**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★

Hey everybody, thank you all for your feedback. We're hearing a lot about the Milestones (which is great), but if you have any other feedback, like on matches/deathmatches etc., please make sure to share that too.

Additionally, please keep your feedback constructive. If you do or don't like something, tell us why. I've cleaned up a lot of posts that tell us how they feel, but not what the reason is. Actionable feedback is always best, and to get to that, we need to understand the concern itself.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and feedback so far. Keep it coming!

Let me clear this up for you. In terms of gaining an infinite streak and avoiding death matches arenas are working jsut fine to my knowledge. There's not much more to say on that issue.

Back to the topic at hand. Arena milestones is what has people in an uproar. This is a clear nerf. At a minimum you can put the 4 star arena milestone cutoff back to 1.5 million. At a minimum.
    DISAGREE strongly...

11 fights in I shouldn't be seeing THIS...
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Milestones are too high, even for arena grinders.
    It’s not a quality of life change grinding way more for the same rewards.
    All milestones need to drop down by a 30%-50% and the deathmatches issue needs to be addressed, else this arena change is the worst change in 2021 if not the worst since v12.
    Hope you guys do something for this asap, cause it basically now a serious aspect of the game as arena, is nearly ruined.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I spend $100-150 dollars per year, typically spending 5000 units on July 4 and Black Friday. If I did arena, I’d do this:

One round with 3x boosted 3-stars for 10 units. 7 rounds of 4-stars for 30 units.

Occasionally i would return for 5 rounds of 4-stars at 15 units per set. If I wanted a few shards or units from arena wins, I’d try for 1-2mil in the 4-5-6 arena.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    In addition to all that has been said another concern for me is the increase in the grind time in arena

In the previous system I used to hit all milestones of 4* basic,4* featured and 5* featured but now not only can I not grind all the milestones of the 3 arenas but the game forces me to use all of my 5 and 6* champs right when the arena starts so that I could have them available to me in 12 hours in order to hit as many milestones as possible by using 6* in the featured and 5* in the basic 6* arena.

Whereas earlier I just needed to use my 6* champs right when the arena started for the 5* featured arena and then I could take the other 2 arenas at my pace as I just needed 2 sittings with my 5* champs to get all milestones of 4* featured and a few runs with my maxed 4* for the milestones of 4* basic.

This is just a recipe of burnout...i for one cannot keep up this pace for more than a couple weeks as best
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    i hope kabam gives this a week wait to let everyone have an chance to really play arena and then say their feedback (including me as i'm already playing it right now, because last time they did the arena change it was reverted too quick)
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Honestly I feel for newer to intermediate players to some extend. I get it you get that feeling you are falling behind. We have all been there at some point in our journey (which is endless by the way). The mentality that you won’t progress with the new arenas throw it out the window. You will, I would like to inform you that there is no competition in this game to be first and top of the top, nor you will earn more money (real money) for being at the top. Have fun kabam will not tell you stop playing the game because your are low level. Keep doing you, again have fun. One day without even notice you will have ton of 6* and 5*s that you won’t even be able run through all of them on the arenas (unless you have no other life besides the game, of course.) not judging just saying. Do I like the new arenas? Not really. Why? Well for starters the 5* and 6* basic pool should be higher and give the exclusivity to the new champions (or featured arena) in other words I don’t care much for it as I always do just the milestones anyways.
  • Jvdb2003Jvdb2003 Posts: 35
    With the higher milestones IMO deathmatches, if at all, should be harder to get. If I ever want to get the 3* featured, I'd need to be able to put in my r2 4* and r1 5* champs as well
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

I've never seen the community so unanimous against these changes. You know it's that bad.

There will be a certain few people supporting the changes. Always is.
  • Julio_Vega1Julio_Vega1 Posts: 39

Hey everybody, thank you all for your feedback. We're hearing a lot about the Milestones (which is great), but if you have any other feedback, like on matches/deathmatches etc., please make sure to share that too.

Additionally, please keep your feedback constructive. If you do or don't like something, tell us why. I've cleaned up a lot of posts that tell us how they feel, but not what the reason is. Actionable feedback is always best, and to get to that, we need to understand the concern itself.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and feedback so far. Keep it coming!

The main reason is that with this change in the structure of the arenas, the economy of the game turns against the average summoner.

It sets very disproportionate economic parameters, not to mention time parameters. It encourages a cannibalization of both units and resources; It is then that, by imposing such high milestones and difficulties of such unbalanced matches, when playing arenas, everything translates in terms of economic efficiency, as a waste of time and effort.

Cannibalization ... is not good for the MCOC economy itself because it does not encourage productivity or account progress, ergo, it affects the sustained growth and life expectancy of the game.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    The Milestones are too high and need to be readjusted

I feel that the 1-4* Arena should be reduced so that final Milestone is 1.7 Million.

The 6* Basic Arena should be reduced to 8 Million to hit all milestones

The 6* Featured Should be reduced to 14 Million ideally to hit all milestones.

This should bring it inline with amount of time it used to take to grind all the arenas before.

This then may need a readjustment of the amount of rewards, where you may feel that some units, shards and BCs need to be moved from the basic to the featured to balance out the effort required to get x amount of rewards.

Or you could simply bring the basic and featured milestones down to 11 Million, leaving the units. shards, BCs amounts the same.

From my own account perspective
    I have 53 6*
    which means in one sitting i hit about 3.5 million points. That would mean it would take me 5 refreshes/sessions to hit the 16.5 million milestone over the 3 day period. This leaves only enough time to use my 6* one more time for the basic. ( 16.5 - 4.5 from the 6* i could use in basic means i would need to grind out 12 million from the 5*, which is a lot)

In regards to death matches etc , I didn't have any issues but i was using maxed out champs so not really an issue when doing that.

• Jvdb2003Jvdb2003 Posts: 35

I've never seen the community so unanimous against these changes. You know it's that bad.

I mean the changes aren't necessarily bad, but just need to be readjusted. Especially towards those who don't have as many 6* champions.
This discussion has been closed.