**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Ok, this could be because of the update because she could not do that before the update. But, my point still stands, if you want to finish with the full health bar, you need to play slowly which you don't need to do with Hood. And his regen was instant where as hers was over time. Hers was a buff where as Hood's was not. She needed awakening and a high sig for that kind of regen to be viable, his was not. If it was not OP, I am not understanding what OP means.

Angela's interaction with suicides was not due to the update and also doesn't even require Angela to be awakened. I'm pretty sure at this point you aren't aware of what that interaction is, so I'll explain.
    I have to say that was a pretty condescending way to start the message though. I did not say every regen was OP. But, regen has to come with a cost. Hood did not have that.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Grim7787 said:

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but we have to actually look at Hood's fate seal for what it actually is.

It's actually Hex, or Hex Magic, which is an ability that is unique to him. It combines fate seal with the ability accuracy reduction, and direct dmg when it expires. It's essentially a signature ability.

GR's(both) fate seal is included in his Damnation ability, which combines Fate seal, heal block, and power lock.

Then there's the stand alone Fate Seal that DS and Longshot have, which only covers buff nullification/prevention.

Hood is the only champ with that "Hex" ability, and the "buff" was straight up just removing it, instead of building around it.

This thread is still going on? Why?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Faseeh said:

Grimv717 said:

Grimv717 said:

Ya know, it’s not fair that they nerfed Magneto so badly, not all of us have such deep rosters that we have more than 1 single champion that can viably do an All or Nothing fight. It’s not fair to those of us that ranked Magneto for his ability to survive enemy special 3s

Revert Magento’s changes because you removed his primary utility. Even worse than taking away fate seal from Hood.

#JusticeForMagneto

@Kabam Miike

1) Stop. The dust has literally just settled and almost everyone has reached a state of understanding. Don't ruin things again
    2) If almost everyone, including endgame players, like new Mags and you don't, I feel like that says a lot about your playstyle. Someone's always going to get the short end of the stick, and it's illogical that more than half the community is the one that gets it.
    Also, Mags'primary utility wasn't Sp3 tanking, it was Magnetism. A utility piece that the rest of his kit is built around. They never replaced Magnetism, they greatly enhanced it's effectiveness.
    Sorry but you don’t get to decide what’s better or worse if you didn’t use him before his buff, sweaty. Even if a majority of players think he’s better now, us few diehard old Magneto users (there’s literally at least more than one of us) will vouch his sig let him survive tons of L3s which he no longer can. His magnetism was just a nice bonus. Who cares if almost the entire player base likes him better with the buff? His one niche utility that other champs can do just as well if not better was removed and that’s unacceptable as Kabam has just proven with Hood.
    Hey, I think Mag's update is absolutely horrendous for game balance and would be 100% okay with him being reverted to his old self. I know you think you're being cute, it's kind of sad honestly, but I'd find it absolutely hilarious if Mag's getting unbuffed actually happened.
    mags should be reverted back to old self is the most dumbass thing i have heard till now
    I didn't say he "should". I said I wouldn't care. If you think Mags in his current form is an actually balanced champ, you don't actually have any desire for or grasp on what having balanced champs actually is.
    I would much prefer this mags then the pre buff mags thats all im saying. he's actually very strong in the comics and movies so they did him justice
    There is a middle ground for this. He does not need to be the trash he was and also don't need to be the op champ he is. But the deva chose this and I am not complaining about his buff. Just takes skill right out of the game of you have a cheat code in hand.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Pulyaman said:

DNA3000 said:

Pulyaman said:

Ok, this could be because of the update because she could not do that before the update. But, my point still stands, if you want to finish with the full health bar, you need to play slowly which you don't need to do with Hood. And his regen was instant where as hers was over time. Hers was a buff where as Hood's was not. She needed awakening and a high sig for that kind of regen to be viable, his was not. If it was not OP, I am not understanding what OP means.

Angela's interaction with suicides was not due to the update and also doesn't even require Angela to be awakened. I'm pretty sure at this point you aren't aware of what that interaction is, so I'll explain.
    I have to say that was a pretty condescending way to start the message though. I did not say every regen was OP. But, regen has to come with a cost. Hood did not have that.
    It wasn't condescending, it was stating plain facts. You keep saying things about Angela that are false, even after repeated attempts to correct those statements. The conclusion is you believe Angela's heals are limited by her normal behavior and not her suicide behavior. I'm pretty sure anyone who knows how Angela works has come to the same conclusion. So since you clearly don't know, I decided to explain it to you. Not everyone knows, and you're probably just among the 99% of players who are unaware.

I also don't know why you keep denying saying things I didn't claim you said. I said the things you did say were inaccurate. They are what someone would say if they knew how Angela's abilities work, but did not appreciate how they interacted unusually with suicide masteries.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Faseeh said:

Grimv717 said:

Grimv717 said:

Ya know, it’s not fair that they nerfed Magneto so badly, not all of us have such deep rosters that we have more than 1 single champion that can viably do an All or Nothing fight. It’s not fair to those of us that ranked Magneto for his ability to survive enemy special 3s

Revert Magento’s changes because you removed his primary utility. Even worse than taking away fate seal from Hood.

#JusticeForMagneto

@Kabam Miike

1) Stop. The dust has literally just settled and almost everyone has reached a state of understanding. Don't ruin things again
    2) If almost everyone, including endgame players, like new Mags and you don't, I feel like that says a lot about your playstyle. Someone's always going to get the short end of the stick, and it's illogical that more than half the community is the one that gets it.
    Also, Mags'primary utility wasn't Sp3 tanking, it was Magnetism. A utility piece that the rest of his kit is built around. They never replaced Magnetism, they greatly enhanced it's effectiveness.
    Sorry but you don’t get to decide what’s better or worse if you didn’t use him before his buff, sweaty. Even if a majority of players think he’s better now, us few diehard old Magneto users (there’s literally at least more than one of us) will vouch his sig let him survive tons of L3s which he no longer can. His magnetism was just a nice bonus. Who cares if almost the entire player base likes him better with the buff? His one niche utility that other champs can do just as well if not better was removed and that’s unacceptable as Kabam has just proven with Hood.
    Hey, I think Mag's update is absolutely horrendous for game balance and would be 100% okay with him being reverted to his old self. I know you think you're being cute, it's kind of sad honestly, but I'd find it absolutely hilarious if Mag's getting unbuffed actually happened.
    mags should be reverted back to old self is the most dumbass thing i have heard till now
    I didn't say he "should". I said I wouldn't care. If you think Mags in his current form is an actually balanced champ, you don't actually have any desire for or grasp on what having balanced champs actually is.
    Mags IS op af. But there's this one war video by BG that shows even with op champs you still have to strategize and play in certain scenarios
    https://youtu.be/XSYksW0yF0Y
    I'm 100% aware of how Mags works and his limitations. That doesn't change the fact that his horribly overpowered and quite possibly will create balancing issues going forward that make things harder to use other champs.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Aye. Dunno if they're going to keep Hex Seal or just go with Fate Seal. The AAR is definitely nice to have.
  • JazzKnightJazzKnight Posts: 34
    When can we expect RDTs? I took my 5* Hood from r1 to r3. Also used a generic 2-3 rank up gem. What should I expect?
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I guess there has been no update to the rdt? I took my 6* to r2 lol
    So just curious if there is an update for when hood might return...?? I am overflowing mats with the rank down ticket and am hoping to use them on hood if he come back into the game In time.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Probably won't happen for a few months tbh.

Probably won't happen for a few months tbh.

Man I hope that is not true! (But probably is ...)
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Revive… I call thee back from the dead for an update on the state of affairs known as the hood buff! @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike

i'm praying that it's taking so long because they're running tests through content and having people give input on him. like when his original buff was announced, the ccp creators knew instantly that it was not that good of a buff, even without too much testing. just reading his abilities exploited his flaws.
    Dang I see that my summons did not work 😂😅
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Is there anything I'm missing? I believe most of things that caused people disappointment in the changes remained as they were. Still 120 decreasing chance to miss, still those lame bullets. The only different thing for me is I took 6* hood to r3 as I never expected them to release hood basically as he was at first attempt

Aleor said:

Is there anything I'm missing? I believe most of things that caused people disappointment in the changes remained as they were. Still 120 decreasing chance to miss, still those lame bullets. The only different thing for me is I took 6* hood to r3 as I never expected them to release hood basically as he was at first attempt

They brought back the fate seal and added some damage
    What more do you want
    He basically has 80% up time on invisibility it not the best but it works
    The only annoyance is that the mole man synergy isn't part of his base kit
    I want buffed champs to be better then they were and remain their play style, of there was any. Hood power steal in invis cool down was great. Hood invis was great, imo better then it is now — evading projectiles may be difficult, evading contact hits is never difficult.
    At very least I want rdt, what I would really prefer now is kabam never 'buffing' hood
    edited August 2021

Aleor said:

Regardless of the buff, never rank a champ before a buff comes out it's asking for disappointment.
    I ranked him up when we had original hood after his buff was rolled back. Now it's live again. I believe kabam never said they intended to release him as he was
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Regardless of the buff, never rank a champ before a buff comes out it's asking for disappointment.
    I ranked him up when we had original hood after his buff was rolled back. Now it's live again. I believe kabam never said they intended to release him as he was
    This is what Kabam said:
    "At a later date (currently unknown), we will reintroduce his Buff, with Fate Seal re-added to his Kit, with adjusted tuning and bugs fixed"

I'm afraid there's nothing about never saying they intended to release him as he was. Just that they wanted to add fate seal back.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253570/reverting-hood-to-original-abilities#latest

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

This is what Kabam said:
    "At a later date (currently unknown), we will reintroduce his Buff, with Fate Seal re-added to his Kit, with adjusted tuning and bugs fixed"

I'm afraid there's nothing about never saying they intended to release him as he was. Just that they wanted to add fate seal back.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253570/reverting-hood-to-original-abilities#latest

Well, bad for me I don't read every forum post they make, I guess
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

This is what Kabam said:

Well, bad for me I don't read every forum post they make, I guess
    It was mentioned in an in-game popup as well.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I know his regen was bugged when the first buff went live. But, I thought he was still supposed to have *some* WP healing. He has none? Pass.
    Nothing personal, I just can't invest in special dependant champs if they don't have a way to mitigate recoil.
    At least until the mastery respec process is improved.

Edit: maybe I need to try more buff heavy opponents before judging.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    So its not just the bullets mechanic that he’s crippled by, but the decreasing 20% per attack miss from invisibility as well?