**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Devil of Hell's Kitchen Overhaul: Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

I saw that, it was a great display of Kraven.

I’m still hopeful that a balance (a numbers adjustment) to DDHK will occur.

I know Kabam isn’t “blind” to DDHK’s issues.

Eh! See what I did there @Kabam Miike

What is it going to take to get a response smh …
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Sight aside - I've just become the lucky owner of a duped 6* Karnak from the Featured crystal (was hoping for S-2099, Peni or Hercules but my luck with these crystals is atrocious).

One nice thing about the kit, and the reason for mentioning, it that Karnak's kit also has a lengthy Fury on the SP2. This Fury is paused for 5 seconds when the opponent is knocked down. Would something like this work for DDHK? It fits with the brawler mindset of the DDHK kit quite nicely and may just be a 'lift and port' from Karnak, depending on how the kits are constructed internally.

I'm still hopeful we can get a response @Rookiie . As has been said more than once, we remain hopeful and positive @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Boo that something can be done with this champion, some changes to numbers are least, to make him a more viable champion.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/291029/ddhk-discussion#latest

Looks like other people are noticing to include YouTubers
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    What i hate the most about the changes done to DDHK and kingpin is that they are now countered by defender void. That’s just ridiculous
    Not only do they rely on debuffs on themselves fir more damage, but they have regen rate cut down in half or more.
    Sure they can ignore his petrify debuff, but that’s not the point.
  • Options
    Karuseus said:

What i hate the most about the changes done to DDHK and kingpin is that they are now countered by defender void. That’s just ridiculous
    Not only do they rely on debuffs on themselves fir more damage, but they have regen rate cut down in half or more.
    Sure they can ignore his petrify debuff, but that’s not the point.

Against nodes like Aspect of Nightmares, you normally lose 50% health and get it all back after 12 seconds ( for the higher level AoN). This minus the recovery mastery and whatever other factors.

DDHK will only get back 40% of that. Meaning you normally lose 50% and get back 50% (just to do math) but DDHK will lose 50% and gain back 20%.

All without getting hit.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Love hanging in the DDHK lounge

We are the watchers that keep the Battlerealm safe so everyone else can sleep at night. Kabam is reading, keep up the good ideas.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

We are the watchers that keep the Battlerealm safe so everyone else can sleep at night. Kabam is reading, keep up the good ideas.

Wonderfully said. I hope Kabam take heed and improve him, I would love to see endgame bosses projects with DDHK, the way content creators have been doing; most recently with Hawkeye.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

Thanks, friend. We know they’re reading because they’ve deleted some posts in here.

I used DDHK in AQ vs IW mini-boss. He does some work, BUT when a debuff is applied to him (rage or other) he does NOT recover the amount of healing that ANY OTHER CHAMP would. And I’ve turned off LC and DE.

For example, IW can apply debuffs also as the mini- and they’re non DOT. You should reasonably heal, but he doesn’t. Without getting hit my health dropped to 83% just from block damage in one fight and that’s after I healed a little from rage and Exhaustion.

He’s not OP to begin with. So I simply ask:

What’s up with that?
  • Options
    I just hope Kabam don’t buff DDHK through Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Elektra synergies when they get buffed.
    Kabam: DDHK needs to stand on his own two feet. Please don’t make him synergy dependent as he already is.
    #FixDaredevil
  • Options
    Terra said:

Rookiie said:

I just hope Kabam don’t buff DDHK through Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Elektra synergies when they get buffed.
    Kabam: DDHK needs to stand on his own two feet. Please don’t make him synergy dependent as he already is.
    #FixDaredevil

This, oh god this.
    Buffing underperforming or older champs via Synergy is not the way to go about it and seems in my mind lazy. I know time constraints and everything but still.
    DDHK has enough of a fanbase within the community to warrant a proper eye at
    Buffing champs through synergies is the worst IMO.

And I wouldn’t call what we’re asking a buff. Mostly it’s all a numbers adjustment.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

#FixDaredevil

Yep, that would be terrible. I’d hate it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Rookiie said:

#FixDaredevil

Dr. Zola
    I hope you get all the buffs you’re looking for there.

Synergies should give the champ a kick, and not bring them up to treading water.

Hopefully Kabam has realized that.

Like DDHK’s synergy with Peni. Pretty much deletes the SP3 and saves you a bar of power increasing damage indirectly.

Well done Kabam. Well done.

Now fix the rest of him, please.
  • Options

DrZola said:

Rookiie said:

#FixDaredevil

Dr. Zola

Synergies should give the champ a kick, and not bring them up to treading water.

Like DDHK’s synergy with Peni. Pretty much deletes the SP3 and saves you a bar of power increasing damage indirectly.

💯%

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    They really to strike a deal with Gordon Ramsey

SP1 - Kitchen Nightmare - Throws a series of Chef's knives at his opponent causing filleting Bleed Damage.
    SP2 - Hells Kitchen - Gets angry and kicks the opponent calling him a doughnut - up to 50% health lost in critical review hit.
    SP3 - 24 Hits to Hell back - 24 quick hits causing incinerate damage resulting in 24% health loss.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Rookiie said:

#FixDaredevil

Dr. Zola

Yeah the synergy is a bit much. I get the synergy piece , but champs shouldn't have more than 15% locked behind their synergies.

My recipe is 80% base kit and they can put 20% between signature ability and synergy.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Texas_11 said:

DrZola said:

Rookiie said:

#FixDaredevil

Dr. Zola

Yeah the synergy is a bit much. I get the synergy piece , but champs shouldn't have more than 15% locked behind their synergies.

My recipe is 80% base kit and they can put 20% between signature ability and synergy.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying.
    It’s the case with his buff durations and his utility.
    They gave him 65% DAAR on his own, and then locked the remaining 35% behind a synergy with Elektra and Psylocke. That 65% should have been 80% at the MINIMUM.
    They should never have locked more than 20% behind a synergy piece, and 20% is stretching it!!

Edit: also, it’s not like Elektra and Psylocke are Cosmic Ghost Rider and Doom. I have no reason to bring either of them into my team. So what are Kabam playing at? Just making sure DDHK drowns and sinks to the bottom? Balanced my …
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Texas_11 said:

DrZola said:

Rookiie said:

#FixDaredevil

Dr. Zola

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying.
    It’s the case with his buff durations and his utility.
    They gave him 65% DAAR on his own, and then locked the remaining 35% behind a synergy with Elektra and Psylocke. That 65% should have been 80% at the MINIMUM.
    They should never have locked more than 20% behind a synergy piece, and 20% is stretching it!!

Edit: also, it’s not like Elektra and Psylocke are Cosmic Ghost Rider and Doom. I have no reason to bring either of them into my team. So what are Kabam playing at? Just making sure DDHK drowns and sinks to the bottom? Balanced my …
    The thing is though, all of this is just numbers. And they can be changed. But I agree with the 80 / 20 rule, sounds like a decent general approach to take.

I think the one thing we don't know is what is coming up. Psylocke or Elektra could have an amazing buff coming up next year for example. Both would benefit from it, Elektra especially.

But yeah. Fix the Regen Rate which is holding back the kit and do something to make the rotations better/more consistent, and we'll have a great champ for a wider variety of content.

#FixDaredevil
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @DrZola agree completely on the healing.
    They should cut out the regen on him completely.

For Durability:
    Murdock's Boy- he is supposed to be a Boxer, so have him Glance hits like a boxer.
    Stick's Apprentice- ninja mode, so Evade Unblockables.

This would also make Kabam happy, because he would be a tough defender.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Denslo500 said:

For Durability:
    Murdock's Boy- he is supposed to be a Boxer, so have him Glance hits like a boxer.

Thoughts?

If there was ever a restructure of the kit on this level, that would be great. Switching between Glancing and Evasion would fit really well.

Awesome idea, @Denslo500 :)
  • Options
    @Chobbly Thank you.
  • Options
    For Attack, what do you guys think about Rupture.

He is traditionally a blunt force attacker. In comics, he uses a Billy Club.
    He ought to be the Rupture King of the game.
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

Denslo500 said:

For Durability:

Thoughts?

If there was ever a restructure of the kit on this level, that would be great. Switching between Glancing and Evasion would fit really well.

I like that. Feels more like DD.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

Denslo500 said:

For Durability:

Thoughts?

I like your ideas @Denslo500 , genuinely great.
    However, as @Chobbly mentioned, that would require a restructure of his kit on another level.
    At this point, I am willing to wait IF Kabam provide us data and give us an assessment of where this champion performs and underperforms in the contest.
    However, if they choose to remain silent, then I’m going to hold out for a numbers tune up, as I don’t see them taking this topic as seriously as we do.
This discussion has been closed.