**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

NERF SOP MYSTERIO

MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
Okay I'm gonna come straight to my point:
This is the summer of pain. Not the Summer of specific counters.
It is supposed to be about skill, and talent. The rogue boss was great... doable for most rosters IF and ONLY IF they had skill.
Sinister was decent... a bit choosy with the counters... but still... most people have Dr.Doom, or Torch or Sunspot so it was okayish.
But the mysterio boss is simply IMPOSSIBLE unless you have very specific champs ie Ibomb, King groot, Voodoo, Claire or Manthing.
Ibomb is very rare, and King groot and Manthing are rarely ranked up by anyone. Any champ that doesn't put poison is useless. Also, Mysterio has very tough to evade sp1 animation, baiting sp2 dsnt work at all cuz of the power drain and matador, and and his block penetration is way too much to handle.

And they say the bosses only get harder from here.
As someone who has completed 6.3.3, I can say that the mysterio boss is way too much... and the moment I read the nodes I gave up.
They should at least give him the "toxicant? toxi-can!" node

This sends the message that all the Kabam wants is money. This game is not just for the ultra max endgame players. If summer of pain is accessible to cavs at least make the first half doable for them.

Comments

• Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

Also, Mysterio has very tough to evade sp1 animation

Then learn it. You have seven days. Also some people did Mr. sinister in like 5-800 hits. Something like that should be possible against Mysterio here with poisonless champs
  • Options

Pain is one thing. Head smashing is another. Lol.

FAX
  • Options
    Voltolos said:

MojoHater said:

Also, Mysterio has very tough to evade sp1 animation

Then learn it. You have seven days. Also some people did Mr. sinister in like 5-800 hits. Something like that should be possible against Mysterio here with poisonless champs
    I did sinister with doom in 500 hits :neutral:
    Also I did 6.2 sinister with r5 g99 in 800 hits with the 90% reduction and he has like 1/3rd of mysterio's health pool. Leave alone the fact that mysterio has armor unlike sinister and leave alone class advantage
  • Options

Summer of Pain is meant to be tough and difficult and for the best of the best. But is it for the best of the best in terms of Wallet-emptying (for units) or for talent and skill? Honestly I know the acid wash node has been a problem for many summoners but being so ruthless with the armour break node and matador on a Mysterio is just a bit too much. Doesn't stop the thought that Kabam might have tipped to serve thronebreakers with huge rosters rather than cavs. If this was the case, why open SoP to cavs in the first place? This is my viewpoint and of course I am open to further information as I myself am not the farthest in content (rn at 6.2.1), but to sum things up, I believe that Kabam, unintentionally or not, are spitting on the face of cavalier summoners once more and bending their content to Thronebreaker summoers.

Bro this is exactly what I wanted to say... but worded 100x better
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Theoretically with an insane amount of skill and time, you could solo this with anyone.
  • Options

Dude you can use anyone who applies poison... fight is actually skill based....he has more power and madator so its easy access to special and easy access to armor break...its just long fight which needs patience

Anyone who applies poison? Only decent champs with poison are ibom claire voodoo... and even then it's mysterio with all his problems
  • Options
    AngryHen123AngryHen123 Posts: 33
    Zan0 said:

Summer of Pain is meant to be tough and difficult and for the best of the best. But is it for the best of the best in terms of Wallet-emptying (for units) or for talent and skill? Honestly I know the acid wash node has been a problem for many summoners but being so ruthless with the armour break node and matador on a Mysterio is just a bit too much. Doesn't stop the thought that Kabam might have tipped to serve thronebreakers with huge rosters rather than cavs. If this was the case, why open SoP to cavs in the first place? This is my viewpoint and of course I am open to further information as I myself am not the farthest in content (rn at 6.2.1), but to sum things up, I believe that Kabam, unintentionally or not, are spitting on the face of cavalier summoners once more and bending their content to Thronebreaker summoers.

Because if it wasn't open for cavalier players they would cry and scream
    Right but that's not my point. The fact that the quest is open to cavs means that they SHOULD be skilled enough to take on the fights. And that might be. The problem is that roster depth is what's keeping budding summoners from MAYBE an account changing 6*.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Head smashing is exactly how you're supposed to beat this Mysterio.
    Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Stop spamming.

The fight can be done with just about anyone

Sir kindly upload a video doing it with groot
    You think this weeks hard, Kabam mike literally stated that the first three weeks are easy. It will only get worse after that
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    I dont want to be rude or anything...in begining i even thought fight was tough but once you get rhythm you will get it...also you must rank few champs atleast which applies poison as lot of times it comes handy so dont beat yourself up on it...rank up necessary champs ,take it slow , understand the fight and practice...you will beat it if you just stop complaining and instead keep trying...!!!
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

Stop spamming.

The fight can be done with just about anyone

Sir kindly upload a video doing it with groot
    Honestly, it's doable. But I won't do someone else's job.
    And I don't want to rank up a 4-star groot since I don't have any rarity above that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    It's only frustrating to those who haven't developed their rosters, which is why SoP is primarily for TBs and Cavaliers can attempt it with what they have. Frustrating is also a poor choice to describe anything, since what some people find frustrating some people will find fun.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    It is the summer of PAIN, if you are not a whale and do not have any of the specific (way more specific than previous weeks) ranked up.
    I mean. I never planned on getting a very high rank reward. So I will just skip this week. But if the other 6 weeks will have these very very specific counters it is going to suck major balls.