**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

NERF SOP MYSTERIO

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,290 ★★★★★

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Pain is one thing. Head smashing is another. Lol.

Head smashing is exactly how you're supposed to beat this Mysterio.
    Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    It's only frustrating to those who haven't developed their rosters, which is why SoP is primarily for TBs and Cavaliers can attempt it with what they have. Frustrating is also a poor choice to describe anything, since what some people find frustrating some people will find fun.
    Define developed. If you're saying it's only for people with 80-100 6*s and 15-20 R3s, then there's a major design flaw in making it available to Cavs.
    I... I used a 5/65 Man thing on my main, and I'm using a 5/65 I-Abom on my mini. What about that screams 80-100 6* to you?
    I was making a point. One that people will apparently argue incessantly just to rub it in the faces of people who are stuck.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    It's only frustrating to those who haven't developed their rosters, which is why SoP is primarily for TBs and Cavaliers can attempt it with what they have. Frustrating is also a poor choice to describe anything, since what some people find frustrating some people will find fun.
    Define developed. If you're saying it's only for people with 80-100 6*s and 15-20 R3s, then there's a major design flaw in making it available to Cavs.
    I... I used a 5/65 Man thing on my main, and I'm using a 5/65 I-Abom on my mini. What about that screams 80-100 6* to you?
    I was making a point. One that people will apparently argue incessantly just to rub it in the faces of people who are stuck.
    Only for entitled people who complain that it’s too hard and want things made easier FOR THEM.

For people who genuinely ask for advice and want to learn to get better, these “face rubbing people” tend to become much nicer.
    Right. Any complaint about the degree of difficulty is just entitlement. Nothing to see here.
    If it's a fight where a solo is possible and people have already gotten through it without a problem, yes, it is entitlement and potentially even laziness to not go in and try.

On top of that, kabam called it the summer of pain. If people expected it to be a cakewalk, I think they gotta go dump some ice water on their heads and think twice.
    I'm aware of what it is. I'm also aware that *some* people will waltz through it. That's the same as anything that's released. No one said anything about cake walk. It's about some sort of reasonability to it. Not just narrow to the point of being insane.
    Not everyone who has an issue is expecting to glide through it without trouble. Some of us are not strangers to a challenge. However, that doesn’t mean it's appropriate just because they said Pain. Not when you have a demographic of people who are waiting on a Resource wall of 2% RNG at a time and are just about ready to give up rather than wait 2 years to get to the next stage
    How are you only getting 2% rng at a time? Do you not do A7 and Variants? Do you not get selectors?

People are clearing this with 5*R5s and they have nothing to do with the 2% rng you’re talking about.

Also, there are so many champs that can inflict poison, 15 at the very least. That’s roughly 10% of the champion pool.

You really have no ground to stand on here. Masking “not skilled enough” with “narrow selection of champ” will just make your argument seem more hollow than it already was.
  • Options
    Jaemon512Jaemon512 Posts: 46

Im sure you have one of these champs. And if not, Guillotine 2099 and Mags might be better options that some of the above champs.

G2099 will die to the shock damage. The Nano-Plague node is particularly rough on her.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★

@MojoHater this u

He’s also got posts complaining about Variants being too exclusive. There’s a real pattern in there.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Jaemon512 said:

Im sure you have one of these champs. And if not, Guillotine 2099 and Mags might be better options that some of the above champs.

G2099 will die to the shock damage. The Nano-Plague node is particularly rough on her.
    Jaemon512 said:

Isnt that only if you get poisoned? Unless she is really brutal on holding specials, you should be fine.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 875 ★★★★

Jaemon512 said:

Jaemon512 said:

Isnt that only if you get poisoned? Unless she is really brutal on holding specials, you should be fine.
    Oh you have no idea.... Once he hits 3 gas he basically becomes all or nothing lol
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 773 ★★★★
    > Said week 2 decent... bc most ppl have doom,ht but said week 3 hard bc ppl don't have poison champs
    > Said should be skill based but have trouble dexing sp1 .
    Pick your lies mate, also P in SoP have its meaning, i personnal should make this event for TB because cav player thought they can access SoP doesn't mean they can beat all of them.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Only for entitled people who complain that it’s too hard and want things made easier FOR THEM.

For people who genuinely ask for advice and want to learn to get better, these “face rubbing people” tend to become much nicer.
    Right. Any complaint about the degree of difficulty is just entitlement. Nothing to see here.
    If it's a fight where a solo is possible and people have already gotten through it without a problem, yes, it is entitlement and potentially even laziness to not go in and try.

On top of that, kabam called it the summer of pain. If people expected it to be a cakewalk, I think they gotta go dump some ice water on their heads and think twice.
    I'm aware of what it is. I'm also aware that *some* people will waltz through it. That's the same as anything that's released. No one said anything about cake walk. It's about some sort of reasonability to it. Not just narrow to the point of being insane.
    Not everyone who has an issue is expecting to glide through it without trouble. Some of us are not strangers to a challenge. However, that doesn’t mean it's appropriate just because they said Pain. Not when you have a demographic of people who are waiting on a Resource wall of 2% RNG at a time and are just about ready to give up rather than wait 2 years to get to the next stage
    How are you only getting 2% rng at a time? Do you not do A7 and Variants? Do you not get selectors?

People are clearing this with 5*R5s and they have nothing to do with the 2% rng you’re talking about.

Also, there are so many champs that can inflict poison, 15 at the very least. That’s roughly 10% of the champion pool.

You really have no ground to stand on here. Masking “not skilled enough” with “narrow selection of champ” will just make your argument seem more hollow than it already was.
    I'm talking about the end goal.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 875 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

@MojoHater this u

He’s also got posts complaining about Variants being too exclusive. There’s a real pattern in there.
    I don't know whether I should laugh or be disappointed lol
  • Options

Wonder how people will react when Slashed Tires Juggernaut gets it's turn ...

This will be funny. Man.. that jug still gives me nightmares, especially if he’s gonna come with unblockable sp1. (Tbh he won’t be that much of a pain nowadays with slow/stagger/nullify being much more prevalent than when he was in A4)
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,419 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

This will be funny. Man.. that jug still gives me nightmares, especially if he’s gonna come with unblockable sp1. (Tbh he won’t be that much of a pain nowadays with slow/stagger/nullify being much more prevalent than when he was in A4)
    Most people don't know the pain of slashed tires juggs. They should make that fight in it's original form and only allow champs that were available back then in their past state.
  • Options

xNig said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

You might want to re-read the announcement to refresh yourself on the end goal of Summer of Pain.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I don't have 80 6*s. I have 4 R3s with the option of another 3 I can rank up.

My 5* roster is developed enough that I have everything I need to do virtually any content in the game because I spent time building up that roster. Cavs also have access to all the same things that I have to do the same.
    I have an extensive 5* Roster as well. That's not the point. The point is the first two Fights were based on skill. Moderately difficult, but doable with a number of Champs. This one is a pigeon hole on top of a challenge. For the record, I never had any arguments with the first two. This is just a brick wall.
    Theres what? Like 15 counters. They spesifically said this content would be tough for anyone who even 100% all other content. And its also in the name if you havent noticed. Its just not for you then. Which is fine. Or at least it should be, but for some reason you guys always wanna argue that it should be
    It's just not for me? Hmm....so the last two Fights were for me, but this one isn't? In an Event that already limits how much I can achieve based on my Title?
    This is just senseless. People continue to minimize any argument someone had against the level of difficulty as if it's just whining. It's arrogant. So you all had no issues. Congratulations. Other people have issues and they're communicating them.
    @GroundedWisdom haha bad
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    I kind of agree. While we pretty much knew that there would be an Acid Wash Mysterio since this has been advertised as a summer-long cavalcade of painful bosses from years past, Acid Wash as a node is incredibly frustrating. There are not a lot of good champs that can deal poison damage, that people can reasonably be expected to have ranked up.

All of that said, I've seen more counters to him than I initially expected. If you find it really hard, I suggest just sitting back for a while and take a gander at the strategies other people develop for the fight. There have been several people on youtube who've already surprised me and I wouldn't be shocked to see more surprising solutions to this fight as time goes on.

I'll refrain from passing judgement on this fight until it's been out for at least a few days.

That said, I hate Acid Wash as a node. I hate every node where you can only deal damage under very specific conditions. They're typically easier now that I have a more developed roster, but I still never find them fun.
  • Options
    bruhmomento69bruhmomento69 Posts: 157
    Skill issue tbh
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

This is a horrendous take.

If you struggle with consistently dexing Mysterio’s sp1, that is a skill issue. If you are taking too much chip damage to your block, that is a skill issue.

If you play cleanly and intelligently, you could theoretically do this with just about any (ideally poison immune) champ. I would not recommend this because it would be a ridiculously long fight, but it’s an option for a really skilled player.

I don’t know why you invoke having completed 6.3.3 as some kind of milestone that means you should be able to do this. Like, congrats on having done that but it has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Being able to apply poison is a pretty important utility. Lots of champs have it. If you don’t have it in your roster, then this content was not made for you. SoP is not *for* Cavalier players. It is *open* to them. If you can beat it, awesome! If not, keep working at growing your skill and roster. But if you’re going to act as if you are entitled to an easy ride, you will not receive a warm reception.

This
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Ooof, i expected this fight to be in SoP, just not this early. Hate fighting mysterio, time to buckle up and endure the fight, haha. I hope im better at fighting this fishbowl at the end of this challenge.

I’m actually celebrating that it’s this week rather than anytime after.

(Think about clearing this fight with a 4* as a special objective….)
    Looking forward to no retreat pre nerf the champion with the MSD and Swedeah challenges (aka, 2 star she hulk and 3 star Kamala).
    Something more fun will be like “Defeat No Retreat Champion with a 4* without triggering No Retreat”.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

I kind of agree. While we pretty much knew that there would be an Acid Wash Mysterio since this has been advertised as a summer-long cavalcade of painful bosses from years past, Acid Wash as a node is incredibly frustrating. There are not a lot of good champs that can deal poison damage, that people can reasonably be expected to have ranked up.

All of that said, I've seen more counters to him than I initially expected. If you find it really hard, I suggest just sitting back for a while and take a gander at the strategies other people develop for the fight. There have been several people on youtube who've already surprised me and I wouldn't be shocked to see more surprising solutions to this fight as time goes on.

I'll refrain from passing judgement on this fight until it's been out for at least a few days.

That said, I hate Acid Wash as a node. I hate every node where you can only deal damage under very specific conditions. They're typically easier now that I have a more developed roster, but I still never find them fun.

Can you define "not a lot of good champs that can deal poison". What's not a lot to you?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

You might want to re-read the announcement to refresh yourself on the end goal of Summer of Pain.
    The Rewards is what I mean. That goal can save me a great deal of time slogging along for 2% and 10% RNG. You're not getting what I'm saying. I read the Announcement. I'm aware. What I don't understand is the lack of empathy and respect for people with other needs. Then again, I'm just not of the same mentality.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

*inserts two cents no one cares about*

I've done the fight with minimal difficulty using Claire Voyant but I agree with the creator of the thread. When you severely limit the champion pool it becomes less about skill and more about stress. I think they miss the mark on making things accessible and difficult more often than not. Sometimes they seem to get it .. other times it's like let's see what end game players say now while forgetting about the other 98% of the game's population lol

Still ... I've done the fight and I too think the way it is isn't really about skill but more so very specific champs. I mean it can "technically" be a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG slog with any champ but why introduce the stress of that in a so far fun event just to prove some point to end game players.

How is it champ specific when there are more than 15 champs that can inflict poison? And it was even made more roster encompassing than A6 by introducing a node that armor breaks him when you use a special on top of a node that gives him (and indirectly you) more power to throw specials?
    well those 15 or so champs (really?? there's actually 15?? lol) ... that makes up less than a 2% of the champion pool doesn't it?? thus making it pretty specific lol

as i mentioned though .. you can "technically" do it with any champ .. even the ones that don't do poison if you want to sit through a 1000 hit win :|

i just think the point of these things is to make it difficult but not restrictive ... and keep in mind .. i've done it so I'm not on the side of those who can't finish it ... just saying I can certainly understand their frustration.
  • Options

xNig said:

Most people don't know the pain of slashed tires juggs. They should make that fight in it's original form and only allow champs that were available back then in their past state.
    😭
  • Options
    Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★

• Options

xNig said:

I've done the fight with minimal difficulty using Claire Voyant but I agree with the creator of the thread. When you severely limit the champion pool it becomes less about skill and more about stress. I think they miss the mark on making things accessible and difficult more often than not. Sometimes they seem to get it .. other times it's like let's see what end game players say now while forgetting about the other 98% of the game's population lol

Still ... I've done the fight and I too think the way it is isn't really about skill but more so very specific champs. I mean it can "technically" be a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG slog with any champ but why introduce the stress of that in a so far fun event just to prove some point to end game players.

How is it champ specific when there are more than 15 champs that can inflict poison? And it was even made more roster encompassing than A6 by introducing a node that armor breaks him when you use a special on top of a node that gives him (and indirectly you) more power to throw specials?
    well those 15 or so champs (really?? there's actually 15?? lol) ... that makes up less than a 2% of the champion pool doesn't it?? thus making it pretty specific lol

as i mentioned though .. you can "technically" do it with any champ .. even the ones that don't do poison if you want to sit through a 1000 hit win :|

i just think the point of these things is to make it difficult but not restrictive ... and keep in mind .. i've done it so I'm not on the side of those who can't finish it ... just saying I can certainly understand their frustration.
    There's roughly 15 or so with poison but how many have Slow as a debuff..... Oh less than 15 huh...
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Ooof, i expected this fight to be in SoP, just not this early. Hate fighting mysterio, time to buckle up and endure the fight, haha. I hope im better at fighting this fishbowl at the end of this challenge.

I’m actually celebrating that it’s this week rather than anytime after.

(Think about clearing this fight with a 4* as a special objective….)
    Looking forward to no retreat pre nerf the champion with the MSD and Swedeah challenges (aka, 2 star she hulk and 3 star Kamala).
    Something more fun will be like “Defeat No Retreat Champion with a 4* without triggering No Retreat”.
    Don't worry. Just use IHulk. Remember, Prof Hoff proved to everyone he's immune to no retreat.
    Uh duh the node says no retreat, and I hulk retreated and nothing bad happened

best counter in game
  • Options

xNig said:

15/150 is 10%. 15/200 is 7.5%. Specific?