**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

NERF SOP MYSTERIO

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Look everyone I understand you.
    After a bit of thinking I realise that okay the fight is fair compared to the rewards.
    one thing that could have been fixed to make it more enjoyable was make the counters more diverse but it's alright.
    I can only hope that the next boss is compatible with my roster
    Thanks for the enthusiasm that you put in.
  • Options
    RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Use king groot and ignore his damage reflection on sp1 unless mysterio is poisoned.

This fight is pretty straight forward just long
  • Options
    Jdollar77Jdollar77 Posts: 65
    MojoHater said:

Okay I'm gonna come straight to my point:
    This is the summer of pain. Not the Summer of specific counters.
    It is supposed to be about skill, and talent. The rogue boss was great... doable for most rosters IF and ONLY IF they had skill.
    Sinister was decent... a bit choosy with the counters... but still... most people have Dr.Doom, or Torch or Sunspot so it was okayish.
    But the mysterio boss is simply IMPOSSIBLE unless you have very specific champs ie Ibomb, King groot, Voodoo, Claire or Manthing.
    Ibomb is very rare, and King groot and Manthing are rarely ranked up by anyone. Any champ that doesn't put poison is useless. Also, Mysterio has very tough to evade sp1 animation, baiting sp2 dsnt work at all cuz of the power drain and matador, and and his block penetration is way too much to handle.

And they say the bosses only get harder from here.
    As someone who has completed 6.3.3, I can say that the mysterio boss is way too much... and the moment I read the nodes I gave up.
    They should at least give him the "toxicant? toxi-can!" node

This sends the message that all the Kabam wants is money. This game is not just for the ultra max endgame players. If summer of pain is accessible to cavs at least make the first half doable for them.

Its a BS cash grab by Kabam. What else is new. Trash
  • Options
    MojoHater said:

Dude you can use anyone who applies poison... fight is actually skill based....he has more power and madator so its easy access to special and easy access to armor break...its just long fight which needs patience

Anyone who applies poison? Only decent champs with poison are ibom claire voodoo... and even then it's mysterio with all his problems
    Its even worse when Kabam prevent champs that can normally do poison like AA taking a parry. Stupid.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

This is a horrendous take.

If you struggle with consistently dexing Mysterio’s sp1, that is a skill issue. If you are taking too much chip damage to your block, that is a skill issue.

If you play cleanly and intelligently, you could theoretically do this with just about any (ideally poison immune) champ. I would not recommend this because it would be a ridiculously long fight, but it’s an option for a really skilled player.

I don’t know why you invoke having completed 6.3.3 as some kind of milestone that means you should be able to do this. Like, congrats on having done that but it has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Being able to apply poison is a pretty important utility. Lots of champs have it. If you don’t have it in your roster, then this content was not made for you. SoP is not *for* Cavalier players. It is *open* to them. If you can beat it, awesome! If not, keep working at growing your skill and roster. But if you’re going to act as if you are entitled to an easy ride, you will not receive a warm reception.

The point is that it's only doable with certain champs and if you don't have those champs its basically impossible. Same stupid nonsense Kabam does all the time.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Pain is one thing. Head smashing is another. Lol.

Head smashing is exactly how you're supposed to beat this Mysterio.
    Lol. That's fair. Am I petitioning to have it nerfed? Not really that invested. All I know is the Fight is tighter than it needs to be. Both previous ones were challenging but doable. This one didn't even flinch past 100% in the few tries I made, even with Poison counters. Bit excessive really. Considering Cavs only have limited access. I'm with the OP. Overkill. Just my opinion. Of course it's not meant to be that easy. That's obvious. There is a line though.
    All it requires for the easiest time is access to poison damage. Not poison Immunity.

Without poison this fight is doable by virtually any champ but its a 6 million hp fight.
    If you can't acknowledge that this Fight is noticeably more frustrating than the previous two, then I don't know what to say. Seems like people argue against any comment that something is overboard.
    Who cares if it is harder/more frustrating than the other two? This is the summer of pain lol. Different fights will be harder or easier depending on your skill and roster. Do what you can, practice what you can't. I haven't beat it yet, but I'm much better at evading his Sp1 now. I could beat him with AA and several revives. I'll see what the Diablo buff is like and then I'll have a choice. Rank Diablo, rank a 5* Ibom or King Groot, revive with AA, or give it a miss and try the next one. Everyone but the best of the best is going to have to make choices on certain fights at some point. If you have to use revives, look at the rewards and decide if it's worth it. Kabam makes very little content like this. Do what you can and don't complain about what you can't. Use it as an opportunity to practice. This isn't an EQ. There will be no nerfs.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

From the comments I've read here I infer that those who can take such challenges as this mysterio want others to not have the pleasure of this event and wish that even the initial bosses be kept impossible for most non-TB rosters.
    Well, then, we all know that a game dies if it caters only to the interest of the very top players. So RIP MCOC.

How much content in the game right now caters to the very top? It's a very small fraction of the available content. How is that only catering to the very top?
  • Options
    MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    MojoHater said:

Okay I'm gonna come straight to my point:
    This is the summer of pain. Not the Summer of specific counters.
    It is supposed to be about skill, and talent. The rogue boss was great... doable for most rosters IF and ONLY IF they had skill.
    Sinister was decent... a bit choosy with the counters... but still... most people have Dr.Doom, or Torch or Sunspot so it was okayish.
    But the mysterio boss is simply IMPOSSIBLE unless you have very specific champs ie Ibomb, King groot, Voodoo, Claire or Manthing.
    Ibomb is very rare, and King groot and Manthing are rarely ranked up by anyone. Any champ that doesn't put poison is useless. Also, Mysterio has very tough to evade sp1 animation, baiting sp2 dsnt work at all cuz of the power drain and matador, and and his block penetration is way too much to handle.

And they say the bosses only get harder from here.
    As someone who has completed 6.3.3, I can say that the mysterio boss is way too much... and the moment I read the nodes I gave up.
    They should at least give him the "toxicant? toxi-can!" node

This sends the message that all the Kabam wants is money. This game is not just for the ultra max endgame players. If summer of pain is accessible to cavs at least make the first half doable for them.

LOVE THOSE DISAGREES LOL. looking back i realize how dumb my post was