**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Why did they stop doing Boss Rushes anyways? I used to love those and they stopped doing them right around the same time my roster got good enough to do the UC difficulty of them.

Yeah, they were so fun. I hope they come back again soon.
  • Knorr7227Knorr7227 Posts: 187
    @ESF I agree with more solo type events like a daily boss rush, solo dungeons/incursions, or even a solo type AQ event. I like incursions but don't like having to wait for a partner who has 45mins to an hour to complete a run or take the chance and pair with a random partner who leaves you high a dry midway through..
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    If AW is going to continue being a competitive mode they need to change the release schedule of champs. I hate how the meta can change during a season by the introduction of the two new champs each month. This should be done in the off-season so people can adjust and learn.
  • noregrets100noregrets100 Posts: 28
    Just wanted to add some of my thoughts. The following are some things that I would change:

1. Update the rewards. 6*'s should play a bigger part in the game, and be slightly easier to obtain without having to make purchases. Rank up items should be earned slightly more often as well.

2. Welcome to 2020 (Leave the past years behind, nobody really cares, that 4* use to be highly coveted.) As soon as I reached Uncollected, then Cavalier, I wanted the rewards to be worthy. They are lackluster at this point.

3. AQ and AW at the same time? That's great for those who have rosters to support this, but severely hinders those with limited rosters. Running both at the same time and offering summoners limited time with 100% of their roster is not doing the player base any justice.

4. Tone down on the skill required to advance. Make it fun and slightly challenging. This will win over more of your player base. The players you keep engaged, the more you stand to profit. Currently, it is stupid challenging and barely fun(depending on where you are in the game.) You may find that your team will have an easier time creating content, because they won't be spinning wheels on how to make these unjustly difficult nodes.

5. Ultimately this game needs to find a better balance.

These are just my opinions, and just an outline of things that I would like to see changed.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Knation said:

Also something I’ve noticed is glancing bypass ability accuracy reduction immunity because why not

See, I am glad you are bringing this up because it really gets to the heart of what we’re talking about.

This game is simple on the surface, but it can be really, really hard when it slots nodes with unavoidable damage on them on high health opponents.

When you add in damage mitigation...see, people who don’t wade into this stuff consistently don’t understand how hard this stuff is, even with a high-end roster.

I can do Act 6.2-6.4. I have the roster and skills. I am sitting on 6,000 units RIGHT NOW.

That’s not the issue — it’s not about me, me, me.

Like you pointed out, that is just one fight in Act 6. ONE.

There are people who would get absolutely smoked in just that fight. Just that one!

People who think I am just talking because I want free stuff or easier whatever...no. That is not it at all.

I have gamed long enough to know that if the majority of people are gonna get smoked, some of them are just gonna quit and you cannot have a game last like that

I 100% everything in the contest but Abyss and when I make comments about how the game should improve they ignore that part of it and tell me not to play the game or just quit lol. I'm like clearly you're a kabam fanboy which is weird because its just corporation who makes a game, and secondly why would you be mad at people wanting quality of life improvements.

Then you realize they don't play the game on your level and you're 100% wasting your time responding. If I haven't touched act 6.2.6 champion boss and casually play game what real game improvement do I need?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Gmonkey said:

Here is my problem and a lot of end game players
    What do I have to look forward to? I only have abyss to explore that will be 16000-25000 units depending upon my roster and play. I was always behind but I caught up.

Aq needs some quality of life it is not hard just always have to check and be on with maintenance it is worse have to stay up.

Aw is an absolute disaster I have only seen 2 choices for global buffs for 2 seasons flow and siphon it is boring, better have void, warlock doom magik guilotine 2099 on attack or you are screwed.

Monthly quest is boring and time consuming for little rewards vs aq. There is no challenge with monthly content. A weekly boss fight or the maze would be nice and have a challenge. Incursions is fun but it ties up 45 minutes to finish, only reason to do it is gold and get 5 stars to dupe so you can get minimal 6 star shards.

What do you honestly expect though? You've done everything (other than AOL exploration) in the game and Kabam is not to blame for that. Everything Kabam puts out, endgame players finish in the first day or few days. So I don't know what solution you would be proposing to your problem because that's just the way it works for endgame players.
    Cavalier difficulty of the monthly event quest? Keeps top end players engaged while allowing them to gain resources at a faster rate. imo it’s long overdue considering uncollected difficulty was released years ago and has had no changes to rewards (that I remember) and cavalier difficulty is something that has been requested several times.
    I agree with you that Cavalier difficulty should be added. But it will be the same situation. Endgame players will finish it in the first few days and feel accomplished for a tiny bit of time, then will be bored for the rest of the month. If one is to enjoy their time playing MCOC, they must space out their time playing because there isn't unlimited content in the game. Many endgame players will finish Cavalier difficulty right away and call it a day. That's just the way it works for endgame players in MCOC and pretty much most other games.
    But it does give them that little bit more each month, and helps players like myself that are pretty far in the game but aren’t quite ready to explore act 6 as we need to expand our roster some more with better champs and more materials.

RKO_me said:

Time to put in my two cents as to what changes I would like to see for MCOC:

1.Have Nexus crystals be a regular part of the game. This can be implemented by having summoners spend three times the amount to get a nexus crystal. For example, a 5* nexus crystal would cost 30k 5* shards (10k shards per champ in the nexus crystal). Implementing nexus crystals into the game will help solve the most MAJOR problem in the game of only needing 20 or so champs to complete difficult or endgame content. I also would like to point out that nexus crystals don't eliminate the RNG part of the game, which I think still has its place.

2. Shorten Alliance Quest maps and Alliance War season. I suggest Alliance Quest maps be shortened to two sections (first section and boss section) and Alliance War season be cut in half and by extension, the season rewards in half. Alliance quest is long, highly repetitive and requires players to log in many times a day. Changing the format of the alliance quest map to only two sections will cut Alliance quest timing by more than a third and reduce the need to log in multiple times a day. By cutting Alliance War seasons in half, this will lower the amount of Alliance War season stress and by extension, burnout.

3. Remove repetitive nature of questing. I suggest reducing event/story quest paths to a maximum of 5 per map. Having to defeat an event quest final boss 7 times and having to defeat an endgame content boss 5+ times can become frustrating, repetitive and boring. Let me be clear and say that I am not advocating for lesser energy consumption. Energy consumption as it stands now I believe is fair. In this same vein, no singular path should consume more than 70 energy.

4. Be able to use champions in multiple forms of content at the same time. I advocate that champions used in alliance war OR alliance quest should also be able to be used for story/event questing. The implementation of not being able to use the same characters in different game modes feels arbitrary and restrictive. Players shouldn't feel the need to leave an alliance for a few weeks so they can finally finish up tougher content with their best champs without interruptions. Champions used for alliance war (offense and defense) should continue to not be able to be used in alliance quest at the same time, and vice versa.

5. Eliminate or reduce specificity for content. I find many node combo's with specific champions too hard for 98% of champs to get over in endgame content (6.2 Mr. Sinister for example). Clearing difficult content should not require VERY highly specific champs and synergies, but require some specific champs and skill (see Grandmaster fight). Hard content requires the best champs to complete it and I believe there is still a place for players to seek top level champions to make clearing content easier (see point 1 to better solve issue of getting those champions). Additionally, champion gates in 6.2 should either be eliminated outright or tweaked to be more forgiving to the average player. Hard gating systems that require specific size rosters acquired by either buying units for crystals or putting in many hours, months, or even years turn players off to the game.

30K shards is a horrendous deal for a nexus crystal. You’re paying for three champs but only get to keep one. That’s just bad value. A good price would be 15K shards but the optimal price would be 12,500 shards. Less than a featured since you won’t be able to get access to the new champs but more than a basic because it’s inherently more valuable.
    Also 30k for one champion means you basically opened 3 cystals as well. So it completely takes out the purpose of a Nexus. Please retract #1, Kabam as terrible as they are wouldn't even approve of that deal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

RKO_me said:

1.Have Nexus crystals be a regular part of the game. This can be implemented by having summoners spend three times the amount to get a nexus crystal. For example, a 5* nexus crystal would cost 30k 5* shards (10k shards per champ in the nexus crystal). Implementing nexus crystals into the game will help solve the most MAJOR problem in the game of only needing 20 or so champs to complete difficult or endgame content. I also would like to point out that nexus crystals don't eliminate the RNG part of the game, which I think still has its place.

2. Shorten Alliance Quest maps and Alliance War season. I suggest Alliance Quest maps be shortened to two sections (first section and boss section) and Alliance War season be cut in half and by extension, the season rewards in half. Alliance quest is long, highly repetitive and requires players to log in many times a day. Changing the format of the alliance quest map to only two sections will cut Alliance quest timing by more than a third and reduce the need to log in multiple times a day. By cutting Alliance War seasons in half, this will lower the amount of Alliance War season stress and by extension, burnout.

3. Remove repetitive nature of questing. I suggest reducing event/story quest paths to a maximum of 5 per map. Having to defeat an event quest final boss 7 times and having to defeat an endgame content boss 5+ times can become frustrating, repetitive and boring. Let me be clear and say that I am not advocating for lesser energy consumption. Energy consumption as it stands now I believe is fair. In this same vein, no singular path should consume more than 70 energy.

4. Be able to use champions in multiple forms of content at the same time. I advocate that champions used in alliance war OR alliance quest should also be able to be used for story/event questing. The implementation of not being able to use the same characters in different game modes feels arbitrary and restrictive. Players shouldn't feel the need to leave an alliance for a few weeks so they can finally finish up tougher content with their best champs without interruptions. Champions used for alliance war (offense and defense) should continue to not be able to be used in alliance quest at the same time, and vice versa.

5. Eliminate or reduce specificity for content. I find many node combo's with specific champions too hard for 98% of champs to get over in endgame content (6.2 Mr. Sinister for example). Clearing difficult content should not require VERY highly specific champs and synergies, but require some specific champs and skill (see Grandmaster fight). Hard content requires the best champs to complete it and I believe there is still a place for players to seek top level champions to make clearing content easier (see point 1 to better solve issue of getting those champions). Additionally, champion gates in 6.2 should either be eliminated outright or tweaked to be more forgiving to the average player. Hard gating systems that require specific size rosters acquired by either buying units for crystals or putting in many hours, months, or even years turn players off to the game.

30K shards is a horrendous deal for a nexus crystal. You’re paying for three champs but only get to keep one. That’s just bad value. A good price would be 15K shards but the optimal price would be 12,500 shards. Less than a featured since you won’t be able to get access to the new champs but more than a basic because it’s inherently more valuable.
    Also 30k for one champion means you basically opened 3 cystals as well. So it completely takes out the purpose of a Nexus. Please retract #1, Kabam as terrible as they are wouldn't even approve of that deal.
    I don't see them making them available for as low as 12,500. They're so special they made them a Reward for Act 6. I can't understand how people think they would come that cheap.
    _ASDF_ said:

Amarrite said:

seems these days it's more about playing perfectly and never getting hit. the ridiculous nodes are getting out of hand. Act 4 was really fun, act 5 started to get silly with the crazy nodes that you can only beat with "Unit man". Act 6 is just too much of a PITA to call fun.

The gap between players that have 4* and 6* is too wide in my opinion. If you haven't played this game for a few years you are stuck at 4* champs until you slowly work your way up. To an extent that's ok, but the difficulty getting a single 6* for a new player is a huge time sink. New players will get turned off on that after a few months.

Name a node in Act 5 that was "unit grabbing". The only fight I can think of that was like that was the Collector.

Also the forward progression of the game should mean that players have to play perfectly. We're not angry with the need to play perfectly and skillfully. What we're angry with are the nodes. For example: Can't Stop Won't Stop.
    Part of the problem is the need to play perfectly. Due to some lanes only allowing for 1-3 champs, one missed input and basically your forced to revive because no other champ can clear the lane.

They announced they wouldn’t use class gates and then went and added node combinations to ensure you can only clear the lane with 1-3 available champs. It’s kinda nuts to have to rank champs for 1-2 lanes and then not need them for much later.

The attack values reflect that the maps are meant to be cleared by R4+ 6*s. They would have the health pool to parry and clear a lane.
    No they don't. 1-3k parry damage is unacceptable for any champion. I don't care if they have 50k health or not.
    edited May 2020
    H3t3r said:

RKO_me said:

I don't see them making them available for as low as 12,500. They're so special they made them a Reward for Act 6. I can't understand how people think they would come that cheap.

Following that logic t5b, rank up gems, t2a, 5* shards should all be very rare as they are rewards in act6 yet their pretty accessible
    Not the same at all. T5CCs are also more rare. Let's not pretend that Nexus Crystals haven't been very few and far between.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

H3t3r said:

RKO_me said:

Following that logic t5b, rank up gems, t2a, 5* shards should all be very rare as they are rewards in act6 yet their pretty accessible
    Not the same at all. T5CCs are also more rare. Let's not pretend that Nexus Crystals haven't been very few and far between.
    But my point still stands. You cant say somethings rare just because it appears in act6 rewards.
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

RKO_me said:

But my point still stands. You cant say somethings rare just because it appears in act6 rewards.
    You can when the example you're comparing it to is readily available in EQ and the Glory Store.
    DNA3000 said:

RKO_me said:

Unlimited, probably not. But in limited quantity, that's different. After all, they allow Sigil players to buy featured 5* crystals for 11k (Cavalier) which is a pretty big discount down from the normal 15k price. The catch is you can only buy one every two weeks. I could see the devs making Nexus 5* crystals available for, say, 15k with a limit of one per month or something. And in that situation, I could see Sigil players getting them for 13k with the same (shared) limit as well. So not totally crazy.

I could also see the reward for first completion of Act 6 be unlocking Nexus crystals at some reasonable price, to facilitate encouraging people to fully explore Act 6 afterwards. As a repeatable purchase, I think the appropriate cost would be somewhere between 15k and 20k, given some appropriate progressional prerequisite for them.
    I could see that. I'd put them closer to the 20k mark, but that's really down to their own brass tacks. I think a Title perhaps, at the end of Act 6, could be an idea.
  • tbos42tbos42 Posts: 61
    There does seem to be many smaller broken pieces that jist aren't getting fixed before all these epic fails. Some that I think are
    1. Duped 6* no shards?
    2. Can't sell 5* s for 6* shards? Not that I want to but keep adding garbage champs then let us sell them.
    3. Why if I am already at level 60, 75% of my solo crystals are xp boosts?
    4. Hulkbuster (and any other) retool given up on?
    5. Aw ends at different times for different allies, why not aq, I sit and watch for 5 hrs to start another.
    6. % of absolutely useless champs added to 6* pool to useful ones is pathetic.
    Outside of Excursions (excellent retool guys) I as well as many are getting burnt out on paying to be beat down by a game we love.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    edited May 2020
    PsyLife said:

Honestly, as a mid game player, the change from act 4 to act 5 is kinda boring. The only other thing I can practice is master EQ, but that gets repetitive. It’s just not fun or worth it.

With you 100%. As a mid-level free-to-play player ACT 5 is garbage. I lost interest after 5.2.3. Not fun at all, too time consuming, and your rewards shouldn't be based on story progress alone. #CHANGETHEREWARDSSYSTEM

RKO_me said:

They’re only special because Kabam has a strange hold on t

RKO_me said:

They’re only so special because Kabam has a stranglehold on releasing them. At their core, they are only a little more valuable than a basic. This is similar to OG Vision. Like Nexus crystals, OG Vision isn’t that great of a champion, at least there is nothing that he can do that Dorm can’t do (aside from heal blocking), but he is still considered special and expensive because Kabam only makes him available every so often. An awakened six star Vision is not worth 30K units (that was the price, right?) but they were able to sell him at that because that’s the only time he’s available. Likewise, Nexus crystals are not worth 100 dollars, it’s just that’s the only time you can get them.
    By that standard, anything in the game is only valuable because Kabam says so and they can devalue anything by giving us whatever we ask for. Except the entire economy of the game, both internal and financial, sets a value based on the current climate. You might think they're only a little more valuable than a Basic, but they're the only Champion Crystal that you have any kind of a choice in for an outcome, and that makes them intrinsically more valuable. Even Featured Crystals narrow down the RNG, but you have no choice at all what the outcome is. We're free to place any value we think on something in the game, but not paying attention to what they offer and what exists currently in the game is a bit blind.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

RKO_me said:

They’re only special because Kabam has a strange hold on t

RKO_me said:

They’re only so special because Kabam has a stranglehold on releasing them. At their core, they are only a little more valuable than a basic. This is similar to OG Vision. Like Nexus crystals, OG Vision isn’t that great of a champion, at least there is nothing that he can do that Dorm can’t do (aside from heal blocking), but he is still considered special and expensive because Kabam only makes him available every so often. An awakened six star Vision is not worth 30K units (that was the price, right?) but they were able to sell him at that because that’s the only time he’s available. Likewise, Nexus crystals are not worth 100 dollars, it’s just that’s the only time you can get them.
    By that standard, anything in the game is only valuable because Kabam says so and they can devalue anything by giving us whatever we ask for. Except the entire economy of the game, both internal and financial, sets a value based on the current climate. You might think they're only a little more valuable than a Basic, but they're the only Champion Crystal that you have any kind of a choice in for an outcome, and that makes them intrinsically more valuable. Even Featured Crystals narrow down the RNG, but you have no choice at all what the outcome is. We're free to place any value we think on something in the game, but not paying attention to what they offer and what exists currently in the game is a bit blind.
    I mean this by no disrespect but that paragraph explains why you and many others disagree.

IMO, Kabam, like any brick and mortar business, that provides the forum for trading of currency for goods. It’s the consumers that dictate value. If kabam provides a Nexus crystal for sale way beyond what summoners are willing to pay and don’t... they’ll lower their offering the next time around. If the current level of discontent continues and effects Kabam’s bottom line... they’ll be far more inclined to listen to quality of life changes that are desired.

Also, the nexus crystal presents an illusion of control. RNG produces the 3 options, you only get to choose after it’s been randomly selected. It at least feels much better to feel like we have some control though! 🤣
    I dont think thats how it works in this game with cavalier crystals or really any offers. Almost everyday there are complaints about offers and how out of touch they are, but the prices rarely budge. Its whales that they cater to when selling offers. At least thats what Ive heard and seen.

Sure the average player may buy here and there, but not as consistent as whales or kabam would of lowered the price on everything by now, but again prices barely budge. 5* gems will only decrease when they become 4* equivalents and 6*s 5*s. This is the argument most are likely to make here. Ive rarely seen these forums respond positively to reducing the price on items.