**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

milomike said:

milomike said:

If it’s about being fair.

Kabam players who have not completed the abyss can now base decisions off their Abyss Crystals when those who made decisions prior to this announcement are at a disadvantage. If the players who are bemoaning the loss of relative shards to others are awarded those shards I suggest that you prevent them from opening those crystals until they have used their gems, stones and t5cc acquired from the Abyss.

You do realize the players who’ve already 100% will also be getting the added Nexus crystal? It will be delivered and claimed in mail, and they too can also base their decision on whichever t5cc they have waiting.

Only difference at this point is the countless who aren’t 100%, now get less rewards.
    If they have spent their t5cc, no they cannot base their decision off of their t5cc.

The countless people who have not completed the Abyss are at a significant advantage when it comes to making informed decisions. Those who have made decisions prior to this announcement are in a position much worse than being down a crystal, they are down being able to make an informed decision with their resources which is far more detrimental than 1.5 random champions.

If they spent their t5cc, they likely used it on champs that are worthy. If they didn’t, they should’ve waited. Using AGs and rank up materials on lesser champs is a choice, nobody twisted their arm into doing so.
    Sorry speculation and hypotheticals don’t cut it. Players who have already made decisions prior to the abyss crystal are at a bigger disadvantage here. In arguendo, They should get at a minimum 1 t5cc and generic awakening gem to be fair.
    That would be the least Kabam could do to be fair. 1 t5cc and a generic awakening in addition to the ones they already got. Anything less would be criminal.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Yes the players who did it early took advantage but I don't care.

Which I care is I will get great 6* champs 100%.
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

milomike said:

Kabam players who have not completed the abyss can now base decisions off their Abyss Crystals when those who made decisions prior to this announcement are at a disadvantage. If the players who are bemoaning the loss of relative shards to others are awarded those shards I suggest that you prevent them from opening those crystals until they have used their gems, stones and t5cc acquired from the Abyss.

You do realize the players who’ve already 100% will also be getting the added Nexus crystal? It will be delivered and claimed in mail, and they too can also base their decision on whichever t5cc they have waiting.

Only difference at this point is the countless who aren’t 100%, now get less rewards.
    Oh so I get to unuse my AGs and T5c that I used weeks/months ago? I missed that part of the announcement
    You're argument for players not to get the same shards is because you used your rewards already ?

Quite frankly this is a ridiculous thing to say.

You chose to do Abyss with the rewards as they were. You have gained an advantage over other players by doing abyss early as well, which is part of the appeal for so many to have done it, to get those R3 champs as well as prestige purposes.

You argument is along the lines of someone saying this
    "Kabam should just not give you the crystal. You accepted the rewards as there were right. So you had no issue with the initial rewards. "

Honestly it comes across as selfish and self entitled.

Had Kabam left things as they were this thread wouldn't even have existed. Usually changes to rewards never leave players missing out. Even when changes to rewards were made across previous acts all players got bonus rewards via in game mail.

I have not done abyss yet and tbh i'm not overly fussed, yeah its disappointing to know i don't get the same rewards for completing the same content as others. But overall I'm happy with the direction taken with the new crystal.

@CoatHang3r isn't wrong. i'm 100% sure his decisions would have been different if the abyss nexus crystal was part of the original package. ranking material and how they're used is so much more valuable than 15k shards.

he never (afaik) made the claim that people shouldn't get the shards, he's just putting into perspective his opinion on who's really disadvantaged here. i mean, are you really going to care in a positive way when/if you pull anything less than one of the god tier champs? i doubt it.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    First , i have to say that even tough not all of us would like the update it still is a good option

for the new nexus crystal that gives an option out of 10 it is very good and it does really sound a good thing since everyone can chase the class maybe the champion they want however it is still Rng Dependent and most of the 6*S champions are not what everyone want and this will put most of us on a Edge of either getting compensated for the time/effort/usage by getting what you chased or getting smacked by a pull of 10 not meh but still not worth effort of doing a challenge like this .
    """"""""""And the Removal of 15k 6* Is Making it worse """""""""""""""""" Just leave it

TBH we thought there will be a full revamp of the exploration rewards adding a single crystal might make some of us happy but it does not solve the Problem

WHY NOT MAKE DIFFERENT EXPLORATIONS REWARDS AND EVERY SUMMONER GETS TO CHOOSE ONE OF THEM LIKE THE BARON'S WAR EVENT QUEST

PUT LIKE 3 DIMENSIONS OF EXPLORATIONS REWARDS EACH SUMMONER WHO DID 100% CHOOSES ONE OF THEM THIS WAY EVERYONE CHOOSES WHAT THEY NEED OR WHAT THEY WANT OR WHAT THEY THINK IT'S BEST FOR THEM

1.Consists Mostly of Rank up materials
    (2 T5CC Crystals+ 1 T5cc selector + 30k 6* Shards + 6*Gem + 100SIG +12 ALPHA2

2.Consists Mostly of Shards
    (2 T5CC Crystals + The new Nexus 6* 1/10 + 6*Gem + 100SIG + 45K 6* + 12ALPHA2

3.Mix From Booth
    1 T5cc Selector + The new 6*S nexus 1 from 10 + 6*Gem + 100Sigs +20K 6*

OF COURSE THE COLLECTEUR PROFIL PICS + 5MIL GOLD

maybe even give a 5* wolverine x weapon as an exculsive reward like the ultron classic in labyrinth of legends since there is no other way of getting the champion beside winning the legends Runs in act6 wich is a 6* version and every summoner will agree that it's a very good idea

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/203616/abyss-rewards-update-merged-threads#latest

There is already a main, merged thread to discuss the changes.
    Post there, and don't create additional duplicated threads on tge same topic
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I just wanted to start a poll and ask people who have 100% the Abyss what their thoughts on the reward change is. I have not done any Abyss but I was just wondering and wanted to get the input from the players that would be affected by it. Do you believe the reward change for the AoL is fine.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/203616/abyss-rewards-update-merged-threads#latest

There is already a main, merged thread to discuss the changes.
    Post there, and don't create additional duplicated threads on tge same topic

yep i khnow but the main thread in mainly full of complaints and like @Knation said too it's likely to be missed i just thought i could say what i had in mind for update they can close it if they want
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    The point of the merged thread is to avoid multiple threads about the same subject, which always happens everytime something gets changed, announced, etc.
    Additionally, it serves with the purpose of gathering all the feedback together.

I understand you want your own attention, just like other's who decide to create their own threads. But this should had been posted in the merged discussion thread
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

milomike said:

Oh so I get to unuse my AGs and T5c that I used weeks/months ago? I missed that part of the announcement
    You're argument for players not to get the same shards is because you used your rewards already ?

You chose to do Abyss with the rewards as they were. You have gained an advantage over other players by doing abyss early as well, which is part of the appeal for so many to have done it, to get those R3 champs as well as prestige purposes.

"Kabam should just not give you the crystal. You accepted the rewards as there were right. So you had no issue with the initial rewards. "

Had Kabam left things as they were this thread wouldn't even have existed. Usually changes to rewards never leave players missing out. Even when changes to rewards were made across previous acts all players got bonus rewards via in game mail.

I have not done abyss yet and tbh i'm not overly fussed, yeah its disappointing to know i don't get the same rewards for completing the same content as others. But overall I'm happy with the direction taken with the new crystal.

I'd be fine with them leaving the 15k in. It's not like I made this decision. Just pointing out that people that haven't done it aren't the only ones that miss out is all.

People who haven't done it yet chose not to do it yet. Sometimes knocking stuff out early works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't. It's far from some great injustice when it doesn't though. In the end everyone wins with the crystal some just have different advantages.
  • Options
    I'd be willing to bet it's easier for you to earn another 15k shards than it is for me to get another 6* generic AG.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

milomike said:

If they have spent their t5cc, no they cannot base their decision off of their t5cc.

The countless people who have not completed the Abyss are at a significant advantage when it comes to making informed decisions. Those who have made decisions prior to this announcement are in a position much worse than being down a crystal, they are down being able to make an informed decision with their resources which is far more detrimental than 1.5 random champions.

I doubt in reality it was detrimental to very many players. Some still have a lot of their resources. Many who did the Abyss early have sick rosters already and had excellent options on which to use those Abyss resources. They also got the benefit of the prestige race which is why many did it early in the first place. Nice Sunspot btw. It's really not a big deal either way. It's 15k shards. No one is getting screwed really. I just think it would be a better move by Kabam to leave the shards for everyone.
    Yeah would’ve been nice if I had the Abyss crystal before spending my resources on Sunspot, would’ve influenced my decisions relating to every last resource used on him. I would gladly trade it for a refund and 5k 6* shards.

It’s cool that you aren’t very concerned, but I’m speaking to those who are.
    If you had it to do over would you save all the things you got from the Abyss, refrain from awakening anyone and taking to r3, and wait until now? Genuinely curious. Who would you try to get in lieu of Sunspot?
    Yes, I would have made different decisions if the Abyss Nexus was in play. The ability to make Informed decisions will always be more powerful than 15k random shards.

In the interest of being fair (Again this is why I’m posting) Players are claiming a disadvantage arising from the extra 15k shards others will have from the abyss while discounting and ignoring that they also have a significant and more impactful advantage with being able to make decisions with the Abyss crystal in play. If people want fair Kabam can leave the shards and return the resources and champions to all players who used them prior to the crystals addition. But that isn’t going to happen so people need to drop their victimhood and accept that sometimes all parties will be disadvantaged, that “fairness” isn’t an absolute and sometimes being handicapped in differing ways is equality.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    This doesn't seem like a terrible idea. It would be a new mechanic that could be built on top of in the future. I'm not basing my judgment off the balance of the rewards, as I don't really understand which are the most valuable, but this seems pretty good. A question I have is how would the people that completed abyss already be able to choose? Would they keep the old rewards? Would they get to choose?
  • Options
    milomikemilomike Posts: 92

Bidzy7 said:

milomike said:

@CoatHang3r isn't wrong. i'm 100% sure his decisions would have been different if the abyss nexus crystal was part of the original package. ranking material and how they're used is so much more valuable than 15k shards.

he never (afaik) made the claim that people shouldn't get the shards, he's just putting into perspective his opinion on who's really disadvantaged here. i mean, are you really going to care in a positive way when/if you pull anything less than one of the god tier champs? i doubt it.
    Not necessarily true. If you don’t get the t5cc to match the class you need or want, you’re screwed. Say everyone chooses mystic Nexus Doom pops up and that’s everyone’s choice; then they open the t5cc crystals and don’t pull a mystic. 100% defeated the purpose, yet you’re forced to open the nexus before knowing what t5cc you get.

• Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @culturalreference1
    they are still getting the crystal.

Ofc his decisions would be different. As is everyones decision with anything in this game. The game is constantly changing. He could of pulled another champ that he would of rather R3 in his next 6* crystal.

Players awaken champions all the time to find the next pull is the very champion they just awakened. Or they r5 a champion to then pull a better champion to r5 on the next crystal.

The point is he made the decision to not only tackle the content as is with the rewards in question but then also use those materials for a specific purpose which was to have a R3 champion. This would of affected his prestige, his ability to do content with more ease. Although not hugely different a R3 champion is still better then a R2 or a 5* R5.

generally speaking players who don't rush content are in a better space to utilize the rewards better because they will be pulling new champions or duping champions which all have an affect on choices.

Arguing you should be entitled to something for rushing content and gaining an advantage is just ridiculous. Doom is now available in the basic pool so those 65k 6* shards could pull one of the top prestige champs in the game. But when Abyss first came out you couldn't get doom then. Should all those players then demand they get to reroll those crystals so they can have a chance of getting doom and taking him up instead ?

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Omg, the forums are going crazy. This thread was merged with my poll haha
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

@culturalreference1

Ofc his decisions would be different. As is everyones decision with anything in this game. The game is constantly changing. He could of pulled another champ that he would of rather R3 in his next 6* crystal.

Players awaken champions all the time to find the next pull is the very champion they just awakened. Or they r5 a champion to then pull a better champion to r5 on the next crystal.

The point is he made the decision to not only tackle the content as is with the rewards in question but then also use those materials for a specific purpose which was to have a R3 champion. This would of affected his prestige, his ability to do content with more ease. Although not hugely different a R3 champion is still better then a R2 or a 5* R5.

generally speaking players who don't rush content are in a better space to utilize the rewards better because they will be pulling new champions or duping champions which all have an affect on choices.

Arguing you should be entitled to something for rushing content and gaining an advantage is just ridiculous. Doom is now available in the basic pool so those 65k 6* shards could pull one of the top prestige champs in the game. But when Abyss first came out you couldn't get doom then. Should all those players then demand they get to reroll those crystals so they can have a chance of getting doom and taking him up instead ?

You're right the game is always changing. Now you get 30k shards and a nexus crystal for finishing abyss. Game changed.
  • Options
    milomike said:

Bidzy7 said:

milomike said:

Not necessarily true. If you don’t get the t5cc to match the class you need or want, you’re screwed. Say everyone chooses mystic Nexus Doom pops up and that’s everyone’s choice; then they open the t5cc crystals and don’t pull a mystic. 100% defeated the purpose, yet you’re forced to open the nexus before knowing what t5cc you get.

You will eventually get mystic t5cc and much sooner than you will be able to target specific champions of your choosing. T5cc is about to be far more common in the game, just as any other resource has become. You have one opportunity to target a champion and use the only Foreseeable available generic gem on them. That’s infinitely more valuable than random shards. It’s also an option people who have made decisions prior to this have been denied.

@DNA3000 that isn’t something I am arguing for, that is possibly what fairness demands when taken to its logical conclusion. Some people get 15k shards others get to make informed decisions. Which is more powerful?
  • Options

Bidzy7 said:

milomike said:

I'd be fine with them leaving the 15k in. It's not like I made this decision. Just pointing out that people that haven't done it aren't the only ones that miss out is all.

People who haven't done it yet chose not to do it yet. Sometimes knocking stuff out early works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't. It's far from some great injustice when it doesn't though. In the end everyone wins with the crystal some just have different advantages.
    Sorry but i don't see that as a valid argument. Its akin to complaining you spun your crystals before x champion was added. The whole reason you did that content/ used the resources was to gain an advantage. You also don't actually lose anything. Its not like kabam have said well we only give this new crystal to new players who haven't done the content.

They also get the benefit of choosing the class of the crystal based on the T5CC they have where as new players don't so that then balances it out. Its basically allowing them to choose a r3 champion. New players will have to still hope the t5cc gives them the class for the crystal they choose.

Like i said, i'm happy with the new crystal and what this means hopefully going forward, but i can see why people are upset as they are basically being given less rewards. By the time most get around to 100% Abyss id imagine 6* to be widely available
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Omg, the forums are going crazy. This thread was merged with my poll haha

Yeah not sure why they merged threads that had different ideas. Makes the entire thing more confusing and makes me look like an idiot for what I posted on another discussion lol
  • Options
    MokkieMokkie Posts: 95
    Will the 10 champs be all different champs OR will there be duplication of among the 10 champs?
  • Options

Bidzy7 said:

@culturalreference1

You're right the game is always changing. Now you get 30k shards and a nexus crystal for finishing abyss. Game changed.
    Yes so all those that done Abyss got extra 15k shards so shouldn't get the new crystal right ....
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

milomike said:

Sorry but i don't see that as a valid argument. Its akin to complaining you spun your crystals before x champion was added. The whole reason you did that content/ used the resources was to gain an advantage. You also don't actually lose anything. Its not like kabam have said well we only give this new crystal to new players who haven't done the content.

They also get the benefit of choosing the class of the crystal based on the T5CC they have where as new players don't so that then balances it out. Its basically allowing them to choose a r3 champion. New players will have to still hope the t5cc gives them the class for the crystal they choose.

Like i said, i'm happy with the new crystal and what this means hopefully going forward, but i can see why people are upset as they are basically being given less rewards. By the time most get around to 100% Abyss id imagine 6* to be widely available
    Oh so being at a disadvantage in making decisions is fine as long as it's the people who did stuff early bc well who cares about those guys?

I'll reiterate again I've not once said I think they should remove the 15k shards or agree with it being done. I just don't think it's anywhere near the big deal some people are making it out to be
  • Options
    Mokkie said:

Will the 10 champs be all different champs OR will there be duplication of among the 10 champs?

Different
  • Options
    edited June 2020

milomike said:

milomike said:

If they spent their t5cc, they likely used it on champs that are worthy. If they didn’t, they should’ve waited. Using AGs and rank up materials on lesser champs is a choice, nobody twisted their arm into doing so.
    Sorry speculation and hypotheticals don’t cut it. Players who have already made decisions prior to the abyss crystal are at a bigger disadvantage here. In arguendo, They should get at a minimum 1 t5cc and generic awakening gem to be fair.
    That would be the least Kabam could do to be fair. 1 t5cc and a generic awakening in addition to the ones they already got. Anything less would be criminal.
    It’s not the least they could do and certainly not criminal (like those portraying being down 15k are making it out to be). It is an option along with a multitude of other options on the path to fairnessosity after rewards changed in content, path 6 Abyss, you get a nexus crystal. I’m not trying to reshape the rewards I’m pointing out that reshaping them isn’t inherently inequitable when it affects both sides.