**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Mughal50X said:

How about fixing this?

And how would Kabam fix this? You made the mistake of going random. That's on you.

Like Matchmaking? I mean nowadays it's common to not go random since it sucks, but what's the point of keeping a random option with the rewards for random room clears if you're getting shafted and noone will use the mode?
    Well if no one's on, what other option are you left with? It's the last resort, one that I admittedly use sometimes. However, I do understand the consequences of using such an unreliable method, but I also understand that it's going to be hard for Kabam to do anything about public matchmaking.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Another thing, if changes are made to Act 6 that lessens the difficulty, it is an absolute necessity that there is compensation for the players who have already completed and explored it. I bring this up because I saw on another thread that Miike was unsure if there would be compensation if changes are made to the 6.2.6 Champion boss. It is a necessity that adequate compensation is given, this shouldn’t be a discussion but a basic given.

It's debatable. A fix is one thing. A revamp is another. Those that have completed it will definitely get the updated Rewards. It's just technically not broken. Even if it missed the mark. They might. I'm not opposing it. I can just understand how it's a conversation. Plus, it's difficult to say what's adequate. We all know how that goes. Generic packages go out and it's almost always not enough for some people.
    It’s not debatable. Whether it’s a fix or revamp, both warrant compensation. Kabam majorly missed the mark by not giving compensation for the Captain Sparkles Abyss fix and here’s why: they don’t properly test their content. A fix absolutely needs compensation because it means that they didn’t test it properly and put out bugged content. We as players have no way of knowing if it’s bugged or not, so we do it and lose resources that we shouldn’t have because of it. Those resources should be returned once the content is fixed, otherwise two things will occur: people will gradually stop playing content because they will be rightfully concerned that it’s bugged and Kabam doesn’t have a reason to be more thorough in their testing. If they give out compensation for bugged content they put out, then they have more incentive to put their content through more strict internal testing which will ultimately lead to less compensation given and a more satisfied player base.
    It's not bugged though. People want it adjusted. There's a difference.
    Captain Sparkles was bugged, she was not taking the correct amount of energy damage. That’s a bug not an adjustment. As for the rest of act 6, it needs a revamp not a fix, since it isn’t bugged content it’s bad content. I only bring up the bug issues because you said that if it’s a fix then it’s debatable that compensation is warranted.
    I'm not talking about Sparkles. They've already said they're not compensating for that. I'm talking about the potential adjustments to Act 6. You said it shouldn't be a conversation. I pointed out how it is.
    edited May 2020

Another thing, if changes are made to Act 6 that lessens the difficulty, it is an absolute necessity that there is compensation for the players who have already completed and explored it. I bring this up because I saw on another thread that Miike was unsure if there would be compensation if changes are made to the 6.2.6 Champion boss. It is a necessity that adequate compensation is given, this shouldn’t be a discussion but a basic given.

It's debatable. A fix is one thing. A revamp is another. Those that have completed it will definitely get the updated Rewards. It's just technically not broken. Even if it missed the mark. They might. I'm not opposing it. I can just understand how it's a conversation. Plus, it's difficult to say what's adequate. We all know how that goes. Generic packages go out and it's almost always not enough for some people.
    It’s not debatable. Whether it’s a fix or revamp, both warrant compensation. Kabam majorly missed the mark by not giving compensation for the Captain Sparkles Abyss fix and here’s why: they don’t properly test their content. A fix absolutely needs compensation because it means that they didn’t test it properly and put out bugged content. We as players have no way of knowing if it’s bugged or not, so we do it and lose resources that we shouldn’t have because of it. Those resources should be returned once the content is fixed, otherwise two things will occur: people will gradually stop playing content because they will be rightfully concerned that it’s bugged and Kabam doesn’t have a reason to be more thorough in their testing. If they give out compensation for bugged content they put out, then they have more incentive to put their content through more strict internal testing which will ultimately lead to less compensation given and a more satisfied player base.
    It's not bugged though. People want it adjusted. There's a difference.
    Captain Sparkles was bugged, she was not taking the correct amount of energy damage. That’s a bug not an adjustment. As for the rest of act 6, it needs a revamp not a fix, since it isn’t bugged content it’s bad content. I only bring up the bug issues because you said that if it’s a fix then it’s debatable that compensation is warranted.
    I'm not talking about Sparkles. They've already said they're not compensating for that. I'm talking about the potential adjustments to Act 6. You said it shouldn't be a conversation. I pointed out how it is.
    You have added literally nothing to this conversation. I said that when act six is changed that compensation is a must. Then you came in and said that if it’s a fix then it’s debatable but no one said it’s a bug fix, it’s a revamp of the content which you even said warrants compensation. I’m baffled as to what your point even was since it seems like we actually agreed that compensation is due for changing content.
    I've added the point that you say it's a must, but it's not a must. It's a conversation. At the very basic level, it's always a conversation. One that usually comes up as a result of a bug fix. Not necessarily a change like this. There was no compensation when Act 4 was dummied, if memory serves. I said I can see how it's a conversation and not a given. You think it is, great. I disagree that it's a must.
    *I never said a change like this warrants it. I said I'm not opposing it.
    Bugmat78 said:

Some people just like to argue..even when there's no argument to be had.

Back on topic - I really hope Kabam are working overtime on directly addressing the most commonly brought up issues in here by the start of June. TO me that's a reasonable amount of time to address things (which doesn't necessarily mean providing a solution, but acknowledging the issues).

Providing that the outbreak has calmed down by then. We want to be reasonable, even if Kabam hasn't been.

Bugmat78 said:

Back on topic - I really hope Kabam are working overtime on directly addressing the most commonly brought up issues in here by the start of June. TO me that's a reasonable amount of time to address things (which doesn't necessarily mean providing a solution, but acknowledging the issues).

Providing that the outbreak has calmed down by then. We want to be reasonable, even if Kabam hasn't been.
    Err... Why? Considering how big of an outrage it needed to have them acknowledge that there even are issues that need to be addressed, I think the last thing we should be thinking about should be concentrate on being the bigger person.
    So it's justified for us to be whining like needy children, incessantly complaining? We gave our opinions, and that's it. Telling Kabam employees to work overtime in such a time is frankly insensitive. I trust that Kabam has heard us. I don't need to constantly vent or give ultimatums. Yes, many of us are frustrated, and yes we want these changes quickly. I get that. But giving Kabam an ultimatum isn't going to do anything. We've seen that they listened since they've gone back to the drawing board with Act 7. We've also given them a lot to think about, so reading through all of these 74 pages of complaints is going to take a bit of time. What we do now is wait. We can confidently say that Kabam's going to consider our opinions in their plans and acknowledge our issues since this whole thing was caused by an uproar from the player base.

I'd say being the bigger person further highlights how Kabam's been the opposite. It gives a message, telling them to "step it up".

Acting like Kabam is going to get us nowhere.

Bugmat78 said:

Err... Why? Considering how big of an outrage it needed to have them acknowledge that there even are issues that need to be addressed, I think the last thing we should be thinking about should be concentrate on being the bigger person.
    So it's justified for us to be whining like needy children, incessantly complaining? We gave our opinions, and that's it. Telling Kabam employees to work overtime in such a time is frankly insensitive. I trust that Kabam has heard us. I don't need to constantly vent or give ultimatums. Yes, many of us are frustrated, and yes we want these changes quickly. I get that. But giving Kabam an ultimatum isn't going to do anything. We've seen that they listened since they've gone back to the drawing board with Act 7. We've also given them a lot to think about, so reading through all of these 74 pages of complaints is going to take a bit of time. What we do now is wait. We can confidently say that Kabam's going to consider our opinions in their plans and acknowledge our issues since this whole thing was caused by an uproar from the player base.

I'd say being the bigger person further highlights how Kabam's been the opposite. It gives a message, telling them to "step it up".

That first sentiment was completely uncalled for, I'll leave it at that.

As to the rest, they looked at act 7 as a result of this outrage. They're hopefully looking at all the other issues as a result of this outrage.

In the meantime they rushed out a change to the whole aq system and they'll yet again only consider and talk about our feedback after the fact.

So far they showed absolutely nothing that suggests that we could comfortably sit down and stay calm in justified hopes of actual improvement, especially regarding their communication with the community.

Of course you are entitled to let them be. I for once do not think they did enough or even promised enough to even think about letting them be.

People are and have been on the verge of quitting since this thread started, many even before that, because of issues presented here. That is not an ultimatum, that's simply the current status quo for those people. And for them nothing changed so far.

Additionally, if we acted like kabam, then we wouldn't communicate our thoughts, problems and concerns. We'd simply take action and quit the game. We as the community have been the bigger person since this thread started, even before that, and have shown immense rationale and understanding so far.

I'm sorry, but painting us the way you do is nothing but an insult to the problems we have and/or see with this game we invested a lot of time and/or money into.

Despite the time this thread has been active, despite kabam's communication being a main issue for many summoners, it's still same old same old.

The devil doesn't need yet another advocate.
    Oh no, don't think I disagree with the feedback that you've been giving. I agree with some of the player base's sentiments. I'm frustrated too, don't get me wrong, but unlike some people, I know that repeatedly venting is not going to do anything. People are acting as if not getting these changes would end their life. Newsflash, it's Kabam that's going to die if they don't sort out their problems. Yes, they looked at Act 7. And now they're going to look at the rest of the issues we presented.

Furthermore, your last statement illustrates the first line in my previous comment. Calling someone a Devil's advocate just because they don't agree with you really does emphasize one's childishness. Furthermore, the way you phrased it, one could take it as saying "we don't want your opinion anymore." Hmmm. Does censoring remind you of anyone?

Just to recap. I don't disagree with the changes you want to make to the game. I'm all for that. My problem is in the way that the solutions are conveyed. Kabam is already feeling the pressure. No need to put more on them. They might just explode.
    You honestly believe all they've given is a teeny bit of acknowledgment?
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    j
    Dshu said:

I still don't understand the obsession a portion of the player base has with 6*s currently. Unless you're competing in top 5-10 AQ spots, they are barely even needed currently.

It's nice to have good ones sure, but a VERY small percentage of players actually need them

Well, that I see the origin of. It started when they were announced, and people swore off anything under a 5*. Then the Gates heightened that, and the very narrow Fights like Sinister and Champion in Act 6 just drove it even further. Of course, that's a byproduct of everyone and their dog plowing through Story now that there are some OP Champs to do it with and many, many videos on it. If I'm being totally honest, I think too many people are doing it too easily now up until Act 6, and their Accounts aren't even developed enough. Not necessarily the people who have been around a long time, but many have started and gone through Act 5 in a matter of months. That's a problem for a number of reasons, and that rush to push through is making people impatient to build their Rosters. Those of us that have been around for years, at least some of us, know it takes time to build. That doesn't stop after a certain point. We're always building. It takes time. The ease of Story now has people thinking they shouldn't have to wait.
    I see many disagrees on this but I think it is absolutely correct. People are advancing to quickly in the story mode using just a handful of champs. It was the reason 12.0 nerfed a handful of champs. The problem is after 12.0 and the great balancing kabam released champs like corvus or ghost that were overpowered beyond what was nerfed in 12.0. Champs like these and a handful more allowed players to easily advance through the early story mode. Add to this the fact that kabam then reduced the energy needed and difficulty of early story content as well as increasing the availability of rankup resources to new players and you end up with content like act 6. In order to counter these new op champs listed as beyond God tier they created content with gates and niche fights requiring even more specific champ requirements. 12.0 was supposed to open up the use of more champs from our rosters but some bad decisions on kabam's part have forced them to narrow down the characters we use even more. I don't know how they fix this but by creating content like act 6 and beyond they are killing the enjoyments of the story mode aw and forcing people to spend to get these handful of champs or remain roadblocked.
    Its not about kabam gated paths. problem is new nodes are created for a specific counter.We didn't got an option to target the counter that needed. each month two-three new champs are added to basic crystal which is narrowing the chance of specific champ you need.They introduced Nexus crystal but how much it is available? How much rank you need to get a featured 5*? 1-150.most of them will we won by mercs and bots.IMO Nexus crystal should be available for 15K shards abd 5* featured champ should be made to rank 1-1000.

Bugmat78 said:

As to the rest, they looked at act 7 as a result of this outrage. They're hopefully looking at all the other issues as a result of this outrage.

In the meantime they rushed out a change to the whole aq system and they'll yet again only consider and talk about our feedback after the fact.

So far they showed absolutely nothing that suggests that we could comfortably sit down and stay calm in justified hopes of actual improvement, especially regarding their communication with the community.

Of course you are entitled to let them be. I for once do not think they did enough or even promised enough to even think about letting them be.

People are and have been on the verge of quitting since this thread started, many even before that, because of issues presented here. That is not an ultimatum, that's simply the current status quo for those people. And for them nothing changed so far.

Additionally, if we acted like kabam, then we wouldn't communicate our thoughts, problems and concerns. We'd simply take action and quit the game. We as the community have been the bigger person since this thread started, even before that, and have shown immense rationale and understanding so far.

I'm sorry, but painting us the way you do is nothing but an insult to the problems we have and/or see with this game we invested a lot of time and/or money into.

Despite the time this thread has been active, despite kabam's communication being a main issue for many summoners, it's still same old same old.

Oh no, don't think I disagree with the feedback that you've been giving. I agree with some of the player base's sentiments. I'm frustrated too, don't get me wrong, but unlike some people, I know that repeatedly venting is not going to do anything. People are acting as if not getting these changes would end their life. Newsflash, it's Kabam that's going to die if they don't sort out their problems. Yes, they looked at Act 7. And now they're going to look at the rest of the issues we presented.

Furthermore, your last statement illustrates the first line in my previous comment. Calling someone a Devil's advocate just because they don't agree with you really does emphasize one's childishness. Furthermore, the way you phrased it, one could take it as saying "we don't want your opinion anymore." Hmmm. Does censoring remind you of anyone?

Just to recap. I don't disagree with the changes you want to make to the game. I'm all for that. My problem is in the way that the solutions are conveyed. Kabam is already feeling the pressure. No need to put more on them. They might just explode.
    Again, "repeatedly venting" is literally the only reason we even got the teeny tiny bit of acknowledgment we've gotten so far.

You've been participating in this thread since the very beginning, how do you not understand that?

Kabam has already taken a massive step backwards with how they went about the aq treasury changes. In all this time they didn't even bother to improve their immediate communication. How should that in any way make us feel comfortable with sitting back and letting them sort all of this out?

As to that censoring nonsense, if your opinion consists of belittling others and calling them childish, then by all means. Take your opinion somewhere else.
    Like Grounded said, "You honestly believe all they've given is a teeny bit of acknowledgment?" Kabam has acknowledged some of our issues, and they'll be addressing some more ing the future. I agree that they should improve communication. Also, I don't think that comments such as "I quit" or "Kabam have to do ___ by ___", or even my favorite, "don't respond to _____" qualify as constructive criticism. They offer nothing but anger.

As to go back to my statement, it wasn't intended to be as cutting as it seems. It was just meant to be a little remark highlighting how statements with no substance but frustration were painting the player base in the likeness of children. I sincerely apologize if I hurt/insulted you in any way.

As to my "censoring nonsense", well about 50% of the people in this thread should go elsewhere with their opinions, according to your philosophy. All the people who call a certain user a "troll", or the players who tell others to "shut up" just because their opinion is different from theirs. Maybe even you.

Respectfully yours,
    Notsavage19
  • Mughal50XMughal50X Posts: 19

Mughal50X said:

How about fixing this?

And how would Kabam fix this? You made the mistake of going random. That's on you.

Like Matchmaking? I mean nowadays it's common to not go random since it sucks, but what's the point of keeping a random option with the rewards for random room clears if you're getting shafted and noone will use the mode?
    Well if no one's on, what other option are you left with? It's the last resort, one that I admittedly use sometimes. However, I do understand the consequences of using such an unreliable method, but I also understand that it's going to be hard for Kabam to do anything about public matchmaking.
    Well they could us give us the option of either continuing with the matchmaking or find another or even quit, not forcing us to go thru this. Apparently this was an ambitious project from Kabam and this was a problem even when it was called dungeons. It is not that difficult. We get 3 options in Arenas, why not the same in Incursions? Or is it too much to ask?
    Mughal50X said:

Mughal50X said:

How about fixing this?

Well they could us give us the option of either continuing with the matchmaking or find another or even quit, not forcing us to go thru this. Apparently this was an ambitious project from Kabam and this was a problem even when it was called dungeons. It is not that difficult. We get 3 options in Arenas, why not the same in Incursions? Or is it too much to ask?
    Matchmaking would take more time if you went by an Arena-esque style of choice. Maybe no one would choose you, and you would just stay by yourself for quite some time. Matchmaking is meant to be a quick option.
    It's not a must. Act 4 was demanding on people who had to do it back in the day. It's a viable example because both are cases of Storymode being adjusted for difficulty. Demanding or not, it's not a case of people losing Resources due to a bug, or using them in excess because the content was broken. Currently, that IS the design. People want it adjusted. That's what they're looking at.
    As for Sparkles, it's not my decision. I'm pointing out what they already said. They're not compensating for it.

Bugmat78 said:

Again, "repeatedly venting" is literally the only reason we even got the teeny tiny bit of acknowledgment we've gotten so far.

You've been participating in this thread since the very beginning, how do you not understand that?

Kabam has already taken a massive step backwards with how they went about the aq treasury changes. In all this time they didn't even bother to improve their immediate communication. How should that in any way make us feel comfortable with sitting back and letting them sort all of this out?

As to that censoring nonsense, if your opinion consists of belittling others and calling them childish, then by all means. Take your opinion somewhere else.
    Its funny how soon people forget that act 6.4 rewards got a buff due to venting and complaining. They're still not even good enough by the way. Even Gw stopped saying our complaints won't lead to anything after being proven wrong so many times. It is just not true.
    Feedback is what led to changes. Not venting and complaining. There is a difference. The OP indicated that they only listened to a teeny bit of feedback. That is incorrect. They listened to it all. There's a difference between listening to feedback and making every change people want. That's not feedback. More of a ransom note, really. "If you do not comply with all of our conditions, we will assume you are not cooperating and be forced to send you pieces of your game until you meet our demands.".
    You mentioned me in your comment, and I've never had an issue with feedback, when it's constructive. What isn't constructive is making demands, expecting that requests should all be met, negatively venting about how they never listen, fighting among ourselves, or taking a leak on the process of communication in general. When we already have their attention and they're taking feedback in, it's disrespectful to say they're not listening just because they haven't done everything we asked for. In fact, I predicted as much pages ago.