to be changed won’t be changed.

Let’s wait and see what they change/ add before reaching a conclusion. I share your initial concern but let’s allow them time to respond which is encouraging to hear.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★

WHOz_R4GE said:

So basically they confirm the two items that we are saying need to be changed won’t be changed.

Let’s wait and see what they change/ add before reaching a conclusion. I share your initial concern but let’s allow them time to respond which is encouraging to hear.
    I’m still hopeful, but he all but confirmed they aren’t touching the T5CC gem and random 6 star awakening gem. Any other changes are irrelevant at least in my opinion.

WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

I’m still hopeful, but he all but confirmed they aren’t touching the T5CC gem and random 6 star awakening gem. Any other changes are irrelevant at least in my opinion.

I agree. However, it is possible they could add to them. That at least is better. Tho personally, I’d rather get one t5c selector and a grey ag gem then three t5cc or ag crystals. Let’s see what they do to make it more desirable.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 98 ★★

Hey all,

I appreciate that you guys are looking into this but i have to still say that you guys are still not understanding how we feel. If you beat the 6.2.6 Champion boss your skill level and roster has to be top tier and no amount of units will let you push past that not to mention what ever kind of clown fiesta the collector is going to be. If YOU EVEN COMPLETE act6 without using mercs or bots you and your roster are top of the line and you do not care about measly 5 stars and 5 star resources at this point. Don’t get me wrong they’re nice but they aren’t what you are going to hurry up and smash out the content for. Everything for this last chapter should be completely aimed at 6 stars with some small 5 star things thrown in. I’m sorry, but i feel like that’s just what it is currently in this game YOU GUYS created. Know your customers.
    WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

Hmmm I didn't realize he said that upon my initial response. I'm going to exercise a wait and see approach because even if the T5CC crystal may not change they may add an additional crystal or selector with 50%. We just don't know yet.
    WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

He said the 6* Rank-Up Gem.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Hmm that is really good to hear however the main concern was the T5CC and awakening gem which isnt being changed(I am assuming you meant awakening instead of rankup). Curious to see how you will improve it.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,170 ★★★★★

WHOz_R4GE said:

WHOz_R4GE said:

He said the 6* Rank-Up Gem.
    Yes with ain’t in there either so either he made a typos with happened it humanity to made mistake