**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Honestly, they could take back every single offer on the Odin and just put a 10% selector and I'd be fine...I'd also be throne breaker than and actually get a good offer afterwards but nope....I guess I'll just rank 5 Hawkeye since I have every other one of my good 5 star ranked 5 already...definitely don't want to start working on any of my 50 six stars...especially since 5 stars are definitely not on there way out...we have proof of this since they've stared giving out generic awakening for free, they would never do that if they weren't permanently relevant, fight???
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Vanitelia said:

Grounded, the game has been out of balance for years. It is the top 50 alliances and then there is everyone one else. That is 1500 players. You see it in any content related to prestige. Continuing offers like these is widening the gap. Let’s be honest here. This weekend wasn’t for the masses.

Other than AQ, what content is prestige based? I'm not trying to argue, just not sure if I'm missing something.
  • Options
    SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    edited November 2020
    Looking at the deals most of the thought and consideration went to thronebreaker players.Cavalier players were an afterthought where are the t5cc selectors for those close to thronebreaker?The t5 basic catalysts was in the peters parkers offer and that was scrub amounts.At least now offer players who have spent cash,unit deals to get them the tier5 basics or whatever so they can get rank up materials.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 309 ★★★
    Osfan8 said:

Vanitelia said:

Grounded, the game has been out of balance for years. It is the top 50 alliances and then there is everyone one else. That is 1500 players. You see it in any content related to prestige. Continuing offers like these is widening the gap. Let’s be honest here. This weekend wasn’t for the masses.

Other than AQ, what content is prestige based? I'm not trying to argue, just not sure if I'm missing something.
    AQ is directly related, you are right, just so happens that high prestige AQ teams also have the high war ratings in AW. I was in one of the Master alliances before they had to make the changes to AW due to burnout. I don’t want to get off topic. Probably a better discussion in a different thread.

I always looked at these deals as a way to progress. I don’t value crystals as much as others. Rank up resources are more important for me. I don’t pretend to think everyone else is in the same boat as me. As I said in previous posts, I will wait until EQ and whatever the special event is to get another shot at getting the 1800 frags I need to r3 a champ. What is done is done.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales for Class Cats. The game balance is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Thank God they haven’t polluted the game by selling $50 t5cc selectors
    You think those Sales don't add up to what's made available over time? They do.
    It's one of the biggest Sales of the year. What do you think happens if they add a bunch of Cats to it? What does that do to the progression of a large number of Players? Not only does it cease to be a progress separator, it also compounds their work to design content that meets the changes. There are limits to how much you can release and speed things up. Opening the floodgates all in one day would be more careless than trying to capitalize on the desire to buy.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    I’m just thinking that for anybody who’s killed the Grandmaster with a healthy amount of R5s and R2s what’s the point of alliance play now?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

Spending is only one aspect. If it was all just about money, they'd likely pollute the game with Sales for Class Cats. The game balance is also something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Thank God they haven’t polluted the game by selling $50 t5cc selectors
    You think those Sales don't add up to what's made available over time? They do.
    It's one of the biggest Sales of the year. What do you think happens if they add a bunch of Cats to it? What does that do to the progression of a large number of Players? Not only does it cease to be a progress separator, it also compounds their work to design content that meets the changes. There are limits to how much you can release and speed things up. Opening the floodgates all in one day would be more careless than trying to capitalize on the desire to buy.
    Which is why I’m glad they put the clamps on the game demographic that keeps dumping their wallets and pressing the team to design more challenging content.

Dr. Zola
    Only, the progress marker had to be made as such because the content had to be redesigned, because of that very push. Making it continually challenging to that demographic pushed the trajectory into the future beyond what people could grow into reasonably. So they had to move it from Act 7 into what it is now.
    That whole spending argument goes out the window when we're talking about a large number of Players who are wanting to spend to get to TB. This whole "cater to the spenders" argument holds water with perforated side walls.
    The bottom line is it's meant to take time to reach the Title, at least for some. Regardless of who agrees or not, only Ranking "approved" Champs is very much a choice. So the RNG argument only goes so far as amassing one Class and having a Champ of that Class. At least on paper.
    The amount of T5CC in the TB deals weren't game-breaking either. Could they have added more to the Cav deals? Perhaps. I don't understand the mixed up focus between UC and Cav. If I had to look at it objectively, it's more about closing the gap between UC and Cav so much as it is about pushing Cav to TB. In any event, it's meant to be something to work towards, not necessarily to buy it all in one weekend.
    The point that I was making is there IS a balance to the game. It's not just a myth, like Nibiru (Planet X). Things are done with a pace in mind. As much as people hated the requirement and expected it to be made easier with a few bucks, it's supposed to be something that is not easily achieved. Otherwise, there wouldn't be such an urge to get the Cats. Just because people say it's all just digital code thrown into the Meta willy-nilly doesn't mean there's no actual accounting for what it does to the system overall.
  • Options
    MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

MetalJake said:

Putang76 said:

Wow Kabam you really shafted Cav players
    And thats me
    If I can’t get throne breaker this weekend
    I won’t be buying anything

Same here. They seem to not want cavalier players to use cyber weekend to progress to thronebreaker for some reason. All I needed to become thronebreaker was 2 t5bs and there’s no way for me to get that so oh well. No temptation for me now. Maybe go to Walmart or something
    AQ? EQ?
    I’ve already explored cavalier and uncollected. AQ doesn’t end till AFTer cyber weekend. Try again
  • Options

@GroundedWisdom don’t forget we are talking about players who beat act 6 already and earned the title. No one is asking you to sell the title. Just remove that silly RNG based six star R3 requirement from the throne Breaker title that makes no sense.

It makes absolute sense, especially after they toned down Act 6.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★

The only reason I could see this happening is because they think they can now charge exorbitant prices for selectors because they think we're all foaming to be thronbreaker to get good offers but honestly I think its about to backfire hard. Atleast to me, something just switched off in my mind when I saw those offers, I'm trying to get back to last week but honestly I just can't seem to care at all about this game anymore. I hope I get over this because I loved this game and it brought some excitement to the overall banality of life but man, I'm just not feeling it anymore.

I feel the same way about both what they fooled themselves into thinking would happen and what almost anyone could have foreseen happening.
  • Options
    XilefXilef Posts: 19
    edited November 2020
    We got screwed big time!
This discussion has been closed.