**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Here we go, all done. 250 units, 3 small revives, 2 team revives were used. Not as much as I was expecting, but that was a hell of a lot of fun. Best content in a while, if not ever for me. Everything was the right health pool, difficulty and fun level for me.

All my champs pulled their weight, quake did heavy lifting, but where I could use someone else, I would. E.g. spidergwen was taken by Prof X, night crawler by ImIW, Korg by ImIW

10/10 content.

I chose science t5cc to rank 3 my spider Gwen and I hulk. About to open the nexus now.

Curious how the Korg fight was being that he's shock immune.
    I got him down to 25% on first try. Hell of a lot of risky intercepting to keep plasma up, got 3 plasmas on him and all his rock stacks gone. Took a parry at one point and took 5k damage
    Congrats bro. Definitely quake MVP.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Here we go, all done. 250 units, 3 small revives, 2 team revives were used. Not as much as I was expecting, but that was a hell of a lot of fun. Best content in a while, if not ever for me. Everything was the right health pool, difficulty and fun level for me.

All my champs pulled their weight, quake did heavy lifting, but where I could use someone else, I would. E.g. spidergwen was taken by Prof X, night crawler by ImIW, Korg by ImIW

10/10 content.

I chose science t5cc to rank 3 my spider Gwen and I hulk. About to open the nexus now.

Curious how the Korg fight was being that he's shock immune.
    I got him down to 25% on first try. Hell of a lot of risky intercepting to keep plasma up, got 3 plasmas on him and all his rock stacks gone. Took a parry at one point and took 5k damage
    I'm wondering if Silver Centurion would work too.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

10/10 content.

Congrats!
    Wondering who you used for mojo
    I used Doom! Took 2 revives due to that auto prompt complete.

Nice was planning on bringing Heimdall for the safety net vs nameless collector but I might just bring Doom for mojo.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    I see Lags using Namor for Terrax but how useful is he for the rest of the nodes
  • QuietusDKQuietusDK Posts: 51

QuietusDK said:

So, after doing the initial 5 and revive-brute forcing my way through Thanos (because I'm horrible at him), I get a nice, big...empty? completion reward.

Please tell me you haven't managed to word it so that it's not completion unless you also grab the first chest (IE do 10 fights and then Thanos).

5 fights and Thanos would by any logic I can summon up constitute completion.

So what on earth is this? Is it bugged, or was the wording so unclear that you actually don't mean 5 fights + Thanos is completion?!

The post specifically said do 10 fights plus thanos to get completion rewards. Unless I read the original post wrong
    I'm thinking you may need to revisit that "specifically" part.

At least now there is Kabam confirmation that it's bugged for those doing 5+Thanos. Good grief, I actually thought for a moment that they had designed it for doing section 1 + Thanos was just for the fun of showing an empty completion reward picture.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    A bit spotty on this thread, but has anyone done all 20 fights yet?
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,106 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Already been a few to do it live on YouTube....KT1, Lagacy is finishing it up now and Satsui I believe is finishing up as well or already finished
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,106 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Etm34 said:

Already been a few to do it live on YouTube....KT1, Lagacy is finishing it up now and Satsui I believe is finishing up as well or already finished
    You can also scroll down just a wee bit and see 2 threads near the top about people finishing all 20 fights
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Any suggestions for spider ham except quake?
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    What heroes are good for completion
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I wonder how many people are going to do this without Quake?

That's not a dig at anyone who does use her, I just personally don't have her and would love to know what other actually viable and cost effective options there are.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★

10/10 content.

What r some alternatives if u dont have a strong professor x or imiw?
  • Eternity0Eternity0 Posts: 107 ★★
    100% done with Gm's gauntlet was absolute blast!! 🥂 Cheers for making a reasonable & difficult content with fat stack of rewards!

Kabam a small apeal for flexing 😅 can people who explores Gm's gauntlet 100% get a nice Neon framed title? 👀
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    This was so much fun! Best content we've had in a long time. Quake and Sentinel were my MVPs. The rundown of my fights is shown below.

Doom - Quake (solo)
    Terrax - Quake (solo)
    Vision - Quake (solo)
    Modok - Quake (solo)
    Spider-Ham - NF (3 revives)
    Weapon X - Sentinel (solo)
    Thing - Sentinel (solo)
    Korg - Quake (1 revive)
    Dragonman - Torch (solo)
    BPCW - Quake (solo)
    NC - Sentinel (solo)
    Spider Gwen - NF (solo)
    Domino - Sentinel (solo)
    Mojo - Torch w/ prefight, Quake finished the last 20%
    iBom - Sentinel (1 revive)
    Apoc - Sentinel (solo)
    Sasquatch - Quake (4 revives) My worst fight :disappointed:
    Killmonger - BWCV (solo)
    Void - BWCV (1 revive)
    Nick Fury - Sentinel first life, BWCV second life
    Thanos - BWCV first 50%, NF final 50%

One thing I did want to mention on the iBom fight, I totally would have solod with Sentinel but didn't heal up as I thought he wasn't going to be the best counter. Turns out he is an amazing counter. Definitely another easy solo for Sentinel if you play it correctly.
  • noregrets100noregrets100 Posts: 28
    I guess I’ll be one of the complainers. No matter how much I try, I am not good enough to complete some of the content in this game(I am Thronebreaker). Don’t get me wrong, I do not think that this game should easy, but if you’re not getting at least half of your player base completing end game content without them putting a lot of cash into your cow, then you are doing everyone below elite skill an injustice. I know you have to keep the lights on, but it seems to me that most content is not made with your slightly above average player in mind. You slogan should be “Show me the Money!” Yes, I saw the disclaimer, and if you have to add that, then it is more than obvious what your priorities are, and it’s not your playerbase.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I'm nearly done and I honestly didn't really enjoy it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I used:
    5/65 CGR
    5/65 Mags
    6r2 G2099
    6r3 Prof X
    6r3 Sym
    I really enjoyed it. If the main goal of this wasn’t to burn through all the revives I had in the overflow, I would have ran a different team and definitely could have done it cheaper than I did. Overall I spent probably around 40 revives (mix of 20%, 40%, and team revives) and about 2,500 units on health potions. I enjoyed it all except for the Block Penetration Korg only because Korg is shock immune so you can’t play around the Node.
    Prof X with a mutant power boost slays most of the fights and he was my go-to. If I was playing this seriously, I would have swapped out G2099 for AA, CGR for Void, and Sym for Hyperion.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

10/10 content.

What r some alternatives if u dont have a strong professor x or imiw?
    So for the fights I used those two for

- Korg: Sorcerer supreme could work, quake, Apoc, falcon are some I can think of
    - Night crawler: any counter really, just switch his mode
    - Spider Gwen: I think falcon could work, Apoc too, crossbones, ghost, killmonger, moleman, Nick
    - Nick: any mutant will do, not a particularly tough fight
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I guess I’ll be one of the complainers. No matter how much I try, I am not good enough to complete some of the content in this game(I am Thronebreaker). Don’t get me wrong, I do not think that this game should easy, but if you’re not getting at least half of your player base completing end game content without them putting a lot of cash into your cow, then you are doing everyone below elite skill an injustice. I know you have to keep the lights on, but it seems to me that most content is not made with your slightly above average player in mind. You slogan should be “Show me the Money!” Yes, I saw the disclaimer, and if you have to add that, then it is more than obvious what your priorities are, and it’s not your playerbase.

There is very little content that comes out for End game players, when it does come out, this is not a reason for it to be available for everyone. Mid tier players have their variants, LoL, act 7, and end gamers get abyss and gauntlet stuff. It’s only fair to make the game fun for everyone don’t you agree? Rather than just fun for mid tier
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Yet another cash grab. This is only created for the whales playing this game and it is sad.
    It just creates bigger and bigger gap between normal players and the high end spenders.
    Opening 6* crystals is already disappointing as the chances are more and more now that you pull **** champs. And more and more players in my alliance loose hope in this game and considering quitting this game for good. And I am not even mentioning all the bugs and crashes of the game, or over complicated side quests.

Its definitely not a cash grab although it might have appear to be one initially. I didn't spend a single unit and finished it with not even a full stash because I still haven't recovered my stash since I ran the last path in abyss. It just requires some good planning and you should be able to get through it with very little item use.

I think a lot of people will be running it this week so if there are any fights that you have questions on just ask them here instead of giving up right away. We are all able to help, and we only get more feedback on good counters for each fight as the week goes on.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★

I used:
    5/65 CGR
    5/65 Mags
    6r2 G2099
    6r3 Prof X
    6r3 Sym
    I really enjoyed it. If the main goal of this wasn’t to burn through all the revives I had in the overflow, I would have ran a different team and definitely could have done it cheaper than I did. Overall I spent probably around 40 revives (mix of 20%, 40%, and team revives) and about 2,500 units on health potions. I enjoyed it all except for the Block Penetration Korg only because Korg is shock immune so you can’t play around the Node.
    Prof X with a mutant power boost slays most of the fights and he was my go-to. If I was playing this seriously, I would have swapped out G2099 for AA, CGR for Void, and Sym for Hyperion.

Who would you use for terrace, guesssing you used sym but would void work if you swapped him?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    elio said:

Hey all, we are looking into the missing Completion Rewards. Don't worry, if you completed the Gauntlet and didn't receive the completion rewards, we will be sure to get them to you.

WHEN can we expect that, i need a rank up for war defence and im not planning to use the generic 1-2 gem for example on mordo and then i get a mystic 1-2 from the crystal afterwards... @Kabam Miike
    Let them figure out the problem first. Then they'll update us.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/oz4Icp9oCxY

Holy cow..... MSD does it again
  • Although now the completion rewards show as part of the quest now and that I have a check mark by the completion rewards, I still have not gotten the completion rewards and only have the rewards from the first chest. @Kabam Miike