**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Petition to make no difference in Thronebreaker And Cavalier UNIT-BASED Cyber Weekend Deals!

Comments

• Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    @bloodyCain thats a good possibility, but in the announcement keep in mind, they said we would see throne breaker offers be introduced over time. So if we see a throne breaker offer before black friday hits us....then there will be cyber weekend offers for T-breakers.
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    This is funny when you see the amount of disagree vs agree so i guess this is a fail petition .
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Here’s the problem with Thronebreaker deals:

Thronebreaker was not part of the roadmap, as far as I recall. Apologies if I’m wrong.

Nerfs to 6.1 and 6.2 were part of the roadmap and were abandoned after 3 months with no communication.

Many near-endgame players delayed 6.1 and 6.2 exploration with the promise of changes, making it difficult to recoup the two 25% crystals in the two months between the Thronebreaker announcement and Black Friday.

Now they’re in a position to spend or grind their *** off in a short period to catch up, in the hope of getting extra stuff. It’s the bait-and-switch element of this that is specifically gross. “Here’s a modest incentive to NOT die this content right now, and also to be excited about the future of the game so you give us money.” And then three months later, “we aren’t doing those things, and now here’s a huge incentive to get them as soon as possible.”

It’s bizarre to me that there are people who would rather be stans for a multimillion dollar company than hold them accountable for misleading customers while bolstering short-term goodwill and revenue.

So because you chose to hold off those of us who did not should get screwed? Hold them accountable for what?
  • Options

I don't think there is a Thronebreaker offer on 2020 Cyber Monday deal.

The title is new, small fraction of people have a 6* R3, and so small amount of people will buy the Thronebreaker offer (if it existed) = not much money gained.

So, yeah. I will not worry at all

but that is a reason to give them, bonus rewards for thronebreakers, but they dont have to give out very many of these packages, this is actually the best time for them to do it..
  • Options
    peterrr said:

@peterrr thats really not true my guy.

I may not be 100% free to play but when I did my first abyss run all the units I had were units I grinded from arena and arena crystals.

I ended up with a science that I used on abom because i have 5* red guardian

I dont see how this is unfair thing for them to do.
    This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you
    They are urging players to get this asap

im farming for every cyber monday + july offers 2x21K units ... and there is no way i have bonus resources to do abyss

you probably dont care about these offers but i farmed few months and now they created another level of offers wich i can only reach by spending money or forget about cyber monday .... 99% of free to play players cant too its really not doable do get both

its too soon to do cyber monday offers... christmas ? okay i can live with that, but no cyber monday we had 60 days notice ? thats nothing
    Why do you feel it is ok to hold back other players because you cannot get something? that is you spitting in the face of thronebreakers using your phrase.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    peterrr said:

I may not be 100% free to play but when I did my first abyss run all the units I had were units I grinded from arena and arena crystals.

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

im farming for every cyber monday + july offers 2x21K units ... and there is no way i have bonus resources to do abyss

you probably dont care about these offers but i farmed few months and now they created another level of offers wich i can only reach by spending money or forget about cyber monday .... 99% of free to play players cant too its really not doable do get both

its too soon to do cyber monday offers... christmas ? okay i can live with that, but no cyber monday we had 60 days notice ? thats nothing
    How does stopping yourself from actually doing content to get offers even kind of make sense to some of you? You realize actually playing the game is how you're supposed to progress? Not getting deals
  • Options
    peterrr said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

Why do you feel it is ok to hold back other players because you cannot get something? that is you spitting in the face of thronebreakers using your phrase.
    that doesnt even make sense what you just said

im saying its not doable for 99% of free to play players do abyss + act6 completion and get cyber monday offers on 60 day notice
    How does it not make sense? What does the portion of the player base at the title have to do with anything. You are wanting kabam to give thronebreakers lower deals because you cannot get the better deals yourself.
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

How does stopping yourself from actually doing content to get offers even kind of make sense to some of you? You realize actually playing the game is how you're supposed to progress? Not getting deals
    And is he talking about farming 42k units? But no, he can't do abyss. I'm assuming I read that wrong.

That logic is beyond nuts to me. 42k units as a f2p player but unwilling to do content in pursuit of deals. If you spent a portion of that doing abyss and exploring act 6 odds are you’d have thronebreaker and still some left over for the deals.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

peterrr said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

im saying its not doable for 99% of free to play players do abyss + act6 completion and get cyber monday offers on 60 day notice
    How does it not make sense? What does the portion of the player base at the title have to do with anything. You are wanting kabam to give thronebreakers lower deals because you cannot get the better deals yourself.
    I think it is equally irrational to imply that throne breakers will necessarily get worse deals by not splitting cavalier from TB as it is to imply that cav are necessarily getting worse deals due to the existence of throne breaker. That is to say, they can still offer whatever they were going to offer for TB as cavalier deals. The fact that it would include cavalier players does not make it worse, just as whatever they offer if they split the deals isn’t necessarily worse for Cavs if that’s all they were ever going to offer for cav.

I think the real issue remains the need for exclusivity. Since there’s really no virtue to accomplishments in a mobile game, we really can’t chalk this up to hard-work and clean living. These titles are somewhat about progression, somewhat about investment, and a lot about psychology. It was just easier to deal with that psychology when you could see the endpoints as clearing a certain part of the game. Adding in the new champion requirement I think made it clearer that something else was at play, ie the exclusivity. This is reserved for a certain sort of player, good isn’t good enough. And while that is all probably valid for the direction the game needs to take and how you support your most invested player base, it will have the tendency to create hard feelings.

Like for me, the stringency of my work requirements in healthcare will probably forever prevent me from alliance participation. I presume with the splitting of the deals I wont see the kind of offers that will allow me to affordably keep up with players that sort of shape the future of the game. It’s a little like being 3rd tier player, and seeing yourself moving towards 4th or 5th tier instead of 2nd, and not really seeing a pathway to anything but 6th and 7th.

But the game probably doesn’t drive on folks like me, and I don’t really expect it to.
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    @peterrr
    Ok I do care about the offers because I do buy every single one both units and $$ deals

Heres how my progress for thronebreaker happened:

I have two r3 6 star champs

Tigra and Abomination(like i said earlier)

I completed act 6 before July 4 deals(again with units I saved)

I completed abyss with the units i had left over near the end of july(unfortunately that was during the time when the came was constantly going down)

Tigra was my first r3 even though my first T5cc was science from abyss
    ————————————————
    I got lucky from rng to form a mystic t5cc from these places:
    A.) 25% selector for act 6 completion
    B.) 25% for exploring 6.1 and v5
    C.) All the odin offers for 15% t5cc from july 4th
    D.) the 10% selector from omega boss rush
    E.) 2% crystals from cav side quests
    ———————————————

I still would have a r3 Abom which ofc many people would complain as their only option for a r3......but i still did it

So again this title is not “unfair” to get

This achievable for both f2p and people who spend

Main point:
    You’re complaining for something you’re not ready for.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

I think it is equally irrational to imply that throne breakers will necessarily get worse deals by not splitting cavalier from TB as it is to imply that cav are necessarily getting worse deals due to the existence of throne breaker. That is to say, they can still offer whatever they were going to offer for TB as cavalier deals. The fact that it would include cavalier players does not make it worse, just as whatever they offer if they split the deals isn’t necessarily worse for Cavs if that’s all they were ever going to offer for cav.

I think the real issue remains the need for exclusivity. Since there’s really no virtue to accomplishments in a mobile game, we really can’t chalk this up to hard-work and clean living. These titles are somewhat about progression, somewhat about investment, and a lot about psychology. It was just easier to deal with that psychology when you could see the endpoints as clearing a certain part of the game. Adding in the new champion requirement I think made it clearer that something else was at play, ie the exclusivity. This is reserved for a certain sort of player, good isn’t good enough. And while that is all probably valid for the direction the game needs to take and how you support your most invested player base, it will have the tendency to create hard feelings.

Like for me, the stringency of my work requirements in healthcare will probably forever prevent me from alliance participation. I presume with the splitting of the deals I wont see the kind of offers that will allow me to affordably keep up with players that sort of shape the future of the game. It’s a little like being 3rd tier player, and seeing yourself moving towards 4th or 5th tier instead of 2nd, and not really seeing a pathway to anything but 6th and 7th.

But the game probably doesn’t drive on folks like me, and I don’t really expect it to.
    Well articulated, but I would say that if TB deals are going to improve, it's specifically because the desired end game players are now identifiably different than those still working their way through Act 6.

Take the unit deals from July 4th as an example. The unit deals were fairly underwhelming in 6* resources, and it's not farfetched to say the reason for that is because many Cavalier players working through Act 6 had access to them. Meanwhile, the Odin included a 6* nexus that changed the accounts of some people who hadn't even started 6.2. So I can see why Kabam is worried about balancing deals for the endgame players with players who should be far more focused on their 5* rosters.

So in conclusion, I have no idea what the deals are going to be on Cyber Weekend, but I have little doubt that Kabam would hold back on deals geared toward endgame players if they were still grouped together with much if the mid-level.

As a sort of post script, I will say again that there is no such thing as keeping up with the first tier players. It's an illusion designed to compel you to spend beyond your means. Invest as much as you expect to feel will add to your enjoyment of the game. That's the mantra I go by, and strongly recommend to anyone else who feels slighted by the existence of a higher tier of deals.
    You and a few of other guys here have been working pretty hard to remind folks not to get caught up in the psychology of the titles, and I do appreciate that. But every game I’ve had to finally quit was one in which I found the nadir of my arc. This is the game I have played far and away the longest and invested the most, and it’s been a pretty nice thing to be able to just pick up between on-call shifts and patients. I have the 15k units, so if I can scrap back to 3rd tier or so (completely made up subjective tier list in my head), I’ll probably keep with it. Otherwise, I’ll likely just wander off!
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

That is false. Lets say they were to offer a T5CC as part of the deal. They are not going to give it to cavs because that would make the thronebreaker progression pointless, and would devalue t5cc. Instead they would just drop thronebreaker to whatever they planned for cavs. They are vastly more likely to drop thronebreaker down to cavs then they are to raise cavs up to thronebreaker.
  • Options
    peterrr said:

Ebony_Naw said:

peterrr said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

And is he talking about farming 42k units? But no, he can't do abyss. I'm assuming I read that wrong.

That logic is beyond nuts to me. 42k units as a f2p player but unwilling to do content in pursuit of deals. If you spent a portion of that doing abyss and exploring act 6 odds are you’d have thronebreaker and still some left over for the deals.
    I mean, we have to be understanding that incorrectly, right? It's so irrational that it's incomprehensible to me.

If someone values the TB unit deals so much, then use 3k units to complete abyss and wait to see if the t5cc is worth using.
    usually it costs 6K + i dont have aegon + offers are better .... logical enough for ya m8 ?
    While I disagree with your philosophy, I don't think we will come to agree on that.

But perhaps you can humor me by answering this question:

Does it bother you that a tier of offer exists for Cavalier players that is not accessible to Uncollected players? Because I don't really see a difference. Creating separate tiers allows Kabam to offer more resources to cavalier players that would otherwise be considered broken for Uncollected players. And likewise, each tier is offered something not available to lower tiers because it would be deemed inappropriate for the lower tier, but relevant in progressing for an account at the level of the offer. Why, then, would you deem it unfair for Kabam to do the same by partitioning Cavalier and TB offers? It allows them to throw in more t5cc or whatever will be offered, that they would be worried about giving to Cavalier players.

The only difference I can see is that one scenario affects you (and me for now), while the other does not.
    you are missing my point... its on short notice... i cant prepare for abyss + complete act6 and have 21k units in 2 months thats not doable and it puts me behind because they didnt annouce it early
    what does that have to do with anything?
  • Options
    peterrr said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

Ebony_Naw said:

peterrr said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

I mean, we have to be understanding that incorrectly, right? It's so irrational that it's incomprehensible to me.

If someone values the TB unit deals so much, then use 3k units to complete abyss and wait to see if the t5cc is worth using.
    usually it costs 6K + i dont have aegon + offers are better .... logical enough for ya m8 ?
    While I disagree with your philosophy, I don't think we will come to agree on that.

Does it bother you that a tier of offer exists for Cavalier players that is not accessible to Uncollected players? Because I don't really see a difference. Creating separate tiers allows Kabam to offer more resources to cavalier players that would otherwise be considered broken for Uncollected players. And likewise, each tier is offered something not available to lower tiers because it would be deemed inappropriate for the lower tier, but relevant in progressing for an account at the level of the offer. Why, then, would you deem it unfair for Kabam to do the same by partitioning Cavalier and TB offers? It allows them to throw in more t5cc or whatever will be offered, that they would be worried about giving to Cavalier players.

The only difference I can see is that one scenario affects you (and me for now), while the other does not.
    you are missing my point... its on short notice... i cant prepare for abyss + complete act6 and have 21k units in 2 months thats not doable and it puts me behind because they didnt annouce it early
    thats the point and you are missing it ... i can do abyss and act6 no problem but its on short notice and they screwed me over with that ... there is no time
    im not missing anything. It seems you think kabam cannot give rewards based on your progression level and personal time only? And how are they screwing you over by not giving you better rewards for a progression you have not gotten? you have a major sense of entitlement.
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    peterrr said:

thats the point and you are missing it ... i can do abyss and act6 no problem but its on short notice and they screwed me over with that ... there is no time

Thronebreaker title was not announced just keeping cyber weekend deals in mind..... Their might be 100 different things they might have thought of before announcing the TB title......
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

Lormif said:

peterrr said:

Ebony_Naw said:

peterrr said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

peterrr said:

This is not a necessity
    They are not forcing you

im not missing anything. It seems you think kabam cannot give rewards based on your progression level and personal time only? And how are they screwing you over by not giving you better rewards for a progression you have not gotten? you have a major sense of entitlement.

They don't like it when you use the "e" word.

I think ultimately we will see if this will lead to offers of a lower caliber for Cav players, or simply better offers for TB. I have no doubt Kabam was holding back on July 4th when it came to the unit deals. We'll just have to see how this plays out. I sympathize with those who are worried that the Cav offers will be worse than July 4th, but I have a hard time understanding those who simply want the best offers and are bothered by the belief that they no longer fall into that category (which is likely, but has yet to be confirmed).
    I doubt they will hold back the cavs offer to make them worse on cyber Monday, that would not make sense, but I dont think they are going to give cavs a t5cc, that would make thronebreaker pointless.
This discussion has been closed.