**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    Just as I was warming-up to the idea of spending money in this game once again, Kabam reminded me of why I stopped in the first place...... #norespect
  • DenCanyonDenCanyon Posts: 3
    edited November 2020
    For a heavy RNG based game they did nothing to assist Cav players in reaching the next tier. I mean, who wants to Rank 3 a Miles or Kamala? This is a whales world now peeps and sadly they spent a ton. Cavs and lower are being left in the dust. Time for me to make the move from spender and grinder to free to play and semi-retired.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Uninspired was the term someone used for this year’s offers. That’s pretty spot on.

I’ll add an out-of-the-box package that could have caused me to take a second look: a 4* rankup/max sig offer aimed at Cavs for the 4* Challenge solo objectives.

I’ve got tons of max 4*’s—most of which are oldish—and I hate wasting any resources on 4* in general unless it’s to top off for Level Up milestones. While 4/40 4* are usually more than enough to knock out the 4* Cav EQ challenge objectives, in some cases having a more current 4* at 5/50 or even 4/40 would provide better counters than an older 4*.

It’s not game breaking or something I’d drop a lot of cash or units on, but inclusion of thoughtful offers in that vein would at least suggest some level of understanding of how many veteran/Cav/higher end Summoners play the game.

With all the available game data and plenty of feedback online (some useful and lots not so much), formulating useful, profitable in-game deals shouldn’t be difficult.

Dr. Zola

Whooooosh!!!

Whist I understand your reasoning in this request I think it's an extremely dangerous thing to be asking.

It's clear as day what they think of Cavs now. We don't need them tailoring deals or rewards to us in form of 4* resources buddy! With the excuse of that solo Objective in mind.

Personally I've skipped 2 out of 3 of those so far so I'd be reeeeeally pissed to be getting more 4* focused things than we already get.

Again, I understand where you're coming from but kbm would be highly unlikely to throw this as an addition on top of things we dedperately need. Rather they'd make this part of the focus.
    Fair enough. History suggests the team tends to take ideas like this and flog them until they are dead and devoid of value. It’s just one example, and not one I’d necessarily want as a mainline offer.

However, the sad part is that it would actually be more valuable to me than the T5b shards and T4c selector that’s currently showing for the Parker’s Wallet offer for me. Let that sink in.

As far as what they think of us—whether it’s driven by disconnection or sheer disdain—I agree with you here again. If it doesn’t force everyone to reevaluate why they spend precious resources (time and money) on MCOC, then that’s probably a cause for deep introspection in and of itself.

Dr. Zola
  • SupermancaSupermanca Posts: 222
    Either fix these trashy offers or remove the R3 requirement for throne breakers. @Kabam Miike I think that should satisfy everyone.
  • HodgePodge19HodgePodge19 Posts: 15
    I like how to be thronebreaker and get the best rewards I HAVE to rank up my unduped Venom the Duck to rank 3. Considering RNG has given me one cosmic champion from 29 6* crystals and all my t5cc fragments have line up for that one class. Seems like a pretty big coincidence to me and its pretty demotivating.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @DrZola you’re right that the offers aren’t additive, but they evolve to stay relevant to the game’s meta. The game’s meta has the same prized resources now that it did in July - t5 and 6-star shards. Those resources are easier to get in game, so the expectation (reasonable IMO) was that they’d be more available today. Instead, they’re weirdly less available.

Here’s a question no one should ever have to ask: how many cavalier summoners would rather re-buy July 4 offers than this weekend’s offers?

I’d spend 5000 units and probably cash on a rehash of those. I spent neither.

Along similar lines, Kabam had months to say that those offers were exceptional bc TB players hadn’t been separated from cavs. They didn’t.
  • BiggusOmegaBiggusOmega Posts: 43
    Be interested to see if they will change the offers for us Cav players in a few hours. If so compensation packages will be legally needed to be given out to those who have bought offers due to this.
  • SonSonSonSon Posts: 66
    Big_eggy said:

Hey guys,

I want to thank you all for your feedback. I completely understand where our Cavalier players are coming from today (I'm a Cav player as well), and I wanted to let you know that I am going to be talking to the team about this, so we can learn from it for the future.

Thank you again for your constructive feedback.

Does that mean any imminent change?
    Of course not! Don't be silly.
This discussion has been closed.