Carina's Challenge

Comments

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,721 ★★★★★

I actually feel embarrassed for being optimistic for these, 4* Labyrinth challenges? Come off it! This is in no way hard content. Every time these threads of come up, we’ve said don’t do content that will make us use revives, and Kabam have commented on those threads saying we hear you, don’t worry. End game content is coming.

We want challenging content that gives us a chance to win, hard content that makes us think. Not a labyrinth challenge that forces us to throw revives at it. I’m honestly baffled how this got past the first stage of brainstorming and wasn’t laughed out of the room.

If there remove the enraged timer it wil be fair and remove the damage cap
  • Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Done some testing here with my 4* R3 Loki (don’t have my 3* past R1): if you face electro you can constantly throw your SP1 with minimal damage taken. You deal roughly 200 total damage out of a 65k health pool. To win that is a 30 minute fight, and you haven’t even started on the actual path. Get past all that and you still have the Ultron boss as well. Now take into account that’s a 4* R3 as well. Oof.
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,352 ★★★★★

I actually feel embarrassed for being optimistic for these, 4* Labyrinth challenges? Come off it! This is in no way hard content. Every time these threads of come up, we’ve said don’t do content that will make us use revives, and Kabam have commented on those threads saying we hear you, don’t worry. End game content is coming.

We want challenging content that gives us a chance to win, hard content that makes us think. Not a labyrinth challenge that forces us to throw revives at it. I’m honestly baffled how this got past the first stage of brainstorming and wasn’t laughed out of the room.

I think there are some positives to take away from this. The Xmen challenge, the cosmics challenge, and maybe a couple of the others look very challenging and doable. LOL challenges I will likely never complete.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah I waited and was looking forward to this challenge but I really didn't expect it to be an unreasonable unit dump. I I already did LOL with a 4 star SL for my initial clear and it wasn't fun then and it is certainly not anything I would do again. But with the announcement I look forward to actually being able to test my r3 6 stars so I can't be too mad. Look forward to the changes to come.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I would just like to say I’m very happy these challenges are like this. Too hard to complete. I am SO SICK of the “it’s too easy” complaints, so you guys can work on these for a few years. Enjoy!

i mean i disagree with most of what you're saying, but we do also have to remember that hopefully these objectives will be permanent. if kamala would've won the buff vote, then doing her objective would've been a lot easier. down the line, we might see lol get easier (hoping damage cap and/or hit counter gets removed), and hopefully things are done to make these challenges doable without having to spend hundreds of units
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    alright kabam how its
    "Complete 8 fight in LOL" and call it day :lol::lol:
    nah but in all seriousness tho, im doing** the ones that wont cost more than 200 units
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,947 ★★★★★

IKON said:

I think there are some positives to take away from this. The Xmen challenge, the cosmics challenge, and maybe a couple of the others look very challenging and doable. LOL challenges I will likely never complete.
    The cosmic one is the one I’m most excited about.
    Probably the only one I'll be trying for real. Finally get that 5-star Kamala as a rewards as well
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

To all the moaners who've stunk up the forums with their "CONTENT IS TOO EASY" posts (worknprogress and dreamin34), here you go. Hard content. Enjoy! : )

there are two different types of challenges.

1: hard content. i'm talking about the 6.2.5 cosmic one, because i think a lot of people will have fun with that one.
    2: unavoidable unit spending. you literally cannot go through lol with a 4* without spending units. even if you were a robot designed to play the game, you will end up spending at least 500 units on it
  • IKONIKON Member Posts: 1,352 ★★★★★
    They are live in game everyone!
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    I think this content is perfect for endgamers. In my opinion, MCOC as whole was not designed for people to spend a lot of money on. The only way you become endgamer so quickly is if you spend so much money or spend a significant amount of time in this game. Average game time/spending will take time to go through all content. At least this will slow people down and make them have to think of the best way to approach this without just throwing units at it. Definitely will require units, but skill and strategy will significantly reduce the amount of units you spend, for some of the objectives, just like Abyss. Think of variant 1 when it came out. That content was ridiculous, but people still threw units at it. I think the rewards for this challenge are at the same level of what you would expect Kabam to give out considering how the rewards are in other content
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★

I think this content is perfect for endgamers. In my opinion, MCOC as whole was not designed for people to spend a lot of money on. The only way you become endgamer so quickly is if you spend so much money or spend a significant amount of time in this game. Average game time/spending will take time to go through all content. At least this will slow people down and make them have to think of the best way to approach this without just throwing units at it. Definitely will require units, but skill and strategy will significantly reduce the amount of units you spend, for some of the objectives, just like Abyss. Think of variant 1 when it came out. That content was ridiculous, but people still threw units at it. I think the rewards for this challenge are at the same level of what you would expect Kabam to give out considering how the rewards are in other content

I have a second account that is thronebreaker in 2 years, spending minimal time on it. It is not necessary to spend time or money to be end game.
    Did your second account beat all Carina’s Objectives. Didn’t think so 😆
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,419 ★★★★★

Players: Content is too easy.

Kabam: Try this.

Players: Content is too hard.

Me: LOL.

Come on man, you know it’s not as black and white as that. Nobody was asking for a LoL 4* no synergy challenge where you are guaranteed (not likely, guaranteed) to spend units.

Get in the real world.

I have a sneaky feeling that skill is required to use 4-star champs in LOL.