**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Vp14 said:

Vp14 said:

Hopefully seatin makes a video about it
    Then we all get free rewards for being loyal

I disagree. Not exploiting doesn't show loyalty.

Also, why should morally good behavior be rewarded?
    If you don't want rewards don't claim it 😝

Lol exploited people still has advantage over us. Plus we had to wait alot to even play the event and it's still not out

7 days ban is not enough as compared to 20 5strcrystal. 1 k units and 6str crystal for free
    How do they have an advantage over us? Their resources have been taken away and they're banned. The 2 days that it has been offline couldn't have impacted you much. What have you missed out on? Nothing, since you can just do all runs after it comes out. It's not a daily thing, where you have to complete the quest once per day to get the full rewards.
  • Vp14Vp14 Posts: 30

Wouldn’t it be funny if Kabam rallied up all the cheated rewards and gave everyone who didn’t cheat those rewards? I’d die from laughter.

Make it a common practice. They way people will be more apt to not cheat when an exploit is found.

Yesss that's what I'm talking about. That would be hilarious 🤣😜
    Vp14 said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if Kabam rallied up all the cheated rewards and gave everyone who didn’t cheat those rewards? I’d die from laughter.

Make it a common practice. They way people will be more apt to not cheat when an exploit is found.

Morally good behavior shouldn't be rewarded, just like morally bad behavior shouldn't be punished.
    And plus some alliance got screwed cuz of 7 days ban.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    What the actual ****, no we don't get extra for using ethical common sense. Our reward is not getting banned lol
    Nakuul said:

If this is a serious request I have no more hope in early education.

Good luck
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★

Vp14 said:

Morally good behavior shouldn't be rewarded, just like morally bad behavior shouldn't be punished.
    I think people have watched Mean Girls too many times, and they're waiting for their piece of the tiara. LMAO.
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    I know a bunch of allies thru Line that have a number of people who received rewards so it will be easy to find out if Kabam finds everyone ;)
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 584 ★★★
    edited September 2020

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

You sir are something else. 👍
    False equivalency. He specifically said “my company messed up”. Not shop lifting or theft As in marking an item incorrectly at $5 instead of $20. Putting the wrong price on an item is not the consumers fault.

Whether you agree with that analogy or not is beside the point. It’s the one he used and you tried to switch the narrative
    Nakuul said:

If this is a serious request I have no more hope in early education.

Good luck

What the actual ****, no we don't get extra for using ethical common sense. Our reward is not getting banned lol

But we got punished as some alliance memeber got banned. That's screws aw

Vp14 said:

I think people have watched Mean Girls too many times, and they're waiting for their piece of the tiara. LMAO.
    Not as many times as I have ;). That and Legally Blonde are on repeat in my head 24/7.
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    7 days ban for 150000 6* shards is nothing man
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Superflex said:

The way this was handled was somewhat jarring. As with most things in life, if there's an opportunity to gain an advantage via a discrepancy or a loophole, some people will exploit it regardless of the consequences.

I think a warning for first time offenders and a 48 hour ban for past transgressors would have been a more sensible approach. Also, if the content had been properly tested prior to and immediately upon release, this situation would not have occurred. And, it's virtually become the norm for new content to have something go wrong on release, but only on this occasion players had a ridiculous advantage as opposed to being habitually under the cosh.

Perusing through the comments, some have asserted the situation is analogous to shoplifting or other similar clunky representations. I'm afraid none are even remotely in the same ballpark. Moreover, to even try to compare malfunctioning game content to tangible situations is a pointless exercise. It's much simpler to frame this if we look at problem at its root; to wit, x company has made a mistake and consumers have exploited this. Indeed, there are three recent situations we can apply this to, where the aforementioned occurred:

i) An airline company had a promotion on flights but released it with incorrect pricing. Thousands took advantage and bought tickets.

ii) A major retailer's customer loyalty scheme had a special promotion which incorrectly allowed customers to buy items for pennies if they bought just one item from a selected list. Plenty of customers bought a list item and got a basketload of other groceries for much less than what the list item cost.

iii) A major bank's ATM went haywire and began paying out money even if you had none in your account. Word got out and scores if not hundreds of account holders took advantage before the bank noticed the problem and shut the machine down.

In the first two instances, the respective companies took ownership of their mistake and allowed the customers to keep their gains. In the final case, the bank had to take the matter to court to retrieve the money from a few account holders. The judgement went their way but the payback terms made the whole exercise a phyrric victory; weekly payments of £1-2 a week as virtually all were unemployed and on benefits.

Many companies make mistakes when setting up and releasing promotions for their products. When customers take advantage of this, most companies don't bother to clawback their losses as the PR disaster that would emerge as a result could become an existential threat to their future prosperity. Indeed, this is almost always the case, albeit in the ToS of the promotion it will clearly state "we reserve the right to withdraw services and goods at any time" with a plethora of hypothetical scenarios that could make this a possibility. Indeed, not much different to our current predicament.

On a side note, I'm not affected by this in any way personally or as an alliance member and I have no motivation or ulterior motives; I'm simply expressing my thoughts as a fellow gamer...

You seem to think ther is some magic amount of testing that is “adequte enough” to find all buts, there is not. In addition the first 2 are mistakes in advertising, and a reasonable person would not have expected them to be incorrect, because you cannot know if those were incorrect or not. The third you mention the payback of the money that was “phyrric”, but that is just the CIVIL acction, you are ignoring the CRIMINAL action against those people.

https://www.nj.com/news/2020/08/dozens-arrested-in-widespread-atm-theft-scam.html
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

You sir are something else. 👍
    False equivalency. He specifically said “my company messed up”. Not shop lifting or theft As in marking an item incorrectly at $5 instead of $20. Putting the wrong price on an item is not the consumers fault.

Whether you agree with that analogy or not is beside the point. It’s the one he used and you tried to switch the narrative
    There are more ways to mess up than those. For example leaving the register open, leaving the back door open, leaving items in an area that are not or cannot be monitored. His equivalency is not false, yours it.

7 days ban for 150000 6* shards is nothing man

They don't keep those shards.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Arguing against bieng Punished for exploiting a Bug because it was kabams fault it was there is like arguing that you shouldn't be punished for stealing from a house because someone left the door unlocked
    I am happy that kabam has taken action against those who took advantage of bug of new side quest my friend is also got banned for 7 days and he got 100000 6* shards and when he open crystal he got 6* doom,corvus,domino,human torch,and rest of them were also god tiers so I think 7 day ban is nothing
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

I am happy that kabam has taken action against those who took advantage of bug of new side quest my friend is also got banned for 7 days and he got 100000 6* shards and when he open crystal he got 6* doom,corvus,domino,human torch,and rest of them were also god tiers so I think 7 day ban is nothing

Won't they revert the champs though?
    Qfury said:

Not sure because my friend was also thinking the same so he open 7 crystal and save 3 crystal
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    100000 6* shards vs 31 AGs, all crazy stuffs.
    Reference said:

100000 6* shards vs 31 AGs, all crazy stuffs.

That's why they are banning

Qfury said:

Not sure because my friend was also thinking the same so he open 7 crystal and save 3 crystal
    Yeah they should revert the champs. Having all of those champs is too much
    He is not uncollected yet
    I mean if they were allowed to keep those characters after the 7-day ban, I'd (hypothetically speaking) do the same lol

I mean if they were allowed to keep those characters after the 7-day ban, I'd (hypothetically speaking) do the same lol

Champions will be revert but about 3 remaining crystal not sure
This discussion has been closed.