**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

NERF SOP MYSTERIO

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,420 ★★★★★

The following apply poison:
    Ant Man
    Ibom
    Apoc
    AA
    Mr.Sinister(Let Mysterio throw a special 1 to get a bar, chill until the node poisons you, instantly throw your sp1 for poison)
    Green Goblin
    Labtron
    King Groot
    BWCV
    Diablo(On Monday 2 days before challenge ends, could be an incredible option)
    Voodoo
    Man Thing

Im sure you have one of these champs. And if not, Guillotine 2099 and Mags might be better options that some of the above champs.

And if you REALLY want to get the top rewards, you could show off your massive skill by using any champ and enduring a fight that would last about the duration of any 7 million health mysterio(in a situation where you had full health.

I did it with Apoc.
    How did you make out with him?
    My lips.....

I used revives but only because I got trapped a few times. But I had 2 250k runs and 1 100k run. To use him, Mysterio needs to toss a SP1, wait out the timer and throw a medium and then throw your sp1. Don't let Mysterio get to sp2.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,290 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Pain is one thing. Head smashing is another. Lol.

Head smashing is exactly how you're supposed to beat this Mysterio.
    Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    It's only frustrating to those who haven't developed their rosters, which is why SoP is primarily for TBs and Cavaliers can attempt it with what they have. Frustrating is also a poor choice to describe anything, since what some people find frustrating some people will find fun.
    Define developed. If you're saying it's only for people with 80-100 6*s and 15-20 R3s, then there's a major design flaw in making it available to Cavs.
    I don't have 80 6*s. I have 4 R3s with the option of another 3 I can rank up.

My 5* roster is developed enough that I have everything I need to do virtually any content in the game because I spent time building up that roster. Cavs also have access to all the same things that I have to do the same.
    I have an extensive 5* Roster as well. That's not the point. The point is the first two Fights were based on skill. Moderately difficult, but doable with a number of Champs. This one is a pigeon hole on top of a challenge. For the record, I never had any arguments with the first two. This is just a brick wall.
    I would argue that the first rogue fight, which requires a champ that inflicts slow, has fewer choices than a champ that can inflict poison.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    It's only frustrating to those who haven't developed their rosters, which is why SoP is primarily for TBs and Cavaliers can attempt it with what they have. Frustrating is also a poor choice to describe anything, since what some people find frustrating some people will find fun.
    Define developed. If you're saying it's only for people with 80-100 6*s and 15-20 R3s, then there's a major design flaw in making it available to Cavs.

My 5* roster is developed enough that I have everything I need to do virtually any content in the game because I spent time building up that roster. Cavs also have access to all the same things that I have to do the same.
    I have an extensive 5* Roster as well. That's not the point. The point is the first two Fights were based on skill. Moderately difficult, but doable with a number of Champs. This one is a pigeon hole on top of a challenge. For the record, I never had any arguments with the first two. This is just a brick wall.
    Theres what? Like 15 counters.
    I counted 12 who apply poison and 2 more in the form of G99 and Mags. Might have missed some though. And if you dont have 1/14 of those champs, you probably arent far enough in content to be ready. Because in later content you need poison champs.
  • Options
    xNig said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I would argue that the first rogue fight, which requires a champ that inflicts slow, has fewer choices than a champ that can inflict poison.
    You actually could use anyone for that fairly easily. But Rogue was a warm up for sure.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Ant Man
    Ibom
    Apoc
    AA
    Mr.Sinister(Let Mysterio throw a special 1 to get a bar, chill until the node poisons you, instantly throw your sp1 for poison)
    Green Goblin
    Labtron
    King Groot
    BWCV
    Voodoo
    Man Thing

Im sure you have one of these champs. And if not, Guillotine 2099 and Mags might be better options that some of the above champs.

And if you REALLY want to get the top rewards, you could show off your massive skill by using any champ and enduring a fight that would last about the duration of any 7 million health mysterio(in a situation where you had full health.

I did it with Apoc.
    My lips.....

I used revives but only because I got trapped a few times. But I had 2 250k runs and 1 100k run. To use him, Mysterio needs to toss a SP1, wait out the timer and throw a medium and then throw your sp1. Don't let Mysterio get to sp2.
    That is my plan once aq cycle ends. I used my 5 star a couple of times and got him to around 50 % each time. I will try for a one shot using Ibom, if not use a revive or 2 to get by. People see oneshots in youtube and think it has to be a one shot. Revives exist for a reason.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,420 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ant Man
    Ibom
    Apoc
    AA
    Green Goblin
    Labtron
    King Groot
    BWCV
    Voodoo
    Man Thing

I did it with Apoc.
    My lips.....
    Odd considering he's pixels, but you do you, buddy
    Strong imagination.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Theres what? Like 15 counters. They spesifically said this content would be tough for anyone who even 100% all other content. And its also in the name if you havent noticed. Its just not for you then. Which is fine. Or at least it should be, but for some reason you guys always wanna argue that it should be
    It's just not for me? Hmm....so the last two Fights were for me, but this one isn't? In an Event that already limits how much I can achieve based on my Title?
    This is just senseless. People continue to minimize any argument someone had against the level of difficulty as if it's just whining. It's arrogant. So you all had no issues. Congratulations. Other people have issues and they're communicating them.
  • Options
    Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

From the comments I've read here I infer that those who can take such challenges as this mysterio want others to not have the pleasure of this event and wish that even the initial bosses be kept impossible for most non-TB rosters.
    Well, then, we all know that a game dies if it caters only to the interest of the very top players. So RIP MCOC.

No need to get over dramatic. Your pretty much trying to blackmail Kabam. The problem isn’t the fight. It is the lack of thought for using different counters. I’ve seen KT1 do well with nf who is not a counter but just bleeds him to death.

I loved the last line “Rip Mcoc”. I don’t believe mcoc is gonna die anytime soon, but it will become more fun if kabam keeps adding these challenges for cavs and above
  • Options
    xNig said:

No. They don't complain when it's not available to them nearly as much as when it's made available to

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Theres what? Like 15 counters. They spesifically said this content would be tough for anyone who even 100% all other content. And its also in the name if you havent noticed. Its just not for you then. Which is fine. Or at least it should be, but for some reason you guys always wanna argue that it should be
    It's just not for me? Hmm....so the last two Fights were for me, but this one isn't? In an Event that already limits how much I can achieve based on my Title?
    This is just senseless. People continue to minimize any argument someone had against the level of difficulty as if it's just whining. It's arrogant. So you all had no issues. Congratulations. Other people have issues and they're communicating them.
    EXACTLY. They are supposed to have issues and not be able to breeze through all the fights.
    Who said anything about breezing? That's an exaggeration. People aren't expecting to do it on Auto Play lol
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Theres what? Like 15 counters.
    I counted 12 who apply poison and 2 more in the form of G99 and Mags. Might have missed some though. And if you dont have 1/14 of those champs, you probably arent far enough in content to be ready. Because in later content you need poison champs.
    Saw 14 on the last updated i saw which was late 2020 cant remember if thers any new since then. Point is tho that not every fight will be able to be done by every single champ. Id argue that that is enough counters and some very common champs who are viable and should be enough for people trying content aimed at the end gamers
    I might have missed some, especially since I included Diablo. Dont think any other poisoners have been added since. And that list probably included OG Abom who poisons when hit. I tried to eliminate anyone who needs synergy for poison.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Totally agree with this. Kabam need to be more specific when they say that events will be open to cavs. Either that or find a way to get some of our hopes up. Can I also just add (and I might get hate for this, idrc) that some of our TB summoners in this thread are making us cavs feel bad about our rosters rather than help us and maybe provide some advice. The 'You need skill for this fight' is frankly unrealistic to a larger majority of our community than one might expect.
    There are several threads going right now that are giving players advice on how to handle this fight. It’s actually really cool to watch the community brainstorm solutions like this.

This thread asked for the opposite. It specifically was created not to help find answers, but to ask that the problem be changed, despite knowing full well that would not be happening. And that’s why this conversation is not constructive.
  • Options
    xNig said:

xNig said:

No. They don't complain when it's not available to them nearly as much as when it's made available to

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

EXACTLY. They are supposed to have issues and not be able to breeze through all the fights.
    Who said anything about breezing? That's an exaggeration. People aren't expecting to do it on Auto Play lol
    So you’re asking for a fight that everyone can do, but is difficult and challenging and painful?

You gotta set your expectations straight dude.
    Did I say everyone? That's just minimizing. I'm pretty sure my comments were clear. No, it's not expected to be a cake walk. It shouldn't be THAT narrow. Not on Week 3.
  • Options
    SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Any champion applying poison works and you talk about super spesific counters like theres only 3 champs who fits the criteria. The entitlement that comes with every new content is just so annoying and is exactly why they add all these gates and requirements to content.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not nearly as skilled as you are, but I think it's important to recognize when an event is meant for me and when it is not.

People complain when content isn't available to them, but then people complain when it is, but their roster isn't ready to handle it. Only, they blame Kabam that their roster isn't ready. It's just so old at this point.
    Perfect
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I... I used a 5/65 Man thing on my main, and I'm using a 5/65 I-Abom on my mini. What about that screams 80-100 6* to you?
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 875 ★★★★
    They call it summer of pain for a reason lol.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★

Ant Man
    Ibom
    Apoc
    AA
    Green Goblin
    Labtron
    King Groot
    BWCV
    Voodoo
    Man Thing

I did it with Apoc.
    Consensually.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Yeah, I've resigned myself to the certainty that I won't get a lot of solos in this event... but it's hardly an impossible fight. Within an hour I've seen solos with iBom and apocalypse. Claire will certainly show up soon. KG and classic abom seem plausible. Edit: also, zero energy so you have infinite attempts. Take a deep breath.
  • Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    You thought kabam would give you 6 star nexus class selector for nerfed events??? 😂😂😂
    Lol. Then me being Uncollected, give me a 5 star nexus too! ,😂😂
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I... I used a 5/65 Man thing on my main, and I'm using a 5/65 I-Abom on my mini. What about that screams 80-100 6* to you?
    I was making a point. One that people will apparently argue incessantly just to rub it in the faces of people who are stuck.