**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Passing up 10% t5cc side objective this month *shrugs* “oh well I guess haha”....anyone else?

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

I finished.

Used about 300 units due to no counter for anything in the tech one.

Got skill t5cc 😫

Post your wins and losses, who worked and who didn’t.

Dr. Zola
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    It's not that bad and it doesn't demand to have a lot of champs.

I only have 6 maxed 4 stars, and then some at r4.

For mutant I used Arcangel and iceman
    For skill i ONLY used Killmonger, his true strike gives him all the furies so no problem.
    For mystic i ONLY used scarlet witch.
    For tech I used iron man iw and star lord.
    For cosmic I used medusa and cap marvel movie
    For Science I ONLY used cap iw.

If you ramp up the furies, it's like using a 5 stars r4 or r5 i guess so no complains.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I finished.

Got skill t5cc 😫

Dr. Zola
    Im sorry this isnt gonna help much.

I used Quake for everything except the mystic quest, where I used OG SW. and for skill BWDO rinsed the node in sub 50 hits.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I am waiting for eq completion solo event. 😉
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Already done ... 4* challenge is my favourite as this is the only way they can create difficulty in this game ..

However, I would like some rank up gems as ranking up a 4* using materials used by 6* champs is not good

Or just increase t1a and t4bc availability, so we can spend these low tier resources in 4*s rank ups in order to do these 4* challenges.
    I personally like those 4* challenges, but I don’t like spending on 4*s, 5* and 6* rank up materials, as long as they are not widely available in big quantities and are still bottlenecks, at least t1a for me.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

They need to give us rank up gems for 4*’s. Nobody’s going to rank anything less than a 5*

I don't even rank 5* champs anymore. Haveing 4*, 5* and 6* champs all use the same rank up mats justs makes ranking lower star champs a waste of resources.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

They need to give us rank up gems for 4*’s. Nobody’s going to rank anything less than a 5*

That's the problem. People are too set in their ways about Ranking 4*s. Which started around the time 6*s came about. They keep saying they have no use for them, even when they have a use for them. Up to them, but they're missing out on Rewards.
    With the amount of resources it takes to rank up a 4* and the amount of resources it takes to rank up a 5* or 6*, why would you spend so much on a 4*? Its not about being 'set in our ways'. It's just a lot of resources to use.
    Actually it is about being set in our ways. Resources come and go, and no one told people to swear off Ranking 4*s. That's not by design, that's by choice. Nor do you really use anything of great significance for a 4* that you use for a 6*. It's just stubbornness, to be totally honest. Between 6*s being added and 4*s being banned from Act 6, people can't be bothered. Even when they introduce something to make use of them, some refuse to Rank them. The game isn't making that decision for them.
    Weren’t you whining about getting 4*s from your free cav crystals just the other month? Because they’re 4*s and you’re past the point of needing 4*s or something...
    I have little use for them because I have an extensive 4* Roster. What I'm against is making the entire focus of an Event something that has majority odds of giving a 3*, and other people pulling multiple 6*s.
    TyEdge said:

One of the worst objectives has made a return haha, and Im still at place where I am choosing not to rank up 4* because I cant use 4* as AW def placement, not taking them in AQ, or Act 7 (even though I 100% it already lol)
    I mean it’s unfortunate that this objective couldn’t be a selector at least, because with the difficulty, its still just does not feel rewarding for the effort put into the objective, also with the new buffs for cav quests, it also feels a bit more tedious than it did before(imo, some of y’all could think otherwise and thats fine haha)

Idk like I said for the objectives involving a team of 4* or below for the EQ, they should be selectors, for others that just say “beat legendary side quest 20-30” times should be the crystal 🤷🏽🤷🏽....maybe next month haha

Anyone else gonna be skipping this objective or gonna be pushing for it?

I mean it's definitely a choice, but the Resources should be easy to come by, and these Objectives seem to be recurring, so the need is there.
    “Seems to be recurring”

Off the top of my head, I’ll estimate that they’ve done this 3 times in 6 months. They gave us a free one, the stamps, and the mephisto invasions.

The player base shouldn’t be forced to rely on speculation and projection. I haven’t ranked up 4-stars for 2+ years. If they would have told us to expect 4-6 per year, I would have started the process of updating my 4-stars earlier.
    3 times is a clear sign there will be a need now and then. Even the Romance Arena relies on them. The point is, people stopped Ranking them. That was a choice. Not the game's design. Nowhere in this game did they tell people to stop Ranking them.

It's a terrible objective and needs to stop showing up. Ranking up 4* champs is a useless waste of catalysts. Kabam please stop.

Can't be that useless if they're giving people uses.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    I started playing this game last year and was able to progress fast. I got to uncollected with a team of 4/40s then switched to ranking 5 and 6 stars for act 6 after that and have since only ever taken one four star to rank 5. My main issue is that I don’t want to use my T4CC on them when I need that for 5 and 6 star rank ups as well.

I would like to try this challenge, but my account is still relatively small and expanding my higher end roster for war and additional act 6 content is still main priority. So I made the decision when this objective comes around that it can wait for now.
  • Not a fan of these objectives. I try and do as much with my ranked 4* and try to avoid ranking more.

Currently, i have a huge crunch of t4cc. T2a is constantly in demand, with t5b always in stash. T4cc is something i really struggle at, and to use 3 t4cc on a 4* feels so bad.
    It is alright for my main, where i do grind, but a big no no for my alt, where iso is also a huge issue.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Personally, I’m a relatively new cav, and my roster isn’t really developed enough yet to consistently clear Cav difficulty, and that’s just relying on 5 and 6 stars. I will say, I like the idea of giving people incentive to rank up and use lower tier champs, it’s just I personally think there are a few problems with the way they’re doing it. Firstly, it’s clear they plan on shifting the nodes every few months so it’s hard to get a read on who to take up to take advantage of the nodes. Plus, I just feel that if you’re forced to use the 4 stars in Cav difficulty, then maybe shift to a 10% T5CC selector instead of a crystal to make it a little more worthwhile, like suggested earlier in the thread. My other problem is that I’m mostly trying to rank up my 5 stars right now (don’t really have any 6 stars worth the resources to rank yet) so I’d rather just save my iso, gold, and cats for them instead of using it on the 4 stars since I know 5 stars just have more use to me right now. I like the idea someone mentioned of 4 star rank up gems as I feel that would also serve as more of an incentive since it would mean players wouldn’t have to worry as much about spending resources.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/ORF6_fitenw

I basically have alot of the 4* challenge on my YT just missing 3.2. Idk if it will help but here it is.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

HI_guys said:

No items used. Quake took 50% from Deadpool. Rest done with caiw

Good example. Thank you.

It’s refreshing to see suggestions in this thread from players who have done it ( @Agent_X_zzz is another).

In my opinion, that’s much more useful than posts offering vague pontifications in defense of the 4* challenge’s appropriateness—without any indication of having attempted it.

I’m happy to share my successes and failures as I do it and I appreciate those offering solutions.

Dr. Zola
    Hopefully my pontifications were specific rather than vague!

I'm going slow - this thing's only been out for two days, and I'll need to practice against new bosses.

Team - Sentinel, Hyperion, CAIW, Hulk, and Ghulk all at 5/50. Hypes because of limited Poison Immune options, and because he's awesome.

Haven't had a reason to play with some of these champions in an age. 😀

And it gave me a chance to remember how amazing a max Sig CAIW is. Man, I hope I get to Awaken my 6* Cap some time!

For those who decry ranking 4*s as a waste, of those champs, Sentinel and Ghulk have been taken up to 6/50 even after I started collecting 6*s and knew I couldn't take them into Act 6, because of the unique utility they have. I've taken both of those champs into multiple Cavalier EQs and Variants alongside 5* and 6* champs, because they can do things my 5* and 6* champs can't.
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    I did it day 1. 4* can be used to even clear variant content. If you're not willing to invest some very easily obtainable resources into a 4* to clear content that's your choice. Cav eq is all about having a counter to interact and benefit from the nodes. I find challenges like this as a separator from those who should be thronebreak and those who shouldn't or just lazy cavs who make excuses on why they can't clear it with a 4*
  • Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

I finished.

Got skill t5cc 😫

Dr. Zola
    Here are all my teams:

1.1 : CapIW with a science, tech and cosmic champs. Plus Omega Red for boss.. all r5
    1.2: Warlock and Sentinel r5 .. r4 Mags for Sentinel
    2.1: Medusa and Thor for the path .. Kingpin for boss .. all r5
    2.2: r3 Nick Fury for the path, GP did 1 fight as well... Vodoo for boss
    3.1: Wolvie for the path (Capiw for synergy) .. AA and Warlock for boss
    3.2: SYmb Supereme and SW for the path, Blade (with trinity) for the boss... I did not go through the "easy" path for this quest as that Mojo was troublesome for my mystics so I went another route.
    I used similar champs, although Void did a lot of work for me in 1.1 and Falcon in 2.2 worked for me. I also used OML in 3.1 for the non-stop heal (I did most of the path with Wolverine and OML). Haven't done 3.2 yet.
  • CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★
    I’m about to stop playing the EQ altogether. Doesn’t seem fun anymore; uncollected is at a point where it’s easy enough that I barely even read the nodes and now cavalier is getting nodes that aren’t fun to figure out and play around for the underwhelming rewards. It’s not overly difficult, but doesn’t feel fun, it feels like a chore.