**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Apocalypse is a dud

Comments

• Options
    A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★

Penalty to Apocalypse
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

What, a lot of people made a snap judgement and were wrong? That's shocking, this community is usually so rational and intelligent.

Hard to believe isn't it.
    You don't have a voice. WnP can gloat all he wants. He's right. Not you
    @HI_guys lol WTF is this even supposed to mean? I was agreeing sarcastically to his sarcasm. Good try though. Better luck next time.
    Rationality and you don't go together. WnP ,xNig and all actually knows the game. You disagree with people for the sake of disagreeing. And it's not even constructive

Tell me if you can connect these three. Or dont.

Corvus, true damage, guarantees crits
    Yeah. I'm the irrational one. 👍
    Good to know mate! 👍
    Don't you have some content you need to beg to be nerfed somewhere?

You aren't. Don't flatter yourself.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Remember when everybody thought Corvus Glaive was going to be useless? Or when everybody hated Ghost? Did you know that Dr Voodoo was one of the worst received Champions ever? Doctor Octopus didn't get his time in the sun until much later than his release.

Give it time, and remember that there's a lot more to Champions than just their big yellow numbers.

Some folks weren’t loving CapIW, either

You gotta play characters, not watch them on YouTube
    It's a pretty maverick idea but I'm hoping it catches on
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Well this escalated quickly. I was just trying to be my usual snarky self
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

What, a lot of people made a snap judgement and were wrong? That's shocking, this community is usually so rational and intelligent.

@HI_guys lol WTF is this even supposed to mean? I was agreeing sarcastically to his sarcasm. Good try though. Better luck next time.
    Rationality and you don't go together. WnP ,xNig and all actually knows the game. You disagree with people for the sake of disagreeing. And it's not even constructive

Good to know mate! 👍

Considering I get messages from you everyday, yes
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Good to know mate! 👍

Considering I get messages from you everyday, yes
    It's past your bedtime
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

After watching the deep dive, I can see that his damage is absolute trash and his utility is just above average. The only thing that's making him a champion to use in one's team is his synergies. He's mainly a defensive champion. He's basically a newer version of The Champion.

I think you've just lost all credibility on these forums with this one single post.
    Credibility lol
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★

You know what's funny people said that about Dr Doom too. Let's wait till he actually enters the game to cast judgement.

but his damage is trash and he doesn't seem to have anything extraordinary... prof x looks so much better
    Not everything had to have flashy yellow numbers give it time then cast judgement
    Exactly.....what if could they be some cool red numbers ticking often??
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

Remember when everybody thought Corvus Glaive was going to be useless? Or when everybody hated Ghost? Did you know that Dr Voodoo was one of the worst received Champions ever? Doctor Octopus didn't get his time in the sun until much later than his release.

Give it time, and remember that there's a lot more to Champions than just their big yellow numbers.

wait they knew this would happen
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike The big yellow numbers isn't everything
    Also @Kabam Miike talks about Ghost and Corvus
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

@Kabam Miike The big yellow numbers isn't everything
    Also @Kabam Miike talks about Ghost and Corvus

He also talks about Vodoo and Doc Ock tho.
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    I don't trust ccp members. They are showing champ at 6★ rank 3 with suicide boost and full 5 team synergy. In that level every champ powerful.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Savage said:

After watching the deep dive, I can see that his damage is absolute trash and his utility is just above average. The only thing that's making him a champion to use in one's team is his synergies. He's mainly a defensive champion. He's basically a newer version of The Champion.

I think you've just lost all credibility on these forums with this one single post.
    Gw still lives here right?
    He’s trained a padawan

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited September 2020
    Imran said:

I don't trust ccp members. They are showing champ at 6★ rank 3 with suicide boost and full 5 team synergy. In that level every champ powerful.

You mean the 6* R2, non suicides, non boosted video that Seatin put out yesterday? Why wouldn’t you use synergies? There’s a lot of players that’ll do an entire quest line with one main champ and 4 synergy partners if it’s relatively niche.

Half of the people in the CCP have put out random R3 videos of champs and they still look subpar so idk what you’re saying tbh.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    This is some good tea.

If you wish to join me while we watch some tea come and hang with me; just don't forget to bring snacks.

This is gonna be a long one.

Just stay a few feet away from me however...
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Remember Corvus? Took players a while to get used to him and you know what Apocalypse will be the same

I get he has great synergies but not every champ needs big yellow numbers in this scenario
    We are infatuated with big yellow numbers
  • Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    Savage said:

Just give it a few weeks, this theme will be replicated next month, and you know who'll make the thread 😉😉
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Imran said:

Everyone based their opinion off the UC bosses as well when the CCP didn't get the champ or before the CCP. I think the CCP is doing a better job with it but realistically need to showcase either R5 5* or stick to R1 6*'s.
  • Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

Imran said:

Everyone based their opinion off the UC bosses as well when the CCP didn't get the champ or before the CCP. I think the CCP is doing a better job with it but realistically need to showcase either R5 5* or stick to R1 6*'s.
    I agree, r5 5 stars should be the basis of all champion testing in the CCP videos, but they generally use 6 stars for making thumbnails showing ridiculous and impractical damage

I think they should make two videos for each champion, one titled "Maximum Damage Potential" (6 star r3 with full boosts) and the other titled "Practical Damage Potential" (5 star rank 5 without boosts)
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

The criticisms are pretty much still valid because of course he’s going to be a beast on a full mutant team, the problem is how many times is anyone really going to run a full mutant for that juicy 60% attack boost? He potentially has the same problem Invisible Woman has which is that she’s ridiculously overshadowed by the team and as a result having no real purpose or practical use.

If someone’s running Apocalypse, they’ll most likely bring champions like AA, Mags, Colossus, Omega Red, Domino, etc, etc. if your using this stacked of a team when why would anyone bother to use Apoc and that’s not to say it’s because he’s bad, but those other mutants are also really really good, there’s just a redundancy to it all.

I’ll admit I am excited at the prospect of running a full mutant team that covers all ground in terms of utility, but to do that your roster has to be deep.

Which makes it embarassing how bad the testing of the CCP is. None of them take a realistic approach to testing. I don't have a Cable lying around to use, nor would I use resources just as aid for one champion. I do not consider an all-mutant team reasonable, I need my slots for other counters. In reality I would only bring Apocalypse with Archangel.