**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules immortality bug (or hotfix)

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    People would have gotten the same response had they asked last month. It's not supposed to tank the Special. Not sure what more they could say.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Still silence, eh?

Hmm... let me try and make sense of this ability

What if, because SP3 is considered as a single source of damage, if it would be enough to kill him, his Immortality actually triggers as soon as the SP3 triggers, but is removed afterwards, effectively killing him?

The Champion removes Persistent Charges on SP3 activation even if it does KO, so maybe it's a similar situation.

However, even this does not explain how he was shown as being able to survive SP3s by both the CCP and the EQ Hercules, so...

I don't get it.

Did anyone really say anything during the EQ, or did they just think that that was supposed to be how he works?

Also... if you ask me, it really does look awfully convenient that nothing was done when the EQ was active, but was fixed not very long afterwards, when this behaviour was never intended – but that's just my two cents.

I considered that as well, but it shouldn't have worked on multi-hit SP3s before. I don't think it was worth changing as it doesn't make him terrible or anything, but the way they went about it was so so bad. Pretty safe bet that they know we'll quit complaining eventually and go back to buying stuff, so they can do whatever lame customer relations shens they want, poorly thought-out or not.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Bravehahn said:

It started out as a nerf to his immortality sig ability. now, i am noticing the more i use hercules throughout event quests, variant, alliance wars, etc. I am getting knocked out left and right when there are NO defensive ability accuracy reduction nodes nor anything of that sort. ultron's variant, i am getting knocked out by ultron though he has no offensive ability accuracy reduction trait, there are also no nodes that imply the same thing. alliance wars, there is no ability accuracy reduction on specific nodes when i am fighting, path 4 and boss island left side. YET i am getting knocked out by a jabari panther whom also has ZERO ability accuracy reduction. these are just two examples that i am noticing hercules immortality sig ability NOT triggering.

Pilfer regeneration is everywhere in Variant 1. That node can nullify Hercules' immortality buff instantly and leave you vulnerable to death.

As for Jabari panther, what nodes were on her?
  • Options
    BravehahnBravehahn Posts: 3

Bravehahn said:

It started out as a nerf to his immortality sig ability. now, i am noticing the more i use hercules throughout event quests, variant, alliance wars, etc. I am getting knocked out left and right when there are NO defensive ability accuracy reduction nodes nor anything of that sort. ultron's variant, i am getting knocked out by ultron though he has no offensive ability accuracy reduction trait, there are also no nodes that imply the same thing. alliance wars, there is no ability accuracy reduction on specific nodes when i am fighting, path 4 and boss island left side. YET i am getting knocked out by a jabari panther whom also has ZERO ability accuracy reduction. these are just two examples that i am noticing hercules immortality sig ability NOT triggering.

Pilfer regeneration is everywhere in Variant 1. That node can nullify Hercules' immortality buff instantly and leave you vulnerable to death.

Node 48 in AW: Rage 2.5, Extend, Return Policy - 2, True Focus... where in there is defensive ability accuracy reduction? Nowhere.

Another example:
    Variant 2.0 Microrealm: hercules got knocked out pre immortality buff in 2.2 to a medusa. where is there a defensive ability accuracy reduction for a NON-robotic champion? none. nothing that she can do to get rid of immortality from triggering. also nothing in variant 2.0 to knock hercules out automatically. the sig ability states when receiving any damage that WOULD result in a knockout, gain immortality. that should be any and all damage.

I'm going to keep posting these as I come across them.

ALSO NOTE. NOTICE HOW MY ORIGINAL POST IS AGAIN DELETED FROM THE THREAD so I will post again.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Fuzzycat said:

People would have gotten the same response had they asked last month. It's not supposed to tank the Special. Not sure what more they could say.

And yet Hercules boss in Cavalier monthly EQ was tanking our SP3. Which is why we thought that Hercules has the ability to trigger immortality buff the SP3 IF the SP3 has the potential to knock him out. That’s why no one reported about the “bug”. Because everyone thought everything was working then “as intended.”

And once the monthly EQ is over, Kabam comes out and says “oh, we knew about the bug and we fixed it already.” And no mention of it in Patch Notes 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ That’s Kabam for you.

Let’s admit it - Kabam messed up this one real bad. And one would need to be Kabam bootlicker or myopic not to acknowledge it.
    Do you propose they stop the EQ and fix it? Patch Notes, fair game. The existence of a bug that isn't fixed yet is not proof of deception.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Bravehahn said:

Bravehahn said:

Node 48 in AW: Rage 2.5, Extend, Return Policy - 2, True Focus... where in there is defensive ability accuracy reduction? Nowhere.

Another example:
    Variant 2.0 Microrealm: hercules got knocked out pre immortality buff in 2.2 to a medusa. where is there a defensive ability accuracy reduction for a NON-robotic champion? none. nothing that she can do to get rid of immortality from triggering. also nothing in variant 2.0 to knock hercules out automatically. the sig ability states when receiving any damage that WOULD result in a knockout, gain immortality. that should be any and all damage.

I'm going to keep posting these as I come across them.

ALSO NOTE. NOTICE HOW MY ORIGINAL POST IS AGAIN DELETED FROM THE THREAD so I will post again.
    Jabari panther - Assassin mastery

Medusa - if you triggered immortality in the same frame as when your hitting the opponent, glancing can fail its activation. You can read more about the true nature of ability accuracy reduction here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/269748/combat-mechanics-theres-no-such-thing-as-defensive-ability-accuracy/p1

• Options
    JK_47JK_47 Posts: 218 ★★
    @Maat1985 see ignoring does make stuff go away