**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

This actually saddens me that it’s not for Cavalier’s either.

This isn't even for Thronebreaker, TBH. It's for somebody that's 100% ALL content in the game. Thronebreaker is just the absolute bare-minimum requirement.
    Not true. KT1 has admitted that 100% the Gauntlet is more worth it than 100% Abyss along with 7.1/7.2. This is meant for somebody with a diverse roster, however you put an arbitrary requirement.

Siliyo said:

Why? So you can complain you can't get TB?
    Who’s complaining? This would have been a great opportunity to obtain Thronebreaker in addition to what’s available
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

Who’s complaining? This would have been a great opportunity to obtain Thronebreaker in addition to what’s available
    If this was available for cav it would make TB ridiculously easy to get, a full selector for any champion you want?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

This isn't even for Thronebreaker, TBH. It's for somebody that's 100% ALL content in the game. Thronebreaker is just the absolute bare-minimum requirement.
    Not true. KT1 has admitted that 100% the Gauntlet is more worth it than 100% Abyss along with 7.1/7.2. This is meant for somebody with a diverse roster, however you put an arbitrary requirement.
    There's already people in this thread calling it a cash grab and blah blah blah. If those "TB" players are complaining, Cav players for sure are going to complain.

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

If this was available for cav it would make TB ridiculously easy to get, a full selector for any champion you want?
    You forget you need to acquire said champion, which may not happen anytime soon.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

I used:
    5/65 CGR
    5/65 Mags
    6r2 G2099
    6r3 Prof X
    6r3 Sym
    I really enjoyed it. If the main goal of this wasn’t to burn through all the revives I had in the overflow, I would have ran a different team and definitely could have done it cheaper than I did. Overall I spent probably around 40 revives (mix of 20%, 40%, and team revives) and about 2,500 units on health potions. I enjoyed it all except for the Block Penetration Korg only because Korg is shock immune so you can’t play around the Node.
    Prof X with a mutant power boost slays most of the fights and he was my go-to. If I was playing this seriously, I would have swapped out G2099 for AA, CGR for Void, and Sym for Hyperion.

Who would you use for terrace, guesssing you used sym but would void work if you swapped him?
    I’d use Prof with mutant boost.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★

Here we go, all done. 250 units, 3 small revives, 2 team revives were used. Not as much as I was expecting, but that was a hell of a lot of fun. Best content in a while, if not ever for me. Everything was the right health pool, difficulty and fun level for me.

All my champs pulled their weight, quake did heavy lifting, but where I could use someone else, I would. E.g. spidergwen was taken by Prof X, night crawler by ImIW, Korg by ImIW

10/10 content.

I chose science t5cc to rank 3 my spider Gwen and I hulk. About to open the nexus now.

Looks like hardly any units/revives spent, am I missing something? Post after said 40 revives used and 2500 units. Unless you played quake’s dex style perfectly for numerous fights each at 600k+ health which is doubtful
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★

Here we go, all done. 250 units, 3 small revives, 2 team revives were used. Not as much as I was expecting, but that was a hell of a lot of fun. Best content in a while, if not ever for me. Everything was the right health pool, difficulty and fun level for me.

All my champs pulled their weight, quake did heavy lifting, but where I could use someone else, I would. E.g. spidergwen was taken by Prof X, night crawler by ImIW, Korg by ImIW

10/10 content.

I chose science t5cc to rank 3 my spider Gwen and I hulk. About to open the nexus now.

Did you get completion rewards
  • MorghaxorMorghaxor Posts: 30
    I don't know who to use on Terrax... 5r5 Magik dies too fast. 5r5 BWCV doesn't get to 2 bars of power fast enough either...

No Quake, no Namor...
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

GagoH said:

10/10 content.

Looks like hardly any units/revives spent, am I missing something? Post after said 40 revives used and 2500 units. Unless you played quake’s dex style perfectly for numerous fights each at 600k+ health which is doubtful
    Hi, I did a breakdown on each fight and what happened, it's linked below. I guess if you think it's doubtful I quaked 8 fights then that's up to you and you're entitled to your opinion, but i don't really have a reason to lie. I want to provide people with accurate information, I'm not bothered about chasing internet approval.

The trick with quaking long fights is taking breaks in between fights and even during. If you pause just when the stun starts and you havent charged your heavy, grab a drink, walk around and make sure you don't get burned out. I used those amounts of resources on these fights, I have a few of the solos recorded too.

All I did was play my best, maybe it's below average spending, maybe not. I just wanted to do a write up and let the community know what's possible and a few tips on fights

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267540/my-gauntlet-run#latest
    @BitterSteel Out of curiousity how long does each fight take to Quake? I don't have her but I just want to know how long 650k health on a r5 5* would take to have Quake (and shake) partake without breaks, mistakes, or finger aches.

GagoH said:

10/10 content.

Hi, I did a breakdown on each fight and what happened, it's linked below. I guess if you think it's doubtful I quaked 8 fights then that's up to you and you're entitled to your opinion, but i don't really have a reason to lie. I want to provide people with accurate information, I'm not bothered about chasing internet approval.

The trick with quaking long fights is taking breaks in between fights and even during. If you pause just when the stun starts and you havent charged your heavy, grab a drink, walk around and make sure you don't get burned out. I used those amounts of resources on these fights, I have a few of the solos recorded too.

All I did was play my best, maybe it's below average spending, maybe not. I just wanted to do a write up and let the community know what's possible and a few tips on fights

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267540/my-gauntlet-run#latest
    What device are you using? I always get dropped inputs with quake when I play her dex style (she ends up just standing there) , so I use her parry method, but that’s obviously out of the question for the gauntlet since the block damage would be too much for the crazy high attack values.

GagoH said:

10/10 content.

@BitterSteel Out of curiousity how long does each fight take to Quake? I don't have her but I just want to know how long 650k health on a r5 5* would take to have Quake (and shake) partake without breaks, mistakes, or finger aches.
    I’m not sure exactly how long, didnt time or record any quake gameplay.

But on the longest fights an after shock round would take 2% health off, and the shorter ones would be 3%

That’s a long quake fight. But once you get in the rhythm it’s not too hard to solo the fight as long as you keep your concentration.

GagoH said:

10/10 content.

Suicides makes the damage more appreciable but regardless, when the healthpools are that high its easy to slip up and miss a dex , eating a combo. Wish the attack values weren’t as high so you could use her parry method
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Anyone have footage of Quaking Sassy? I just can't seem to do it. It definitely sucks to have what seems like an impossible encounter for my team so late in the quest. I've tried quiting out at 1% and using Wasp, healing is too much. I've tried building Quake to sp3, but it's an uphill battle for sure. Is that the way though, get her to sp3 and then get his health back down again?
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian

Anyone have footage of Quaking Sassy? I just can't seem to do it. It definitely sucks to have what seems like an impossible encounter for my team so late in the quest. I've tried quiting out at 1% and using Wasp, healing is too much. I've tried building Quake to sp3, but it's an uphill battle for sure. Is that the way though, get her to sp3 and then get his health back down again?

I got him to 1% and when the aftershocks were about to trigger I would heavy and he died instantly.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    H3t3r said:

I got him to 1% and when the aftershocks were about to trigger I would heavy and he died instantly.
    I found out the hard way during my run;

Basically this worked really well for me once I got the hang of it.

1. Quake him normally at the start.
    2. When he’s stubbed drop a heavy and do a combo to build to power, bait his specials and begin quaking again.
    3. Rinse and repeat step 2 till you hit 3 bars of power
    4. Quake him down to the final 3-4% health and drop that heavy at just the right time when he’s stunned at this point. Remember, you have to drop that heavy to remove life cycle here when he’s at around 3% health and not 1% or else he’ll heal back up
    5. Once life cycle is on cooldown throw that sp3 which should do around 3% damage to kill him.

H3t3r said:

2. When he’s stubbed drop a heavy and do a combo to build to power, bait his specials and begin quaking again.
    4. Quake him down to the final 3-4% health and drop that heavy at just the right time when he’s stunned at this point. Remember, you have to drop that heavy to remove life cycle here when he’s at around 3% health and not 1% or else he’ll heal back up
    5. Once life cycle is on cooldown throw that sp3 which should do around 3% damage to kill him.
    It's good advice, thanks guys. Though 3% didn't cut the mustard. Needs to be 2% unless you are boosted. I'm gonna try again boosted and/or try for 2%. It was heartbreaking fighting him for 5 minutes building up to sp3, then Quaking him back down only to watch the last hit of my sp3 take him from 1% to 1% lol...omg 😅
    edited June 2021

H3t3r said:

It's good advice, thanks guys. Though 3% didn't cut the mustard. Needs to be 2% unless you are boosted. I'm gonna try again boosted and/or try for 2%. It was heartbreaking fighting him for 5 minutes building up to sp3, then Quaking him back down only to watch the last hit of my sp3 take him from 1% to 1% lol...omg 😅
    Oof, finally got him. That was by far the hardest fight for me and the team I brought (zero healing mitigation aside from Quake). Like, it wasn't even close. I'd do all the other fights again to bypass this one. 😅
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

10/10 content.

Quaking 600k+ healthpools ain’t that bad. Very doable.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

H3t3r said:

Oof, finally got him. That was by far the hardest fight for me and the team I brought (zero healing mitigation aside from Quake). Like, it wasn't even close. I'd do all the other fights again to bypass this one. 😅
    Could be worse, the team I had in couldn't do it. Now I am forced to quit out
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Seeing so many comments on how it can quaked, i wonder if it could be the gateway for 6 star quake? A hint before she's dropped in next month?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Seeing so many comments on how it can quaked, i wonder if it could be the gateway for 6 star quake? A hint before she's dropped in next month?

Yeah Quake will never become a six star
    ItsDamien said:

Yeah Quake will never become a six star
    I think this Gauntlet shows exactly why she won't be.

It's virtually Quake or bust for the most part.
    I used quake for 8 fights and I wouldnt mind if she didn't come out as a 6*
    GagoH said:

GagoH said:

10/10 content.

What device are you using? I always get dropped inputs with quake when I play her dex style (she ends up just standing there) , so I use her parry method, but that’s obviously out of the question for the gauntlet since the block damage would be too much for the crazy high attack values.
    I'm using an Iphone XS, never really had a problem with dropped inputs with quake. Maybe one out of 100+ fights I'd see it with someone else. I think quake is just about building experience in long fights, getting into a rhythm. I use her a ton in war, as I help out on boss island a lot in my BG, so bringing quake usually deals with my path. As a result, I'm quite used to quaking the ebb and flow intercept mini, which can take up to 5 mins.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,907 ★★★★★
    I really don't want to quake these fights. She's just so boring. Sucks that she's the best option for many of these fights.