**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Another thing, if changes are made to Act 6 that lessens the difficulty, it is an absolute necessity that there is compensation for the players who have already completed and explored it. I bring this up because I saw on another thread that Miike was unsure if there would be compensation if changes are made to the 6.2.6 Champion boss. It is a necessity that adequate compensation is given, this shouldn’t be a discussion but a basic given.

It's debatable. A fix is one thing. A revamp is another. Those that have completed it will definitely get the updated Rewards. It's just technically not broken. Even if it missed the mark. They might. I'm not opposing it. I can just understand how it's a conversation. Plus, it's difficult to say what's adequate. We all know how that goes. Generic packages go out and it's almost always not enough for some people.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    SteelMan said:

Long waited QoL changes:
    - revamp all rewards in the event tap, especially 7h events, summoner advancement, 1d alliance event.
    and increase the rewards for the rest of them, particularly, gold. as well as change the phc shards to Uncollected/Cavalier shards based on progress.
    - increase the rewards from quest chests,Iso and potions by A LOT!! it's so outdated that it's only aimed towards players with a week progression account!!, make it t5/t6 basic iso, and remove the 75 and 125 basic iso all together from all quests. x3 or x4 for the gold when you defeat any opponent.
    - mastery preset pages.
    - iso received from duping any champions is based on the stars:
    1*= 2 t4b iso/ 2*= 2 t5c iso/ 3*= 8 t5b iso / 4*=same 24 t5c iso/ 5*= 32 t5c iso/ 6*= 50 t5c iso
    - gold received from duping most increase:
    1-2-3*=same. 4*=10k gold/ 5*=50k gold / 6*= 100k gold.
    - arena milestones' shards are based on title ( uncollected / Cavalier / all other)
    - calendar must be revisited, increase the gold overall, to be a total of 250k in total for the whole month for Cav/ 150k for uncollected/100k for the rest
    - put a new button in arena champ select that hides all unavailable champions (on cooldown)
    - an option to turn off offers ads(on/off switch) when opening crystals
    - an option to skip all dialog(on/off switch) in a quest

thanks for reading and I hope you implement them

All I agree with, except 1. Option to skip all dialogue. Because some enjoy reading the dialogue and it may tease future champs and events
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Aburaees said:

How much resource was taken out of the “economy” when all the treasuries were deleted?

If this were a real “economy” those resources should either be redistributed or we should experience some kind of deflation.

The resources most definitely should be distributed evenly back to the members. Not like resources are easy to come by and those treasuries had a lot of stuff that was funded by the players

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    OmegaMan said:

Aburaees said:

How much resource was taken out of the “economy” when all the treasuries were deleted?

If this were a real “economy” those resources should either be redistributed or we should experience some kind of deflation.

The resources most definitely should be distributed evenly back to the members. Not like resources are easy to come by and those treasuries had a lot of stuff that was funded by the players

How about no, that would be absurd. Imagine a new player with very little gold and battle chips who joins an old alliance with a big treasury. redistributing will only give him resource he has not earned in any way. People asking to split the resource should also think about other scenarios like Kabam has to and not just throw balls against the wall and hope one would stick. That said, I think this was handled very bad. My idea would be to restore the alliance treasury for all alliances minus the last time everyone made donation after calculating map cost( I am assuming this is possible since this is what is going to be done anyway) . Lock down the treasury so that no more donations can be done. And make buying tickets using treasury possible till it becomes too low. This will not affect the dumps already that have taken place, but atleast it will not punish a majority of the honest alliances for something that few alliances have done. But any additional cheating will be stopped by this. I can't think of any negative for this idea, please tell me if I am wrong
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

Aburaees said:

Only in tickets, or AQ specific resources. Not Gold, BCs, or Loyalty.
  • jacboonjacboon Posts: 39

OmegaMan said:

Aburaees said:

I'm pretty sure the post said we would get refunded in tickets based on previous contributions. Unless I've got that wrong I have no issue with this.

OmegaMan said:

Aburaees said:

I’d disagree. What was in the treasury should be given back to the people that put it in. They didn’t put in tickets they put in gold, BC, and Loyalty. ALL of which can be used for other things

Also, an easy way to vamp up the Daily Catalyst events that anyone rarely does past Act 4 is to add a Class Signature Stone to each path in the Class Catalyst quest. On Monday, each of the paths has a Mutant Signature Stone, since it's a Mutant Catalyst day. Easy has 2* Sigs, Medium 3*s, Hard 4*s, and Expert, 5*s. It increases player traffic into the quests as well as helps with the Signature Stone problem.
    Fjolnir said:

Alliances who legitimately built up their treasury for years are getting shafted with this new ticket system.

But why are you building the Treasury up? It's like hoarding for the off-chance of an Apocalypse. There's no point in doing that
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Fjolnir said:

Alliances who legitimately built up their treasury for years are getting shafted with this new ticket system.

But why are you building the Treasury up? It's like hoarding for the off-chance of an Apocalypse. There's no point in doing that
    No point discussing why they did it back then, it doesn't help the now haha
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

OmegaMan said:

Aburaees said:

I’d disagree. What was in the treasury should be given back to the people that put it in. They didn’t put in tickets they put in gold, BC, and Loyalty. ALL of which can be used for other things

That would be too complicated. I've been in about 6 alliances since I started playing. Shall I get back all I contributed to them? Some of those treasuries still might have some if the resources I contributed given their donation costs might have been higher than they actually needed. We all benefitted from the rewards while we were donating those resources.

My main issue with all this is the imbalance in costs for mixed map alliances. They need to figure out a solution for that. Or a way to redistribute AQ rewards based on maps you took part in, over a week of AQ so the ones doing harder maps at higher costs don't feel as if they are carrying others.

So if you to part in 3x map6 and the rest of the week you did map 5, while another player did 5x map5, you get a different set of rewards or bonus rewards (sort of like the honor rewards) for doing that higher map.

Or increase the honor rewards and distribute them based on map you take part in daily/weekly. That way the costs of tickets feel worth it for the map 6 and 7 players.
    Bugmat78 said:

OmegaMan said:

OmegaMan said:

Aburaees said:

That would be too complicated. I've been in about 6 alliances since I started playing. Shall I get back all I contributed to them? Some of those treasuries still might have some if the resources I contributed given their donation costs might have been higher than they actually needed. We all benefitted from the rewards while we were donating those resources..
    No it’s the treasury from the alliance you are in. Not referring to past alliances.

There’s no win here. The alliances get screwed and the players that donated to the treasury. We have people that don’t play the same maps. So they get tickets for maps they will never run? The whole idea is just ignorant. It’s a bad system and hoses the players and alliances that don’t run the same maps.

Map 6 players have to pay the whole cost For the alliance. Map 5 or less players don’t have to contribute any costs. Again that’s for alliances that run map 6 and other maps. Not every alliance has members that can run map 6 and above ALL THE TIme so we split it up.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

Bugmat78 said:

OmegaMan said:

OmegaMan said:

Aburaees said:

That would be too complicated. I've been in about 6 alliances since I started playing. Shall I get back all I contributed to them? Some of those treasuries still might have some if the resources I contributed given their donation costs might have been higher than they actually needed. We all benefitted from the rewards while we were donating those resources..
    No it’s the treasury from the alliance you are in. Not referring to past alliances.

There’s no win here. The alliances get screwed and the players that donated to the treasury. We have people that don’t play the same maps. So they get tickets for maps they will never run? The whole idea is just ignorant. It’s a bad system and hoses the players and alliances that don’t run the same maps.

Map 6 players have to pay the whole cost For the alliance. Map 5 or less players don’t have to contribute any costs. Again that’s for alliances that run map 6 and other maps. Not every alliance has members that can run map 6 and above ALL THE TIme so we split it up.
    Second part of my previous post is a possible solution to the map costs in this new world - create a daily reward system for people who have to buy tickets and do maps that cost playing - give them special daily map crystals that will reward better things (but in small enough quantities that won't break the game) eg t2a/t5cc/t5b.

We know the graphics design team at kabam love making new crystals..these could be neon purple witha ticket frozen inside them :D

As to the past donations/treasury situation I'm not sure there is a perfect solution - splitting it up and returning to players wont work because in many cases not everyone donated the same. Even when alliances have donation costs what ppl actually put in varied dependent on bargaining between members etc. Also technically donations would have been "used" in AQ up to this week...the ones hoarding for rainy days are the ones with the biggest issue...they had excessive donation costs going back years, but they would have never gotten them back. That was only good for themt be able to have weeks off from donating. With maps mostly going free that's a moot issue outside maps 6 & 7...I'm not sure you can help these w/o giving the merc/loaders an in somehow either.

Possibly only another round of general/generic COMPENSATION could begin to fix that issue lol. I think the big issue here is that the proposed refund is in tickets - useless to someone like myself who doesn't plan to run map 6 or 7. Better to give each person some generic resources that's an average of what their records show the community spent on the past few months of AQ.
    edited May 2020
    Mughal50X said:

How about fixing this?

And how would Kabam fix this? You made the mistake of going random. That's on you.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Another thing, if changes are made to Act 6 that lessens the difficulty, it is an absolute necessity that there is compensation for the players who have already completed and explored it. I bring this up because I saw on another thread that Miike was unsure if there would be compensation if changes are made to the 6.2.6 Champion boss. It is a necessity that adequate compensation is given, this shouldn’t be a discussion but a basic given.

It's debatable. A fix is one thing. A revamp is another. Those that have completed it will definitely get the updated Rewards. It's just technically not broken. Even if it missed the mark. They might. I'm not opposing it. I can just understand how it's a conversation. Plus, it's difficult to say what's adequate. We all know how that goes. Generic packages go out and it's almost always not enough for some people.
    It’s not debatable. Whether it’s a fix or revamp, both warrant compensation. Kabam majorly missed the mark by not giving compensation for the Captain Sparkles Abyss fix and here’s why: they don’t properly test their content. A fix absolutely needs compensation because it means that they didn’t test it properly and put out bugged content. We as players have no way of knowing if it’s bugged or not, so we do it and lose resources that we shouldn’t have because of it. Those resources should be returned once the content is fixed, otherwise two things will occur: people will gradually stop playing content because they will be rightfully concerned that it’s bugged and Kabam doesn’t have a reason to be more thorough in their testing. If they give out compensation for bugged content they put out, then they have more incentive to put their content through more strict internal testing which will ultimately lead to less compensation given and a more satisfied player base.
    It's not bugged though. People want it adjusted. There's a difference.