**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

Charnutz said:

But keep skipping over the whole 6.2 gates being bad but it would be "fun and original" to gate Act 7 to lower rarity champs bc it wouldn't affect you personally thing

Just an idea thrown out there. Nothing more
    I get that. I think it's a very bad one personally and am pretty surprised the amount of support it has based off the arguments that were put forward against the 6.2 gates. There are still people asking for those gates to be removed today even. Gated content can't only be bad when it's detrimental to you is all I'm saying. It's pretty hypocritical to get upset when you don't have good options for gated content and say it's bad design but then support gating other content bc it wouldn't personally affect you.
    What if the folks criticizing the 6.2 gate were different from people suggesting 3*-4* gates for Book 2 Act 1? For example, I dislike the Act 6 gates altogether but am not asking for gates in Act 7 although I have all 3 and 4* champions available.

What you seem to be suggesting is that since some of the players here are now acting selfish, your selfish position on Act 6.2 gates was justified. Is that your point? If yes, I concede and let's move on. That's not the crux of the discontent here. There are more pressing issues some of which have been outlined above. Such as:

--too much RNG in champion and resource acquisition
    --Actc 6 and 7 being not fun but very punishing
    --AQ and AW leading to player burnout
    --Arenas getting stale
    --Monthly events not getting updated
    --solo and alliance events being stale

I am sure there are others.
    I'd personally rather see gates than the ultra specific nodes counters we needed in 6.3 and 6.4. I was in the severe minority of having that opinion about act 6 however.

All I'm saying is that you can't give Kabam a hard time about high tier gates saying it's bad design and then praise lower tier gates and say they're amazing and fun. It's a mixed message. So I would just rather people keep the same message and stick with gates are bad as a whole so the developers look at different avenues to shake up content design instead of trying to figure out whether or not these specific gates are fun but these very slightly different gates are evil.

I'd honestly rather just see more node design that can both benefit and punish a player. Nodes like backblast and Icarus are two of my favorite nodes in the game. Played correctly or by using the right champions on them they can be massive bonuses for you but if you make a mistake or bring the wrong champion against them, you get wrecked.
    I agree with you. I enjoy playing with the stronger champions that I ranked up actually. I don't want to play with especially 4 stars because I no longer rank them past 2 or lower champions either. How about Kabam just doesn't implement gates at all through extreme noding or 4 star and below bans.

Nodes like backblast, icarus are great. I think nodes like no retreat, tunnel vision are hard enough on it own and should stay that way if you're going to have them.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 said:

Yeah, I'm at the point in the game where I've done all the content I can do. But basic gates, and niche counters have got to go. NERF ACT 6. Next update. Just do it. Make it fun and compensate the troubles we went/are going through.

Tevepata said:

Of course, the society and friends are keeping us here and also most of us spent too much money here, so it became a huge investment. That is why is even more annoying. Imo, i do not want spend much more time and money, to suffer with abyss, 100% act6 and the others.

I think these two paragraphs describe exactly how the average mid/high tier mcoc player feels right now. I have the same pulse from nearly all my ally members and my in game contacts. Act6 gated out of content progression the casual players. Gates and bs node combinations (6.2 Champion indestructible with no retreat 🤣, which sick mind thought of that combination and assumed it would be an ok fight to release?) need to change asap. Next update. This whole thing ain’t about act7, that was the cherry on the cake. Game is supposed to be fun, no plain bs with the coverage of “high end” content. And believe me Kabam, people will continue spend and they will spend more, as long as they have fun with the game 😉

• ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    I saw some tweets from CCP members, anyone know when they will announce the changes to us?
    Not sure why they want to keep those a big secret....
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    Arifutera said:

I saw some tweets from CCP members, anyone know when they will announce the changes to us?

trying to hype up what I think will ultimately be a lackluster announcement
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Arifutera said:

Here's a video in regards to what you are talking about.. unfortunately KT1 isn't in the CCP so doesn't have any specifics..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn7UAbXH2mQ
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Arifutera said:

KT1 has a video up about it on YouTube. Apparently the CCP members were given a huge presentation about upcoming changes that have them all very excited. Of course they aren’t at liberty to discuss anything. Interesting that even those who are normally critical of kabam like Katy kandy were impressed by the presentation
    Well that certainly excites me!
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Arifutera said:

KT1 has a video up about it on YouTube. Apparently the CCP members were given a huge presentation about upcoming changes that have them all very excited. Of course they aren’t at liberty to discuss anything. Interesting that even those who are normally critical of kabam like Katy kandy were impressed by the presentation
    Awesome!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★

I think another huge question to answer is...

Would we have been heard if it wasn’t for seatins video ?

It seems like a lot of this feedback has been swirling around for a while, but why did it take a whale Spender with lots of followers to be heard?
    I wish there was better feedback loops.

Because now if Seatin does quit the game, how could we hope for feedback to be heard if he’s gone?

I think we'll survive.