**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hercules immortality bug (or hotfix)

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

I guess there will be compensation for anyone that did any eq and side quest last month for fighting a bugged Hercules since an sp3 was supposed to kill him.

Epic response. An entire month fighting a bugged boss that should have fallen with my first Sp3.

Kinda overly convenient that the bug wasn't removed when Kabam were the beneficiary.

We can’t fix bugs during a cash grab event. Now that we have the money, we will nerf him and call it a bug.
    Cash grab event? Lol you must be terrible at the game for you to call anything in July a cash grab.
    Another “git gooodee” kabam apologist.
    Well.... Yeah. Seriously, if you think anything in July was a cash grab, you probably aren't very good and need something to place blame on. We know you won't admit you don't have the skills so you call it a cash grab.
    The cash grab was showing Hercules with a certain ability, then people popping crystals and spending highly to get him. After the event they silently nerf one of his awesome abilities now that it doesn’t benefit them.

Seriously, wake up.
    Lol. Okay, sure. You're tinfoil is a little tight there. How's the Prof Hoff nation these days? Tin foil still easy to come by?
    Yeah, that’s what I thought. Deflection, spin, repeat.
    You don't know what the definition of a cash grab is. Crystals sales is not an event. It's not a cash grab. Kabam didn't run some sort of advertisment saying "buy these Herc crystals because of his ability to tank sp3's".

All the content creator videos were geared around talking about his damage output, not tanking a Sp2. Even then, most content creators are given dev notes on how a champ works and they try and figure out a rotation from that. Even they aren't fully aware of all the potential of a new champ. So if you're relying on a content creator for champ buying decisions, that's on you. Still not a cash grab.

A "cash grab" is an event designed to cost you money. Like the claw machines in an arcade. Optional crystals you can buy to get a champ faster vs running arena is not a cash grab.

Kabam hasn't ever changed the wording in Hercs description. It's stayed the same this whole time. They also didn't come out and specifically say "herc can do this". The community assumed by the text that it was possible and there's a video or two showing it. Kabam is saying it was bugged and the description to me me makes me think the same.

I agree that the change should have been announced. And I also agree if that's the case, the wording needs to be said a little different.

But in no way was ANYTHING a cash grab in July. Take the tinfoil off and wake up (in your words obviously).
    Clearly delusion is a real thing.

If you don’t think a bait and switch silently in the dark is a problem, you are clearly the type of customer kabam loves. “Tinfoil hat” is used as deflection for being blissfully oblivious I suppose.
    Oh now it's bait and switch. Disproved your cash grab theory and we're onto bait and switch. Got all kinds of buzzwords with you today huh.

Let's go ahead and ruin this one for you as well. Curious to hear your 3rd string buzzword.

Bait and switch is when something is CLEARLY advertised for sale for x amount of dollars. When you go to buy said deal, they do not have what they advertised and they try and switch you to something more expensive.

That didn't happen here. Content Creators are not official spokespeople of Kabam and it exist to to give an opinion on upcoming champs.

Hercules wasn't advertised as having this ability out of the box as his description has stayed the same since release.

Kabams ToS states they are allowed to make changes to the game and it's services as they see fit. A ToS you agreed to when creating your account.

Sorry to burst your bubble again, but there wasn't any bait and switch. So what buzzword you gonna throw around next? I'll wait while talk with your supreme overlord Prof Hoff. King of the tinfoilers.

This is a seriously concerning situation. To me the wording was specific in that “being struck” by an sp3 would remove the buff, but if you are not immortal when hit then there is nothing to remove.

If the buff is added after “being struck” then it should not be removed.

I swear I saw someone on YT demo this very thing.

Kabam said Herc was bugged and now fixed. But until someone noticed they chose not to say anything to us.

How anyone can defend this is strange. Kabam is allowed to make mistakes in ability wording and then correct them, but players should be alerted to important changes and compensated if they feel ripped off. Personally I love Herc and am taking him to r3 tomorrow regardless of this, but I do feel like I’ve been somewhat done dirty by this. Not cool.

100% agree there should have been an announcement or included in notes for the hotfix.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Wow, I was wondering why I was dying vs nameless king Groot yesterday despite not being immortal yet. That is a straight up nerf no matter how you twist it, because he was functioning like that since release (and in EQ with no special node to give him that ability) and it matches the character info text.

If it was a bug it should've been announced before his release or during the month gone as he was behaving like that in the EQ, and then the update didn't list it as a such, much less fixed..
  • FuzzycatFuzzycat Posts: 87
    Senzo23 said:

After a long time I spent a lot on cav crystals to get Hercules both as 5 and 6 star champion and took him to rank 3 and 5 respectively looking at the ability to tank sp3 as that's how we fought him in event quest and that's how youtubers showcased Hercules as well. The immortality only did go away if the opponent thew a sp3 while immortality was active. Last month no one from kabam said this was a bug. I'm sure kabam employees also play the game and watch CCP videos. The awakened ability is clearly worded if the ability remains as of last month. Only if you're changing it to be that he gets knocked out by a sp3 regardless of immortality then it has to be changed. As you know the ability doesn't read immortality is prevented if Hercules gets knocked out by a sp3. It clearly states it is removed when he gets hit by a sp3. So please kabam don't tell it's a bug after one whole month of this ability being in the game. There have been champions that can tank sp3 in their base kit so I hope you revert him back to how he was. I've used generic awakening gem and stones on this guy.
    Note: I'm not asking for a compensation here. It's just that it was clear from the beginning, it's just confusing now that you tell it's a bug after testing him and releasing him and playing him in game for a month and it's also nowhere to be seen in the patch notes as well.Let this not be a silent nerf/ silent bug fix without reporting. I Just hope you tell us the community that it wasn't intended to be but we'll let him keep the ability and revert him back to how he was, even if you didn't intend that to be the ability because the playerbase is not at fault here,with everything else going on in the game now this would be the right move for all. Thanks and sorry for the long description.

Exactly! “Prevented” vs. “Removed”. A BIG difference there. Prevented means the ability won’t trigger. Removed means ability will trigger BUT can be removed (i.e. subsequently) with a special 3 attack.

Let’s admit it. Kabam did a big boo boo here. And covertly too.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,411 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

I guess there will be compensation for anyone that did any eq and side quest last month for fighting a bugged Hercules since an sp3 was supposed to kill him.

Epic response. An entire month fighting a bugged boss that should have fallen with my first Sp3.

Kinda overly convenient that the bug wasn't removed when Kabam were the beneficiary.

We can’t fix bugs during a cash grab event. Now that we have the money, we will nerf him and call it a bug.
    Cash grab event? Lol you must be terrible at the game for you to call anything in July a cash grab.
    Well.... Yeah. Seriously, if you think anything in July was a cash grab, you probably aren't very good and need something to place blame on. We know you won't admit you don't have the skills so you call it a cash grab.
    The cash grab was showing Hercules with a certain ability, then people popping crystals and spending highly to get him. After the event they silently nerf one of his awesome abilities now that it doesn’t benefit them.

Seriously, wake up.
    Lol. Okay, sure. You're tinfoil is a little tight there. How's the Prof Hoff nation these days? Tin foil still easy to come by?
    You don't know what the definition of a cash grab is. Crystals sales is not an event. It's not a cash grab. Kabam didn't run some sort of advertisment saying "buy these Herc crystals because of his ability to tank sp3's".

All the content creator videos were geared around talking about his damage output, not tanking a Sp2. Even then, most content creators are given dev notes on how a champ works and they try and figure out a rotation from that. Even they aren't fully aware of all the potential of a new champ. So if you're relying on a content creator for champ buying decisions, that's on you. Still not a cash grab.

A "cash grab" is an event designed to cost you money. Like the claw machines in an arcade. Optional crystals you can buy to get a champ faster vs running arena is not a cash grab.

Kabam hasn't ever changed the wording in Hercs description. It's stayed the same this whole time. They also didn't come out and specifically say "herc can do this". The community assumed by the text that it was possible and there's a video or two showing it. Kabam is saying it was bugged and the description to me me makes me think the same.

I agree that the change should have been announced. And I also agree if that's the case, the wording needs to be said a little different.

But in no way was ANYTHING a cash grab in July. Take the tinfoil off and wake up (in your words obviously).

If you don’t think a bait and switch silently in the dark is a problem, you are clearly the type of customer kabam loves. “Tinfoil hat” is used as deflection for being blissfully oblivious I suppose.
    Oh now it's bait and switch. Disproved your cash grab theory and we're onto bait and switch. Got all kinds of buzzwords with you today huh.

Let's go ahead and ruin this one for you as well. Curious to hear your 3rd string buzzword.

Bait and switch is when something is CLEARLY advertised for sale for x amount of dollars. When you go to buy said deal, they do not have what they advertised and they try and switch you to something more expensive.

That didn't happen here. Content Creators are not official spokespeople of Kabam and it exist to to give an opinion on upcoming champs.

Hercules wasn't advertised as having this ability out of the box as his description has stayed the same since release.

Kabams ToS states they are allowed to make changes to the game and it's services as they see fit. A ToS you agreed to when creating your account.

Sorry to burst your bubble again, but there wasn't any bait and switch. So what buzzword you gonna throw around next? I'll wait while talk with your supreme overlord Prof Hoff. King of the tinfoilers.
    Serious question, is this Michael Scott?
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

Seriously, wake up.

Now who's deflecting?

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

Seriously, wake up.

Now who's deflecting?
    I’ve just never owned someone with facts this much and not have them realize their delusion. He’s the only guy I could think of.
    edited August 2021
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

Seriously, wake up.

Now who's deflecting?
    I’ve just never owned someone with facts this much and not have them realize their delusion. He’s the only guy I could think of.
    You owned me with facts? When did that happen? And you call me delusional? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

Seriously, wake up.

Now who's deflecting?
    You owned me with facts? When did that happen? And you call me delusional? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Someone with common sense wouldn’t need to ask that question Michael.
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

Seriously, wake up.

Now who's deflecting?
    You haven't said anything other than cash grab and bait and switch. You haven't said a single word to support your position on either of your buzzwords. You can't just say "cash grab" or "bait and switch" and call that facts. If I'm Michael, you're Kevin.
  • AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★
    edited August 2021
    I Wish Kabam adds a BLOCK OPTION in Future besides agree/Disagree.. atleast it won't be annoying to see people's post/comments u dislike.... It's shud have been mentioned on the forum or some update shud have been given about it... But... Unfortunately nothing has been done.. not saying he is a bad champ after that.. but doing it silently and not updating it is not right...
    AntzRodz said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

Actually I m terrible buddy.. 1000% disagree to ur

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Gmonkey said:

Seriously, wake up.

Now who's deflecting?
    You haven't said anything other than cash grab and bait and switch. You haven't said a single word to support your position on either of your buzzwords. You can't just say "cash grab" or "bait and switch" and call that facts. If I'm Michael, you're Kevin.
    I Wish Kabam adds a BLOCK OPTION in Future besides agree/Disagree.. atleast it won't be annoying to see people's post/comments u dislike.... It's shud have been mentioned on the forum or some update shud have been given about it... But... Unfortunately nothing has been done.. not saying he is a bad champ after that.. but doing it silently and not updating it is not right...
    Don't take it too hard, little Josh just gets grumpy sometimes on school days and feels he needs to lash out.
  • Senzo23Senzo23 Posts: 2
    After a long time I spent a lot on cav crystals to get Hercules both as 5 and 6 star champion and took him to rank 3 and 5 respectively looking at the ability to tank sp3 as that's how we fought him in event quest and that's how youtubers showcased Hercules as well. The immortality only did go away if the opponent thew a sp3 while immortality was active. Last month no one from kabam said this was a bug. I'm sure kabam employees also play the game and watch CCP videos. The awakened ability is clearly worded if the ability remains as of last month. Only if you're changing it to be that he gets knocked out by a sp3 regardless of immortality then it has to be changed. As you know the ability doesn't read immortality is prevented if Hercules gets knocked out by a sp3. It clearly states it is removed when he gets hit by a sp3. So please kabam don't tell it's a bug after one whole month of this ability being in the game. There have been champions that can tank sp3 in their base kit so I hope you revert him back to how he was. I've used generic awakening gem and stones on this guy.
    Note: I'm not asking for a compensation here. It's just that it was clear from the beginning, it's just confusing now that you tell it's a bug after testing him and releasing him and playing him in game for a month and it's also nowhere to be seen in the patch notes as well.Let this not be a silent nerf/ silent bug fix without reporting. I Just hope you tell us the community that it wasn't intended to be but we'll let him keep the ability and revert him back to how he was, even if you didn't intend that to be the ability because the playerbase is not at fault here,with everything else going on in the game now this would be the right move for all. Thanks and sorry for the long description.
  • 5RSLY5RSLY Posts: 36
    Thanks @RichTheMan for the update.

https://youtu.be/bHWm1jxWN-M

Seems that Kabam agrees that the sig ability isn’t worded properly for the way they just changed Herc.
    BeastDad said:

Cash grab - month of people fighting a character with an ability then wanting a character for said ability. Much money was spent, much was grabbed and kabam never had the intention of letting them keep it.

Bait and switch - videos galore showcasing said ability then silently pulling it away without a word. There is the switch. You would have to be a kabam employee to try side with them on this.

I shouldn’t need to take you to community college.

Go ahead and link those "videos galore".
    AntzRodz said:

You can block people on here.

I already told you that I agree it should have been announced in the hotfix notes. We're in agreement on that.
    AntzRodz said:

@Demonzfyre if people who own him will go into a fight thinking about the SPL 3 immortality during a fight and then get KO due to This... so what u think 40 unit's for a revive.. imagine I don't have unit's and I don't grind arenas.. I have to buy a 135 unit's offer pack to get the job Done.. so what u saying it's not a cash grab... (Just an example)..

No, that isn't a cash grab.
    BeastDad said:

Cash grab - month of people fighting a character with an ability then wanting a character for said ability. Much money was spent, much was grabbed and kabam never had the intention of letting them keep it.

Bait and switch - videos galore showcasing said ability then silently pulling it away without a word. There is the switch. You would have to be a kabam employee to try side with them on this.

Still missing the facts part of all this Kevin.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Insulting each other isn't going to achieve anything. This is just derailing the thread.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    How is this even still going on? Good Lord. It was explained as working as intended.
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Still missing the facts part of all this Kevin.
    I am actually embarrassed for you at this point, I feel like I am picking on someone that is incapable for forming a rational thought. You need me to post Youtube links of Hercules not being knocked out by a special 3 last month during the event?

Come on Joshy, grow up now.
    You can try and play it that way all you want. You haven't given any facts. At all. You've given your loose definition of the two phrases you used but none of that actually happened in game. You still don't understand what either of them actually mean.

You think insulting me and calling me by my real name is somehow going to make up for the fact that you don't have any ground to stand on.

Yes, I'd like you back up your claim of "videos galore" when there's only one that I know of which was Seating whole accidentally stumbled on it while testing. He was as surprised as anyone. Other than that, what content creator who is apart of the CCP, specifically said this is a mechanic of Hercules during the time the CCP had him to test.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Would seem appropriate if Kabam approached this the same way as they did with the Namor/Cull changes.

Sell the champ and have them sent back plus the resources. That way anyone who used AG and stones for a sig that works differently to how they expected can use them elsewhere...

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    Once again, YouTubers showing the Ability doesn't make it any less a bug. I don't seem to remember anyone asking here if it was or not. Not until they got to fixing it. The wording isn't THAT ambiguous. It's removed by L3 Damage. It's enough that it's frozen when you're doing a Special. People think it should trigger after an L3 too? Come on now.