**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah they seem to have a very good system for it
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Let the cheaters in the game. Kabam evil, cheaters good.
    Stop comparing crimes to abusing a bug they are not similar at all
    They break rules. They are the same..
    Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    Where did i say "killing people"
    we are talking about crimes killing people is a crime
    Not all crimes are killing people, you created a straw man argument to accuse him of a false equivalency.
    Yes not all crimes are killing people

But none of these are comparable to abusing a bug on a mobile game as its just data nothing that will effect the developers compared to shop lifting where you are robbing from a store which will affect the store owner since they dont have an unlimited amount of products unlike in mcoc where its shards and awakening gems are unlimited as its not physical but digital.

Does not matter how it affects someone, it is still a “crime” In addition that store owner typically has insurance, thefts will be paid back to them, I used to run a dominos pizza, I knew when my drivers went out that even if they were robbed we would still get the money from our insurance so I focused on protecting the drivers.

In addition cheating for resources does cost MCOC lost revenue.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

YOU BREAK TOS, YOU GET PUNISHED

SIMPLE

I'd say that nearly everyone has exploited some game mechanic in their MCOC lifetime. Does everyone get punished? No.
    As a Police Officer would say if you use the excuse, "Exploiter: but all those other people are going faster than me and breaking the law... Officer: but I caught you."
    Not excusing their behavior. Just saying that everyone shouldn't be sh*tting on the people who exploited, because they've probably exploited some aspect of the game once in their MCOC lifetime.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    I think both sides can agree on one thing. If they had just locked the quest from the beginning, nobody would be upset or mad. I personally don't think anybody should have gotten banned. Take away the items. Undo any champion ranked using the said items. Give the players the title of cheater(that can't be changed for a month) that exploited the glitch. Give a form of story progression compensation(Not expecting much) and lets all get back to having fun playing this game. My only other question is was the door left open on purpose?

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

I'd say that nearly everyone has exploited some game mechanic in their MCOC lifetime. Does everyone get punished? No.
    As a Police Officer would say if you use the excuse, "Exploiter: but all those other people are going faster than me and breaking the law... Officer: but I caught you."
    Not excusing their behavior. Just saying that everyone shouldn't be sh*tting on the people who exploited, because they've probably exploited some aspect of the game once in their MCOC lifetime.
    I have never exploited a bug. if anything seems fishy I question it.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Let the cheaters in the game. Kabam evil, cheaters good.
    Stop comparing crimes to abusing a bug they are not similar at all
    They break rules. They are the same..
    Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    Where did i say "killing people"
    we are talking about crimes killing people is a crime
    Not all crimes are killing people, you created a straw man argument to accuse him of a false equivalency.
    Yes not all crimes are killing people

But none of these are comparable to abusing a bug on a mobile game as its just data nothing that will effect the developers compared to shop lifting where you are robbing from a store which will affect the store owner since they dont have an unlimited amount of products unlike in mcoc where its shards and awakening gems are unlimited as its not physical but digital.

Does not matter how it affects someone, it is still a “crime” In addition that store owner typically has insurance, thefts will be paid back to them, I used to run a dominos pizza, I knew when my drivers went out that even if they were robbed we would still get the money from our insurance so I focused on protecting the drivers.

In addition cheating for resources does cost MCOC lost revenue.
    Dominos is the stuff. Absolutely love them
    TRONG94 said:

So a guy who farmed 33 AGs has the same period of ban with someone who was curious and ran twice on the 600k gold path?

Nope, someone who ran 2x didn’t get banned, now if you ran 3 times...
  • Rlay02Rlay02 Posts: 22
    Nakuul said:

They banned the allys to with that desition....all of those that talk in favor of kabam they have a 45 lvl account...we pay a lot of money to lose the season cause KABAMS ban is faster than aegons bug to be fixed....this is disrespect to the allys that be punished without reason....

It's disrespectful to Kabam to exploit in their game. Maybe tell your members not to cheat.
    Well its their fault for making the bug in the first place ots their fault.
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    Ban.... them....all
    Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

They banned the allys to with that desition....all of those that talk in favor of kabam they have a 45 lvl account...we pay a lot of money to lose the season cause KABAMS ban is faster than aegons bug to be fixed....this is disrespect to the allys that be punished without reason....

It's disrespectful to Kabam to exploit in their game. Maybe tell your members not to cheat.
    So if you leave your door open I can come in and rob you and you will not call the cops? If so where do you live?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,925 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

So if you leave your door open I can come in and rob you and you will not call the cops? If so where do you live?
    It is partially their fault for carelessness. People can still be held accountable
    Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

You've never forced quit a fight to save a revive? You've never used bugged champions to clear content more easily? You've seriously never exploited in any way?

If not, then props to you.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

So a guy who farmed 33 AGs has the same period of ban with someone who was curious and ran twice on the 600k gold path?

Possibly could have made it a day for every extra run after the second one.
    2nd run - lose rewards
    3 runs through - one day ban
    20 (lol) repeats - 18 day ban etc
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,961 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

Count me in too lol.
  • No_Ægon_clubNo_Ægon_club Posts: 150 ★★
    Can you guys just tell prof x to stop hiding the island again. Scrawny little dude is getting in my nerves

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

You've never forced quit a fight to save a revive? You've never used bugged champions to clear content more easily? You've seriously never exploited in any way?

Nope, I dont find merit in cheating, it tarnishes the accomplishment.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Well that escalated quickly...
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

Hmm wow. Props to you.
  • Rlay02Rlay02 Posts: 22
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

Hvae u quit a match before
    Crcrcrc said:

Lormif said:

Rlay02 said:

Nakuul said:

It is partially their fault for carelessness. People can still be held accountable
    Did the point just go over your head? Sure kabam shares some responsibility, but the players who broke the rules can still be held accountable....
    Rlay02 said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Unio77 said:

SIMPLE

Hvae u quit a match before
    Define “quit a match” I will run out the time, because that is within the rules. I will use the quit function, because that is in the design, so you need to be clear on what you are talking about.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

they always know
This discussion has been closed.