**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Devil of Hell's Kitchen Overhaul: Thoughts?

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Posts: 842 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

Chobbly said:

For me, there's two main issues which have been validated since the buff dropped a year ago. One is more important the other, but both are relevant to the kit.

1) The Regen Rate penalty is the most maligned part of the kit and for good reason. It makes him unplayable with Suicides, and when not he still suffers excessively to DoT effects.
    2) Overall damage. His damage is dependent upon rotations, specially the SP2, but is unable to sustain then for long enough.

DDHK shouldn't be the biggest Skill hitter - in my opinion that's not what he is. What he is though is tough and resilient which is why the Regen Rate penalty doesn't sit well from an implementation perspective to me.

I hope that Kabam can look at him again, and increase the Regen Rate. The damage with rotations can be improved by increasing the duration of some of his buffs. Neither of these should be complex or involved changes and may just be configuration.

I hope we can get a response from one of the mods.

One of the reasons his kit is widely unknown is because of the regen issue. From the onset of his buff people were off put by that 40% with no ability to shrug off damaging debuffs.

Kingpin is totally different. The DOT debuffs help you in many regards.

Here’s to awaiting a response by someone addressing the issues at hand so the community can enjoy this guy:

🍻
    Your absolutely right about Kingpin. Debuffs get turned into permanent Rage Debuffs which get turned into an Overpower buff. Ranking up my 6* Kingpin was one of the best ingane decisions I've made.

But that's the problem with DDHK Rank up resources are precious and he does a few niche things but that's it. He needs the Regen Rate sorting out and hopefully the buff durations addressing to support rotations better. As you say then more players will see him as a viable champ rather than a dud.

And yes, @Konstant45 I know where you are coming from. But we're still trying to be hopeful and show a little faith in Kabam that they will address this issue, given the data they will now have collected. We aren't asking for a rework, just tweaks potentially to just numbers. Fingers are crossed that we get a response.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★

Guys
    Im not the one who usually pulls down but im just being practical here
    You guys know what kabam did to guillotine, they nerfed her -> community outraged -> they pretended that they listened (held an ama) -> did absolutely nothing valuable to the character.
    And THAT was for a community buff choice program champ

I dont wanna spoil your enthusiasm here
    But i dont think kabam will even ever so comment on this thread regarding ddhk
    Its already at almost 10k views, not a single mod comment. Just saying.

If kabam didnt do anything to guilloting and left her as is, i dont think they will even try and dabble with ddhk.
    Its just what it is.

Although if they do, i'll be really happy.

I appreciate the realism and the kind words.
    Sigh, I do sometimes feel deluded in hoping that they will acknowledge us.
    But we need to keep trying for DDHK.
    Small but very loyal fanbase he’s got.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    @Konstant45

First of all, my dad would be proud of your name.

Nuff’ said on that.

I understand your frustration, but if we don’t try then we fail 100%.

I’m also confident that we’ll have some kind of response. Doesn’t mean it’ll be what we want

@Konstant45

Nuff’ said on that.

I’m also confident that we’ll have some kind of response. Doesn’t mean it’ll be what we want

Absolutely - they may say "No." Or they could say "50% Regen and that's your lot".

But it's better to try and fail, than fail to try.

Chobbly said:

@Konstant45

Nuff’ said on that.

Absolutely - they may say "No." Or they could say "50% Regen and that's your lot".

But it's better to try and fail, than fail to try.

Honestly if it was a blanket no I think it would be no by now. Why not just kill the thread?

Regardless, we deserve to at least hear a response. I get they have stuff going on but it’s been a year now.

@FluffyPigMonster @Rookiie @Chobbly
    I appreciate your efforts and i hope they result in somthing valuable in the end
    And yes, I 100% agree on atleast trying, cuz something is better than nothing.

Its been a long time since I've seen so much positivity in the forums, even if ddhk ends up not getting tuned atleast we'll know we have brilliant minds ready to collab and generate ideas.
    Talking about ddhk, i know nothing about him, so im not even gonna try and comment anything related to the tune up but you guys are great at not giving up and i appreciate that very much

Also @FluffyPigMonster , i didnt get how your dad would be proud of me
    (But atleast one dad on this earth is proud of me so i'll take it lmao)

Man you are just downright awesome, do you know that?
    Thank you for brightening up my day.
    Whoever visits this thread, please take some time to vote a course of action here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289888/ddhk-tune-up-poll#latest

Rookiie said:

I appreciate your efforts and i hope they result in somthing valuable in the end

Its been a long time since I've seen so much positivity in the forums, even if ddhk ends up not getting tuned atleast we'll know we have brilliant minds ready to collab and generate ideas.
    Talking about ddhk, i know nothing about him, so im not even gonna try and comment anything related to the tune up but you guys are great at not giving up and i appreciate that very much

Man you are just downright awesome, do you know that?
    Thank you for brightening up my day.
    Thanks man
    Your comment genuinely made me happy
    You should be happy. We need to make this a happy constructive place.

Thank you, friend. We’re trying to be constructive. Come be part of it. There are a good group of people here.
    Rookiie said:

Whoever visits this thread, please take some time to vote a course of action here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289888/ddhk-tune-up-poll#latest

Excellent!

The poll is already looking decent. Great work, @Rookiie !
    Totally agree, let's keep the positive rolling. I'll go and vote myself in a bit - great idea for a poll, whatever comes of it can help and inform. :)
    edited December 2021
    Here’s another one if they were worried about regeneration:

King Groot’s regen is ridiculous.

I know it’s not a debuff thing but he goes from 1% health to 100% easily.

If DDHK was set at 100% regen it wouldn’t come close to regenerating that quickly.

His SP1 animation is far too short.... they need to make it longer.....

I actually wish it meant something to use the SP1 other than the hit combo meter increase and small crit rating bump.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

His SP1 animation is far too short.... they need to make it longer.....

I actually wish it meant something to use the SP1 other than the hit combo meter increase and small crit rating bump.
    It's extremely handy when fighting opponents with Bane, if that accounts for much.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 70
    This buff was probably the one I was most looking forward to throughout this entire overhaul program. Not sure why the Regen was such a thing that steps were taken to remove it, but it's pretty clear it was the wrong approach.

I would definitely like to see some time spent reevaluating Daredevil HK
    Mobius360 said:

Here’s another one if they were worried about regeneration:

King Groot’s regen is ridiculous.

I know it’s not a debuff thing but he goes from 1% health to 100% easily.

If DDHK was set at 100% regen it wouldn’t come close to regenerating that quickly.

Diablo as well
    Yes. As previously added - Corvus, iBom, Magneto and a few others.
    I will say, I fought a bunch of falter nodes and the guy just bypasses all of that. People need to be aware of his utility.

I will say, I fought a bunch of falter nodes and the guy just bypasses all of that. People need to be aware of his utility.

Yeah, with the right adjustments this guy is going to be so so good.
    One of the more successful buffs imo.
    Rookiie said:

Not yet. He needs his adjustment!

Rookiie said:

Not yet. He needs his adjustment!

Yeah I worded it wrongly.
    Will be one of the more successful buffs*
    edited December 2021
    One of the (few) times I pick him above other champs is when I need a dedicated Miss counter. He's useful against the likes of Professor X and Ebony Maw - the rest of his kit is pretty irrelevant in those fights but the inability to be Miss can be useful.
    Chobbly said:

One of the (few) times I pick him above other champs is when I need a dedicated Miss counter. He's useful against the likes of Professor X and Ebony Maw - the rest of his kit is pretty irrelevant in those fights but the inability to be Miss can be useful.

For me after one fight he’s pretty useless unless I dump potions into him. One debuff and it’s debilitating. And I run max willpower
This discussion has been closed.