**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Devil of Hell's Kitchen Overhaul: Thoughts?

Comments

• sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    Definitely add Gordon Ramsay to MCOC. Sig Ability would be called, "It's Raw!" where he stacks furies for x secs.
    During combat, random quotes would appear each time he parties, like, "Donut, You donkey!, You're getting your knickers in a knot., Etc."
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

I appreciate all the hard work in these threads to try and get DD fixed but they won’t do it. They don’t GAF, and never will. The game is broken and this would be about number 4,000 on the top things to fix.

Not trying will 100% fail.

We’re presenting logical adjustments that work within his kit. Even if they just restore the regen to normal and deal with the rest later is a great help to the community.

I don’t want to argue and be negative. I believe together we can get our point across. Both Kabam and the community want the same thing.

I don’t believe they aren’t sympathetic to the community, they just have so many things to do that immediately engaging this problem will elicit many other responses and they can’t have that.

He will be adjusted as long as we are rational, respectful and diplomatic.

The community needs envoys and ambassadors to get done the things that are meaningful to us all.

Please help us, you’re more than welcomed.
    I support your cause 100%. I hope they end up doing it. At this point after all these years, I have very little faith in the company anymore.
    Thank you bro. I know @Chobbly and @Rookiie appreciate it too
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,682 ★★★★★

I appreciate all the hard work in these threads to try and get DD fixed but they won’t do it. They don’t GAF, and never will. The game is broken and this would be about number 4,000 on the top things to fix.

Not trying will 100% fail.

We’re presenting logical adjustments that work within his kit. Even if they just restore the regen to normal and deal with the rest later is a great help to the community.

I don’t want to argue and be negative. I believe together we can get our point across. Both Kabam and the community want the same thing.

I don’t believe they aren’t sympathetic to the community, they just have so many things to do that immediately engaging this problem will elicit many other responses and they can’t have that.

He will be adjusted as long as we are rational, respectful and diplomatic.

The community needs envoys and ambassadors to get done the things that are meaningful to us all.

Please help us, you’re more than welcomed.
    I support your cause 100%. I hope they end up doing it. At this point after all these years, I have very little faith in the company anymore.
    Thank you bro. I know @Chobbly and @Rookiie appreciate it too

I do for sure. Thank you for the positive words and encouragement @Speedro420
    I hope they prove us wrong and fix him soon
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★

Here’s a fight showcasing his ability to fight DOT debuff inflicting champs. He has no way to shrug off DOT debuffs. This is liquid courage and double edge in place of debuffs and willpower maxed:

https://youtu.be/USv28PQc3Es

This video is a perfect example of why something needs to be done to the Regen Rate - thanks for posting it.
    I don’t know why, but I’m really excited
    I feel like something is cooking
    Chobbly said:

Here’s a fight showcasing his ability to fight DOT debuff inflicting champs. He has no way to shrug off DOT debuffs. This is liquid courage and double edge in place of debuffs and willpower maxed:

https://youtu.be/USv28PQc3Es

This video is a perfect example of why something needs to be done to the Regen Rate - thanks for posting it.
    I wanted to make one where I do nothing but dance around and hit into WS’s block and not get hit in order to get KO’d by my lack of regen with liquid courage but i think that made its point.
    I honestly can't think of a champion
    Rookiie said:

Two champions from Hell’s Kitchen are coming in February! @Kabam Miike is this the chance we’ve been waiting for? 👀

Well, if there was a perfect time for a few tweaks to DDHK, this is certainly it. Very intrigued by what could be in store for February...
    I would say Echo could be one. She’s a big DD character.

Anyway - DDHK has some traction now!

Maybe Stick could be the other new champ?
    Chobbly said:

Maybe Stick could be the other new champ?
    I think a real villain. There are many DD villains.

I would say Bullseye.

Need that regen ASAP @Kabam Miike

Bullseye doesn’t miss! Debuffs galore!

I just played Hawkeye, and they fixed his critical bleed problem in about 36 hours.

Thank you for that, Kabam.

So it can be done. I’m sure there needs to be some testing and data to be collected for any changes to DDHK, but that can be supplemented with the data collected in this thread (at least partially).

Once again, not to steal @Rookiie ’s thunder, but we have a bunch of solutions to problems presented. Things like the regen can be restored to 100% easily, and a decreased recovery from the rage set like the poisons are for iBom.

We understand you’re busy, and we’ll continue our patience. But we’re trying to make sure you’re aware of our concerns and issues.

Once again, we all want the same thing. We’re not asking for a helicarrier, just a fair fix for one of the iconic Marvel heroes.

Thanks @Kabam Miike

Oh it’s not my thunder to be stolen.
    We’re all one team with the same objective (at least, everybody but the people who voted he doesn’t need a buff 🤪).
    Tweaking DDHK like we've suggested would be a great way of building up towards the Hell's Kitchen event next year.

If we could get the tweak (even if just numbers) could get pushed out next month, it would get people using the champ, ranking him up, and feed into the event which now (kind of) bears his name.

Unless there is a desire to do more, just the number increase for Regen Rate and Buff durations would make him viable for so many more Summoners. He could even be made the login crystal champ for next month or something, ahead of the event.
    Chobbly said:

Tweaking DDHK like we've suggested would be a great way of building up towards the Hell's Kitchen event next year.

If we could get the tweak (even if just numbers) could get pushed out next month, it would get people using the champ, ranking him up, and feed into the event which now (kind of) bears his name.

Unless there is a desire to do more, just the number increase for Regen Rate and Buff durations would make him viable for so many more Summoners. He could even be made the login crystal champ for next month or something, ahead of the event.

I’m excited to see next month’s buffs.
    I feel like they listened. And if not next month then by Feb’s buff announcements at most. Just a gut feeling.
    But ideally by or before the event would be great.
    Maybe we’ll have side objectives with DDHK or #Defenders against Kingpin or #Villain.
    Rookiie said:

Chobbly said:

I’m excited to see next month’s buffs.
    I feel like they listened. And if not next month then by Feb’s buff announcements at most. Just a gut feeling.
    But ideally by or before the event would be great.
    Maybe we’ll have side objectives with DDHK or #Defenders against Kingpin or #Villain.
    As stated, any debuff applied to DDHK is so miserable with the 40%. Rage can’t recover it.

We need the restoration of his regen to 100%. They can reduce the recovery of the rage debuffs as they did to iBom’s self poison.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    Amazing this thread is still going, and a testament to how much people want to love DDHK and use him more. Kabam should take note and just implement the minor regen adjustment to fix this champ. Won't make him OP, but will make him playable whether you have suicides on or not and that's really what most people want
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    I admire you guys work and really hope they can fix him, I really want to like him and I feel his kit could be dope with a little fix but there's just something off with him
    Chovner said:

Amazing this thread is still going, and a testament to how much people want to love DDHK and use him more. Kabam should take note and just implement the minor regen adjustment to fix this champ. Won't make him OP, but will make him playable whether you have suicides on or not and that's really what most people want

Some champs are better than others with liquid courage and double edge. Some champs are better without.

Just about all those champs who fit into one of the above categories can utilized in their lesser desirable mastery setup.

DDHK is not only debilitating with liquid courage and double edge (even at max willpower and recovery), but if a debuff (DOT) is applied to him it has the same debilitating effect.

It was a nice experiment - which they learned with Kingpin (he shrugs off debuffs and makes them potent furies) but DDHK still cannot.

Restoring DDHK’s regen with a reduced recovery with the rage debuffs won’t bring him near any high tier skill champ let alone best champs in the game.

I look forward to any progress into making him viable for everyone.

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    You guys still talking about DDHK? I've never used this champ in my 7 years of playing this game so I don't get why you all are so obsessed with him lol

I would love to see a minor adjustment to his regen rate. One of my all-time favorite Marvel characters. The only thing holding me back from taking up my 6* is the fact that I run suicides 24/7. I'm still considering it just for the fun of it, might use him purely in easy quests or rol fun.I just wish I was able to use him, because he would be instantly ranked up

Do you believe that if they restored his regen to full, like iBom or Diablo with their poisons (but in this instant rage) that he would be overpowered somehow?
    edited December 2021

I would love to see a minor adjustment to his regen rate. One of my all-time favorite Marvel characters. The only thing holding me back from taking up my 6* is the fact that I run suicides 24/7. I'm still considering it just for the fun of it, might use him purely in easy quests or rol fun.I just wish I was able to use him, because he would be instantly ranked up

Do you believe that if they restored his regen to full, like iBom or Diablo with their poisons (but in this instant rage) that he would be overpowered somehow?

He wouldn’t be overpowered at all. That’s a fact. They should tune down his Rage regen for sure if they tune up his base regen. He should be balanced, and I want to feel the grit of the brawler.
    But the way things are now, DDHK got shortchanged with both the regen and the damage.
    We don’t want too much of one and not the other.
    The right balance of both will make sure his kit comes into its own.
    edited December 2021
    Out of the 10 Skill buffs (excluding DDHK), 9 are widely considered (pretty much known) to be more successful.

This is just sad. Especially considering he got a whole month to himself, and probably the most rework. And for what? Ask yourselves Kabam, are you really happy where DDHK has landed? Look at the data and tell us what you see.
    edited December 2021
    Also I think the below should be bumped up to 75-80%. I remember when Kam was testing this it was either bugged or not very reliable. I’m not sure if this has been fixed not.

Anyway I don’t think a significant part of utility should ever be locked behind a synergy. So maybe make it 80%. And 20% locked behind the synergy with Elektra and Psylocke. It’s only fair.

Edit: if they wanted to lock 35% behind a synergy, at least let the synergy partner be a top champ. Like this doesn’t make sense. At all.
    Rookiie said:

Also I think the below should be bumped up to 75-80%. I remember when Kam was testing this it was either bugged or not very reliable. I’m not sure if this has been fixed not.

Anyway I don’t think a significant part of utility should ever be locked behind a synergy. So maybe make it 80%. And 20% locked behind the synergy with Elektra and Psylocke. It’s only fair.

Edit: if they wanted to lock 35% behind a synergy, at least let the synergy partner be a top champ. Like this doesn’t make sense. At all.

They made him a super duper high investment champ. Resources, stones, etc. He needs to be at a high sig and rank to be average at damage.

Something has to give back.
This discussion has been closed.