**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A 3 week of pain and summer and irritating.

Comments

• Options
    EnelEnel Posts: 36

What the OP fails to see is that this event is made for the players that are higher up the ladder and have a ton of counters at rank 3. Us average Thronebreakers and Cavaliers are just allowed to tag along.
    After doing it the first evening I had the same frustration, I was done with the challenge. Then I had a good night sleep, accepted eventhou I am thronebreaker my skill level is more along the lines of a top cavalier player and I don`t have any r3 counters. I leveld up my Voodoo and went for it. Got him down with a couple revives and 196 units word of potions. Some might now feel like that is worth it. But in order to get some nice rewards, you might have to spend a little. If you do not have the skill.
    HOWEVER!!!!
    I do hope the following weeks will bring bosses with less specific counters. A bleed version of this boss for example would have been much better.

And I didn't spend anything to do the 1st and 2nd week. It was solo in the first two bosses. My gameplay is good. And I'm not interested in applying 500 hits to debunk mystery. The poison makers in this game are a disgrace. They are terrible on attack. use dr. Vodoo when no defender activates multiple bufs and an error. spending resources because kabam has decided to limit attack options is not an option for me. Many people understand the way they want things. So, for me, this is already past. Today I am a retired mcoc player.
  • Options
    Enel said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

kabam! keep your word. After week 6.
    For these TBs. Bring insane and increasingly restricted challenges to attackers' choice. I want to see these guys using the Black Panther (Civil War). They think they are gods in this game thanks to you.

I want to see a lot of crying from the TBs. Or I want to see them wildly expending resources to do these challenges.

I'm abandoning the "Summer of Pain" ship. I want to see a lot of people working hard, with the restrictions, not to hit an iceberg.

We have 11 people here who didn't like this comment. Aren't you the ones who want insane and extremely difficult challenges?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

PS: I literally just lagged out in a Korg fight and died, because the MCOC gods suck.

The MCOC gods write correct in crooked lines. You will face Korg without your precious countermeasures. Then you will see what true terror is.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Enel said:

Enel said:

For these TBs. Bring insane and increasingly restricted challenges to attackers' choice. I want to see these guys using the Black Panther (Civil War). They think they are gods in this game thanks to you.

I want to see a lot of crying from the TBs. Or I want to see them wildly expending resources to do these challenges.

I'm abandoning the "Summer of Pain" ship. I want to see a lot of people working hard, with the restrictions, not to hit an iceberg.

We have 11 people here who didn't like this comment. Aren't you the ones who want insane and extremely difficult challenges?
    You're pretty invested in summer of pain for someone who's retired, would've thought you'd want to do something more interesting.

Pretty sure you'd have done the 500 hits with the time you've spent on here
  • Options

Enel said:

I get that you find this difficult, but that's just bitter.
    there are 11 people who didn't like my comment. In your answer plus 4. I ask. Aren't you the ones who want insane and extremely difficult challenges? Prepare your fixit joe. His day is coming.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Bring on the pain. For the first 3 weeks, SoP wasn’t painful enough tbh. 😂

Jokes aside, it is such tougher content that makes a subset of players strive to be better. And it is exactly that mindset that propels them up to be top players.

I'm on record as saying I hate Alliance War, but my reasons for hating Alliance War has to do with how it impacts whole alliances, and mine in particular. Not because the fights are hard. The one thing I will give credit to Alliance War is that it forced me to learn how to fight Korg. I doubt I would have any idea how to fight that guy if I wasn't forced to face Mix Master Korg over and over and over again and finally just get fed up with having my tailpipe pulled up over my own head by that guy. So I practiced him for an entire weekend until I could evade SP1 even with my eyes closed and even occasionally light intercept him if he's playing with his eyes closed.

Most people don't know what they can and cannot do until they are forced to try. I'll be honest; I get slightly better over time on my own initiative, but I take much larger leaps forward when I'm compelled to, because the game challenged me to, because fighting Korg for hours on a weekend is not my idea of a good time, but fighting Korg for hours on a weekend so I can mop the floor with him in Alliance War and laugh at the guy who thought he was going to get any kills with that defender placement is in fact my idea of a good time.
    Guy. Facing the korg with the same old characters is easy. When the kabam breaks this barrier, you will see how difficult it will be to face the korg. If kabam troucer korg and allow players to use, human torch, red omega, teacher x. This painful summer event is a fraud.
    My recollection was that I practiced Korg with Gamora, to make sure I did not have class advantage or any other special tool that would offer an advantage over Korg. The goal was to learn how to fight him, not to find the best champ to fight him.

I'll take any advantage I can find when I'm doing a fight normally. But when I'm trying to get better at something I don't use traditional counters because the whole point is to learn the skills, not practice using the specific counter champion. I'm not good enough to be able to beat anything with anything, but I'm at least good enough to know that when someone says a fight is impossible unless they have a very limited set of counters, they're probably wrong. They always have been. I remember when people said IMIW was an unfair defender back in the day, so I posted a video of me taking down a rank 2 awakened IMIW with a 4* Rogue: no true strike, no armor break, class disadvantage. I remember when people said evade was unfair unless you had an evade counter, so I took down 8k Spiderman with 2500 Sparky: no true strike, no DAA. I don't even remember why I did a 3* Venom vs 5* Medusa, but it was probably to respond to a complaint about needing the perfect counter for her as well.

I'm honestly not all that great. I'm better than average, by a lot, but I need a lot of practice to get good at a fight. But I don't give up just because I don't have the perfect counter. Its great when I do, but I'll give it my best shot when I don't. And while my roster is actually pretty strong these days, I've had to spend the majority of my playing career without the benefit of the best possible counters to fights.
  • Options
    Saiyan said:

Enel said:

Saiyan said:

Mauled said:

Enel said:

Enel said:

@In this game the characters that cause poison are few. You can count them on your fingers.

How many fingers do you have?
    Do you know the meaning of the word irony? Did you use your ant man to bring down the mystery? King Groot?
    @Saiyan explain to this kind gentleman why King Groot is a near perfect option for this fight.

Sure he may be longer than other champs, but his sustainability and utility for the fight is perfect. And if you can’t handle a longer fight, maybe the Summer of Pain isn’t for you OP.

I think him not knowing why KG is good for this fight perfectly illustrates the problem with less experienced players aiming for the big leagues too early.

This is the case in most cases and i myself fall into this bracket. I'm not going for the top prize. I'm going for 3rd or 4th because realistically I know some weeks with some of those objectives, it may be way to much stress to bother.

Now the thing that makes KG a great counter for this fight is a combo or three things. Having up a permanent armor break which disables some of Mysterio's abilities and nodes, posion on sp2 and the regen that is really just silly good.

The health pool and regen on KG makes it so he was never in any danger of dying even tho it's a long fight. Yeah it's long but it's also with 0 stress or worries. Just play normally and fire of sp2s. Don't have to worry about rotations like other champs or anything.

On other great aspect to KG is once Mysterio doesn't have a posion on himself, after he uses a Sp1, KG and go in and not worry about rhe damage reflect since its just 10% damage being done and his regen covers is like nothing. Why is this important? Because it gives you much better control of the field to not get pushed in the corner and you can get power faster as well due to more specials from Mysterio being thrown faster.

King groot r3 just for this challenge? Sorry. I would never do that. Even more needing to get 594 hits right. King groot and lousy. But you deserve the congratulations.

Incorrect. King Groot rank 3 cuz I like King Groot and always have. I beat the Grandmasters Gauntlet specifically so I could get a full T5CC Cosmic to R3 him. When him and Angela were coming to the game (they came the same month) I wanted both champs badly for years. Angela was my first 6 star so luck for me and KG was the second 6 star I ever got awakened so more luck.

You gotta remember, some people just like some champs and them being the best or worst champ in game has nothing to do with that. Quake is by far the best champ yet most players in game just don't like her playstyle. KG is considered bad but his only real issue is damage and to me, that's not an issue. You win fights in MCOC by having health and making sure the enemy has no health. KG is quite good at the "having health" part and the other part is fine, just slow.
    We need more people like you 😢
  • Options

Enel said:

Enel said:

You're pretty invested in summer of pain for someone who's retired, would've thought you'd want to do something more interesting.

Pretty sure you'd have done the 500 hits with the time you've spent on here
    500 hits? No. I got tired. I'm just answering that some people were polite. It is part.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

PS: I literally just lagged out in a Korg fight and died, because the MCOC gods suck.

The MCOC gods write correct in crooked lines. You will face Korg without your precious countermeasures. Then you will see what true terror is.
    I am so out of practice it isn't even funny. I kept firing mediums at the start of combo. That's mix master talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th9StB5RLF4

You don't need champion counters to beat Korg. You just need to practice the fight. And as you can see, on demand I'm not the best attacker. If I can do it, it is doable. Even without precious countermeasures.
  • Options
    NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    Just usea AA, easy. I just saw some guy do it with 4* AA.
  • Options

Enel said:

In this game the characters that cause poison are few. You can count them on your fingers.

I can think of about 14-15 champions that can cause poison. Are they all good for this? Nope, but most are doable with this with some effort and skill. If you need help with the node, post your roster and ask for advice. A lot of us would be willing to help.
    I understand the game well. Thank you anyway. But the poison-causing characters in the game are, for the most part, pretty bad. Most are not suitable for the current mcoc moment. And they are only remembered when kabam decides to put something in the game so that players remember these undead. The only ones I worked with on my list were the apocalyptic teddy bear and the archangel. Dr. Voddo, I didn't have it until 2021. Now, the new abomination that's better on the list and that I don't have on my list. The rest is terrible.

Now I speak as a retiree. I intend to take a long vacation from MCOC.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

I am so out of practice it isn't even funny. I kept firing mediums at the start of combo. That's mix master talking.

You don't need champion counters to beat Korg. You just need to practice the fight. And as you can see, on demand I'm not the best attacker. If I can do it, it is doable. Even without precious countermeasures.
    These duels are for laughs. Let your day come. Extremely insane and with character restrictions.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Stellar said:

Here is the description from Kabam :smile:

We are presenting a special challenge for those who have become Cavalier (by completing Act 6 Chapter 1) or higher.

Maybe include the entire paragraph for context next time. It's not MADE for Cavs, they're just allowed to try.
    When he said that, I knew Acid Wash Mysterio was going to be included. Everyone planning to complete these fights should have seen it coming.
    I was already expecting it, didn't think they would be generous with the armour break node though.
    Got be honest - when I saw that attacker special lock down node I smiled, because my man-thing is only 5r3 lol.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

These duels are for laughs. Let your day come. Extremely insane and with character restrictions.
    Now you are just being petty. Who exactly you think cannot counter korg at all? Just curious. I cannot think of a champ that cannot fight korg at all. If you can shallow evade and light intercept, pretty much any champ can fight korg.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

Now you are just being petty. Who exactly you think cannot counter korg at all? Just curious. I cannot think of a champ that cannot fight korg at all. If you can shallow evade and light intercept, pretty much any champ can fight korg.
    OK. Beating Korg with the right striker is not difficult at all. If kabam take korg out of the box. Restricting the main attackers. Let's see how the vast majority do.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

Enel said:

DNA3000 said:

And it's not just about the korg. We have terrax in the game. Mango Electro. We have a lot of annoying defenders in the game. I want to see how the vast majority will do when the kabam restricts the best attackers for each fight. Do what she did this week. It's the least a throne-breaker deserves. They deserve insane challenges. Never seen in this game. Shall we attack with black panther (civil war) and a joe fixit?
  • Options

Enel said:

Enel said:

In this game the characters that cause poison are few. You can count them on your fingers.

I can think of about 14-15 champions that can cause poison. Are they all good for this? Nope, but most are doable with this with some effort and skill. If you need help with the node, post your roster and ask for advice. A lot of us would be willing to help.
    I understand the game well. Thank you anyway. But the poison-causing characters in the game are, for the most part, pretty bad. Most are not suitable for the current mcoc moment. And they are only remembered when kabam decides to put something in the game so that players remember these undead. The only ones I worked with on my list were the apocalyptic teddy bear and the archangel. Dr. Voddo, I didn't have it until 2021. Now, the new abomination that's better on the list and that I don't have on my list. The rest is terrible.

Now I speak as a retiree. I intend to take a long vacation from MCOC.
    You apparently don't if you can't do this easy fight. I've one shot this fight for fun with Immortal Abomination, Claire, King Groot, AA, Apocalypse, and a 5* r4 Man-Thing. The fight isn't that hard. It's paying attention and learning it. I took two restarts before I was like "oh so that's how I do it." and proceeded to demolish this fight. Who did you try to use for this fight?

Enjoy your "retirement." You've repeated that multiple times like it's going to change our opinion that the problem isn't the fight, but with how you're approaching it.
    I have no intention of changing anyone's opinion. And even you won't be able to change my opinion because you've had success with so many characters. And you must have read me mentioning in other replies or in the post itself that I don't have the new abomination. Who is Claire? In my account, this character doesn't exist. But I congratulate you. You are awesome. You destroyed the mystery. Congratulations.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★

Sounds like you just need to accept the event isn’t for you.
    This mysterio was a standard fight in act 6 at one point, only difference being this time, Kabam gave you a way to armour break him, opening up the number of counters from 2 (man thing and king groot) to anyone that applies poison.

To be honest, the mysterio in act 6.3.3 had 2 nodes on him. Acid wash and nano plague. And he had a health of 270k+. Matador and toxic behavior on the SoP actually makes it way harder then the 6.3 fight. And the inflated health pool on top of it.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Stellar said:

Well he has some good point !

This fight should be designed for cavalier players as kabam said it was for them and throne breaker.

But the Mysterio is way more difficult than the one from act 6. The same one Kabam nerfed after Admitting some parts of act 6 were too difficult.

And concerning the mercs, well with this kind of fight it is possible mercs will have lots of work this week

I keep seeing this. That it's "designed (or tuned) for Cav players". It doesn't say that anywhere in the announcement. There is actually language that suggests it's not even tuned for all TB players. When I read the description, it seemed more tuned for TB who have "done it all" already.

That said, it was decided to let Cav players throw their hat in the ring. And some of them have been pretty successful thus far. But, it doesn't mean every player will be. Or that the content is tuned for them. And yeah, as someone else mentioned. It's not an all or nothing event. If after many attempts, one of the encounters just doesn't seem reasonable, chill and wait for the next one. Maybe the next one is more in line with your roster or skill set. Anyway, good luck to all Cav players participating in and enjoying the challenge! ✌️
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    It's content like this that actually helps us grow as players and get better. I'm closer to the "done it all" end of the spectrum, but I found opportunities in this event to get better as well.

Rogue:
    Helped me get better with She-Hulk. She was on my list as someone I wanted to get better with. Well, week 1 urged me to expedite that. And I'm grateful. It pushed me to learn the intricacies of playing her sooner rather than later. (Probably my next science R3 now)

Sinister: Mostly just further experience in dealing with high end AI. Dude was pretty crafty and.. at least seemed to be, totally aware of his nodes and abilities in real time. 🙂

Mysterio, another exercise in dealing with advanced AI, but also have markedly improved my sp1 full dex ability, by a lot. Before this, I would quite often take at least the first hit of the beam on the block before dexing out. Much closer to 100% success rate on full dex now.

Almost everyone (probably even pro level YouTubers) will probably learn or improve one skill or another throughout this event. I think it's awesome.