**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Passing up 10% t5cc side objective this month *shrugs* “oh well I guess haha”....anyone else?

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

wait i really dont get how theres so mant ppl without enough 4* champs ranked up to do this . did yall sell em or are yous so new tht 5* champs were too easily accessabke when yu started . if your cav you should havr the skill for sure tht this isnt hard . an the roster to do it . stop complaining if your roster isnt divervse enough it your own fault

Yea, I should have focused on expanding my 4* roster instead of pushing Cav even if I know I can do it. I'm playing this game for only a year and I also took a 4 months break. I'm almost done exploring 7.1 but I should be focusing on expanding my 4* roster.

But to be fair, my 4* roster ain't that bad. I have around 30 above R4. and I'm almost done with the challenge with no unit spent, requesting for at least one 2-3 or 3-4 4* rankup gem with the 10% T5CC will make this objective more fun as I don't have the luxury to spend resources on 4*s when there are still a lot of content that I need to clear.

They can switch up the buff nodes as much as they want, I don't care. Just put in even a single rankup gem to make us feel that we're still building our 4*s.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    So far I’ve hit 1.1 with a team of CapIW, Hypo, Ghost (was a mistake), Quake and Ghulk. Ghulk is a 4/40 bit was a terrific lane clearer.

My grave error was forgetting the boss Biohazard node and bringing zero bleed immunes. Quake did a lot of work there, however, but (a) annoying anti-Quake AI from Deadpool and (b) stubborn refusal to back out cost me a couple of revives.

Lesson: read the nodes next time.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

So far I’ve hit 1.1 with a team of CapIW, Hypo, Ghost (was a mistake), Quake and Ghulk. Ghulk is a 4/40 bit was a terrific lane clearer.

My grave error was forgetting the boss Biohazard node and bringing zero bleed immunes. Quake did a lot of work there, however, but (a) annoying anti-Quake AI from Deadpool and (b) stubborn refusal to back out cost me a couple of revives.

Dr. Zola

Bring 4* Warlock on the next one. :)
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    WOWWZZERZ
    Thats a lot of comments to come too and Im not gonna read all of'er haha
    but update for me: gonna rank some 4* up because I want get any chance I can to be able to form cosmic and take Cmm to rank 3
  • DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1655408/#Comment_1655408
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Already done ... 4* challenge is my favourite as this is the only way they can create difficulty in this game ..

However, I would like some rank up gems as ranking up a 4* using materials used by 6* champs is not good

Haji_Saab said:

Already done ... 4* challenge is my favourite as this is the only way they can create difficulty in this game ..

However, I would like some rank up gems as ranking up a 4* using materials used by 6* champs is not good

You could literally double the attack and HP on the easy path and leave it open to all champs. You’d avoid the idiocy of ranking up 4-stars and have the same relative strength between attacker and defender.
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1655408/#Comment_1655408
    If only the forums weren’t cluttered with so much useless information I might have seen that...

Dr. Zola
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★
    I’ve got t5b and t2a expiring, I’d want to rank my 5/6 star champs , but these 4*’s require the same iso and t4cc. Why on earth is the 4* challenge repeating to show up if we cant even get rank up gems?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I did the exact same thing, but did back out and bring Sentinel. Then the next time, Sentinel hit into his block and got Shocked to death.

Third time lucky...

I found Ghulk a surprisingly good lane clearer, too. Spammed SP1 for his nice ten-second Heal Block, as an easy-access Non-damaging debuff.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/0Wcz8mv6d14

Definitely not me, way too easy. All bosses and most paths (I did additional paths other than just the one path per quest for the t5cc objectives with 4*s to offer myself more of a challenge) were a total pushover with just 4*s. This is something that helps me stay sharp.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

DrZola said:

It's a terrible objective and needs to stop showing up. Ranking up 4* champs is a useless waste of catalysts. Kabam please stop.

Can't be that useless if they're giving people uses.
    Just a question: are you actually working on the Cav EQ 4* challenge, or are you on this thread to be argumentative?

If you’ve got screenshots that might be helpful, post them.

Dr. Zola
    " stop with the personal attacks and name calling. I came here to state my opinions"
    No it's more like "Stay on the subject I am discussing because you're not the first to try calling me out as a rebuttal. It's weak sauce.".
    My point wasn't who can and can't or is and isn't doing it. Some people don't enjoy doing it, and that's fair. Some people can't and that's also fair. I was talking about people who just flat-out refuse to Rank a 4* out of principle.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    Never skipped it before not gonna start now. I haven’t ranked a 4star since v4 release and even longer before that. The advantage node makes most fights easy. It really depends on your level of play. Veterans and End-gamers laugh at this content but if your account is smaller I can understand why anyone would skip it.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I never do this challenge
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    It’s just T1A, T4B and T4C that’s being used to Rank 4*s.

T1A,T4B, not being used to rank 6*s.

T4CC, flooding and drowning in them.

People are just stubborn at ranking lower rarity champs.
    xNig said:

That was my point.

xNig said:

That was my point.
    Actually, I understand @xNig ’s point to be that he has no problem with champs needed to complete the 4* challenge because he either (a) had them ranked already or (b) is rolling in necessary cats and is mostly focused at his level on ranking 6*’s.

I’m not sure you’re making the same point.

Dr. Zola
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    The issue that people are facing is that their roster is not as wide at the 4* level, compared to the 5* level, due to the speeding up of resource acquisition at a low level.

I have an alliance mate in my sister alliance that is TB, has 2 6* R3s, and has ONE 4* R5. So needless to say, Everytime the 4* challenge pops up he’s in a world of pain.

But for situations like this, it’s really no fault of the player, in the sense that it makes sense to skip the investment needed in lower rarities champs since higher rarities have a longer mileage and will have the same use as the lower rarities one.

However, with the introduction of the 4* challenge, it makes sense again to rank up 4*s that are required since Kabam has explicitly mentioned that there will be 4 sets of nodes for each class by the end of the year, and they will be rotated monthly.

Not to mention, with 6*s being more and more into the meta now, the resources needed to rank 4*s, with the exception of T4CC, do not overlap. And if you’re doing the 4* challenge, T4CC shouldn’t be an issue if you’re doing AQ map 5 and above regularly (I’m sitting on close to 400 unopened T4CC crystals).

xNig said:

The issue that people are facing is that their roster is not as wide at the 4* level, compared to the 5* level, due to the speeding up of resource acquisition at a low level.

I have an alliance mate in my sister alliance that is TB, has 2 6* R3s, and has ONE 4* R5. So needless to say, Everytime the 4* challenge pops up he’s in a world of pain.

But for situations like this, it’s really no fault of the player, in the sense that it makes sense to skip the investment needed in lower rarities champs since higher rarities have a longer mileage and will have the same use as the lower rarities one.

However, with the introduction of the 4* challenge, it makes sense again to rank up 4*s that are required since Kabam has explicitly mentioned that there will be 4 sets of nodes for each class by the end of the year, and they will be rotated monthly.

Not to mention, with 6*s being more and more into the meta now, the resources needed to rank 4*s, with the exception of T4CC, do not overlap. And if you’re doing the 4* challenge, T4CC shouldn’t be an issue if you’re doing AQ map 5 and above regularly (I’m sitting on close to 400 unopened T4CC crystals).

That’s a good summation of it. I also think players are accustomed to falling back on a specific 5* as the ideal antidote to certain node/opponent combinations. In some cases, an older champ may be available as 4* in that player’s roster, but they don’t think or don’t want to use them.

Also, for most of the paths, 4/40 4*’s are fine if they are the “right” champ. For example, Nick 4* is still 4/40 for me and I’ve relied on him for all the 4* challenges. Slap on a boost if needed.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.
    Actually, I understand @xNig ’s point to be that he has no problem with champs needed to complete the 4* challenge because he either (a) had them ranked already or (b) is rolling in necessary cats and is mostly focused at his level on ranking 6*’s.

I’m not sure you’re making the same point.

Dr. Zola
    I commented on the same point that I made and he reiterated. That's literally the same point.
    The Resources to Rank a 4* flow easily through the game each month. Anyone doing the Cav challenge MOST DEFINITELY has access to them. To be honest, it's ironic that people say they're not worth Ranking because there's no use for them, and we're discussing a use for them. Anytime we swear off Ranking a Rarity in particular, we're going to be at a loss when something comes along that depends on them.

The Resources to Rank a 4* flow easily through the game each month. Anyone doing the Cav challenge MOST DEFINITELY has access to them. To be honest, it's ironic that people say they're not worth Ranking because there's no use for them, and we're discussing a use for them. Anytime we swear off Ranking a Rarity in particular, we're going to be at a loss when something comes along that depends on them.

Lol. The paths may not regularly change but the bosses sometime require a counter. If you have a counter at R1, the resource to at least R4 is too expensive if you’re still ranking up 5*s like me.

Anyway, I’m done with the challenge. Warlock solo’ed creepy psycho-man in 6 minutes. Lol. Archangel is at R1 right now. Overall not bad, no tough fights but rank up gems are always welcome.
    I’ll rank AA and Magneto and a few more 4*s but again I’ll appreciate even a 2-3 or 3-4 rankup gems.

Lol. The paths may not regularly change but the bosses sometime require a counter. If you have a counter at R1, the resource to at least R4 is too expensive if you’re still ranking up 5*s like me.

Anyway, I’m done with the challenge. Warlock solo’ed creepy psycho-man in 6 minutes. Lol. Archangel is at R1 right now. Overall not bad, no tough fights but rank up gems are always welcome.
    How is it too expensive? Do we not earn Resources month in and month out? We're not using T5CC to Rank a 4*. It's not that dire of a choice.
    I honestly don't know where this idea of not Ranking anything lower, like some graduation rite of passage, but that is and has always been a choice. Nowhere in the game did they ever tell people to ignore any lower Rarities, and that's not as wise a game tactic as people think it is. More Rarities, more options, more Ranking, more choices. We may never Rank every single Champ in our Roster, but it serves people entirely to work on them all because the game presents different uses for different Rarities. The more options we have at all levels, the more prepared we are for anything.
    It's also the very reason people feel things are so tight. You're going to run out fast if you're only working on the highest Rarities. If you're spreading it around and working on a multiple, not only do you build more Resources through Events like Level-Up and Advancement, you keep a steady pace for Resources to accumulate, so you're not draining your surplus constantly. We're not designed to Rank 5 and 6*s like eating candy and still expect to keep a stock.