[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• Grootman1294Grootman1294 Member Posts: 897 ★★★★
    Well, they extended summer of pain. At least it's a start.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Well, they extended summer of pain. At least it's a start.

If they extended Summer of Pain at a minimum that tell you they don't expect things to be running smoothly by tomorrow so I would just be patient and ask them to concentrate on more preventative measure moving forward.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Member Posts: 351 ★★
    edited July 2021
    Deja vu all over again??? This post is from almost 4 years ago people and I remember it well because I posted a lot of video evidence to support it (as well as many other threads during this time from update 13.x up past 17.x)

When I see folks on here complaining non-stop about lack of QA/testing and others refuting them, all I have to do is go back through FOUR YEARS of myself and many others complaining and calling out ALL THE SAME THINGS. I can say without hesitation that whatever they do for QA/Testing is clearly not working or whatever they are trying to get this game engine to do, it clearly can't accommodate it without severe repercussions (or both!?).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/22714/4500-prestige-whale-ready-to-quit-over-ai-block-parry-evade-issues-please-fix-fix-in-progress#latest

• OdachiOdachi Member Posts: 1,111 ★★★★
    We're 7days in now, make a note of which players bought got Hercules from the early access and roll the whole game back to the last stable release. And then when we try again in August, turn the summoner event into just a calender while were at it as it's a hot mess as well.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Still affecting me…one additional aspect of the parry bug is that I find myself hesitating once I block, usually to check whether parry occurred. Seems like nothing, but I’ve wound up throwing my entire combo off, especially if the opponent has any kind of limber/shrug effect.

Occasionally, muscle memory drops into a counter-combo after the usual parry point, only to realize the parry failed to register and I’m no longer blocking and instead eating a combo.

Not meant to be a gripe—it’s just hard to overstate how much it impacts game play.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

Still affecting me…one additional aspect of the parry bug is that I find myself hesitating once I block, usually to check whether parry occurred. Seems like nothing, but I’ve wound up throwing my entire combo off, especially if the opponent has any kind of limber/shrug effect.

Occasionally, muscle memory drops into a counter-combo after the usual parry point, only to realize the parry failed to register and I’m no longer blocking and instead eating a combo.

Not meant to be a gripe—it’s just hard to overstate how much it impacts game play.

Dr. Zola

Can't be overstated imho. I can't even get through a path in Cav EQ at this point. Very frustrating.
  • GarryDKGarryDK Member Posts: 135 ★★
    Still no updates I see.
  • Upanddown_69Upanddown_69 Member Posts: 249
    Same parry issues here but far more frustrating is the passive AI. It just stands there blocking, waiting for me to make unforced errors. It’s made the game suck.
    I think they're still deciding on AQ
  • MicMisfitsMicMisfits Member Posts: 6

Just a heads up - and everyone's mileage will vary - but the issues seem to be getting worse. Any dashing enemy goes straight through me. Parry, Dexterity (sometimes turns into a parry) and Block don't do a thing. I now also experience the problem where defenders (if a parry automagically does register) are 'unstunned' WAY faster than they should. Very prevalent in the monthly Cavalier quest. Additionally, my regular combos are occasionally interrupted by AI specials. And, once, a heavy. The harder the content (or, rather, the faster and more aggressive the AI) the more these issues seem to pop up. Arena's are barely manageable either though.

Same here… the harder ist gets, the more issues.

iPad Pro…

• kfd2010kfd2010 Member Posts: 423 ★★
    I think I'm going to have to only play what I need to. Get in for AQ and *maybe* 10 easy arena matches so I don't completely lose the thread in the summer event but that's it. I don't want to not play this game because I enjoy it, but I haven't been enjoying it since this bug, which is more than rare for me.

Hopefully they'll figure out something soon. In the meantime, if I'm not playing often, it doesn't make sense to renew the sigil or the unit daily card until I am so may hold on those when they're up as well. This isn't a boycott - I'd jump back on them when this is fixed - but it just doesn't make sense to spend that money if I'm dialing back my play big time
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,796 ★★★★★
    kfd2010 said:

I think I'm going to have to only play what I need to. Get in for AQ and *maybe* 10 easy arena matches so I don't completely lose the thread in the summer event but that's it. I don't want to not play this game because I enjoy it, but I haven't been enjoying it since this bug, which is more than rare for me.

Hopefully they'll figure out something soon. In the meantime, if I'm not playing often, it doesn't make sense to renew the sigil or the unit daily card until I am so may hold on those when they're up as well. This isn't a boycott - I'd jump back on them when this is fixed - but it just doesn't make sense to spend that money if I'm dialing back my play big time

Did you blindly post this or just ignored Miikes message completely?
  • EndickcisselsEndickcissels Member Posts: 26
    Can we please just not have aq until the bug is fixed? A comp package is nice but it doesn’t help how much of a pain aq is with the bug especially when you factor in modifiers, etc.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Member Posts: 451 ★★★
    Well that only took the better part of a week to announce you have “fix” you need players to test for you😂
    They claimed they fixed the bug so I'm perfectly fine with them continuing AQ this week.
    Swen said:

Perfectly reasonable that players test the hot fix considering kabam didn’t bother to test the update

Oh hey, another lie.
  • GarryDKGarryDK Member Posts: 135 ★★

They claimed they fixed the bug so I'm perfectly fine with them continuing AQ this week.

They haven’t fixed anything yet. It hasn’t even been tested in beta.

Who claimed it was fixed?
    Swen said:

Perfectly reasonable that players test the hot fix considering kabam didn’t bother to test the update

Well that only took the better part of a week to announce you have “fix” you need players to test for you😂

So..... What would you have them do? Not let people that are having the issue no test it? Test it in their own environment where they didn't have the issue? You guys are ridiculous.

Who claimed it was fixed?
    I assumed testing would be done already. Either way I'm ready to roll with AQ at this point.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Member Posts: 306 ★★★

I don’t mind testing for them at all. A lot of us tested the big patch after update 15(?) back when devices were overheating and it helped get that fixed finally. Like many others that have played this game for a long time and/or love it, I’m invested in trying to make it the best it can be. I’d do it every month prior to release if they’d let me. 😁

I don’t mind testing for them at all. A lot of us tested the big patch after update 15(?) back when devices were overheating and it helped get that fixed finally. Like many others that have played this game for a long time and/or love it, I’m invested in trying to make it the best it can be. I’d do it every month prior to release if they’d let me. 😁
    I would love for them to test everything upfront in such a manner because the way it is being done now how not be effective. I can wait an extra month to roll out new items if that means taking bugs down my at least half.

I can't imagine how many players you lost in the past 10 days

Probably not many.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Anyone tested beta hot-fix? I cannot sign up for it.
    edited July 2021
    I signed up for the beta hot-fix... hope I get selected.
  • SeraphSeraph Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2021

I can't imagine how many players you lost in the past 10 days

Probably not many.
    Probably many.