**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
    Raganator said:

Raganator said:

Still no word other than bringing it up to the team.

Lol. Expecting them to make changes three hours after it went live?
    No. I’d at least like some form of an update on the plan to go through with the arena. Or an update saying they are looking into fixes to make this change better.
    You will be waiting at least this cycle and maybe the next to see any meaningful response. They have never taken a knee jerk reaction to fixing problems.
    NOT TRUE

See Hood buff feedback & almost instantly, they reverted Hood back to his old kit
  • Liton_27Liton_27 Posts: 17
    Arena grinding time went up like times 2 with the new structure, this structure will only work if the multiplayer goes higher like x5 instead of x3 max. As a f2p I could grind all the arena milestones for units before but with the structure it’s impossible now to grind all of them. It could work on another way I guess if the cooldown timer went down significantly from where it is now I guess but that’ll make it similar more grinding to grab the units. I’ll definitely appreciate the rewards buff for the rank rewards but milestones rewards r way too much for someone to grind all of them for units
  • satvik17satvik17 Posts: 76
    I personally think that the Milestones can be reduced a bit and the rewards needs to be upped too...i get that the grind may be less compared to previous but here most of the grind depends on 6*s and they have too much cool down and progressing players with none or less 6*s can find it hard to get 3* or 4* they are looking for in the milestones.

Endgame players make 50 Million+ score anyway to get that top rewards, to them the milestones may be nothing, but it could help the average players a lot if the milestones were reduced so that we can atleast be happy with our rewards

I get that the reason to do this is to push the players' skill but it can be pushed in Endgame content or any other content that arrives for a limited time (John Mulaney's challenge, Omega Boss Rush, Summoner Showdown/Smackdown etc). Expecting average players to push harder and grind more in a regular everyday event like arena is kinda low..I just play arena to farm some units or to kill time, this is supposed to be a place in the contest to chill out a bit, but now even this is so tiring.

Finally the match making can be eased up a bit, I got my streak to 5 and i had already had gotten 6* R3 champs as my opponents
  • JokreJokre Posts: 11

At a glance, the milestones are way too high, A standard cavalier player probably has around 40 6 stars, meaning that youll have to pick one arena to get the milestones in, and then you lose out on the units from the others. I love the grandmaster shard change, but overall im sad that the FTP player is not going to have as easy of a time grinding out units for deals.

Thats to much. even tho I am a new throne breaker I have only like 30 6 stars
  • JeffNorth86JeffNorth86 Posts: 2

Kavya30 said:

16.5M for one is too much and I am a milestone grinder. I will not be able to grind for 33M. Just can’t. As an FTP, guess my hopes for July 4th are in the trash

I'm Curious: Prior to these Changes, how many Milestones across all of the Arenas did you used to complete? If you don't remember that, do you remember how many Units approx you'd earn from Milestones per Arena run?

Our goal is to keep the effort roughly the same, but of course, with reducing the number of Arenas, that's going to be difficult. With the change of the rarities allowed in each Arena, the points are definitely going to be different, but we want to keep the effort roughly the same.

If that's not the case, we want to know! We won't know that on the first day or possibly even the first run, but please keep the feedback coming.
    I copied down this exact info last arena cycle so I could compare when the new arenas came out. In a normal 3 day arena I would put in around 600k points in the 3/4* arena for 75 units, and 3 mil each in the basic and featured arena for 105 and 45 units respectively. This was running my r3+ 5 stars twice a day in the basic arena, and only my 12 6 stars twice a day in the featured. I don't have the roster to go for rank rewards, so I grind solely for units. I could get myself 225 units twice a week. The same effort in the current 3 arenas (600k using my 4 stars in the Summoner Trials, and 3 mil in each of the basic and featured) would only get me 153 units. That is a dramatic decrease for the same amount of effort. I like the grandmaster shards....that's a a great change, but I need units above all else to continue clearing content, and getting 2/3 the units for the same effort is awful.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Listen, there's many fixes:
    1. Higher winstreak than 3X(maybe 5X)
    2. Lower the timers for champs drastically. Both arenas have 16 million point milestones and are somehow longer to get to the final milestone than the 5 star basic arenas.
    3. Increase 4 star points. They're like 9k points per run if you're lucky. If you're not lucky, you're gonna be destroyed by a death match and have to redo your winstreak all over again.
    4. Simplest fix of all that'll make everyone happy... bring back the old arenas and either remove or keep these as another option(I'm 99% sure hardcore grinders would be happy) or just simply lower the points if you don't want to bring back the old arenas because they're WAYYYY TOO MUCH. And if they're so much that the old arenas had to go, that's a sign that there's way too many points per milestone.

Hey everybody, thank you all for your feedback. We're hearing a lot about the Milestones (which is great), but if you have any other feedback, like on matches/deathmatches etc., please make sure to share that too.

Additionally, please keep your feedback constructive. If you do or don't like something, tell us why. I've cleaned up a lot of posts that tell us how they feel, but not what the reason is. Actionable feedback is always best, and to get to that, we need to understand the concern itself.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and feedback so far. Keep it coming!

Well I feel like I am only facing r/3 dominos/ Dooms and stuff when I use my underlevelt 6 star champions. U probably can't even use 5 star r/3 anymore. in the old arena I had some death matches but not to this extent
    Kavya30 said:

All the matchups I faced so far are similar to this :/

same for me. got lucky enough that I haven't lost my streak jet
  • jgd1305jgd1305 Posts: 7
    @Kabam Miike Hi, there are several good things about the new arenas. But like everyone else mentioned, the grind will be too exhausting. Perhaps you can change the multiplier from X3 to X5. This will help the f2p players reach the milestones faster and reduce the burden. The heavy duty players with big rosters will anyway go past hundred million to get the 6* champ.

Converting the multiplier to X5 just ensures that most people won't miss out on the new champs or the milestones.
  • ZorkinatorZorkinator Posts: 5
    Kavya30 said:

Kavya30 said:

16.5M for one is too much and I am a milestone grinder. I will not be able to grind for 33M. Just can’t. As an FTP, guess my hopes for July 4th are in the trash

I'm Curious: Prior to these Changes, how many Milestones across all of the Arenas did you used to complete? If you don't remember that, do you remember how many Units approx you'd earn from Milestones per Arena run?

Our goal is to keep the effort roughly the same, but of course, with reducing the number of Arenas, that's going to be difficult. With the change of the rarities allowed in each Arena, the points are definitely going to be different, but we want to keep the effort roughly the same.

If that's not the case, we want to know! We won't know that on the first day or possibly even the first run, but please keep the feedback coming.
    Sure Miike happy to help with the feedback. I am a thronebreaker FTP and a recent arena MILESTONE grinder and my roster isn’t that stacked so I manage grinding accordingly. I get every single milestone done, across all the arenas. It takes me 3 days to complete the 4 star featured and 5 star featured. Summoner Trials, the 3 star one and 4 star basic are easy to finish due to the refresh rate. So I complete the 5 star featured within like 2 days using mostly my 6 star roster and the 4 star featured with a day or a day and a half, but yes I manage to complete it all. Never grinded for Champs, only for units and the new milestones are a dealbreaker. Just can’t reach that much in both the arenas, with the refresh rate for 5 stars and 6 star champs, not to mention, that most of the people have less 6 stars. Champion overlapping isn’t great in the new system. Can do one for 16.5M and the other one for a MAX of maybe 2-3M. But honestly, I think I speak for all FTPs here when I say that the previous system was way more comfortable.

• alegka312alegka312 Posts: 67
    I always played 3-4* and 4-5* and get 135+135 units. Wasted so many time for this, was hoping new arena brings more unit’s for me (I’m cavalier). But now, i need to waste x2 more time??? And actually i dont have enough 5-6* champs for this. Very and very bad update. Last arenas I get 270 units, now arround 165
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Why do deathmatches exist? Why does the arena multiplier exist?

What purpose do these serve in the eyes of the developer? They waste time. Most people think of Arena like a farm, while we spend genuine efforts (in some cases) on quests.

You’re really putting the Collected players in a bubble by not including them in the new Arenas. They can’t grind for the specific 4*’s they would want to clear content like Act 4 and Act 5.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★

Kavya30 said:

For me this was simple. Get first 2 milestones each time (from lowest arena to highest):
    - 5k points 10 units
    - 15k points 10 units
    - 35k points 25 units
    - 350k points 15 units
    - 1m points 15 units

You can calculate the number of fights to reach those totals easily given different star champs were in each arena from 2 star to 6 star. No point in adding them up cumulatively (405k points for 75 units) as they were done with different combination of champs. Therefore, what I would like you to look at is units per fight as it would be a fairer comparison of arenas.

It's not too bad but I think the only change required is changing the 7 units per milestone in the lower arena to 10 units per milestone.

Doing 4 milestones would then give 40 units which is similar to the 45 I got from the lower arenas.

The 4to6 star arena is ok, I did 1.35m points for 30 units. Now I'll do 1.5m and get 2 750k milestones for the same 30 units.

Therefore overall I think it's ok, slight adjustment and I'll be happy.
  • MFFLMFFL Posts: 1
    Well these milestone and rank rewards are good for who grinds arena hard and has too many 6 stars champs to play but for the rest who dont have too many 6 stars and were grinding arena just to get credits to complete contents or explore contents is pretty bad since hard to reach max milestone. Imo these new arenas turn this game into p2w cuz hard to get credits and too many players may leave the game if u dont make anychange in milestone part.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 925 ★★★★
    I truly feel like if you guys are set in your ways to keep 2 6* arenas and the summoner trials. You're going to have to do one of the 3.
    1.) Reduce points needed for each milestone
    2.) Increase the max multiplier to give players more points.
    3.) Or reduce the cooldown timer for both the 5* and 6* champs that people use.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    This change is horrible. I used to grind a little to just get some units and for solo/alliance events. Based on the amount of units that are available in the new milestones I would have to do so many more fights to get a similar amount. Also, while it looks like there may be a larger amount of 5* shards in the rank rewards they will require such a higher amount of points to get that I don't think I will be able to get them with the amount of time I usually have to devote to arena. I would prefer a lesser amount still be available for the lower scores.

The amount of units in the individual milestones need bumped up higher and they should be moved to be concentrated in the earlier milestones and leave the higher ones for the people wanting to grind for the champs. The points required for the milestones need lowered as well.

I can't believe this got to the point that you made this live.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

At a glance, the milestones are way too high, A standard cavalier player probably has around 40 6 stars

Yes, the milestones are too high. No, the standard cav player does not have around 40 6 stars. I'm about to be Thronebreaker and I have 11. I'd say the average cav, and not thronebreaker player has between 5 and 10
    I’d just like to say that you are not even remotely close to an average “almost thronebreaker”, you are an outlier on the extreme low end of number of 6*s. The average late cav, almost getting to Thronebreaker is imo at definitely closer to 30-40 6*s.

Now as to my thoughts on the arena, I don’t like how the units are spread across 33mil points worth of milestones.
    If you want huge milestones, stack the majority of units in the earlier milestones, atleast for one of the arenas.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    In the uncollected arenas, make 5 and 6 stars get the same base points, but the higher PI of 6 stars are r3 and 4 will still give more points.
    So basically like a r5 giving more points than a r4, but their base points are the same, only the PI makes a difference.

This way to get both featured arenas you will still have to do roughly 160 rounds to get all milestones in both arenas. Which is still a lot lower units value compared to rounds (right now if you did the 3 highest arenas you would get 405 units in roughly 140 rounds, now you would get 400 in 160 rounds)

There simply isn`t enough acces to 6 star champs yet to justify these high milestones.
    6 star champs would still have more value later on since their PI will be much higher. But by that time people will have the 6 star roster to do these arenas realistically.
This discussion has been closed.