**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

What’s the reason behind your username?

Comments

• DevilMayCryDevilMayCry Posts: 77
    DMC was one of the first games I played after Roadrash ofcourse with proper animations, story... Really enjoyed it.

Not sure if it is very popular in other countries though.

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    I lack imagination so its my first name and the colour of my dirty old sub 4 to 60mph street car.

• LosPayosRangelsLosPayosRangels Posts: 54
    Mine is a Spanish joke about some of our people's pronounciation of Los Power Rangers
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    My name came from Minecraft i was a expert spider killer and thats where my name and the no 568 is the no of minecraft spiders i have killed so far
  • FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    edited May 2020
    I am writing a book and one of the characters name is Ferox , who I totally don’t use as a self insert to coop with everyday life. Another is called Fossa, I started with that one and decided to split the name, Ferox means ferocious. The ‘X’ is because I am an X-men fan.

Fat hering is because I don’t have enough blubber to whale, it’s missing an ‘r’ because I should study my craft more instead of playing arena

Fossa Ferox:

• BłADEBłADE Posts: 148
    well i like blade lol the movie as well lets not forget about that
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★

My user name comes from the book Ivanhoe. At one point in the story, Richard Coeur de Lion (the lion hearted) returns to England having escaped from captivity. He disguises himself as a Black Knight so he can gather his supporters without alerting his brother John of his return, as Prince John is trying to usurp the throne. He enters a tournament, still in disguise, but holds back for most of it lest he reveal himself through his prowess. The crowd begins to boo him and they start calling him Le Noir Faineant... The Black Sluggard. I've used that name for years.

I love Ivanhoe! The movie is still one of my favorites, right up there with Errol Flynn’s Robin Hood.

I am writing a book and one of the characters name is Ferox , who I totally don’t use as a self insert to coop with everyday life. Another is called Fossa, I started with that one and decided to split the name, Ferox means ferocious. The ‘X’ is because I am an X-men fan.

Fat hering is because I don’t have enough blubber to whale, it’s missing an ‘r’ because I should study my craft more instead of playing arena

Fossa Ferox:

I’m going to assume you misspelled cope just to further the joke
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    My old school gamer name Messenjah (from a P.O.D. song) was taken! I'm a old school gamer from back in the good old days before fornite and call of duty!! I'm talkiing Doom, Quake, Team Fortress Classic and Counter Strike 1.2 days! SO I did a play on names of the character from one of the greatest game series ever! ( they need to make a movie of it!!) God of War! Kratos the god of war ...I'm the Wayne of war...lol!
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★

• CotziCotzi Posts: 90
    Mine is my brother name and mine and 08
    AtoZ0to9 said:

It said to pick a username with the characters A to Z and 0 to 9

Never thought about it that way
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    nickname since high school...and literally the first number that came to mind
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    @SpideyFunko yes i am a great ghost player actually xD

@SpideyFunko yes i am a great ghost player actually xD

Impressive. Most impressive.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Way back when I first played an online multiplayer game I had the hardest time finding a name that wasn't already taken. I finally ended up finding the name Werewrym (pronounced "where-worm") in a Dungeons and Dragons book I was reading at the time and thought it was perfect for two reasons. First it has such an odd spelling I never have to worry about anyone using it, and second it sounds pretty cool, and it's the name of a black dragon, which only added to the coolness factor.
    Werewrym said:

Way back when I first played an online multiplayer game I had the hardest time finding a name that wasn't already taken. I finally ended up finding the name Werewrym (pronounced "where-worm") in a Dungeons and Dragons book I was reading at the time and thought it was perfect for two reasons. First it has such an odd spelling I never have to worry about anyone using it, and second it sounds pretty cool, and it's the name of a black dragon, which only added to the coolness factor.

Now I have that D&D Beyond theme stuck in my head again, thanks. Nice name though.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Don't want to be an a** sorry, but shouldn't it be wyrm and not wrym?
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Mine is to reflect on my background as an opera singer.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Werewrym said:

Don't want to be an a** sorry, but shouldn't it be wyrm and not wrym?
    Nope. That's actually how it is spelled.

http://lexicon.dragonlancenexus.com/index.php/Werewrym
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    The diminutive of my name is Ben, cause I am a fan of Obiwan BEN Kinobe, I live in a province called Québec, and QC is the acronym. As for Slayer it's simple... BenQC is a Slayer of evil people!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,248 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Another dragon! Greetings, brother!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1200046/#Comment_1200046

The diminutive of my name is Ben, cause I am a fan of Obiwan BEN Kinobe, I live in a province called Québec, and QC is the acronym. As for Slayer it's simple... BenQC is a Slayer of evil people!

why do you spell his last name kinobe?
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

why do you spell his last name kinobe?
    Not sure what you are aiming at here... but I am certain that you know who I am talking about

I wonder when this thread will die

to be honest I thought it was dead