**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

<

Shouldn't cap iw work for that fight as well? Might take a while, but it should be a pretty safe option, no?

he would work but it would be a painful fight imo probably worse then the blade fight posted above. The bleed is only available on his sp1 so you would have to constantly work your way upto sp1 to apply bleed to do damage. Also you would need him at sig 200 and Cosmic synergy for 100% armor break. Anything less may trigger the heal if you parry and don't armor break with vibranium up. Plus you have class disadvantage too. If you have no other option then guess he can work. Also not sure if his sp1 would actually bypass the node which heals KM since it reduces AAR by 100%. If it does i guess it possible to do it with a unawakened Cap IW.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Hope this works, never tried to attach a pic to a post. But this is why people hate act 6. This is 6.2.6 Do you Bleed Killmonger, also has the node where he shrugs off 80% of your bleeds AND heals 5% for every shrug off. I have a max sig rank 5 Blade, with 5 out of 5 deep wounds. After I died, Killmonger was STILL at 27%. Horrible node design. And that's just the second fight lol. The casual player has zero interest in playing content like this. Once I did that fight, quit out, and never been back into that Act. These are the fights that need to be addressed.

That’s cause you’re using the wrong counter.

Armor break him first, then inflict your bleeds.
    So out of 145 Champions available as 5/6 stars you have 4 good options for this fight. ( could be more that i haven't thought off).

Gwenpool ( Best option by a country mile imo especially if awakened)
    Venom
    Warlock
    SS
    I haven't done that fight specifically yet, but wouldn't Sabretooth be a reasonable option there?

I think Gamora, Taskmaster, Rocket and Korg also have armor break and bleed in a non-trivial way, although they might be slower and aren't ranked up as often. And in the case of say Rocket, I don't know what happens if an armor break and a bleed land simultaneously on Killmonger.
  • Options
    jammybstrdjammybstrd Posts: 36
    Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Hope this works, never tried to attach a pic to a post. But this is why people hate act 6. This is 6.2.6 Do you Bleed Killmonger, also has the node where he shrugs off 80% of your bleeds AND heals 5% for every shrug off. I have a max sig rank 5 Blade, with 5 out of 5 deep wounds. After I died, Killmonger was STILL at 27%. Horrible node design. And that's just the second fight lol. The casual player has zero interest in playing content like this. Once I did that fight, quit out, and never been back into that Act. These are the fights that need to be addressed.

So out of 145 Champions available as 5/6 stars you have 4 good options for this fight. ( could be more that i haven't thought off).

Venom
    Warlock
    SS

(You also have medusa but i think her rotation in applying armor shatter then working upto sp2 to apply bleeds is long winded and you would be better off with a strong bleeder like x23, NF or BP and playing around vibranium armor being down.)

So we should just work on getting those champs....... oh wait champions acquisition is random and based purely on luck

Yeah seems like really good content design having super niche fights with few counters and only luck deciding if you can do the fight or not rather then skill.

I'm assuming the player in the quote didn't have access to these champs hence why they used blade. Hes proven yeah sure its possible to struggle through with sub optimal champs i.e. bringing any bleed champion and working around the downtime of viburnum armor. However, as he stated this isn't fun. If you aren't having fun why keep playing. Act 6 is just not fun if you don't have the right counter and there is too much of these types of fights in act 6. Its very anti-friendly to players who are f2p because its not skill based but based on counters which is based on crystal pulls which heavily favors spenders.

from my own experience I can 100% 6.3 but i can't 100% 6.2 because i haven't pulled the right champs and have these ridiculous gates to deal with. Yeah great how long shall i wait to do that. Its been a year since 6.2. Super fun that is. Also can't even use combination of 5 and 6* champions as part of the requirement for these gates it has to be 4 5* skill champions. I could have a stealth spiderman or NF as a 6* but i am going to have to pull the 5* version and rank them up to use them for the skill path. Again great fun

Yes this lane is horrible. But have you tried thinking outside the box? Block damage is still inflicted, so bust your corvus or ramped aegon and hit into his block. Hell, I even did it with stark spiderman since I didn't have either on my run.

However this node is very niche and is acknowledged as one of the worst lanes in the game. There was a lane similar to this in the act 7 beta but kabam are going back to reevaluate that, so they are learning (hopefully).
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

xNig said:

Gregdagr8 said:

Venom
    Warlock
    SS
    I haven't done that fight specifically yet, but wouldn't Sabretooth be a reasonable option there?

I think Gamora, Taskmaster, Rocket and Korg also have armor break and bleed in a non-trivial way, although they might be slower and aren't ranked up as often. And in the case of say Rocket, I don't know what happens if an armor break and a bleed land simultaneously on Killmonger.
    I have listed champions that i consider the best viable counters.

Sabertooth is a good option and would be decent for this fight.

As for the others yeah they can armor break and apply bleed but those fights would still be fairly long as you will be rotating between special attacks to get armor breaks and to apply bleeds. Would they really far much better then blade ( with Villian synergy i am assuming) in that fight. Thus still making this fight not fun.

Also how many people have those champions ranked up. Should people really rank up those champions in regards to their wider use in the game at end game content.

Compare them to my list above. All 4 of those champions ( Plus ST) are used in a lot of places so people will rather rank them up. Resources in this game are limited and rank ups have to be planned to maximize the gain you get from them.

Its also easier to do with the champions listed above. The more time you spend in a fight the more likely you will mess up. Also stuff like block proficiency has a big impact when fights are long.

Anyway my point is that having these style of Niche fights in Act 6 is not fun especially when you method to bypass them relies on RNG.
  • Options

Yes this lane is horrible. But have you tried thinking outside the box? Block damage is still inflicted, so bust your corvus or ramped aegon and hit into his block. Hell, I even did it with stark spiderman since I didn't have either on my run.

However this node is very niche and is acknowledged as one of the worst lanes in the game. There was a lane similar to this in the act 7 beta but kabam are going back to reevaluate that, so they are learning (hopefully).

I hate to break it to you but that's not thinking outside the box, that would be considered as a bug.

The node clearly says they receive 100% less damage from any source apart from bleed.

Did you solo that fight using stark spiderman ?
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

I hate to break it to you but that's not thinking outside the box, that would be considered as a bug.

The node clearly says they receive 100% less damage from any source apart from bleed.

It’s not a bug, it’s been that way since the node was introduced. The wording of the node says that they take they don’t take damage from any hits, only from bleeds but hitting into block doesn’t count as hit, so it’s all good. Ramped up Ægon is how I got around it.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

If their intent is for people to be slick and use block penetration to overcome the node, they should phrase it differently.
  • Options

Bidzy7 said:

It’s not a bug, it’s been that way since the node was introduced. The wording of the node says that they take they don’t take damage from any hits, only from bleeds but hitting into block doesn’t count as hit, so it’s all good. Ramped up Ægon is how I got around it.

There is a lot of stuff that has been a certain way since introduction which was later classed as a bug. e.g. Morningstar healing when opponent has indestructible.

If the wording said hit why is it Incinerate, Shock, Poison , Omegas spores deal no damage. They are not hits but DoTs. I can't be asked to go get a screenshot for you. Log into the game and look at the node yourself. You will see it says "Source".
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

There is a lot of stuff that has been a certain way since introduction which was later classed as a bug. e.g. Morningstar healing when opponent has indestructible.

If the wording said hit why is it Incinerate, Shock, Poison , Omegas spores deal no damage. They are not hits but DoTs. I can't be asked to go get a screenshot for you. Log into the game and look at the node yourself. You will see it says "Source".
    So it does, I guess I was mistaken. At any rate, unless Kabam says it's a bug, I have no reason to believe that it is.
  • Options
    SkyfallNowSkyfallNow Posts: 110
    edited May 2020
    Is that possible to make max sign heroes are less probability for being pulled? Or at less make hero crystall with less heroes probability (about 10 heroes), like nightmare crystall etc could be bought using crystal shared
  • Options
    nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    Suggestion: I would suggest implementing a challenger mode which could be based on incursions. Where a team of 2 could challenge an other Team of 2 to go deeper in incursions. The challenging Team could wager ressources (e. G. Shards, Gold, units etc) which would have to be bet and are topped up by certain amount from the game. At the and the winner Team takes the pot which gets Split in half. I think this could create some good challenging fun, which would never get old.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

To be honest, I've played pretty much since the start and maybe I've not played in a high enough alliance or maybe I haven't had as much luck with RNG but I definitely struggled during Act 6 exploration and didn't always have good counters regardless of rank up resources, I consider myself a reasonable player too.
    For those people who do have newer accounts and are motivated to push progress I think hearing that once they get to a point they need to wait potentially for months or years until RNG gives them what they need to satisfy gates AND those champs be able to clear the content must be hugely disheartening. If the situation was flipped I'd probably have called it a day.

Of course you'll have some variance in things depending on how much and at what level people are playing at. I also am not blaming the players for the situation at least solely. It's a combination of there being more access to higher tier rewards and just more resources in general than those of us playing act 5 at release and players feeling they need to "catch up".

There are people complaining about act 6 that have only done one pass through Act 5 and never even attempted exploration yet. It's no real surprise they're finding it insanely difficult.

That's why I see what they were attempting with the 6.2 gates in forcing players to stop and regroup before pushing forward. They went a bit too far to an extent though. 6.2.2 Sinister, the 6.2.5 gates, and 6.2.6 are too prohibitive in my opinion but outside of those instances I much prefer the design of 6.2 over the ultra specific nodes and insane attack and health we got in 6.3 and 6.4 personally.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Act 6 was awlful for me too (I'm 100% done) and I've been playing since March 2015 so over 5 years now. I have well over 110 5 stars and almost 30 6 stars. Just to provide context in the situation.

I will make it my goal to get 30 min AQ timers to me it is the biggest improvement Kabam can implement right away. I recently changed my bgs to map 7x5 across the board and as people are getting used to map 7 its been a real pain in terms of time. I'm requesting for the option to have 30 minute timers for map 7 guys specifically because I understand people think that one energy is better.

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

To be honest, I've played pretty much since the start and maybe I've not played in a high enough alliance or maybe I haven't had as much luck with RNG but I definitely struggled during Act 6 exploration and didn't always have good counters regardless of rank up resources, I consider myself a reasonable player too.
    For those people who do have newer accounts and are motivated to push progress I think hearing that once they get to a point they need to wait potentially for months or years until RNG gives them what they need to satisfy gates AND those champs be able to clear the content must be hugely disheartening. If the situation was flipped I'd probably have called it a day.

Of course you'll have some variance in things depending on how much and at what level people are playing at. I also am not blaming the players for the situation at least solely. It's a combination of there being more access to higher tier rewards and just more resources in general than those of us playing act 5 at release and players feeling they need to "catch up".

There are people complaining about act 6 that have only done one pass through Act 5 and never even attempted exploration yet. It's no real surprise they're finding it insanely difficult.

That's why I see what they were attempting with the 6.2 gates in forcing players to stop and regroup before pushing forward. They went a bit too far to an extent though. 6.2.2 Sinister, the 6.2.5 gates, and 6.2.6 are too prohibitive in my opinion but outside of those instances I much prefer the design of 6.2 over the ultra specific nodes and insane attack and health we got in 6.3 and 6.4 personally.
    Same point, worded differently.

If only A6 had an Elder’s Bane gate, and A7, Throne Breaker.
  • Options
    xNig said:

If Act 6 was HEAVILY tuned down, that could be acceptable. Especially if Kabam listens and rethinks their approach to progressive story content so Act 7 isn't over-the-top obnoxious with nodes on nodes on nodes. Otherwise, it's just asking people to not bother at all with the story content anymore.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

If Act 6 was HEAVILY tuned down, that could be acceptable. Especially if Kabam listens and rethinks their approach to progressive story content so Act 7 isn't over-the-top obnoxious with nodes on nodes on nodes. Otherwise, it's just asking people to not bother at all with the story content anymore.
    Ok Act 6 heavily toned down. Act 7 toned down in a similar way. So, which content will be left to actually challenge your r5 and 6*r3 rosters?

We need something, right? Should they change Variant difficulty to same as Variant 1? Because I know people will kick up a bigger storm if they made future variants difficult now.
    This is the problem, what is supposed to be end game content in this game? It's always been story and additional Everest type content like Rol through AoL. Does it need to stay that way? If so, to what level should it be tuned? I personally don't have a problem with most of 6.2 and wasn't a fan of 6.3 and 6.4 but other people obviously feel differently. If story content is no longer going to be what tests the top tier players, can we really expect the jumps in roster progression that we get from it currently? What would replace it?

As you said I can only imagine how people would react if the Variants went from a sort of in-between to being the apex of content difficulty again. So are the top only supposed to get some legitimately challenging stuff every few years when we get the next Everest?

• Options
    Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Ok Act 6 heavily toned down. Act 7 toned down in a similar way. So, which content will be left to actually challenge your r5 and 6*r3 rosters?

We need something, right? Should they change Variant difficulty to same as Variant 1? Because I know people will kick up a bigger storm if they made future variants difficult now.
    That depends on your definition of challenge and the level of it you want. Most people find Act 6 BS and Variants after 1 appropriately challenging and I would agree with that.
    What are you looking for?

If you're going through current story with a 6star rank 2 roster, you should be all "I am like unto a GOOOOOOOOOD!!!" but they've tuned it so you're "I am like unto an average duuuuuude!"