**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A 3 week of pain and summer and irritating.

Comments

• MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Enel said:

Enel said:

@In this game the characters that cause poison are few. You can count them on your fingers.

How many fingers do you have?
    Do you know the meaning of the word irony? Did you use your ant man to bring down the mystery? King Groot?
    @Saiyan explain to this kind gentleman why King Groot is a near perfect option for this fight.

Sure he may be longer than other champs, but his sustainability and utility for the fight is perfect. And if you can’t handle a longer fight, maybe the Summer of Pain isn’t for you OP.

I think him not knowing why KG is good for this fight perfectly illustrates the problem with less experienced players aiming for the big leagues too early.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Enel said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

kabam! keep your word. After week 6.
    For these TBs. Bring insane and increasingly restricted challenges to attackers' choice. I want to see these guys using the Black Panther (Civil War). They think they are gods in this game thanks to you.

I want to see a lot of crying from the TBs. Or I want to see them wildly expending resources to do these challenges.

I'm abandoning the "Summer of Pain" ship. I want to see a lot of people working hard, with the restrictions, not to hit an iceberg.

Everything you are saying like increased restrictive challenges and TBs using there resources and still not able to complete it will happen at some point of SOP. But I dont think they will come cry like this and ask to nerf the content.

• SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

Enel said:

Enel said:

@In this game the characters that cause poison are few. You can count them on your fingers.

Do you know the meaning of the word irony? Did you use your ant man to bring down the mystery? King Groot?
    @Saiyan explain to this kind gentleman why King Groot is a near perfect option for this fight.

Sure he may be longer than other champs, but his sustainability and utility for the fight is perfect. And if you can’t handle a longer fight, maybe the Summer of Pain isn’t for you OP.

I think him not knowing why KG is good for this fight perfectly illustrates the problem with less experienced players aiming for the big leagues too early.

This is the case in most cases and i myself fall into this bracket. I'm not going for the top prize. I'm going for 3rd or 4th because realistically I know some weeks with some of those objectives, it may be way to much stress to bother.

Now the thing that makes KG a great counter for this fight is a combo or three things. Having up a permanent armor break which disables some of Mysterio's abilities and nodes, posion on sp2 and the regen that is really just silly good.

The health pool and regen on KG makes it so he was never in any danger of dying even tho it's a long fight. Yeah it's long but it's also with 0 stress or worries. Just play normally and fire of sp2s. Don't have to worry about rotations like other champs or anything.

On other great aspect to KG is once Mysterio doesn't have a posion on himself, after he uses a Sp1, KG and go in and not worry about rhe damage reflect since its just 10% damage being done and his regen covers is like nothing. Why is this important? Because it gives you much better control of the field to not get pushed in the corner and you can get power faster as well due to more specials from Mysterio being thrown faster.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Enel said:

For these TBs. Bring insane and increasingly restricted challenges to attackers' choice. I want to see these guys using the Black Panther (Civil War). They think they are gods in this game thanks to you.

I want to see a lot of crying from the TBs. Or I want to see them wildly expending resources to do these challenges.

I'm abandoning the "Summer of Pain" ship. I want to see a lot of people working hard, with the restrictions, not to hit an iceberg.

The sad part is, you don't realize that the people that are the real targets of the Summer of Pain content probably don't even find this offensive. *They* want that.

The arena targets grinders. Arena grinders don't complain about arena grinding. Alliance War targets competitive players. The people that alliance war is intended for may complain about a lot of things, but having to compete is not one of those things. The Summer of Pain is intended to be a high difficulty challenge. It targets players who actually want a challenge. Not a pretend challenge where they are forced to stop watching TV while fighting. Not even a pretend zero risk challenge where it might be hard but they are guaranteed to beat it. The players who want a challenge want content where, upon first glance, they aren't sure if they can beat it, or at least aren't sure how they are supposed to beat it.

I am nowhere in the top tier class of player, but even I enjoy such challenges, albeit at a lower level. SoP will probably eventually get away from me: I fully expect that at some point I will have to pull the rip cord and bail out (not necessarily in that order). And that's fine. This does not upset me in the least. I will then know what my limit is.

When the Maze came out, I tried the first fight, said "nope" and walked away. That was the last time I failed to complete content, but I've been pushed up to and even a little past my skill limit (or my stupidity limit) at other times. In those cases, I was able to gain the skills I needed in the time allotted to eventually beat the content: the first Infinity Thanos was like that, and I had a blast learning to beat that fight. But had I failed, I wouldn't be bitter. I failed the Maze, and I even failed the first celebrity challenge (whichever one that was). I failed to fully explore the very first Uncollected EQ map (I struggled just to complete it once).

I've been there: knowing that my best isn't good enough, and even the best I could reach will not be good enough fast enough. I hope all the top players eventually get there, or at least close enough to be interesting, if not in the fights, if not in the Thronebreaker challenges, then in week 10. And I think most of them want this too. If they don't get there, I think the Summer of Pain will have in some sense failed to be what I think it is supposed to be: one of the hardest challenges in the game.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    DNA3000 said:

Enel said:

The sad part is, you don't realize that the people that are the real targets of the Summer of Pain content probably don't even find this offensive. *They* want that.
    Yes please.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Bring on the pain. For the first 3 weeks, SoP wasn’t painful enough tbh. 😂

Jokes aside, it is such tougher content that makes a subset of players strive to be better. And it is exactly that mindset that propels them up to be top players.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    They really need to fix google translate
    xNig said:

Jokes aside, it is such tougher content that makes a subset of players strive to be better. And it is exactly that mindset that propels them up to be top players.

I'm on record as saying I hate Alliance War, but my reasons for hating Alliance War has to do with how it impacts whole alliances, and mine in particular. Not because the fights are hard. The one thing I will give credit to Alliance War is that it forced me to learn how to fight Korg. I doubt I would have any idea how to fight that guy if I wasn't forced to face Mix Master Korg over and over and over again and finally just get fed up with having my tailpipe pulled up over my own head by that guy. So I practiced him for an entire weekend until I could evade SP1 even with my eyes closed and even occasionally light intercept him if he's playing with his eyes closed.

Most people don't know what they can and cannot do until they are forced to try. I'll be honest; I get slightly better over time on my own initiative, but I take much larger leaps forward when I'm compelled to, because the game challenged me to, because fighting Korg for hours on a weekend is not my idea of a good time, but fighting Korg for hours on a weekend so I can mop the floor with him in Alliance War and laugh at the guy who thought he was going to get any kills with that defender placement is in fact my idea of a good time.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

PS: I literally just lagged out in a Korg fight and died, because the MCOC gods suck.

Pff lagged out, sure ;) next you’ll be saying it was dropped inputs /s
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's the summer of pain... people shouldn't complain that content which is advertised as very hard is too hard. It's working as intended. Practice the fight or leave it alone.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

PS: I literally just lagged out in a Korg fight and died, because the MCOC gods suck.

It was actually one of those "pause in the middle of the fight" dealies in the middle of an SP1, which didn't actually kill me but then it got into my head the game client was getting close to crashing, and that little bit of distraction did a much better job of killing me.

I'm willing to call it 50% Kabam's fault and 50% my fault. I believe reasonable compensation for their half of the problem would be a T5 selector and a class nexus crystal.
    That lines up with compensation of 2x T5 selector and 2x class nexus crystal when it's 100% Kabam's fault
  • KennMcocKennMcoc Posts: 158
    Enel said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra My opinion in your language. Don't blame me for not being perfect.

I don't expect this event to be easy. I really don't expect it to be easy. What I don't think is right is that you limit the range of characters for each week. What you have brought this week is without a doubt a disappointment for someone who has been playing this game for years. I am angry. In this game the characters that cause poison are few. You can count them on your fingers. And horribly weak, when it comes to cause damage. And you, Kabam, know that very well. And you bring us a fight with a defender that has no caunter. No character in this game can reverse the activations of the mystery specials. And in which the node only allows passive poison, which can only be caused after you activate special 1. Outside of these conditions, only 10% of the total damage done can be taken. To make it better you have added killer, limiting and further punishing the attacker's game. With a special the misterio will corner you. And an absurd limitation of characters to attack. Do you really believe that the majority will be killing themselves, wasting time trying to pass a ridiculous challenge with infinite hits or spending resources when there is no act 7 to do? The 5* are sick because they can't take any more hits on defense. Our proficiency is extremely outdated and you come up with this fighting nonsense. In which you limit the account of thousands of players. This is very disrespectful. With this event you only facilitate the life of the imbecile who calls himself a mercenary. Can you imagine how much "service" these assholes are getting right now, because you limited the lives of thousands of players? Who not only don't have all the poison triggers available on their account, because they are **** and most of them don't deserve to be worked on, but may not have the great gameplay that you demand in this event? These mercenaries are scattered all over the world. The **** that you banned must be making a lot of profit right now. Because the customers he made along the way are still out there. Have you looked on youtube at most of the videos? They only bring 6* r3 champions to the attack. I am saving resources for act 7 and the abyss of legends. Since I am a knight, it does not pay to spend resource for the limited milestone 6 that you guys provide. I still don't have 6* r3 available on my account. I got tired long ago of playing the game the way you want me to play it. I cancelled the 12.1 update, made another account and play your game my way. I do what I want without cheating. Without wasting my life's precious time or spending a lot of my hard-earned money on the game. This is not a salable challenge. It limits what you have in your account after working hard on it. How many of us players around the world have fought vodoo, king groot, mystery in conditions like this? 505 hits with a 2099 6* r3 guillotine. 505 hits with a nick fury 6* r3. Doing only 10% of the damage. I'm sorry but I don't have that kind of courage. You guys need to stop limiting what attacker can use in challenges. This is ridiculous. This week is not fun at all. And I'm done with the Summer Pain challenge. It is not worth spending resources to reach milestone 6. It's not going to change my bill from water to wine. This challenge is not fun at all. It's been a long time since this game has been fun. That's why I've been playing less and less. Some days I don't even log in. You kicked the knight recruiters in the carina challenge. You kicked the knight recruiters in the gauntlet and now you start kicking the knight recruiters in the summer pain. Be more fair to the knight recruiter.

NOTE: I know there are recruiters who loved destroying the mystery with their nick fury 6* r3, or their guillotine 2099 * r3, or their incredible teddy bear apocalypse 6* r3 at this event creating content for their channel. I know that many people loved this event. If you are one of those recruiters, don't waste your time answering my post. It is not for you. You don't have anything to complain about like I do. Go on with your happy lives, because, of course, you already did your event.

Brazil is at the top of Latin American gaming revenue and 12th in the world and our language is still underrated. A feather.

Wow long message
    Just use revive if u can’t finish in one shot

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

It was actually one of those "pause in the middle of the fight" dealies in the middle of an SP1, which didn't actually kill me but then it got into my head the game client was getting close to crashing, and that little bit of distraction did a much better job of killing me.

I'm willing to call it 50% Kabam's fault and 50% my fault. I believe reasonable compensation for their half of the problem would be a T5 selector and a class nexus crystal.
    That lines up with compensation of 2x T5 selector and 2x class nexus crystal when it's 100% Kabam's fault
    This assumes compensation is linear. With diminishing returns, it takes more and more compensation to cover the last few percent of fault. By the time it is 85% Kabam's fault compensation has risen to six T5 selectors and four Abyss Nexus crystals, plus a 7* Doom with a playboy bunny on one arm and a bottle of champagne in the opposite hand.
  • EnelEnel Posts: 36
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

I'm on record as saying I hate Alliance War, but my reasons for hating Alliance War has to do with how it impacts whole alliances, and mine in particular. Not because the fights are hard. The one thing I will give credit to Alliance War is that it forced me to learn how to fight Korg. I doubt I would have any idea how to fight that guy if I wasn't forced to face Mix Master Korg over and over and over again and finally just get fed up with having my tailpipe pulled up over my own head by that guy. So I practiced him for an entire weekend until I could evade SP1 even with my eyes closed and even occasionally light intercept him if he's playing with his eyes closed.

Most people don't know what they can and cannot do until they are forced to try. I'll be honest; I get slightly better over time on my own initiative, but I take much larger leaps forward when I'm compelled to, because the game challenged me to, because fighting Korg for hours on a weekend is not my idea of a good time, but fighting Korg for hours on a weekend so I can mop the floor with him in Alliance War and laugh at the guy who thought he was going to get any kills with that defender placement is in fact my idea of a good time.
    Guy. Facing the korg with the same old characters is easy. When the kabam breaks this barrier, you will see how difficult it will be to face the korg. If kabam troucer korg and allow players to use, human torch, red omega, teacher x. This painful summer event is a fraud.

It's the summer of pain... people shouldn't complain that content which is advertised as very hard is too hard. It's working as intended. Practice the fight or leave it alone.

I didn't complain about the difficulty. I complained about the restrictions he brought. The poison causing characters in this game are terrible. But it's alright. I'm a retired player right now. So I wish you all.... Nothing.
    Saiyan said:

Mauled said:

Enel said:

Enel said:

This is the case in most cases and i myself fall into this bracket. I'm not going for the top prize. I'm going for 3rd or 4th because realistically I know some weeks with some of those objectives, it may be way to much stress to bother.

Now the thing that makes KG a great counter for this fight is a combo or three things. Having up a permanent armor break which disables some of Mysterio's abilities and nodes, posion on sp2 and the regen that is really just silly good.

The health pool and regen on KG makes it so he was never in any danger of dying even tho it's a long fight. Yeah it's long but it's also with 0 stress or worries. Just play normally and fire of sp2s. Don't have to worry about rotations like other champs or anything.

On other great aspect to KG is once Mysterio doesn't have a posion on himself, after he uses a Sp1, KG and go in and not worry about rhe damage reflect since its just 10% damage being done and his regen covers is like nothing. Why is this important? Because it gives you much better control of the field to not get pushed in the corner and you can get power faster as well due to more specials from Mysterio being thrown faster.

King groot r3 just for this challenge? Sorry. I would never do that. Even more needing to get 594 hits right. King groot and lousy. But you deserve the congratulations.